• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Got two large pab's at Stratford Wesfield on Friday afternoon.

3941.gif

3068.gif

Light bluish grey x at least 600

98138.jpg

half large cup.... too many to count.

3622.gif

After sorting this is just the tiles......
UBRR0BH.jpg

They also had some sets on sale Sith Fury for £55, Gungan Sub at £38 and B-Wing at £120. Tempted by each set but I have the Fury and B-Wing, and love them both like friends, but trying to save some money right now so resisted.

LEGO Tube Map from Stratford Station.
rKi74Xy.jpg

Jealous of the 1x1 square and round tiles.

They were both a nice surprise, I initially went as 1x2 light bley tiles were listed on BrickBuildr but they turned out to be control panels.

Your LEGO store is quite a way I recall and postage would probably kill the benefits but I'd participate in a swap if it worked out for both parties.

They were both a nice surprise, I initially went as 1x2 light bley tiles were listed on BrickBuildr but they turned out to be control panels.

Your LEGO store is quite a way I recall and postage would probably kill the benefits but I'd participate in a swap if it worked out for both parties.
The store yesterday didn't have many good things I wasn't already loaded on.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Got two large pab's at Stratford Wesfield on Friday afternoon.

3941.gif

3068.gif

Light bluish grey x at least 600

98138.jpg

half large cup.... too many to count.

3622.gif

After sorting this is just the tiles......
UBRR0BH.jpg

Whoa - might have to swing by there to get some of those.

R-User!

And you suddenly realize just how big the set will be once done. :)

Be warned though, this set is a HUGE pain in the rear to actually take apart if you ever choose to.

Oh I don't doubt... Fortunately I may not move for the next two to three years; *knock on wood* I love this thing so far!

Okay, trade time!

Series 1-5
Series 6-10

These are all my CMF:s (plus, I just found another series 10 revolution guy and baseballer). They are mostly up for trade, PM me with those you want and what you have to offer. I might consider cash but that's just no fun, I want a bunch of Lego to start turning up in my mailbox (note that I'm in Europe so bigger stuff can get costly to send). I expect roughly the equivalent of $5 for series 1-4 and $2-4 for later series, considering the retail prices around here.

Figures marked with red are not for sale. Figures marked with yellow I can part with, but probably not at the standard price. Figures marked with green are available. I'll mark figures with black as they get traded off. I'm currently holding figures that Relentless Rolento and Bentbricks expressed interest in.

I also have a loose Iron Man polybag, a loose Jack Sparrow and a sealed Jor-El polybag that I might part with, as well as possible loose leg or arm pieces in loads of colours.

Wanted:

* CMF:
- CMF Series 10: Librarian
- CMF Series 9: Mech
- CMF Series 8: Conquistador
- CMF Series 6: Statue of Liberty
- CMF Series 6: Legionaire
- CMF Series 5: Cleopatra
- CMF Series 3: Elf

* Galaxy Squad spacemen figures

* Professor Snape (skin tone version) (or just his face)

* Bear animal figure (from City forest police sets)

* Pick-a-brick stuff (mostly tan bricks, arches, spacers and other desert-like building materials)

* Orcs, uruk-hai or rohirrim

* Nazgul/ringwraith

In case you want a ton of figures:

* UCS R2-D2
* Sopwith Camel
* Pet Shop
* Palace Cinema

* Or any other cool stuff I might want

R-User!

There's something about this that I really like:
iL2vLyGl.jpg

I like this end result:
ThPNa4Vl.jpg

Edit: it looks like a designer named Adam Lewoski (sp?) sort of co-created The Imperial Shuttle...

In the video he says that it was about 65% LEGO and 45% the fan-created models design...

110% Epic confirmed!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
There's something about this that I really like:
iL2vLyGl.jpg

I like this end result:
ThPNa4Vl.jpg

Edit: it looks like a designer named Adam Lewoski (sp?) sort of co-created The Imperial Shuttle...

In the video he says that it was about 65% LEGO and 45% the fan-created models design...

110% Epic confirmed!

Overall one of my favorite builds. If you don't screw up on the top wing like I did and get 80% of the way through then have to rip it apart afterwards. It is such a great display piece.

R-User!

Overall one of my favorite builds. If you don't screw up on the top wing like I did and get 80% of the way through then have to rip it apart afterwards. It is such a great display piece.

In what way did you screw up? Will
It be a spoiler for something that happens later in the build?

I think it depends on how well you lined up everything through the body of the ship for the fin to attach to it. I know I had some difficulty at first to get it stable and still build the back end of the ship over it.

I would buy at least 3 large cups of those! so jelly,

Same. The light grey 2x2 tile would be gold to me. The round 1x1 is surprising to see show up at PAB. I will want tons of 2x2 dark grey.

Edit: if anyone sees light grey 2x2 tiles, or any grey tiles at PAB, I would LOVE you forever if you snagged me some. I am set on red, yellow, and dark tan tiles thanks to others here.

