• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Fowler

HE4GJpb.jpg

Utinni!

Looks awesome. Hope it has some Lars homestead! I want my LEGO blue bantha milk.

So, I never learn apparently. I just spent a ton of cash on Bricklink.

On the other hand, that takes care of more than 2000 of the pieces in Green Grocer including most of the sand green... and most of the things left are big quantities of normal parts I want to find cheaper.

Was gonna try buying some sets online but quite a few I want are sold out on the store so I guess I'll try driving out there on Tuesday and picking some stuff up. Would hate to miss out on that minifig promo.

leng jai

Now that TLM sets are trickling out here I'm pretty tempted. Most of them are cheap enough to buy even if they're not amazing. Think I'm set on Cloud Cuckoo Palace, Ice Cream Machine and Super Cycle Chase. Still mulling over Lord Business' Lair and Rescue Reinforcements. Not a massive fan of hybrid building/playsets usually but the figs in the Lair look amazing.

Am the the only one who would rather buy the Flying barn bit itself?

Ponn

Banned
spaceship

Spaceship!

SPACESHIP!

Space..STOP THAT! you don't dock with that ship!

Ok so that was a fun build and it looks really cool. Love all the wing pieces and the amount of gun/laser cannons. I still have to say this might have made a pretty cool TV series like Ninjago, maybe even aimed a little more at teens/AFOLS. It might have even done better as a series.

Had to pick up my sets and organize a little today and picked this up and felt it was time to finally put it together. I still have a backlog of Hive Crawler, Bad Cop Pursuit, LoTR Black Gate and Bat vs Bane.

ghostmind

Picked up one Martian Manhunter at the LEGO store today with Joker Steamroller, Man-Bat set and the Penguin set. Also made a S@H order for the Hulk Lab, Cap vs Hydra and Spidey vs Doc Ock sets, and another MM promo minifig.

Rootbeer

Banned
Good way to divide it up... sadly I already had a lot of those sets :) I'd like to get a second MM, will have to decide fast on what $75 is worth getting now though. Wish I knew what all was coming out in April, those friends Animals series 4 gotta be coming soon right?

Canada got them in Jan and UK got them in December o_O

Rootbeer

Banned
I wonder if the recent Doctor Who CUUSOO news could eventually lead us towards a LEGO Doctor Who game?

It would definitely be fresh and different, certainly no shortage of level or character ideas.

YAY finally got my Simpsons set! Can't wait to start building it.

The dude at the Lego store was awesome and told me about this, so gonna order those parts soon.

On that note, are there any other custom instructions for licensed stuff? Whether its from Start Trek or Gundam or even Doctor Who stuff?

wetwired

YAY finally got my Simpsons set! Can't wait to start building it.

The dude at the Lego store was awesome and told me about this, so gonna order those parts soon.

On that note, are there any other custom instructions for licensed stuff? Whether its from Start Trek or Gundam or even Doctor Who stuff?

You should check here more often, I posted it here right after I posted the LDD file to Eurobricks.

I've put the instructions for my Batmobile Tumbler here

If anyone is awake right now, there is a sale at Target for Red Five X-Wing and The Tower of Orthanc!
It's buy one get one 40% off. Buying both sets will cost $320!

http://www.target.com/p/lego-the-tower-of-ortc-10237/-/A-14663023

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-five-x-wing-10240-red/-/A-14663026

BN56eh6.jpg

That is an AMAZING deal for those sets considering they aren't easy to get discounts with the new LEGO rule. 20% is an $80 savings. Jump on it if anyone wanted both of them.

Ugh, those are both on my list, but $320 is too much for me right now. I have plans to buy $150 worth to get 2 Martian Manhunters. I'll sadly have to pass and hope Red Five X-Wing somehow is clearanced/discounted for May 4th. I hope Tower of Orthanc hangs around for at least 1 more year.

I wonder if the recent Doctor Who CUUSOO news could eventually lead us towards a LEGO Doctor Who game?

It would definitely be fresh and different, certainly no shortage of level or character ideas.

You mean video game? I doubt it unless Dr. Who popularity continues to grow a lot more.

Speaking of Doctor Who and Cuusoo. Brickset just put out an article with some of the current entries.

http://brickset.com/article/10361

I think this one is clever.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/59237
thumb640x360.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
If anyone is awake right now, there is a sale at Target for Red Five X-Wing and The Tower of Orthanc!
It's buy one get one 40% off. Buying both sets will cost $320!

http://www.target.com/p/lego-the-tower-of-ortc-10237/-/A-14663023 <-- Sold out

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-five-x-wing-10240-red/-/A-14663026

BN56eh6.jpg

Man people don't mess around on these LEGO deals. Missed it. I mean, there are still LOTS of sets on their site that qualify, but Orthanc would definitely be a top choice.

shadow29

Neo Member
Bought the Death Star and the Sea Cow for my roommate.

They wouldn't give me two manhunters though. For 600 bucks I think I deserved 2.

