• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

If I was better at doing MOCs (or just had time outside of my thesis) I'd love to do a Cussoo (I forget spelling) of Naked Gun :)

A Leslie Nielson figure alongside his police car and maybe an OJ Simpson as well. I don't know if it would even do good but I would love to see it.

On a more related note I put together High Speed Police chase and it is a very passable set. The only reason I would say it's worth it is if you need the bikes (which are nice in the new colors, & the silver chassis on the black bike). The figures are alright but the car is pretty lackluster.

I'm glad I got it on sale. I don't see it's $20 price point as a worthy price. Save your money.

I'm assuming that Naked Gun falls way outside of Lego's guidelines. Not just the controversy if having an OJ figure, I can't really see Lego producing a full-body condom minifig ;)

I'm speculating that they will make a keychain out of him. If you can call the LEGO store in the morning and see if they can hold it if they get any in stock. I don't think they'll run out of Martian Manhunter figs until late next week. If they do, order online since they tend to have a bigger stock of freebies.

Why not order Hulk set online? The Manhunter shows up in the cart when you hit $75. LEGO will send two separate packages free I'm pretty sure.

I want Farnsworth since it's likely disappearing soon. I just looked on the S@H site and speaking of keychains, I saw this:

I'm not at all interested in the steamroller set so this is awesome!

Kworn

Banned
My little selection of Legos on my work desk...

1979494_10152325497313688_1750898928_n.jpg

lol.

To be fair they do have the cool Transformers builds. I had to buy an Optimus Prime because Optimus Prime.

I did feel like I cheated on LEGO tho. So I'll need to hunt down LEGO pieces and rebuild him :)

Also, I have ~$178 of Legos in my Amazon cart. I want to order...but I know I shouldn't. But I get a bonus tomorrow. Grrrr :mad: Maybe I should trim? I have Battle of Black Gate, Dol Guldur, High Speed Police Chase, Mech Dragon, and Kai Fighter. All of which look awesome!

nny

I have the Mini Modulars and a Mini X-Wing (9677) on my work desk; I've added today the Creator Emerald Express.

So I have been building the Death Star. I had to order/ request 3 pieces from lego.com that were missing out of box 3. Those came in and I am ready to start box 4. Holy crap.... BOX 4 is insane! The whole box is full of part 7 bags. Great build, but this last box might take a while.

Via an established seller on Bricklink:

So, this is just a rumor at this point, I have no way of verifying it, however
someone very reliable from Denmark emailed me that there is going to be a re-release
of the UCS Millennium Falcon either at the end of 2014 or early 2015.

He wasn't sure if it was going to be exactly the same as the previous release
(I think that's unlikely, but you never know with LEGO) or a new design,
but it was going to be an UCS set similar to this: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10179-1

I thought this might be useful info for sellers who have been listing this set
and also buyers who would like the set but don't have thousands of dollars
to shell out for the discontinued model. Again, take this with a grain of salt
as I can't varify the info at this point, but it is something to keep in
mind.

I love this news, but I'm trying to put my head around this and the other rumor about a UCS Slave 1 coming out as well. So we have a Sandcrawler confirmed for this year, a rumor about a UCS Slave 1 coming in Sept and then this rumor about a redo of the UCS Falcon late this year or early next year. It just seems too much in a short amount of time. I don't remember Lego ever releasing this many UCS Star Wars sets in a year (or little over a year). What do you guys think?

If all is true though, this would be great news for me. My favorite theme is UCS Star Wars ships/vehicles/space stations.

jonnyrockets

Neo Member
I love this news, but I'm trying to put my head around this and the other rumor about a UCS Slave 1 coming out as well. So we have a Sandcrawler confirmed for this year, a rumor about a UCS Slave 1 coming in Sept and then this rumor about a redo of the UCS Falcon late this year or early next year. It just seems too much in a short amount of time. I don't remember Lego ever releasing this many UCS Star Wars sets in a year (or little over a year). What do you guys think?

If all is true though, this would be great news for me. My favorite theme is UCS Star Wars ships/vehicles/space stations.

Well - With the new Starwars movie incoming soon - they may be ramping up the amount of sets available for the onslaught of children and adults wanting all things starwars once it hits. ESPECIALLY if they're going with the Original trilogy - Showing ships like the slave , falcon, bwing, xwing etc... Giving fans what the fans want.

Fowler

So I have been building the Death Star. I had to order/ request 3 pieces from lego.com that were missing out of box 3. Those came in and I am ready to start box 4. Holy crap.... BOX 4 is insane! The whole box is full of part 7 bags. Great build, but this last box might take a while.

It is EPIC. I had so much fun with it. I built the last box in one night, was up for HOURS doing it :)

jonnyrockets

Neo Member
Oh wow-thank you for posting this!

Here's my standard PSA for Lasting Toys: Are you in the GTA?

I'm not sure about how they do it in the US, but TRU Canada has sales from Friday to Thursday each week. This one just kicked into effect yesterday.

With the BOGO 50% Toys R us thing I grabbed the Xwing and Arkham. I wish I would've grabbed more, but I convinced myself not to go into even more debt. Though I've spent lots of money since then.

Nope - I'm smack dab in the middle of Canada - Saskatchewan.

Anyway - I've quickly amassed quite the lego collection in a short period - I'll blame it on my obsessive personality, completionist personality and emotional buying. haha.