I've gone a bit cold on the Lego sets this year but I'm glad I picked up the little Wizards Battle. Sitting on my desk at work with Superman on the throne. It's a neat little set.

neonglow

I've been warning you all for some time. :)
Of course, I never listened to the warnings about Shuttle Expedition and Medieval Market Village and missed those. :(

No one can afford to get everything. It's all about forgoing certain sets to get others. I missed out on Emerald Nights and Imperial Flagship. Back then, I thought it was crazy to spend over $100 on a single set. =(

No one can afford to get everything. It's all about forgoing certain sets to get others. I missed out on Emerald Nights and Imperial Flagship. Back then, I thought it was crazy to spend over $100 on a single set. =(

Agreed. It is about being choosy and getting the best bang for your buck.

And I was not into the hobby when the Imperial Flagship was out, but I want the set so bad.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If anything, The Lone Ranger gave us the Stagecoach Escape, one of the greatest value sets in recent LEGO history.

After waiting ages (well, since June 15th) for my order, I finally got the Pirate Ship Ambush and two Council of Elrond. I ordered them off a seller who sold them separately, as I wanted a lower cost on the ship and just the spare buildings for the council, but with shipping and taxes it ended up nearly the same. Oh well. I didn't really have a need for another set of figures, and I got a few loose figures I wanted from the same seller.

I kind of like and don't like the ship. It has some rather cool details and I like the shields and other assorted stuff on the railings. The sails also look good. It could certainly lose the stupid catapult and flick fire missiles (seriously, why would a ghost fire a damn missile?), and the seller had a weird definition of "no figure accessories included" as I had to replace bottles and spears from the deck.

For now, I'll let my custom pirate have it. Eventually I may break it down and use the pieces to improve the Black Seas Barracuda with more modern building techniques, although I'm hesitating to mix old and new pieces.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

No, I put the pegs that holds the wings together in the wrong hole so later I couldn't put a rod through the hole I needed. Had to tear it all apart.....which sucks, and put it together correctly.

mrkgoo

I can't really afford too much lego at crazy Oceanic prices... but I've discovered the Lego Designer application. Trying some builds from PDFs. Surprisingly fun! And free!

rallaren

I can't really afford too much lego at crazy Oceanic prices... but I've discovered the Lego Designer application. Trying some builds from PDFs. Surprisingly fun! And free!
I haven't tried any of the lego programs myself but the thought of them really opens up for some design&build crazyness.

ghostmind

With the Lone Ranger bombing at the box office, I have two concerns:

1. The movie performance negatively affecting sales of the sets (a la Prince of Persia), which turns TLG off from attempting their own Western theme for a long time.

2. Disney stubbornly sticking to the idea of making the Lone Ranger a franchise, which could effectively lock up the Western theme until they decide to call it quits (ie. PotC).

I want the return of the true LEGO Western theme, just as I want LEGO Pirates back. TLG can do so much more when they aren't limited by licensing contracts (except for Star Wars and LotR).

1. The movie performance negatively affecting sales of the sets (a la Prince of Persia), which turns TLG off from attempting their own Western theme for a long time.

2. Disney stubbornly sticking to the idea of making the Lone Ranger a franchise, which could effectively lock up the Western theme until they decide to call it quits (ie. PotC).

I want the return of the true LEGO Western theme, just as I want LEGO Pirates back. TLG can do so much more when they aren't limited by licensing contracts (except for Star Wars and LotR).

This... though it may be promising seeing that Lego has the LotR/Hobbit sets alongside the return of Castle sets.

Also, are Castle sets at stores outside of TRU/LEGO now? I want to get the smallest set for a few minifigures even though the value isnt the best. I have yet to get the dog (don't really ever get city sets) and want it.

ghostmind

Yep, Castle is at Amazon and Walmart now as well.

I picked up the Dragon Mountain set for the dragon primarily, though it does have some nice minifigs.

For $13 the Cavalry Builder set is a great deal as well - 4 minifigs, a horse, a cannon and a printed cavalry flag.

Hmmm. I still need to snag that one. If just for the cannon and horse.

EDIT: But there are only three sets on the radar for the rest of the year. Dolphin Cruiser, Ewok Village, and Sydney Opera house. All my other time is probably going to be rebuilding things.
Trying to redo Tower Bridge still. After that I plan to rebuild the UCS X-Wing and see if my feelings are still strong for it.

Calm Killer

Trying to buy a house or land so I need to stop with the LEGO purchases for the foreseeable future.....You all must not tempt me....

Jimbro72

I wonder if it could have, or would have, been more profitable for them to put out their own Western theme to coincide with the Lone Ranger movie, instead of acquiring the license, and that way they aren't directly tied to a movie that looks to be a bomb and also aren't as restricted as to what sets they could do but still cash in on any interest or buzz the movie may have generated.

Top Bottom