• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Oh my!!! Kinda strange considering a competing brand already has done a bunch. All I would care are proper Dr. Who minifigures and a TARDIS.

Interesting.

"We now welcome projects based on the following licenses that used to have conflicts:
Doctor Who - February 2014"

5029736039097_CharacterBuilding11thDoctorPackmicro_ProductHero_2.jpg

AJSLAYPX.jpg

A few new tidbits (like pictures of the GotG sets, and the TMNT movie sets) of info in the LEGO Toy Fair retailer catalogue:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/new-york-toy-fair-2014/PR_Catalog_2014_FullBook_LoRes.pdf

Darn you LEGO! I almost want the Duplo Super Hero sets, but at $30 and $50, forget it!

Turtle Lair for $20 seems a bit pricey, but a great way to get Leonardo if you don't have him already.

$90 Artic Base will be mine! Hopefully at 30% off or more.

Those LEGO Friends sets are great. Lots of nice $10 entry sets too.

Slumbo Mixel is very interesting. I wonder if those eyes are head pieces. Very nice piece use with the helmets on the eyes.

EDIT: Looks like Mixels are out every 3 months. Better grab them if you gotta get em all.

Darn you LEGO! I almost want the Duplo Super Hero sets, but at $30 and $50, forget it!

Turtle Lair for $20 seems a bit pricey, but a great way to get Leonardo if you don't have him already.

Those LEGO Friends sets are great. Lots of nice $10 entry sets too.

Slumbo Mixel is very interesting. I wonder if those eyes are head pieces. Very nice piece use with the helmets on the eyes.

EDIT: Looks like Mixels are out every 3 months. Better grab them if you gotta get em all.

Looking at the other Mixels and seeing they use minifigure hats as well on the eyes, I'd have to say that for sure those are new minifig heads that are eyes.

ghostmind

Interesting pricing on the upcoming CMF series'.

Recent CMF = $2.99USD/$3.49CDN
Simpsons CMF = $3.99USD/$3.99CDN
Series 12 CMF = $3.99USD/$3.99CDN

I think someone mentioned that earlier and none of us were too happy about it. 4 bucks for a minifig, especially a random one is getting up there in pricing...

ghostmind

I think someone mentioned that earlier and none of us were too happy about it. 4 bucks for a minifig, especially a random one is getting up there in pricing...

I was more curious regarding the parity in pricing between the USA and Canada.

Also, check this one:

79018 Hobbit 8; 858 pcs; $130USD/$120CDN

I wonder why the Smaug set is cheaper in Canada?

frogg609

I'm wondering which set I should get, either the Parisian Restaurant or Metal Beard's Sea Cow.

They are both pretty great sets, in very different ways. For those that have both, which one do you like more (if you had to choose)?

ghostmind

GotG set names/minifigs:

76019 Starblaster Showdown (Nova Corps Officer, Sakaaran Soldier, Star-Lord)
76020 Knowhere Escape Mission (Groot, Nebula, Rocket, Sakaaran Soldier)
76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue (Drax, Gamora, Ronan the Accuser, Sakaaran Soldier, Star-Lord)

Sakaarans? Could that possibly mean... oh MAN!

ghostmind

Hobbit set names (tentative):

79015 The Witch King
79016 Lake Town Bell Tower
79017 Battle of the Five Armies
79018 The Lonely Mountain

ThisOne

Really stupid to increase these prcies. I may be done with buying new CMFs. Have they released what The Simpsons ones will look like yet?

GotG set names/minifigs:

76019 Starblaster Showdown (Nova Corps Officer, Sakaaran Soldier, Star-Lord)
76020 Knowhere Escape Mission (Groot, Nebula, Rocket, Sakaaran Soldier)
76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue (Drax, Gamora, Ronan the Accuser, Sakaaran Soldier, Star-Lord)

Sakaarans? Could that possibly mean... oh MAN!

I hope GotG is a hit. It would open up things to a Skrull/Kree war. Or Skrull/Kree attack on earth. It would be nice if they could squeeze a Hulk movie into Phase 3. Send him to the planet. No World War Hulk. I think it's too much for the big screen, but I think Hulk in space would work.

Rootbeer

Banned
Trying to be optimisitc here...

Maybe LEGO is doing something special with series 12 similar to how they are doing something special with the Simpsons CMF series.

Maybe it's not just a standard minifig in a bag this time. Maybe they are mini sets like the Friends/Mixels just with fewer pieces and still random?

They can't just jack up the price a full $1 and offer the same as before, the price is already pretty expensive at $3 when you only get 4, 5, 6 pieces per bag.

