• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

gonna replace Benny's worn out logo with one with one without a faded logo...it's gonna just drive me up a wall. That Legoland space logo is such a classic

Was planning on getting Riddler Chase and Joker Steam roller sets so I can get Martian Manhunter, but with my luck my local store ran out of Riddler chase sets and online It's expected to ship later this month and it says within 30 days for Steam roller set. Blarghghhh

Quinjet bought for £70 from Argos. They were the only website selling them at RRP.

I just need to pick up mini figures for hawkeye, captain America and hulk. I might get the avenging cycle set for caps which will also give me 2 more Chitauri and their ships to see up a big battle with the Quinjet. £12 is the RRP but the cheapest I can see online is £20.ill hunt round the shops this weekend to see if anywhere is still selling it.

kapowza

built Metalbeard's Dual last night, the micro manager is cool but I didn't especially enjoy metalbeard himself. it reminded me a lot of the big Ninjago samurai mech, lots of fairly jaggy cheap-feeling parts (brickset describes the colour as W.Gold, these bits always feel like garbage to me, I don't know why) and pretty rubbish posability. Also there's a flag which doesn't stay up on it's own so I had to add a part myself to keep it in place. Poorsauce

This is compared to a couple of Galaxy Squad sets I did earlier in the week which were great.

Quinjet bought for £70 from Argos. They were the only website selling them at RRP.

I just need to pick up mini figures for hawkeye, captain America and hulk. I might get the avenging cycle set for caps which will also give me 2 more Chitauri and their ships to see up a big battle with the Quinjet. £12 is the RRP but the cheapest I can see online is £20.ill hunt round the shops this weekend to see if anywhere is still selling it.

If you have no interest in the sets I totally understand just getting the figs. For the Hulk one though it doesn't seem worth it in my opinion.

Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout is a really nice play set and features both Hawkeye and a big fig Hulk. I loved the set, personally...but I know others weren't crazy about it.

The new Hulk minifig explosion set is pretty tempting too.....there's also a Hawkeye polybag....

The first Cap set is pretty lame...
6865-1.jpg

Whereas the new one comes with a Red Skull which is pretty cool
76017-1.jpg

wetwired

I want Farnsworth since it's likely disappearing soon. I just looked on the S@H site and speaking of keychains, I saw this:

I'm not at all interested in the steamroller set so this is awesome!

My 4 year old daughter has been making "batgirl" with her lego minfig pieces for a few months now, I told her a while back that there was a real batgirl coming out. She's been so excited since I told her that she asks if it's out yet so she can get it. I ordered 2 last night off bricklink, I've yet to tell her it's coming.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So which Modular goes out of print first? Town Hall or Grand Emporium? Trying to time purchases right.

The order of release:

Market Street - Cafe Corner - Green Grocer - Fire Hall - Grand Emporium - Pet Shop - Town Hall - Cinema - Parisian Restaurant

Ironmask

I'm really glad they are releasing more Simpsons stuff.

$104 for MechDragon and Quinjet at Target with their 40% off deal. Good deal?

Quinjet is so good it hurts, you'll never want to break it apart and put it back in the box.

also today i've received two packages..... Happy Birthday to me!!!

2014-03-07_16.40.38.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Any last roster theories? Really hope we get an Itchy & Scratchy.

Really interested to see what comes out. I'm not a huge fan of how those figures look, but I'm willing to be won over. The "eyes open" Homer looks a lot better, so I might pick him up. As for who's going to be included, Milhouse would seem to be a given. As much as I want Hank Scorpio in there I don't think that'll happen. Also they could hold back characters like Burns or Apu for future sets.

ghostmind

I'm really glad they are releasing more Simpsons stuff.

Only the CMF series for now, but I hope they follow it up in 2015 with more actual sets.

RichardAM said:
Any last roster theories? Really hope we get an Itchy & Scratchy.

