• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just finished one part of my first LEGO set - I completed the Fire Truck Mech. That thing was pretty annoying to put together. Pieces kept on falling apart and I despise decals!

ghostmind

A new Yoda Chronicles trailer:

http://youtu.be/pDPcB7DcJQQ

OHmhOxf.jpg

6I6Zvtn.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
S@H restocked most of the new stuff. There's a few still out of stock or labeled as not shipping till later this month though.

Minifig promo not live yet. Hopefully in the next 30 mins?

frogg609

S@H restocked most of the new stuff. There's a few still out of stock or labeled as not shipping till later this month though.

Minifig promo not live yet. Hopefully in the next 30 mins?

Curiousity Rover is still out of stock. I really want to order that soon.

Rootbeer

Banned
Curiousity Rover is still out of stock. I really want to order that soon.

Yeah that was on my radar for today since I'm still not fully decided what to order. I just want to top $75 and hold most other stuff for April.

I think I'll snag the new Hulk set and... not sure what else. The only other Superhero set I need is the Goblin one but it's a bit expensive for what you get.

Just finished one part of my first LEGO set - I completed the Fire Truck Mech. That thing was pretty annoying to put together. Pieces kept on falling apart and I despise decals!

Welcome to the fun! And the decals are not necessary for that set to look cool. You can skip them. As for pieces falling apart, I am not sure. Mine seemed pretty stable as I built it. I hope the rest of the build is more enjoyable for you.

If not, many of us here can recommend some great sets to get for fun.

Are you going to attend the Grand Opening to get one of the special sets? Do they let you buy two? Because I'd love to have one...

I asked for the day off from work on the Saturday they are giving away the store set. I want one of those bad. If I snag two, I will keep you in mind.

And I am still on the fence if I will drive to Natick to get Martian Manhunter. If I knew they had a crazy PAB wall, I would go no questions asked, but I want to wait on sets for double VIP.

If anyone is getting a second Martian Manhunter, let me know. I will trade something for it. If not, I will just go get the bare minimum to get him.

Shrennin

Welcome to the fun! And the decals are not necessary for that set to look cool. You can skip them. As for pieces falling apart, I am not sure. Mine seemed pretty stable as I built it. I hope the rest of the build is more enjoyable for you.

If not, many of us here can recommend some great sets to get for fun.

Thanks! Overall, I did enjoy it, it was just that certain pieces seemed to fall apart pretty easily but now that it's actually complete it seems stable enough. I'm trying to get all the LEGO movie sets first, but I also want to collect anything and everything Batman.

Even though the decals don't matter, for future reference, is there a way to order more decals for a particular set if you mess 'em up?

Also, what's this about special sets like Martian Manhunter?

Thanks! Overall, I did enjoy it, it was just that certain pieces seemed to fall apart pretty easily but now that it's actually complete it seems stable enough. I'm trying to get all the LEGO movie sets first, but I also want to collect anything and everything Batman.

Even though the decals don't matter, for future reference, is there a way to order more decals for a particular set if you mess 'em up?

Also, what's this about special sets like Martian Manhunter?

If you are missing decals, you can usually get more from LEGO customer service. Some stuff they will not replace, however. Things that are licensed like VW and Star Wars.

As for Martian Manhunter and similar, there are promos every month at LEGO stores or LEGO.com where if you buy X amount of stuff from them, you get something free. For March, if you buy $75 worth of product from LEGO stores or LEGO.com, you get a free Martian Manhunter figure. These promos are usually pretty exclusive, and the figures or sets from them wind up being pretty valuable later. I still love my Hulk figure from two years ago.

And the exclusives are a good thing for me to add to the OP at a later point. That is something I overlooked. But the OP covers a lot of stuff if you are just diving in, but promos like this I did not cover, so I will fix that at some point. Thank you.

Rootbeer

Banned
Martian Man-Hunter is up at S@H

Order placed... I settled on Hulk Lab Smash and Spider-Helicopter Rescue, because I think I'll be a lot more likely to find the other sets I'm eying by other means at a cheaper price. I like a lot of the new Chima stuff, but it's frequently discounted or clearanced, so no reason to rush.

Now the long wait for S@H delivery. Cursed rain :p

Order placed... I settled on Hulk Lab Smash and Spider-Helicopter Rescue, because I think I'll be a lot more likely to find the other sets I'm eying by other means at a cheaper price. I like a lot of the new Chima stuff, but it's frequently discounted or clearanced, so no reason to rush.

