• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

In both physical and online LEGO stores, with 75$/55€ or greater purchases. Until march 31 I believe. It's supposed to be limited to one by household as usual.

I love it !!! What was the MSRP for the 2005 set ?

Well if I ever get a weekend off I guess I better make a trip to Glendale.

Forgot to mention they have set with a CMF clown color variant on clearance for 20%. I bought one more and will grab a few if it ever hits 50% off.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Minifigure-Birthday-Set-850791?fromListing=listing

OMG! Chima must be doing fairly poor for this set to reach $2.99. I feel ripped off after buying a few at $5.99 a couple weeks ago. :)

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Razcal-s-Glider-70000?fromListing=listing
70000-1.jpg

EDIT: Palpatines Arrest for 44.98!

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Palpatine-s-Arrest-9526?fromListing=listing

Hmm $5 shipping and I haven't bought any Chima stuff yet. Not sure...

Well got my 5th set just since seeing the movie, which is like my first time buying Lego in about 10 years(well besides 2 Indy sets that were ridiculously cheap clearance at walmart a few years back)
Got the Batcave today, the Batmobile and Freeze sets a few days ago.
Along the movie Melting room and Cycle sets.

Holy shit at Target's selection. Walmart has just half a single shelf for Lego, Target had 3 entire aisles.

If you value your money, stop following this thread. Final warning.

If you wish to enjoy, enhance, and enable your LEGO hobby, follow this thread. We welcome fresh faces and wallets.

Built Vulk Mixel. Really cute lil guy, and I love the little black creature that comes with it.
But those small ball joint pieces are the big game changer. So many applications for MOCs later.

And the Martian Manhunter figure is as awesome as expected. I need to get the Artic Batman set just to get Aquaman. Then we will only be missing Green Lantern to get the best JLA team.

I haven't built the Mixel that I bought yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Artic Batman is a really terrific set. The boat is really cool and the figs are excellent.

Ponn

Banned
with as excited as everyone was for Mixels i thought we would have more impressions by now. I think i'm only going to be able to get one tribe for now and waiting for impressions on which tribe to get. I'm leaning towards the rock ones simply because it seems they are going to be the least popular and I kind of feel bad for them.

Bought Bad Cop's Pursuit (I think that's the set) yesterday as well as a physical copy of the movie's soundtrack.

One day, I'll get the Sea Cow...

If you value your money, stop following this thread. Final warning.

If you wish to enjoy, enhance, and enable your LEGO hobby, follow this thread. We welcome fresh faces and wallets.

Im going to be dead broke because I collect regular figures as well.

Should be fun though, been even longer than that 10 years since I was buying a large number of sets. Used to have a friend who had one of those tables made for Lego and we built so much stuff on that.
Im already wanting the Ghostbusters set whenever it releases.

I can check tomorrow.

YAY!

And just went through my PAB haul for this trip:

"Sort the cups!"

Cup 1:
White Chair- 116
Clear 1x2 plate- 45
Clear 1x1 plate- 109

270 pcs. $.029 per brick.

Cup 2:
Green 1x4 tile- 24
Black 4 sided SNOT- 20
Grey 2x6 brick- 8
Brown 4x4 plate- 3
White Chair- 14
Clear 1x2x2- 48
Clear 1x2 plate- 219
White flower bunch- 10
Clear cheese slope- 175

521 pcs. $.015 per brick

Cup 3 (large cup):
Dark grey 4x4 plate- 8
Light grey 2x12 plate- 13
Green 1x4 tile- 68
Clear 1x2 plate- 31
Blue 1x8 tile- 26
Green 1x2 slope- 5
Black 1x2 slope- 16
Blue 1x2 slope- 27
Orange 1x2 slope- 14
Light green 1x1 stud- 77
White 1x2 grill tile- 17
Light grey antennae- 31
Black 2x3 inverted slope- 4
Clear 1x2x2- 107

444 pcs. $.033 per brick.

TOTAL: 1235 pcs. $.025 per brick. Not bad. I only carefully packed one of the small cups. The rest were just cramming stuff in and shaking them to fill the gaps. If I took my time I could have gotten the cost down more. But not a bad haul.
Happy to get tons of the 1x2x2 bricks for windows. The selection overall was a bit lackluster unless I wanted 2x4 or 2x6 bricks in lots of colors.

CITY Helicopter Rescue for $30 (50% off)
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Helicopter-Rescue-4429?fromListing=listing

Galaxy Squad Star Slicer for $20 (50% off)
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Star-Slicer-70703?fromListing=listing

Vampyre Hearse is sold out, but that is one phenomenal deal.

Chima's Razcal’s Glider isn't a phenomenal deal at 75% off? LOL Poor Chima theme.

