• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Just heard that Harold Ramis passed away. Brent - your set is now not only for the 30th Anniversary, but also to help celebrate his contributions to this film and franchise.

:(

Well this just ruined my day. Ghostbusters was my first obsession as a child. I watched the tape so much I wore it out.

R.I.P. Egon

Chuckie

I just built all the red Mixels. Flain, the middle one, is my favorite.
12740796484_1533e0cdc8.jpg

Those are awesome! Did they come in blind bags or did you know what to buy?

Any idea when those are coming to Europe/Netherlands?

kapowza

:( RIP Egon

Those B&M Galaxy Squade bargains were great, got the following

70705 - Bug Obliterator - £25 (£60 rrp, currently £36 on amazon)
70709 - Galactic Titan - £40 (£80 rrp, currently £60 on amazon)

they had a few of the smaller sets aswell, warp stinger for about £15, Crater Creeper for £8. No eradicator mechs at my shop though

edit: gah, somehow I've lost the stickers for the obliterator in the time it took me to open the box, pull out the bags and have a wee look, flick through the instructions and then pack it all all again. I'm a fanny, I wonder if TLC can do me a replacement.

wetwired

I'm cross posting from the RIP thread here but I think because of my recent involvement with Ghostbusters and their lego versions this has hit me more than it would have normally.

Man what a kick in the guts. I don't think a celebrity death has affected me this much before.

What a weird morning. I had borrowed a really legit looking Ghostbusters costume off a friend recently to get some photos. He dropped in at about 5:30 in the morning, I had also found a cool 1:18 scale Ecto 1 really cheap and was getting one for him too.

We were both standing in my driveway while he was showing me how loud the proton pack could get and how it could play the ghostbusters song while I stood there holding the model. Some joggers ran past and must have wondered wtf was going on. Just before he leaves he goes "did you see one of the ghostbusters died?" I go "what?!" and "yeah spengler"

And then I just stood stunned while he drove off. Fuck.

Then I saw this pic on twitter, taken outside of the ghostbusters fire house in New York

BhRVPu-IIAAEtXR.jpg

Streams were crossed this morning.

RIP Egon :(

I think every time I see Egon on screen in any of the films I get happy, so this bums me too

On a Lego note though I picked up some Chima legendary beasts (thx for the heads up again). I got the wolf and gator. the gorilla is the last I want but Target wasn't carrying them.

I'll build them tonight and will most likely use the wolf parts to build up a chunk of my mech that's missing.

I'm cross posting from the RIP thread here but I think because of my recent involvement with Ghostbusters and their lego versions this has hit me more than it would have normally.

Man what a kick in the guts. I don't think a celebrity death has affected me this much before.

What a weird morning. I had borrowed a really legit looking Ghostbusters costume off a friend recently to get some photos. He dropped in at about 5:30 in the morning, I had also found a cool 1:18 scale Ecto 1 really cheap and was getting one for him too.

We were both standing in my driveway while he was showing me how loud the proton pack could get and how it could play the ghostbusters song while I stood there holding the model. Some joggers ran past and must have wondered wtf was going on. Just before he leaves he goes "did you see one of the ghostbusters died?" I go "what?!" and "yeah spengler"

And then I just stood stunned while he drove off. Fuck.

Then I saw this pic on twitter, taken outside of the ghostbusters fire house in New York

BhRVPu-IIAAEtXR.jpg

Streams were crossed this morning.

I wonder if he ever found out he was being made into a LEGO because of you.

Marko723

Neo Member
As a bit of a challenge to myself, I thought I'd see if I could get one of my other CUUSOO projects over the line, one that wasn't attached to an existing TV show or movie, one of my original creations. So I thought I'd see if I made a video to promote it like I did with the Tumbler and Ghostbusters if it could help.

So here's my video for ALA-N Space Exploring Robot on LEGO CUUSOO

Supported and I'll post on a couple boards! Good Luck!

So I was at Target on Sunday and they had the last series of minifigures with maybe 10-15 left.

I go today and they had the new movie CMF set...and all but one were gone. I snagged it and got the Hardhat Emmet, which was one of the two I was most looking forward to.

I really debated getting the Death Star Troopers set and/or the A-Wing and/or Anakin's Starfighter but ended up figuring I'll wait on all three until next month for the Manhunter.

Ryuuroden

Ugh. So I am building the Cinema modular finally and man it really is a disappointment. I am about to start book 3 of it but man I really am going have to totally tear apart this set and totally redesign it. I am not a fan of it, as is. It has an incredibly boring facade so far. Glad I decided to do this before winter cottage (which i may wait till next christmas on) or haunted house (which I may wait on as well) Either way, gonna have to find something to forget about this build. I still have all the Hobbit sets and LoTR sets to build so theres that.

Edit: just so you know, modulars are still cool, its just compared to all the others, this one is a letdown.

Ugh. So I am building the Cinema modular finally and man it really is a disappointment. I am about to start book 3 of it but man I really am going have to totally tear apart this set and totally redesign it. I am not a fan of it, as is. It has an incredibly boring facade so far. Glad I decided to do this before winter cottage (which i may wait till next christmas on) or haunted house (which I may wait on as well) Either way, gonna have to find something to forget about this build. I still have all the Hobbit sets and LoTR sets to build so theres that.

Edit: just so you know, modulars are still cool, its just compared to all the others, this one is a letdown.
I take it you haven't built Town Hall yet.

