• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Chuckie

Sigh i just signed up... Not convinced yet whether it really is cheaper in the long term than Amazon although i do like the prospect of those VIP points hmmm if only shipping wasn't added this would be perfect! It might be a good alternative though for cases when a set isn't available on Amazon.

But you'll get this awesome card...which is worth it!

6010717065_bbdb1c9d1a_z.jpg

Stormtroopers sold seperately

Amazon Warehouse has Pet Shop for $127. Should I bite, or wait? would like to get the Winter Bakery before that disappears for good.

Maybe I will wait. I will let someone else jump on this for now. Plus, it seems that they appear every few months with a discount.

Sigh i just signed up... Not convinced yet whether it really is cheaper in the long term than Amazon although i do like the prospect of those VIP points hmmm if only shipping wasn't added this would be perfect! It might be a good alternative though for cases when a set isn't available on Amazon.

Sorry for the double post.

FYI, the card will take about 2 months to arrive, but you can start using it immediately in the stores; just provide your email address and name.

Its good to have, and to keep track of what you order with Lego, as they will see what kind of customer/fan/addict you are.

But, they understand if you find a better price someplace else; they are about the only retailer I have come across that is happy when you find their products for cheaper thru another venue.

Sorry for the double post.

FYI, the card will take about 2 months to arrive, but you can start using it immediately in the stores; just provide your email address and name.

Its good to have, and to keep track of what you order with Lego, as they will see what kind of customer/fan/addict you are.

But, they understand if you find a better price someplace else; they are about the only retailer I have come across that is happy when you find their products for cheaper thru another venue.

Ok, i suppose they will only ask me for my address etc. when i actually place an order... I will hold off until i get answer from some Bricklinkers about their price for the Castle+shipping, if it's more expensive than Lego i will go with them instead :)

But you'll get this awesome card...which is worth it!

6010717065_bbdb1c9d1a_z.jpg

Stormtroopers sold seperately

Completely forgot that I had a VIP card from when I went to a LEGO store several months back. Just linked it to my LEGO store account, and found 15 points on the card!

Definitely can't forget that on AFOL day! I wonder if they run out/don't have stock of what I want, would they order it in for me at that price? Or is it purely what is in stock on the day?

So does the Monster Fighters theme OFFICIALLY end on Jan. 1st 2013 then or does Lego usually not pull their sets from their shop until all the stock has expired? Wondering if i should pull the trigger now or wait a couple days...

Chuck

Still without luck
So does the Monster Fighters theme OFFICIALLY end on Jan. 1st 2013 then or does Lego usually not pull their sets from their shop until all the stock has expired? Wondering if i should pull the trigger now or wait a couple days...
Huh? Where did you get the idea that monster fighters was being discontinued?

Huh? Where did you get the idea that monster fighters was being discontinued?

Pretty sure i read it on some forum... Maybe the guy was wrong though, not sure.

Well it won't be around forever right? Just wondering, so you think they will still sell and produce them well into 2013 then?

Pretty sure i read it on some forum... Maybe the guy was wrong though, not sure.

Well it won't be around forever right? Just wondering, so you think they will still sell and produce them well into 2013 then?

It would be virtually unheard of for them to discontinue an entire line in less than a year...and frankly, considering the amount LEGO must invest in creating one, it just doesn't make sense. Some people got spooked when the Haunted House first went out of stock, but I see no indication that they are preparing to discontinue the line. MF was still prominently displayed in my local store when I was in there yesterday. This just seems like speculation/conjecture to me...still, I plan to ask them about it when I hop in there next week. If there's any truth to it, I guess I'll be returning Jabba's Palace and passing on the Rancor Pit for now. I must have the Haunted House.

It would be virtually unheard of for them to discontinue an entire line in less than a year...and frankly, considering the amount LEGO must invest in creating one, it just doesn't make sense. Some people got spooked when the Haunted House first went out of stock, but I see no indication that they are preparing to discontinue the line. MF was still prominently displayed in my local store when I was in there yesterday. This just seems like speculation/conjecture to me...still, I plan to ask them about it when I hop in there next week. If there's any truth to it, I guess I'll be returning Jabba's Palace and passing on the Rancor Pit for now. I must have the Haunted House.