Oh man, that's an awesome deal on the Helicopter Rescue. I only really care about the doctor minifig in that though. Doctor MiniDreamy.

YAY!

And just went through my PAB haul for this trip:

"Sort the cups!"

Cup 1:
White Chair- 116
Clear 1x2 plate- 45
Clear 1x1 plate- 109

270 pcs. $.029 per brick.

I hope those white chairs make their way to my LEGO store. I have a ton of red and brown ones.

I've never seen so many chairs in one spot before. Any plans for all that seating?

I've seen some use the chairs to make flowers. I can't find the better example I saw, but this gives you an idea.

I'm surprised that Chima is a top 5 LEGO brand with all these discounts that no one cares for. Maybe only a couple sets are selling.

My thoughts are the Speedorz aren't selling well and some sets. Other sets are probably selling OK. There are a few sets that are pretty cool. The TV show must be helping push some of their merchandise. Also, Chima has 3 fronts Regular building sets, Speedorz, and the Hero Factory type builds. In pure numbers, that's a lot of sets I think.

I actually really like the spider and scorpion Chima stuff. Oh yeah, and can't forget the Legend Beast stuff too. Those small ball joints are LEGO's big game changer.

I've never seen so many chairs in one spot before. Any plans for all that seating?

I hope those white chairs make their way to my LEGO store. I have a ton of red and brown ones.

I have a ton of red chairs that I used in my Brickmax Theater MOC last year. I plan on doing an even bigger theater at some point this year. And it never hurts to have tons of chairs.

I wish I had tons of brown chairs though.

neonglow

Target on eBay is getting in on the clearance game! I'm feeling broke after buying sets from each of these clearance runs.

Spider Cycle Chase $11
Fire Helicopter for $17
Cargo Truck for $21
Worriz Combat Lair for $26

Rootbeer

Banned
Click the link I posted(and fixed) above.

I'm not getting it. I'm buying an Xbox One next week and really shouldn't spend another $75 right now. :(
Yeah screw it... I have way too much on my plate as well :( Such a good price... but there is honest to goodness NOTHING else I want to order right now. And it'd just set in my backlog anyway.

More interested in the upcoming 2014 sets. I'll just bide my time.

I need to get my impulse buying under control -__-

My thoughts are the Speedorz aren't selling well and some sets. Other sets are probably selling OK. There are a few sets that are pretty cool. The TV show must be helping push some of their merchandise. Also, Chima has 3 fronts Regular building sets, Speedorz, and the Hero Factory type builds. In pure numbers, that's a lot of sets I think.

I actually really like the spider and scorpion Chima stuff. Oh yeah, and can't forget the Legend Beast stuff too. Those small ball joints are LEGO's big game changer.

It's funny but my thesis committee chair was telling me her son is addicted to Chima and won't stop talking about it. I think he's about 4 or 5.

Target on eBay is getting in on the clearance game! I'm feeling broke after buying sets from each of these clearance runs.

Spider Cycle Chase $11
Fire Helicopter for $17
Cargo Truck for $21
Worriz Combat Lair for $26

Spider Cycle Chase $11

Wut!?! Jump on that if you have a Red Card with free shipping and 5%!!! If I didn't have 2 of those, I'd grab another 1 or 2 at that price. With the Venom minifig available in a cheaper set Nick Fury is the only minifig of value.

I smell plastic bubble with all these stores doing online clearance prices around 50%!!!!!!!

EDIT: Worriz Combat Lair for $26 Whoa!!! 60+% off that one.

EDIT 2: Until this plastic bubble bursts, I need to hold off on some sets for awesome sales and clearances. I used to think 20-30% deals were really good.

neonglow

It's hard to wait for a 50% off sale because while waiting, some sets never manage to get there before disappearing for good. Great if you just want a random set, but not good if you're going after an entire theme.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's hard to wait for a 50% off sale because while waiting, some sets never manage to get there before disappearing for good. Great if you just want a random set, but not good if you're going after an entire theme.

Yeah it's too risky especially if a line or wave is near its End of Life. Lot of spectators out there these days, not to mention hoards of new LEGO fans in recent months. So even if a set does hit clearance, you have to be faster than before.

I notice LEGO deals go dead a lot faster than say late 2011/early 2012 when I started getting into it a lot more. And there's a ton more LEGO-themed posts on general toy boards such as 4chan's /toy/ where I rarely saw LEGO posts in the past. These days they can cap out two threads per day for the LEGO General discussions. Just one indicator of how hot the brand is these days.

Went to Downtown Disney this Saturday to get my MM. Used my discount picking up the following two sets*

D89DA1A5-F6DC-4CC4-8F1D-4DEC767B0BB2_zps3vruq4s5.jpg

*6" Stormtroopers not included.

