• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Huge thanks to Diggeh! Got my Regal PJ Emmet with this aweosme note. Also, consider this positive feedback if you guys ever want to make a trade with him.

F996CB16-16D6-45F7-8294-9BD92A9A28C4_zpsfh8fet1v.jpg

You should be getting Robot DJ today!

gsrjedi

So how does the Martian Manhunter promo figure work? Is it just available that one day? Go in buy $75 worth of stuff and ask for it or what? Never done this before.

Draxal

So how does the Martian Manhunter promo figure work? Is it just available that one day? Go in buy $75 worth of stuff and ask for it or what? Never done this before.

Buy 75 dollars worth of stuff, they usually will run out sometime in the later half of the month for the busier lines (Star Wars), so I'd buy in the first half of the month.

My Battle for Endor set just arrived! It felt like a good point to jump in to start an 80's nostalgia shelf, considering that I mostly knew of Return of the Jedi and its related characters when I was growing up.

Gonna build it when I get time.

ruxtpin

Banned
Been out of the Lego loop for some weeks now. Looks like the Sea Cow is out. Any word on the retro spaceship launch date/price or that police one?

Fantomex

Long time no talk Community. Just picked up the Hulk set. It was an easy purchase for me. Never got the Hulk Breakout set so I needed that big Hulk fig. But I would have paid $25 easily for DAT TASKMASTER fig, I'm so warm right now.

ghostmind

Long time no talk Community. Just picked up the Hulk set. It was an easy purchase for me. Never got the Hulk Breakout set so I needed that big Hulk fig. But I would of paid $25 easily for DAT TASKMASTER fig, I'm so warm right now.

DAT TASKMASTER indeed. Going to get this set on March 1st.

Fantomex

I think I'm doing the same. Bought it at Target today, but I'll keep it sealed then go to the Lego Store on March 1st, get the Hulk Set and maybe one of the Iron Man 3 sets I never picked up or a Turtles set and get that Manhunter fig for free. My Lego store takes a looooong time to get new sets. I got this today because a. I'm impatient and b. just in case.

Long time no talk Community. Just picked up the Hulk set. It was an easy purchase for me. Never got the Hulk Breakout set so I needed that big Hulk fig. But I would of paid $25 easily for DAT TASKMASTER fig, I'm so warm right now.

That will probably be what I get in March to get the Martian Manhunter figure. I need a big Hulk, and that one has purple pants!

ghostmind

That will probably be what I get in March to get the Martian Manhunter figure. I need a big Hulk, and that one has purple pants!

I'm also going to get the Doc Ock Truck Heist, but I think I am passing on the Electro set and definitely passing on the Spider-Copter.

The Pengiun and Joker Steamroller sets look enticing though...

After watching Jang's videos on the mixel sets I think I'll probably only be getting the fire and electric sets. I find they have more pieces I want than the rock sets.

I've put up my LDD file for the Ghostbusters HQ over at Eurobricks

GhostbustersHQ.jpg

I'm encouraging people to edit/improve/modify and share so head on over and check it out if you're interested.

Thanks for being awesome!

Where do you think we'll see some plans of a third wave? In a future magazine interview or something of that kind? It's a cool theme.

It's all done. I think Galaxy Squad was a great theme. Two waves is fairly standard for non-evergreen themes with a few exceptions such as Ninjago and Legends of Chima. I just hope they have an oversupply of Galaxy Squad minifigs and make a battle pack (doubtful). I want a ton of Galaxy Squad troops in each color.

I'm eyeing Ultra Agents as a suitable replacement until LEGO's next homegrown space theme. It has a sci-fi super hero vibe. LEGO's version of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'm also going to get the Doc Ock Truck Heist, but I think I am passing on the Electro set and definitely passing on the Spider-Copter.

The Pengiun and Joker Steamroller sets look enticing though...

Agree on the Electro set. I usually pick up that cheapest set like that, but I'll wait for at least 20% off to get that set. I only want it for the Electro minifig which I think is cool. Not sure why the Electro set is so pricey. I'd grab it if it was around $10.

Rootbeer

Banned
I do like the electro minifig but that $12.99 price point is outrageous for such a small set. I bought it though. Wish I'd waited and got it at the TRU Buy 1 Get 1 50% promo.

(which btw is still running. get your butts to TRU)

Thing that annoys me about spider-man sets is they don't do any alternate printing for Spider-Man himself. In other themes, even in TMNT, they do some print variations. Couldn't they do some battle damaged costumes or something? There's lots of things they could do.

Damn, between all the new DC & Marvel sets I don't know what to choose for the Manhunter promo. Not to mention that I really need to buy the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser (#75025) before it goes OOP.

Decisions...

Retail question: I lost my physical VIP card.