Now the long wait for S@H delivery. Cursed rain :p

Yeah, not sure if I want to make the drive. It is supposed to snow here in CT on Monday, which is when I planned to drive. At the same time, ordering online means I have to put up with FedEx. Ugh.

Shrennin

If you are missing decals, you can usually get more from LEGO customer service. Some stuff they will not replace, however. Things that are licensed like VW and Star Wars.

As for Martian Manhunter and similar, there are promos every month at LEGO stores or LEGO.com where if you buy X amount of stuff from them, you get something free. For March, if you buy $75 worth of product from LEGO stores or LEGO.com, you get a free Martian Manhunter figure. These promos are usually pretty exclusive, and the figures or sets from them wind up being pretty valuable later. I still love my Hulk figure from two years ago.

And the exclusives are a good thing for me to add to the OP at a later point. That is something I overlooked. But the OP covers a lot of stuff if you are just diving in, but promos like this I did not cover, so I will fix that at some point. Thank you.

That sounds pretty awesome! Is the Piece of Resistance Emmet a promo similar to that? I got that one for February.

Also thanks for answering my questions! I may end up getting new decals (even if I have to pay for 'em) but right now I think my mech is fine. It looks really awesome regardless! :D

Also, how valuable do you think the LEGO Movie theater/game exclusive minifigs will eventually be? I know it's probably hard to tell, and I won't ever really sell them, but I'm just curious.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah, not sure if I want to make the drive. It is supposed to snow here in CT on Monday, which is when I planned to drive. At the same time, ordering online means I have to put up with FedEx. Ugh.
It's weird, when something is shipped by Ontrac they get inside my building fine. UPS usually has no trouble either, it's rare. but I have a lot of trouble with FedEX not understanding how to get in my building or call me from the entry system, which is weird because they must deal with hundreds of such systems every day, yet they play stupid with mine. Often I'll be home the entire day and I'll go down to check the mail and find a sticker placed by them. They don't even try to contact me!

Rootbeer

Banned
Sea Cow is the #1 seller on S@H right now -- wow :)

Gonna assume most of these people don't know about double VIP next month. I mean, $250 for a set is nothing to sneeze at.

neonglow

Sea Cow is the #1 seller on S@H right now -- wow :)

Gonna assume most of these people don't know about double VIP next month. I mean, $250 for a set is nothing to sneeze at.

Maybe their kid is clamoring for it and couldn't wait any longer? This is the first day the Sea Cow is available to non-VIP members.

Built Uruk-Hai army. That's a tiny little wall... but it looks good. Can't wait to have the entire keep finished. Tons of cool figures too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Placed a small order for the new Easter bunny and Mia's Lemonade Stand for the free Rapunzel polybag.

And then I realized I already own Mia's Lemonade Stand.

/facepalm

A heads up for some cheap sets for Euro gaf. I was looking for An Unexpected Gathering as my friend bought it last week from £52 and I searched for the set on idealo.com. I found a site called http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/offers/logo.list That has it listed £50 but even better is that if you get 2 logo items together and use code LEGO2 you get 10% off both. Most of the sets are cheaper elsewhere but even if you don't find something you can get a lego movie figure for £2.50 as the second item to get AUG for £45.

I don't care for the Hobbit sets but I think I'll collect the 9 fellowship figures and display them in front of bag end. I am tempted to pick up the mines of Maria though haha

AO9vz14.jpg

I had some friends over to help build Helm's Deep. And then we looked at the finished set and thought that it needed something more. Then one thing led to another.

In this picture you're not even seeing the AT-ST (controlled by Unikitty), the Snail-loaded Ewok catapult and Lex lending a robotic hand to the uruk-hai.

Ponn

Banned
I had some friends over to help build Helm's Deep. And then we looked at the finished set and thought that it needed something more. Then one thing led to another.

In this picture you're not even seeing the AT-ST (controlled by Unikitty), the Snail-loaded Ewok catapult and Lex lending a robotic hand to the uruk-hai.

That is truly, truly outrageous. We need to see more Unikitty everywhere. Make it the new things on cats fad.

So i added most of the new superhero sets and all of the mixels to my cart and came out to be $260. Saving money by not going with the Sea Cow is not working out very good. Also im broke at the moment and cant order anything for two weeks. Are my chances of getting a MM fig in two weeks still pretty good?

Top Bottom