I have to say, I'm stoked for the Mini figures in the Hulk Smash Lab, but even the Marvel fanboy in mehas to say I think I love the Joker Steam Roller more as a whole. Great mini figures, cool little vehicles, did I mention the awesome figs? Joker in his hat! Batgirl! Man.

Rootbeer

Banned
Went to Downtown Disney this Saturday to get my MM. Used my discount picking up the following two sets*

D89DA1A5-F6DC-4CC4-8F1D-4DEC767B0BB2_zps3vruq4s5.jpg

*6" Stormtroopers not included.

I have to say, I'm stoked for the Mini figures in the Hulk Smash Lab, but even the Marvel fanboy in mehas to say I think I love the Joker Steam Roller more as a whole. Great mini figures, cool little vehicles, did I mention the awesome figs? Joker in his hat! Batgirl! Man.
I need those wave three 6" black figs!

Put my Arctic Batman set together tonight.
Dang this won't end well for my wallet, already eyeing up what to buy after I finish my others(maybe buy the Batgirl se next)

The Batskiboat is a great design and a decent size.
As for the mini-figures, not a huge fan of Aquaman but its a good figure.
Arctic Batman though is awesome, always been a fan and it works great as a Lego figure.

Set seems like a good deal for $20

frogg609

I picked up these books:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Build--Book-Vol-Vehicles/dp/159327503X/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1393922048&sr=1-8&keywords=lego++car

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Build--Book-Vol-Vehicles/dp/1593275137/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1393922068&sr=1-7&keywords=lego++car

figuring I could pick up set 5867 on the cheap (it's the Creator set these books use).

Now I don't know if it's due to these books that that set is so expensive or what, but 60-80 dollars for 287 piece Creator set is ridiculous.

The sucky part is I'm having to maim some of my displayed sets to get the pieces I need to build these. Wish the creators of the book had used a more recent set.

Ryuuroden

Im going to be dead broke because I collect regular figures as well.

Should be fun though, been even longer than that 10 years since I was buying a large number of sets. Used to have a friend who had one of those tables made for Lego and we built so much stuff on that.
Im already wanting the Ghostbusters set whenever it releases.

You can do both,I do. It also helps you be more picky about figures you buy.

theaface

Hey fellow LEGO bros. Frequent lurker, infrequent poster in this thread.

Just wondering when we can expect the next custom build competition? I only just caught the tail end of the last one, and I think it's a fantastic idea and would love to take part when the next one rolls around.

Thanks.

Dang this won't end well for my wallet, already eyeing up what to buy after I finish my others(maybe buy the Batgirl se next)

Arctic Batman though is awesome, always been a fan and it works great as a Lego figure.

If you want one of the best deals for $20 or less:

6862_alt1.jpg

Fantastic build. Awesome mech. Not only do you get Lex Luthor, but it is the only set where you get comic book, pre New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman.

Order it and some other stuff from LEGO.com (or go to the LEGO store) before the end of the month (the sooner the better) and get the total order up to $75 or more so you can get this guy free:

5002126_alt1.jpg

BAM! Then all you will need is for them to release a Green Lantern figure to have a complete Justice League.

LEGO bro, the Sith Fury-class Interceptor is an amazing set and should not be missed. Trust me.

Seconded. That ship is tip top. It is one of the Star Wars sets that everyone who builds it winds up gushing about it. And with good reason.

Ponn

Banned

You know now that you have Mr. Freeze you have to get the Arkham Asylum set so you can put him in his specially designed cell. Just saying.

You know now that you have Mr. Freeze you have to get the Arkham Asylum set so you can put him in his specially designed cell. Just saying.

I almost went there in my post, lol. I figured easing him into it would help. But yeah, while we are at it, and since Ponn started it, you should buy this Razgriz:

10937_alt1.jpg

Fantastic set. One of Ghostmind's top 5 of last year. Not a top 5 for me, but definitely top 10.

And look at all those awesome criminals you get...

ruxtpin

Banned
Decisions... Order Palpatine's Arrest of S@H w/ another set to get a 2nd Martian Man... OR... Order a 2nd Dol Goldur and Black Gate at discount from Amazon (which would make much better parts packs for medieval building).

So....I went from not having bought a Lego set in many, many years(probably not having a new once since I was in grade school, I'm 25 now), so buying the Back to the Future set, The Simpsons House, the Arctic Batman, the Spidey Chase, the Hearse, Palpantine's arrest, the creator kit with the cabin and crystal mountain thing, Easter Bunny, Valentine's Bear, and Razcal’s glider.

I'm THIS close to buying Black Gate and Dol Guldur.

I hate you all.

I love you all

Top Bottom