I sure miss when they were 2.50 a bag... did the earlier sets CMF series start even cheaper? Regardless they inflated pretty fast.

neonglow

Maybe LEGO is doing something special with series 12 similar to how they are doing something special with the Simpsons CMF series.

Maybe it's not just a standard minifig in a bag this time. Maybe they are mini sets like the Friends/Mixels just with fewer pieces and still random?

They can't just jack up the price a full $1 and offer the same as before, the price is already pretty expensive at $3 when you only get 4, 5, 6 pieces per bag.

They're going the Skylanders route with Series 12. It's based off the MMO so each blind pack will come with a code to activate something like having that particular figure unlocked in the game.

how much are the friends polybags? For something in that category I would be willing to stick to the CMF. But to be honest I would prefer them to just be continued as before or just retired.

Zerojul

Well I need to have the Simpsons collection so I will pay the price but the regular series... Aren't usually the licensed items more expensive ? Are they testing a new price point to see how customers will react ?

Rootbeer

Banned
They're going the Skylanders route with Series 12. It's based off the MMO so each blind pack will come with a code to activate something like having that particular figure unlocked in the game.
Ahh that's right! Well hopefully more than 'just' a code but who knows... But isn't the minifig MMO free to play? if so then maybe the price is justifiable afterall if you are into the game. I will definitely be checking it out.
how much are the friends polybags? For something in that category I would be willing to stick to the CMF. But to be honest I would prefer them to just be continued as before or just retired.
4.99 (same as Mixels), but I could see them doing a scaled down polybag similar to this but with fewer pieces... maybe :p it's a thought.

In any case, yeah, i'm all-in for Simpsons, after that it's still a wait-and-see.

Zerojul

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks. When is the game supposed to launch ?

Rootbeer

Banned
Ah ok that makes sense, thanks. When is the game supposed to launch ?

This summer! You can already play around with the site and unlock stuff for the game.

http://www.playminifigures.com/en

I think you can just login with your lego.com account if you already have one

I'm up to level 11... you have to reach level 30 to unlock the exclusive in-game minifig, but you can't level that high yet as the site is not yet finished.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
We don't know anything about CMF 12 right? Could be licensed stuff, could be more pieces, could be lots of new molds?

EDIT: derp

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification. That makes a bit more sense now. I do hope they come down in pricing eventually once they introduce more series. One can dream, right?

theaface

I'm planning to do the same. What was the approximate cost of all parts?

The parts I could get on Pick a Brick came to £24.47.

The parts I could only get via Bricks & Pieces came to £12.66.

Both included shipping and VAT, so the grand total therefore was £37.13.

Ponn

Banned
Hobbit set names (tentative):

79015 The Witch Kingks
79016 Lake Town Bell Tower
79017 Battle of the Five Armies
79018 The Lonely Mountain

Waiting for five armies to come with 1 fig per army.

Looks like S@H is sold out of the new Batman sets. Going to put a crimp in my MM fig order plans. Forced to get Sea Cow instead mayhap me hardies yarr?!

Ponn

Banned
The Witch King's tomb was in the second movie at least.

Maybe he swings by for the final battle in the third movie.

That would be hilarious in an EE he flies by the battle on a Fell Beast and just flips Gandalf the bird and flies off while Gandalf looks up all dramatically.

I see what you did there with "Artic". Was that an involuntary ode to Artic Batman? LOL

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/s...-fair-2014/PR_Catalog_2014_FullBook_LoRes.pdf

As for the new sets, these are of interest to me:

42025 Technic Cargo Plane: I actually like the alternate build vs the cargo plane.
42030 Technic RC Volvo L350F Wheel Load: Looks great. Hoping for nice RC functionality.
75054 AT-AT: Awesome how Lego priced this at $110 for 1137 pieces.

Is there a "dummy's guide" to Bricklink? I've never used it, but want to buy Gandalf's hat and eventually the Simpsons minifigures.

The site is kinda overwhelming at first glance :\

Chuckie

I'm hoping to see Galadriel in this set, or we'll probably never get her. Also, I hope WK is in his crowned helmet (continuity be damned!) so we can almost live without a Pelennor set.

A Witchking with a helmet...I would buy it so hard...with or without Galadriel

Ryuuroden

I'm wondering which set I should get, either the Parisian Restaurant or Metal Beard's Sea Cow.

They are both pretty great sets, in very different ways. For those that have both, which one do you like more (if you had to choose)?

Well right there is the best modular and the best ship so really it's your choice. Personally I would go for the modular but get it with the knowledge that if you don't have any of the other modulars, it will makeyou want to get them. There are no other costly sailing ships out there atm over 100 dollars so less blackhole risk with sea cow.

Top Bottom