That'll be my first modular.. Sounds disappointing.

Ryuuroden

I take it you haven't built Town Hall yet.

Naw, I've built Town Hall, its better than Palace Cinima. Yeah its not great but Palace Cinema is on a way worse. I own 3 Town Hall sets and I plan on rebuilding it bigger and designed to stand alone in a central square so that it will be interesting all around.

Naw, I've built Town Hall, its better than Palace Cinima. Yeah its not great but Palace Cinema is on a way worse. I own 3 Town Hall sets and I plan on rebuilding it bigger and designed to stand alone in a central square so that it will be interesting all around.

I agree. Town Hall's first floor is more interesting than the entire cinema.

Rootbeer

Banned
Lex's Power Armor is $15.00 on Amazon right now.

Been hovering around that price since the 20th or so. I suspect many of us have this set by now, but if not, really should pick one up. It's already a fantastic deal at $20, at $15 it should be an instabuy.

Another similar set, Spider-Cycle Chase, is also in that price range right now. The build isn't as good but it has a very strong minifig line-up with Spider-Man, Venom and Sam Jackson Nick Fury

Also Cloud Cuckoo Palace is back in stock, I know people keep mentioning that it's sold out everywhere (as with many LEGO Movie sets)

Been hovering around that price since the 20th or so. I suspect many of us have this set by now, but if not, really should pick one up. It's already a fantastic deal at $20, at $15 it should be an instabuy.

Another similar set, Spider-Cycle Chase, is also in that price range right now. The build isn't as good but it has a very strong minifig line-up with Spider-Man, Venom and Sam Jackson Nick Fury

Also Cloud Cuckoo Palace is back in stock, I know people keep mentioning that it's sold out everywhere (as with many LEGO Movie sets)

Don't undersell the vehicles in Spider-Cycle Chase. I really liked Nick Fury's green car. It looks slick and has some cool techniques with the hover wheels and hidden flick fire missiles. Spidey having a motorcycle is ridiculous to me, but it's a nice bike. I think kids would like it a lot.

Lex's Power Armor is $15.00 on Amazon right now.

Cheapest and currently only way to get classic Superman and Wonder Woman. Unknown if we'll ever see the classic Superman costume in the future since the comics and movie have Superman in the new costume.

Rootbeer

Banned
Whelp Cloud Cuckoo Palace sold out on amazon already :) That didn't take long... again. My local LEGO store also said it's been an extremely popular set. Unikitty is an icon!

Whelp Cloud Cuckoo Palace sold out on amazon already :) That didn't take long... again. My local LEGO store also said it's been an extremely popular set. Unikitty is an icon!

That just means you need Lord Business's Evil Lair so you can get Bizniss Kitty.

"Numbers, numbers, numbers! Business!"

I've been considering the set since I saw the movie, never had any interest in it before. I wonder if that's the case with most people.

Oh, I wanted Uni-Kitty before I saw the movie. It has unique head print and a tail I've never seen before. Not sure if that tail is new or not. I want Uni-Kitty even more after the movie. I would be happy with just the Cuckoo set Uni-Kitty. Only other version I really care about is Space Uni-Kitty.

Move over Hello Kitty! Uni-Kitty is coming to town!

Rootbeer

Banned
That just means you need Lord Business's Evil Lair so you can get Bizniss Kitty.

"Numbers, numbers, numbers! Business!"
Oh, the Palace was in my first LEGO movie purchase. But the latecomers are now devouring the kitty cuteness as well. I would like to get her variants, but the lair is at the bottom of my list. Would like to catch it on clearance for $40 or less later this year though... We'll see.

The LEGO LOTR game is damn good. Color me surprised.

I 100%ed it when it released. Had a blast with it but the end game to complete it was a huge drag. I'll be getting The Hobbit game on release probably from EB Games for the mini figure. I don't even know when it releases.

EDIT: EB Games shows my age... >_< Gamestop I mean

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I liked Lego POTC. Not the sets or even the source films, but I did enjoy the game, probably my favourite one.

We need a new Lego Pirates theme already, hurry up TLG.

I got a big raise starting in April, so I'd like to get something big. Problem is, there isn't really anything I want currently. I think I'll set aside money to get both the Spaceship^3 and the construction mech though.

I may have figured out a way to get another 100 cm of shelf space for modulars, so Pet Shop might be an option, maybe along with building Cafe Corner or Green Grocer from scratch.

I just look through my limited Super Heroes stash and I realized I don't have the dark suit Batman, where is that figure from? (the one they use in the movie).

I am curious if they will do that Batwing from the movie.

Hit up the Hillsdale San Fransisco location today, but they were cleared out of a lot of stock. Found a Mixel which we haven't gotten in Canada yet, but none of the new SW battle packs. Ah well, at least I got to dream about the low US sticker prices compared to ours.

Worth noting that Jabba's Palace was down to $95 from $120....not sure if that's a recent thing in LEGO shops.

Ugh tracking for my Sea Cow says it was delivered earlier but I've been here all day and no doorbell rings and nothing at my door. I'm hoping it was a case of the delivery driver being lazy and scanning early, but it's getting kind of late now and still nothing... This is after an estimated delivery of Saturday, only to miss that obviously. I hate Fed-Ex, why does Lego have to use it. Anyone have experience contacting Lego about situations like this?

Top Bottom