Got the SSD used off ebay, got the Imperial Shuttle used off ebay. Bought R2 new, the Xwing New - so those would be my UCS starwars sets. Oh - got a couple Bwings during that 50% off sale as well. Also got the Motorized AT-AT

You guys have been the catalyst for me spending more money. Even without participating - I'd lurk and then see how much you loved the QuinJet, or the Hive Crawler, or the Bug Obliterator . . . The 2 rancors for 1 Jabba Palace MOC for it to look right.

Learned about the Limited edition Technic set here - also have a bunch of other Technic sets.

Oy.

And it's all basically hidden at work. My wife would kill me.

Well, on the bright side, if she divorces me the Lawyers aren't going to ask for my lego stash inventory . . .

I hope.

Zerojul

Just wanted to share the fact that I managed to grab a 6869 QuinJet for 60€ in Paris, which is quite an achievement if the price I can see on the online european shops is any indication.
I'm very happy :)
Still looking for a 6866 Wolverine Chopper at a decent price to no avail...

Just wanted to share the fact that I managed to grab a 6869 QuinJet for 60€ in Paris, which is quite an achievement if the price I can see on the online european shops is any indication.

The Quinjet is one of my favorite builds of all time. The Millenium Falcon 7965 is up there too.

I want Farnsworth since it's likely disappearing soon. I just looked on the S@H site and speaking of keychains, I saw this:

I'm not at all interested in the steamroller set so this is awesome!

Farnsworth is nice, was my first Architecture piece. My favorite part strangely enough is the interior, where the living room is. Once I put the table and chairs in place, it felt like I was helping decorate my own home.

Batgirl keychain is cute.

The Quinjet is one of my favorite builds of all time. The Millenium Falcon 7965 is up there too.

mUQUe58.gif

Quinjet is best jet. Well, best plane they've made the last few years. I still need Aviation Adventures though.

Zerojul

Quinjet is best jet. Well, best plane they've made the last few years.

That's what I read everywhere, that's what I'm so glad I managed to get it below retail price :)

Having bought both recently, I have a hard time deciding which one to build next. I guess I'll let the missus decide after we finish the Simpson's house ;)

Quinjet build is what got me back into building LEGO actually. Bought it after I saw the Avengers of course and it was a blast to put together actually.

It's probably the one piece I won't ever dismantle if I had to make room, it's one of my favorites.

So I've received two seasonal catalogs in a row now that lack a 10% off coupon. Before, every catalog I received had the coupon.

Anyone else noticing this?

ghostmind

The exclusive minifig for the updated LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary has been revealed - it is retro-Luke from 1999.

h9IJ1Ex.jpg

I'm actually quite pleased with this, as I don't have any of the original yellow Star Wars minifigs.

The book will be available on May 4th.

Rootbeer

Banned
The exclusive minifig for the updated LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary has been revealed - it is retro-Luke.

h9IJ1Ex.jpg

I'm actually quite pleased with this, as I don't have any of the original yellow Star Wars minifigs.

The book will be available on May 4th.
I guess it's fine... at least it's not another medal-wearing minifig.

Got my book pre-ordered

Oy.

And it's all basically hidden at work. My wife would kill me.

Well, on the bright side, if she divorces me the Lawyers aren't going to ask for my lego stash inventory . . .

I hope.

Perhaps I can share my secrets of hiding. She's found a bunch I've hidden, but not all. :|
One secret is to have a HUGE pile of parts. Once dismantled she can't tell how many sets you have. :)

They probably noticed a trend of people not using them the last couple of times. Probably due to their non discount policy.

Or they noticed a huge demand despite no 10% coupon.

Doctor Who fans, this is good news. Such overwhelming positive response is sure to make LEGO consider a Doctor Who set. It's only been about 2 weeks and a Dr Who project already is #2 with > 7000 votes. Go vote!

The person did a good job making all the incarnations using existing moulds.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/16291

thumb640x360.png

thumb640x360.png

EDIT: Hmmm...not sure this proposal would get made reading the details, but doesn't hurt to push for any good Doctor Who project.

thumb640x360.png

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
They should do another mini modular set. The first one was very fun to put together. So many useful techniques.

They need one new set to make another 5-part mini set.

First Mini-Modular set covered:
Café Corner
Market Street
Green Grocer
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium

There's currently 4 other regular modulars out:
Pet Shop
Town Hall
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant

(I wouldn't mind if they made Haunted House the 5th set even though it's not part of the modular series)

jonnyrockets

Neo Member
Look at this use of some pieces! And the Planets!

12829969375_7ebb78ffbf_b.jpg

I don't know how to post a pic from Flikr that automatically links to the Flikr image . . . Which is how I find this stuff anyway. Help?

Need some advice, which arrangement is better? left or right?

Still work in progress, I'm going to pick up some black bristol board on the weekend to cover up the back.

Left shows how much space you have left, but the right is more aesthetically pleasing and still easy to move stuff around.

The right by far.

Darn you guys ;-) you've made me want to pick up the Quinjet and the Avengers figures

Get Quinjet while you still can. It is about two years old now, and was clearanced out at so many places. Getting it close to MSRP at this point is good. Getting it for less is even better.

And it is the only way so far to get a Black Widow figure.

Darn you guys ;-) you've made me want to pick up the Quinjet and the Avengers figures

We don't make anyone do anything here. We simply share information and give feedback on sets. Ever since the movie, we've see some new faces and some old faces that haven't been around for quite awhile.

There will be more Avengers in the future when the next movie comes out. The prints will most likely be different, but that's another option.

I am not surprise with new movies and TV show coming up. Also LEGO seems to be retiring set faster and faster.

Top Bottom