You mean video game? I doubt it unless Dr. Who popularity continues to grow a lot more.

Speaking of Doctor Who and Cuusoo. Brickset just put out an article with some of the current entries.

http://brickset.com/article/10361

I think this one is clever.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/59237
thumb640x360.jpg

I actually prefer this one

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/59234

The proportions of the TARDIS don't seem right on the smaller builds. I feel like the makers had to compensate for the size of the minifigures. The one above seems more accurate and is roughly the same size that the BBC makes there models. Plus the exterior of the TARDIS is the only visual thing that has remained consistent over the shows 50 year history and would therefore appeal to Doctor Who of all generations.

Anyone think this will go lower or should I bite now? ...or will it drop lower?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSN5GSE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's 25% off saving me $5 (overpriced set in my opinion) but I want the criminals and the bikes pretty badly.

Cool. Just put an order in.

I don't spend on big sets like most here, but I do like grabbing alot of small ones at discount.

Been a while since I've gotten a huge set, but Dol Guldor might be the next I get for Azog and the orcs.

Amazon must be price matching against TRU. Both those sets are $15 at TRU. I was at TRU today and was tempted to get both Dol Guldor and that exact same criminal set for the black bike and criminals. :)

You may be able to get the High Speed Police Chase set for cheaper, but not by much. I'm holding off as that set will be around for a year at least.

The Dol Guldor is different. We may see heavy clearance on those someday so 40% may be achievable, but who knows. 25% would be a buy for me if I wanted that set a lot, but it's only a nice have so I'm waiting on that one.

Amazon must be price matching against TRU. Both those sets are $15 at TRU. I was at TRU today and was tempted to get both Dol Guldor and that exact same criminal set for the black bike and criminals. :)

You may be able to get the High Speed Police Chase set for cheaper, but not by much. I'm holding off as that set will be around for a year at least.

The Dol Guldor is different. We may see heavy clearance on those someday so 40% may be achievable, but who knows. 25% would be a buy for me if I wanted that set a lot, but it's only a nice have so I'm waiting on that one.

Yeah, hobbit sets seem to dip very low, but the hard part is to know when to bite. But yeah 25% for Dol Guldor wouldn't be a bad price.

wetwired

depends if you can find a bricklink store that has all the parts, but with postage you're probably looking at around $40-$50

judhudson

Finished the Parisian Restaurant set today. What an incredibly fun build - I hope the designer does more modulars, all the rest felt bland compared to it.

1779177_10203285242831447_424669302_n.jpg

ghostmind

Finished the Parisian Restaurant set today. What an incredibly fun build - I hope the designer does more modulars, all the rest felt bland compared to it.

Three of the other modulars on your shelf (Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, Grand Emporium) are made by the same designer as the Parisian Restaurant.

frogg609

I currently have 3 of the panda suit guy minifig. I'm looking to get either:

Marsha Queen of the Mermaids
Gail the Construction Worker
Larry the Barista

If anyone has one of these they'd be willing to trade for let me know.

My daughter and I worked on our first mashup model this weekend: two Mountain Hut (31025) kits mashed to make a two-storey hut and bigger mountain :)

(more photos and descriptions at the link above)

I like it! Looks like a terrific collaboration. Does the balcony door open all the way?

Just an FYI: your link is pointing to an image and not an album. Not sure if that's what you intended.

I'm trying to figure out what purchases to make to get a couple of Martian Manhunter figs this month. Luckily there are lots of new sets to add up to $75....plus I'm still missing 10 of the movie CMFs. That new Hulk set features a bevvy of new figs so I that's a prime candidate. And I keep humming and hawing about Farnsworth...I need to pull the trigger on that one...love the chairs.

It's using plates instead of bricks. It seems to be bigger too if you compare the number of studs on the sides of the new version with the brick height of the old version.

I'm sure using plates keeps the cost down a lot. I'm OK with studs all over look. Gives it a rougher worn out look.

Greeble, greeble, greeble!

I'm sure using plates keeps the cost down a lot. I'm OK with studs all over look. Gives it a rougher worn out look.

Greeble, greeble, greeble!

Also means a very different style for constructing to get all that glorious SNOT going.

As for what to get to reach $75 for Martian Manhunter, I am probably getting Flying Flusher and another exclusive set that is cheap since the retailer exclusives are usually never discounted, and also disappear quicker. I am looking at you Monster Fighters Zombies.

neonglow

Also means a very different style for constructing to get all that glorious SNOT going.

As for what to get to reach $75 for Martian Manhunter, I am probably getting Flying Flusher and another exclusive set that is cheap since the retailer exclusives are usually never discounted, and also disappear quicker. I am looking at you Monster Fighters Zombies.

You should pick up Creative Ambush too since that's a Target exclusive though you need to spend $5 more to get to $75.

I ended up buying the Joker Steam Roller and Riddle Chase to get up to $75.

Next month, I'll budget for Palace Cinema during double VIP points period.

Top Bottom