Amazon says the Haunted House is going to be in stock from December 31st.

Ok i guess i can rest easy now that i know i still got time on that castle ;)

Just kinda weird that Amazon EU (checked multiple countries) has all the other MF sets in stock EXCEPT the Vampyre Castle one :(

The Lego Store on the other says : "item no in stock, expected date of shipping: 1st Feb. 2013" Does that mean they get it back in Stock on that date or that when you order it NOW they will probably ship it then? Wondering if i should just order right now at MSRP even if it's out of stock just to be on the safe side

Well, 10231 Shuttle Expedition went OOS overnight on all three different stores I was keeping an eye on. Was planning to purchase it in the new year. Wasn't on my must-have list so not too depressed.

beje

Banned
Got 3 minifigures series 7 at 2€ each at a supermarket (guitar girl, viking woman and human cannonball). I don't know what happened but the rest of the LEGO section was deserted, there were barely 4 or 5 boxes left (one of them very damaged) and the rest of the shelves empty. It was interesting because the rest of the toys area was pretty much completely stocked.

By the way, the log cabin is on discount on FNAC Spain for just 21€ so I might drop by next week.

Well, 10231 Shuttle Expedition went OOS overnight on all three different stores I was keeping an eye on. Was planning to purchase it in the new year. Wasn't on my must-have list so not too depressed.

Ok. If anyone else is looking at this as well, Amazon Warehouse Deals has a few sets in at $111. Just $6 over MSRP for me. Hopefully the packaging is not too badly damaged.

ZMMGf.jpg

Looking forward to the build. I got Nova from the daily bugle set. I think its a 2013 set so it might not be on store shelves. The face looks kind of weathered so its not dumbass Sam Alexander.

TheGrue

Alright, LegoGAF, I have joined your ranks. Been thinking about starting to buy sets for a bit now, lurking in this thread, and asking a couple questions. Went to Wal Mart today and they had some sets on sale, so I picked up Quin Jet and the LotR Weathertop set. Can't wait to get them put together.

Fuck fed ex in the ear. They didn't try to deliver my ssd yesterday for no reason. So today was second attempt but it snowed so they couldn't deliver. Next attempt? Wednesday the 2nd. The hub was closed conveniently so I can't yell at them to do it Monday. God I am so pissed because I am until the 2nd and planned on building the ssd.

Fuck fed ex in the ear. They didn't try to deliver my ssd yesterday for no reason. So today was second attempt but it snowed so they couldn't deliver. Next attempt? Wednesday the 2nd. The hub was closed conveniently so I can't yell at them to do it Monday. God I am so pissed because I am until the 2nd and planned on building the ssd.

Fedex sucks. They did the same thing to me with Jabba's Palace...it was supposed to deliver yesterday, didn't for no apparent reason (it sat in town all day)....today? Nope. Wednesday.

And this was an Amazon purchase with prime shipping. I am still much better off than you, though, since Death Star made it on time. Sucks dude. :/

Anyone else had this problem? I was trying to build the Swarm Interceptor but the booklet has a bunch of pieces looking like they're purple when they're actually the dark blue...darn it guys, I never had this sort of issue with the old booklets!

Anyone else had this problem? I was trying to build the Swarm Interceptor but the booklet has a bunch of pieces looking like they're purple when they're actually the dark blue...darn it guys, I never had this sort of issue with the old booklets!

Yeah, the color is off in that one. It happens. I just experienced this with Goblin King Lair, too.

Fedex sucks. They did the same thing to me with Jabba's Palace...it was supposed to deliver yesterday, didn't for no apparent reason (it sat in town all day)....today? Nope. Wednesday.

And this was an Amazon purchase with prime shipping. I am still much better off than you, though, since Death Star made it on time. Sucks dude. :/
This want Prime shipping. But still. Mine was out for delivery two days in a row now. And there isn't shit I can do about it.

Alright, LegoGAF, I have joined your ranks. Been thinking about starting to buy sets for a bit now, lurking in this thread, and asking a couple questions. Went to Wal Mart today and they had some sets on sale, so I picked up Quin Jet and the LotR Weathertop set. Can't wait to get them put together.

