• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

beje

Banned
Do any of you have an idea of which is the cheapest set to include a brick separator? I only have one and it's not enough for those dreaded 2x1 stacked plates. I haven't seen them anywhere neither retail nor online except for the official Lego shop but I'm not paying 5€ shipping for a 2.5€ item...

Do any of you have an idea of which is the cheapest set to include a brick separator? I only have one and it's not enough for those dreaded 2x1 stacked plates. I haven't seen them anywhere neither retail nor online except for the official Lego shop but I'm not paying 5€ shipping for a 2.5€ item...

The Gungan Sub comes with one but I don't know how much it is. Seemed like a small set to include it though.

Have a look here;

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?itemType=P&itemNo=96874&in=S&v=1&oV=Y&srt=4&srtAsc=A

Looks like LEGO Pink Brick Box is probably the cheapest with a few in the 500 part size for various licenses.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator

I'll post one to you if you're really desperate for one- i've got a few kicking about already by accident.

Would be cool if they stuck them in the smaller sets, so far I've only got them in the large ones...and with my luck, I've ended up with quite a few! In fact one of the blasted things is lying near my computer.

beje

Banned
Thanks all, I'll check those. The pink box could be useful to diversify a little bit my bucket.

I'll post one to you if you're really desperate for one- i've got a few kicking about already by accident.

Don't worry, I think shipping to Spain could get ridiculous as well :p

The Gungan Sub comes with one but I don't know how much it is. Seemed like a small set to include it though.

Checked that and the Gungan is 72€ for 466 pieces. Dat Star Wars tax.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Surprisingly Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout (6868, $50) came with one. Probably the best non-pink-box alternative because you get The Hulk.

You could also just buy an orange brick separator at The LEGO Store for $4. There should be a box full of them by the pick-a-brick wall.

beje

Banned
Wow, both of those translate to 60 eurobucks. I think I'll stick to the pink box, that's the kind of "cheap enough" I was talking about :p

Thanks all, I'll check those. The pink box could be useful to diversify a little bit my bucket.

Don't worry, I think shipping to Spain could get ridiculous as well :p

Checked that and the Gungan is 72€ for 466 pieces. Dat Star Wars tax.

If you get the sub you can always get some money back by selling the minifigs.

Amidala alone is going for a song.

Bricklink sales of Amidala last 6 months; Avg Price: GBP 16.69

I'm thinking of just starting a BL store to clear minifigs I don't need.

If you get the sub you can always get some money back by selling the minifigs.

Amidala alone is going for a song.

I'm thinking of just starting a BL store to clear minifigs I don't need.

To be fair she was the only thing really notable about the set. Great dress & headpiece. My nephew couldn't care less about her.

Vyer

T-Rex Hunter set was clearanced for 48 at Target. Rex mini fig get!

Comes at a good time as my son got another Dino set for Christmas and enjoyed it. I was just thinking it'd be nice to get a few of them before they were completely gone.

Screw fed ex. Screw em right in the ear. All day long its been saying "out for delivery" only to suddenly say "exception. Driver did not attempt. Will try next business day". What bullshit is that? The rep said they will try again tomorrow. The bastard better.

"Driver did not attempt" what? To do his job?

Not the best explanation they gave you there... Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.
It better. Planned on being up late tonight and starting the build. I am off Sunday through Tuesday and planned to finish the ssd during that. That fucker better not deny me my building time. There is always an issue with the fed ex driver here.

I wish I could get an explanation for that one. They like to pull that stunt...I guess they want you to wait outside, in the cold by the mailbox for them to arrive. With a big sign to showing your name and address.

T-Rex Hunter set was clearanced for 48 at Target. Rex mini fig get!

Comes at a good time as my son got another Dino set for Christmas and enjoyed it. I was just thinking it'd be nice to get a few of them before they were completely gone.

Nice, When I was looking at doing a Bat Cave MOC I was pricing that T-rex out and it was close to $30, so not bad.

Fantomex

The figures in these new hero sets are superb. Took some product shots to make some desktop wallpaper later.

TIcK5.jpg

W2oST.jpg

ilRJe.jpg

FNwLs.jpg

neonglow

I picked up an opened box Dino Defense HQ set from Walmart for $50. Only issue with it was someone stole the T-Rex, but I knew that before purchasing. It's a big set but is pretty much an enclosed fence with a control tower and watch posts. I like that the back gate is lifted with a winch and hook. The vehicles are small and pretty disappointing though.

R-User!

I picked up an opened box Dino Defense HQ set from Walmart for $50. Only issue with it was someone stole the T-Rex, but I knew that before purchasing. It's a big set but is pretty much an enclosed fence with a control tower and watch posts. I like that the back gate is lifted with a winch and hook. The vehicles are small and pretty disappointing though.

It seems almost naked without that T-Rex... Is there a reason you are ok with spending 50 bucks even though you didn't get the Rex? :)

neonglow

It seems almost naked without that T-Rex... Is there a reason you are ok with spending 50 bucks even though you didn't get the Rex? :)

It was half off. There's another helicopter set that comes with the t-rex. I'll end up getting that set to complement this one.

ghostmind

A few additional discoveries:

60013 Coast Guard Helicopter
60026 Town Square

75024 HH-87 Starhopper
75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser

It was half off. There's another helicopter set that comes with the t-rex. I'll end up getting that set to complement this one.

But a different colored T-Rex.

Cracked open the Death Star tonight.

Mother of god.

*maniacal laugh*

The Force is with you, young Echoshifting. But you are not a Jedi yet.

A few additional discoveries:

60013 Coast Guard Helicopter
60026 Town Square

75024 HH-87 Starhopper
75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser

A new cruiser? So that means a new capital ship? Sign me up.

Chris R

So glad the bigger SW sets went up in price on amazon, got a bunch of gift cards but now I can save them for other things instead of buying a SSD I can't display anywhere in my house!

neonglow

I finished building the AT-RT set. It's a very nice build and you guys should get it when you have the chance. The AT-RT is build pretty similar to the Superman/Lex Luthor mech set. The only disappointment is you can't really have the legs in any other position due to the way the pieces fit together when pivoted. Another cool thing is that the droid is build upside down. This is my favorite Clone Wars set.

So glad the bigger SW sets went up in price on amazon, got a bunch of gift cards but now I can save them for other things instead of buying a SSD I can't display anywhere in my house!
But Imperial Shuttle, which is now officially sold out at Lego, is on there for $240. Not as cheap as before, but below msrp and it will get scarce pretty quickly.

Top Bottom