• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Got back from TRU, kinda weird seeing the Star Wars sets not marked up and included in a bogo sale. Didn't pick anything up but I did buy a $30 buck Worriz' Combat Lair at Walmart because wolfs.

Fox Mulder

Via an established seller on Bricklink:

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

good.

this is too much of an iconic ship and a giant franchise to never get the UCS treatment again. 7 years is a long time for kids to grow up or new fans to get into lego as well.

They can update it and the original will still exist. I bought every piece for that set off bricklink and it was so much fun digging through the literal mountain of pieces.

Release it later this year as the hype train starts for Episode VII. Announce the Millennium Falcon is returning to film, and celebrate by releasing a new UCS model for Christmas.

neonglow

Could they release the old UCS model as is with updated minifigures? Do they still have the molds for all the pieces? I know the rigging hasn't been grey in awhile and there's the printed radar dish.

ghostmind

Could they release the old UCS model as is with updated minifigures? Do they still have the molds for all the pieces? I know the rigging hasn't been grey in awhile and there's the printed radar dish.

I would think they reimagine it a bit, like they did with the UCS X-wing.

So I haven't bought anything lego since I was a kid but I was leaving target and saw this for 4 bucks so I figured why not

1xYiZNW.jpg

problem is I had such a fun little time making it now I want more! Question is can I get this other Batmobile in stores or do I need to hit up ebay?

$_57.JPG

So I haven't bought anything lego since I was a kid but I was leaving target and saw this for 4 bucks so I figured why not
]

Probably eBay or Amazon at this point, that was last year Spring polybag. I wish I have bought a few more. That was when I only buy Mini-figs scale set before I discover how cool these little mini-builds are. Still no Batman tumbler at my local Target.

My in-law just call me and said Walmart and Target have clearance sale and ask me what set I want or need. I finally got Galactic Titan for $40.00. I might have to go out and visit them. They have about 6 Target and Walmart in their area and some are in more "economically" depress area.

Can they? I thought the point of the UCS was that it was to scale with the mini figures.

I was only joking. I forgot that that was a selling point of the original UCS model of it.

But I really don't know how they could make it bigger. That thing must be a pain to display at the size it is now.

Zerojul

If they do make another UCS Falcon, I hope they're able to add an interior next time. That'd entice me to replace the one I have.
An UCS with the play value of the "regular" Falcon would be the best of both worlds, make me very happy, and cost me a lot of money :)

tuffy

That would be nice. I don't think the UCS had much of an interior.
All it has is the cockpit area that seats 4, a spot to put a minifig in the top gun turret and a lower-able ramp that goes nowhere.

Since the UCS Super Star Destroyer has a little bridge area, there is some precedent for making them more play-friendly these days.

If you haven't taken a look at The Lego Movie game yet, do so! It's... awesome. Pretty standard Lego game fare, but there's plenty of semi-interactive sections that show, in detail but sped up, how to build some great models. Also, everything is brick built. Everything.

I've found plenty of reimagined modular buildings too. There's parts of Cafe Corner, a Fire Brigade remade into an embassy, and lots of other things.

It seems like you will get to play as a ton of CMF:s too. I already got to try out Cleopatra and Shakespeare.

Two posts in quick succession sorry but I just saw the UCS Falcon news/rumor. I was actually just talking to my gf last night about splitting the cost on that Falcon that's on shelves now. We need to get the entire old crew and that would be a good place to start.

But now we can hold off for this. Hnnnnng.

Looks like I need to sell my Falcon Stat. Any gaffers interested? Only built once. Original box and shipping box.

I'm afraid those bags were mixed when it was assembled. That blows the deal for me. :)

Remember those are just rumors, but I think the chances of a revamped UCS Falcon in the next few years is pretty good considering the UCS X-Wing revamp.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm afraid those bags were mixed when it was assembled. That blows the deal for me. :)

Remember those are just rumors, but I think the chances of a revamped UCS Falcon in the next few years is pretty good considering the UCS X-Wing revamp.
I've honestly been leaning towards selling it for a while. I bought it new and average sale for used ones is now about what I paid for it new so I had the fun of building it and I can break even on it.

Also the Falcon was made before the dark times of numbered bags. So they were never sorted. :)

judhudson

Wow, I feel dumb posting this, but I can't seem to get these pieces to stay connected. Working on the Parisian Restaurant. It is gorgeous - I am digging the design and detail work! I'm building the curtains on the first level, and well, it's being a pain.