Way to jump in with both feet!

wetwired

put together my daughters pink brick box yesterday, turns out we got double of one of the bags so we have a ton more pieces for her to play with.

My eight-year-old daughter built the Grand Emporium over the last few days, minimal help from me finding pieces and correcting mistakes. 16+, feh. She's started in on the Pets & Apartment earlier today, going to be sad when it's done. Wish you could get Green Grocer, et al, still, the 100% markup on Ebay, etc., is lame.

Since my local Fed Ex hub has some of the most reprehensible service and I will be spending my three days off without an SSD to build, I guess I am going to start a new modular MOC. No idea what I am going to make, but it will be something. Obviously.
Maybe a bank? A police station? Another town home? Let's see what comes out.

I need a beer...

Started building the Imperial Flagship. This thing is going to be huge!

Also, I noticed a nice printed tile for a treasure map. Would have been nice to have the map tiles in the Bag End set printed as well (instead of stickers, i.e.).

Fantomex

Both great sets! You started off with a bang!

Started building the Imperial Flagship. This thing is going to be huge!

Also, I noticed a nice printed tile for a treasure map. Would have been nice to have the map tiles in the Bag End set printed as well (instead of stickers, i.e.).

Still got my treasure map tile from Black Seas Barracuda. :) Feels good.

And partway through my new modular MOC. Think I am going to make a house modular. Do a full baseplate house, complete with front garden and bedrooms.

Damn. Talk about starting with a high point. Weathertop is a neat set to build, and a great lil display piece. I would even call it a perfect desk piece. Quinjet is just hot stuff though. Soooo good. Welcome to the freak show here.

If you love those sets, just wait until you get your first 2000+ piece set.

ruxtpin

Banned
Since my local Fed Ex hub has some of the most reprehensible service and I will be spending my three days off without an SSD to build, I guess I am going to start a new modular MOC. No idea what I am going to make, but it will be something. Obviously.
Maybe a bank? A police station? Another town home? Let's see what comes out.

I need a beer...

I started on my own MOC this past week. Building out the base for some sort of watchtower. I'm trying to to use pieces from other sets, but I like to leave all my modulars together. So I'm finding myself ordering stuff from BrickLink. Spending money on that site adds up quick.

Damn. A nephew of mine got a Lego RC car/truck. My god was that thing complex. It has fully functioning differential gearing! Amazing.

But it was barely lego. Hardly a brick in the package.

Milamber

Damn. A nephew of mine got a Lego RC car/truck. My god was that thing complex. It has fully functioning differential gearing! Amazing.

But it was barely lego. Hardly a brick in the package.

No, LEGO Technic parts is still considered LEGO. You can't define LEGO solely on a brick alone.

Milamber

What LEGO should do for 2013 and beyond, in my opinion, is reissue ALL the LEGO Town sets as CREATOR Experts line. I want them in sleeker pop hinge boxes like the big Technic sets boxes.

neonglow

I just finished building the new Spider-Man/Nick Fury set and some Galaxy Squad sets.

Nick Fury's car is excellent. I like the SNOT technique with his windshield. It's connected by a clip from the hood. This is a definite buy. When Lego makes the Delorean, I suspect it will be based off this car.

After building 2 Galaxy Squad sets, I didn't enjoy the models as much as I had hoped. The Space Swarmer bug was a nice build, but the Swarm Interceptor ship isn't that great. One interesting thing is that no matter how you turn the ship, the cockpit acts as a balance and will keep it's relative position to the ground.

Came to a stopping point on my MOC for the night. Making a very luxurious looking white modular home. Like a fine estate. Have a large chunk of the front done. Now trying to figure out the logistics of the interior details before building the walls around it.

Vyer

I have never bought a Lego train set before, and most of my purchases in the last year have predominantly been for my son's benefit/use.

But damn, Horizon is really calling to me.

I have never bought a Lego train set before, and most of my purchases in the last year have predominantly been for my son's benefit/use.

But damn, Horizon is really calling to me.

Horizon is calling to me as well. The first pic I saw just set the sexy alarms off. Dat orange! Those sleek lines!

But if you can find it for a good price right now, grab Maersk while you can. Fantastic build except for the sheer volume of stickers. It was my first train set, and it was a ton of fun. Horizon is up next.

Top Bottom