• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Went back and grabbed another 15 series 1, plus a Battle of Alamut at a decent price. I have all of series 1 except Robin Hood now, and multiples of several. I'll get back to you with a have/want list for trades.

Awesome find. You're officially the thread's fig finding hero.

My local shop still has a ton of series 2 through 10s, but no 1s. I hate the thought of Bricklinking them but I may just bite the bullet and do it.

rallaren

I didn't know there were som many different minifigs. Checking random lego on amazon and i find cavemen, wrestlers, minotaurs, "sleepy head"! etc. Edit: whoa there's everything here.
cU2RqyX.jpg
QJH6oYS.jpg
rJYi6Zq.jpg
sAOJMom.jpg
dat bagpipe! DrForester got this one last summer apparently!

rallaren

Does anyone know a site or have a list of sets besides MF and old Castle with the glow-in-the-dark feature?

You don't get a glowing Sting with the Frodo sets?! wat

Pirate Ship Ambush! I wasn't digging this set for 3/4 of the first book and then it started to come together. The sails are really slick.

nYUF38b.jpg

The brig
Wj0Kike.jpg

The upside down shields are a nice touch
MM3Zkps.jpg

PJ with a baguette
3Bp0WOp.jpg

Aragorn. When this set was revealed I didn't notice the Evenstar necklace around his neck. Love that kind of detail.
OOjBf8M.jpg

Went back and grabbed another 15 series 1, plus a Battle of Alamut at a decent price. I have all of series 1 except Robin Hood now, and multiples of several. I'll get back to you with a have/want list for trades.

I also went to the dedicated shop. I traded three unwanted series 2 for Evil Spaceman, Hazmat guy and Pink Spacegirl.

The shop with all the old stuff (although 30 less series 1 now) is 'Liten blir Stor', an independent toy store in Örebro, Sweden. You're welcome to raid it now.

Plane tickets are bought. On my way!

Pirate Ship Ambush! I wasn't digging this set for 3/4 of the first book and then it started to come together. The sails are really slick.

nYUF38b.jpg

Geesh. I keep following this thread, I'll end up with all the LotR and Hobbit sets. Waiting for a great sale for this set.

I just noticed a giant phallus on the ship's bow underside. Shame on you LEGO.

Gonna be selling/trading quite a few. I have no interest in a complete set (or I would have to start doing it with all of them). I'll get back to you.

Hoping for trades for other stuff. It's more fun that way, than having a few more bucks on Paypal.

And yeah, they had a bunch of space pins, but I ultimately went with the blue one.

And WTF Lego? Now they're refunded Orthanc again, and removed the points from it (although I kept my complimentary). I need to see what they're up to on Monday.

Ponn

Banned
Quick, someone talk me out of MoS Black Zero Escape. Its in my gold box today so I can get it for $16. The only thing I would be getting it for is the figs and I already got the Lex Armor set so I have a supes figure already.

ghostmind

Quick, someone talk me out of MoS Black Zero Escape. Its in my gold box today so I can get it for $16. The only thing I would be getting it for is the figs and I already got the Lex Armor set so I have a supes figure already.

Talk you out of it?

We don't do that around these parts...

EDIT: at less than 10 cents per piece, it is a great way to get Lois and Zod with his Kryptonian Battle Armor

It has some good pieces and it has some good figures...and its on sale!

Ponn

Banned
It has some good pieces and it has some good figures...and its on sale!

Talk you out of?

We don't do that around these parts...

I knew I could count on Lego-Gaf. *bank account minus $16*

Ordering Catwoman Chase and Batmobile/Two Face set to. I'm noticing Catwoman out of stock some places and after Batwing retiring I just got this feeling its best to get them while the gettin is good.

$16 is a good price, especially if you're one of the states that don't collect tax yet. I'm holding out for 25% deals for bigger Superman sets.

I'm tempted to pick up more Lex Armor at $17, but with tax now I can resist. $16 I'll buy 1-2 more. $15 I'll get 4-5 more. Don't ask, just know my buying habits are normal based on the regulars on this board.

Vyer

What do you mean 'in my gold box'?

What do you mean 'in my gold box'?

It's a euphemism. J/K. Amazon has a "gold box" for flash deals. They're typically better prices that the items are regularly or even on "sale". The one Ponn01 has for $16 is already on sale for $17 from $20 that anyone can get. I'm not sure if it's the same as Amazon's daily deals, in which case I'm upset I didn't check. If you click on "Today's deal's" you'll see those special sales. "Today's deals", "Lightning sale", and "Gold Box deals" I think are all the same for Amazon.

Ponn

Banned
It's a euphemism. J/K. Amazon has a "gold box" for flash deals. They're typically better prices that the items are regularly or even on "sale". The one Ponn01 has for $16 is already on sale for $17 from $20 that anyone can get. I'm not sure if it's the same as Amazon's daily deals, in which case I'm upset I didn't check. If you click on "Today's deal's" you'll see those special sales. "Today's deals", "Lightning sale", and "Gold Box deals" I think are all the same for Amazon.

Really close, yup right page. If you are signed in near the bottom of that Todays Deals page you will have gold box deals that are specific to your buying and browsing so its different for everyone. Its not a big discount, usually 5 - 10% off so if they throw a game up their like Shin Megami Tensei IV you can get it for 47.99. Its easy to manipulate by browsing specific items, adding to cart and removing then checking back over the next two days. Just dont expect big price items like SSD or Haunted House.

What's the consensus on the Tumbler and Bat set? If I was looking at that or the Batmobile set which should I get?

I'm thinking of grabbing one if I get to the store today.

ghostmind

What's the consensus on the Tumbler and Bat set? If I was looking at that or the Batmobile set which should I get?

I'm thinking of grabbing one if I get to the store today.

In my opinion, the only reason to get the TUMBLR/BAT set is for the movie minifigs. If you don't care about that as much, the Batmobile set is far superior.

ghostmind

A bit better shots of the two August promos:

jVbNpEa.jpg

lfVjHNt.jpg

So if you get a Friends set worth more than $50 in the first half of August, you should be able to get both promo items.

Top Bottom