Can LEGO store employees look up my info, or do I need to request a new card be mailed to me?

shadow29

Neo Member
I wanted to get the Juniors line Batman set, since I really liked the Figs in it. But how can they really justify the 30 dollar price point in the US? For ~150 pieces that's a bit pricey here.

And yes I know how bad it is overseas....

I wanted to get the Juniors line Batman set, since I really liked the Figs in it. But how can they really justify the 30 dollar price point in the US? For ~150 pieces that's a bit pricey here.

And yes I know how bad it is overseas....

Yeah, I wanted the "60's Batman" from that set, but then thought otherwise after seeing the price. The only thing I can see that may make that set more expensive is the new mould used to make the massive wall and printing on it.

http://brickset.com/sets/10672-1/Batman-Defend-the-Batcave

http://brickset.com/parts/6063256
6063256.jpg

I like the retro look of the 4 stud wide Batmobile.

EDIT: 2 more new moulds. $25 would be a better price. I'll wait for 25% or more off before I bite.

http://brickset.com/parts/6063310
6063310.jpg

http://brickset.com/parts/6055193
6055193.jpg

I finished Battle of Endor after a rather lengthy build. There's a ton of stuff in here, and since it was used, everything was mixed.

I mostly got it for Endor Leia and the Scout Troopers. I will set up a little diorama later on. I will use one of the rebels with a new face for Luke, and oh yeah, Leia needs a new face too since this set uses the older style horrible squinty faces. That white eye reflection did a huge difference in making figures come alive.

Still, the catapult is actually rather cool for once since it has a ridiculous range. The seller didn't send the wings for the flyer, but they're rather cheap to get, actually. In the meantime I'm using some spare corsair sails so it looks proper evil. And the AT-ST was a great build. Actually I'm thinking of keeping it around. The parts are rather specialized and I still have the original toy of that. Only problem is that I might need to get an X-Wing too...

The base was mostly a rather confusing build with a ton of technic pieces, but it eventually comes together nicely. The sliding doors are a great function and it's cool how you can blow out walls. It's just a little weird that the back walls mostly just lean in there.

Aside from the old-style faces, this is an excellent set and it can still be had for quite decent prices. I bet it would be totally awesome along with Ewok Village, but let's try some restraint here...

I might try to collect the figures I had as Kenner originals. As well as Han Solo, R2-D2 and Endor Leia (oh, and R5-D4 which I got along with this set), I had X-Wing Luke, Darth Vader, an Imperial Guard and a Storm Trooper. Most of those shouldn't be that expensive to track down.

Just saw Benny's Spaceship isn't out till August. I cried.

I can't believe they are releasing this set so late in the year, I got a feeling this could be the best seller of all the LEGO movie sets, everyone I talk to that has seen the movie wants that set, they are not even into LEGO but it reminds them of their childhood's sets. I feel the hype might be over by August and the potential sell of this set to casual people by that time might be greatly diminished.
I am not exaggerating here, I was listening to a podcast the other day one the host mentioned that he saw the LEGO Movie with his kids and really wants to buy the Spaceship, this was a non LEGO podcast BTW.

So LEGO pls release the Spaceship nao!!

I can't believe they are releasing this set so late in the year, I got a feeling this could the best seller of all the LEGO movie sets, everyone I talk to that have seen the movie wants that set, they are not even into LEGO's but it reminds them of their childhood's sets. I feel the hype might be over by August and the potential sell of this set to casual people by that time might be greatly diminished.
I am not exagerating here, I was listening to a podcast the other day one the host mentioned that he saw the LEGO Movie with his kids and really wants to buy the Spaceship, this was a non LEGO podcast BTW.

So LEGO pls release the Spaceship nao!!

Part of me thinks delay in those sets were to avoid spoilers.

For those nostalgic like myself, we'll still buy even if it comes out later. 2 of those 3 sets are also the most expensive sets of the theme (not counting Sea Cow which is in a class of its own). August release times it well for a possible XMas present for kids since the price points are so high. Also, this is around the time the DVD/Blu-ray would be released to refresh interest.

ghostmind

Via an established seller on Bricklink:

So, this is just a rumor at this point, I have no way of verifying it, however
someone very reliable from Denmark emailed me that there is going to be a re-release
of the UCS Millennium Falcon either at the end of 2014 or early 2015.

He wasn't sure if it was going to be exactly the same as the previous release
(I think that's unlikely, but you never know with LEGO) or a new design,
but it was going to be an UCS set similar to this: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10179-1

I thought this might be useful info for sellers who have been listing this set
and also buyers who would like the set but don't have thousands of dollars
to shell out for the discontinued model. Again, take this with a grain of salt
as I can't varify the info at this point, but it is something to keep in
mind.

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Top Bottom