6037886.jpg

407026.jpg

6016172.jpg

It's the black 1x1 stud. It doesn't want to fit on its side attaching to the blue slope...do I just keep on trying, or do I need to add a piece?

10747506703_93b1b131dd_z.jpg

EDIT: Never mind, I am totally dumb (and blind, time to get some sleep). Had the main black part rotated wrong, thus why I couldn't get the 1X1 stud to fit. Do'h!

Rootbeer

Banned
jud: heh don't feel dumb, I've seen So many posts like this! It almost always comes down to user error though. Especially in more complex builds, it's easy to put something in wrong especially when the instructions are entirely pictures and sometimes the pieces added in each picture aren't always easy to spot... particularly if you are tired or drunk.

Rootbeer

Banned
Was at Gamestop tonight and they had an extra Western Emmet and gave it to me without buying anything. :)

Score. Well, my local GS has a policy about that sort of thing... if they have extra pre-order bonuses, they'll give you one but you have to pre-order something to get it.

honestly? surprised the employees aren't more savvy about that kinda thing and just take them home to sell on ebay. Not saying I would, but the prospect is very tempting.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Huge thanks to Diggeh! Got my Regal PJ Emmet with this aweosme note. Also, consider this positive feedback if you guys ever want to make a trade with him.

F996CB16-16D6-45F7-8294-9BD92A9A28C4_zpsfh8fet1v.jpg

You should be getting Robot DJ today!

Any time! My Radio DJ Robo is safe and sound. Thanks a ton! :)

I can feel yoooooou.

Ryuuroden

Via an established seller on Bricklink:

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Been waiting for this to happen. I was fairly certain it would and even if that rumor ends up not being true, I would be willing to put money down on there being another UCS Falcon sooner than later.

Ryuuroden

Two posts in quick succession sorry but I just saw the UCS Falcon news/rumor. I was actually just talking to my gf last night about splitting the cost on that Falcon that's on shelves now. We need to get the entire old crew and that would be a good place to start.

But now we can hold off for this. Hnnnnng.

It will prolly be 600-800 dollars considering the original was 500.

JANG's Flashback Friday for February 21st is 6940 Alien Moon Stalker from 1986:

http://youtu.be/IYj4w0tJpmM

A very cool Classic Space set, this one is.

Thanks for posting this! This was probably the last set I got as a kid before getting out of LEGO. To be honest I always thought it was an awkward looking set.

I loved the removable ships but the "elephant" look of the thing was always strange...when I uncovered my old LEGO almost two years ago the ship end of this set was still assembled with my blue space man sitting within it. So I guess I have it to thank for having a blue spaceman in terrific shape!

Mixels (Series 1) are now out at LEGO stores, and will be available from S@H starting March 1st. So far they have been receiving rave reviews.

They are great. Articulation in some isn't that great. They are nice little figures with nice playability and a lot of character. They each make a nice parts pack too especially with the new ball-joint parts.

I can't wait to see all the MOCs people make with the new parts. Those are huge game changers.

Once I complete series 1, I'll have to think about which ones I want multiples for the parts if there is a good sale on them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to tell if you get a Nixel in your bag? Multiple reviewers got one with Shuff, but I didn't get one.

Is there any way to tell if you get a Nixel in your bag? Multiple reviewers got one with Shuff, but I didn't get one.

I didn't realize the Nixels were random. I got one with Seismo or Krader (can't remember). I just opened my Shuff and it didn't have a Nixel. I don't have the instructions with me (they are at work), but I recall the Nixel being in the book.

According to Wikipedia.

"For each tribe, one of the three sets will contain a nixel."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixels

-GJ-

One of the Galaxy Squad sets is (iirc) 50% off at a Dutch retailer (Bart Smit). I think it was this one: 70708 Hive Crawler. In stead of €69,99 it's currently €34,99 or €39,99 with an additional 10% off if you give them your movie ticket.

Is this set worth the money? I kinda like the design, but the big parts turn me off.

neonglow

One of the Galaxy Squad sets is (iirc) 50% off at a Dutch retailer (Bart Smit). I think it was this one: 70708 Hive Crawler. In stead of €69,99 it's currently €34,99 or €39,99 with an additional 10% off if you give them your movie ticket.

Is this set worth the money? I kinda like the design, but the big parts turn me off.

That's about $50 US. At that price I'd only get it if you're interested in the theme.

Are these in blind bags? either way looks like a great way to get some useful pieces in various colours.

They're labeled and packaged just like the LEGO Friends Animal packs.

Top Bottom