My guesses:

Homer with Donut and Remote (This one is easy - HA HA)
Ned Flanders with Leftorium Coffee Mug and Generic Holy Book
Grandpa Simpson with Belt with an Onion on It and Cloud to Yell At
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon with Squishee Cup and High-Powered Rifle
Mr. Burns with Monkey Vest and Dog with Bees Shooting Out of Mouth
Mr. Smithers with Malibu Stacy and Cake with Mr. Burns Popping Out
Millhouse with Bonestorm game and Radioactiveman Comic
Itchy & Scratchy with Axe and Chainsaw and Photo of Poochie
Bart Simpson with Santa's Little Helper and Slingshot
Lisa Simpson with Snowball II and Saxamaphone
Principal Skinner with Steamed Hams and Telescope
Barney Gumble with Duff Beer and Plow King Crown
Nelson Muntz with Ralph's Lunch Money
Police Chief Wiggum with Revolver and Ball-Gag
Ralph Wiggum with Valentine's Day Card and Jar of Paste
Sideshow Bob with Rake and "Die Bart Die" Note

If you have no interest in the sets I totally understand just getting the figs. For the Hulk one though it doesn't seem worth it in my opinion.

Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout is a really nice play set and features both Hawkeye and a big fig Hulk. I loved the set, personally...but I know others weren't crazy about it.

The new Hulk minifig explosion set is pretty tempting too.....there's also a Hawkeye polybag....

The first Cap set is pretty lame...
6865-1.jpg

Whereas the new one comes with a Red Skull which is pretty cool
76017-1.jpg

I thought about the helicarrier breakout but I don't need another marvel plane plus the set doesn't interest me that much.

I'm hoping with the release of the new set that Hulks price will drop on bricklink.

I'll try and find the hawkeye poly bag cheap. Thanks.

I want the first Caps bike set as I want that figure for the Avengers line up. The red skull tank does look cool though.

Wow! It's a rare sighting of the mythical beast - the Mars Kitty Cat Rover!

Stuff of nightmares.

At only $20, that Red Skull tank is looking like it's trying to be the Marvel version of the Luthor power armor set.

I compare more to the Wolverine Chopper Showdown. Both sets are all about the minifigs with a nice vehicle. The power armor stands on it's own and could have been a set by itself if you made the cockpit a head.

Quinjet is so good it hurts, you'll never want to break it apart and put it back in the box.

also today i've received two packages..... Happy Birthday to me!!!

2014-03-07_16.40.38.jpg

Happy LEGO day to you!

You must be in Europe to get the Rapunzel polybag.

To those in the US, Walmart is the retail store carrying that polybag. Reports of people finding them are showing up. Many are finding them in the Easter aisle.

You guys think the new Batcave is worth the 70 bucks it's going for? It puts me right at the door steps of getting Martian Manhunter. I was planning on getting Joker steamroller and Riddler chase but since those sets just came out they should be available for a while. I'm just worried that there will be a better Bat Cave released in the near future

Falch

Ordered four Star Wars microfighters, should arrive tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me what the distribution is of the box of 30 of The Lego Movie minifigs? I can't find it anywhere, and I'd like to know before I order it.

You guys think the new Batcave is worth the 70 bucks it's going for? It puts me right at the door steps of getting Martian Manhunter. I was planning on getting Joker steamroller and Riddler chase but since those sets just came out they should be available for a while. I'm just worried that there will be a better Bat Cave released in the near future

You know they will rehash the Bat Cave again if the Super Hero line goes on for another 5+ years. Question is do you like the current Bat Cave? Poison Ivy and Bane are the only other reasons to get it. I think you get the same Poison Ivy in the Arkham set.
I got the Batcave, but only on discount. The drill vehicle is pretty cool.

Ordered four Star Wars microfighters, should arrive tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me what the distribution is of the box of 30 of The Lego Movie minifigs? I can't find it anywhere, and I'd like to know before I order it.

Just divide the 60 distribution by 2. This is why the distributions are now even numbers. White Fang on eurobricks always has the review of CMFs and distribution.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88428

rallaren

Just as a set the bruce/bat transformation feature looks worth it alone but I don't have the set.

Dragoshi1

Got the Hero Factory Flyer Beast set, definitely reminds me of the good ol' days with Bionicle's many creature sets.

And what's this I hear about a Target sale?

mrkgoo

Wow! It's a rare sighting of the mythical beast - the Mars Kitty Cat Rover!

Lol!

Incidentally I picked up the furry creatures set on recommendation from people here when I was itching for a new set.

I don't like it a crazy lot. :(

Guess I'll stick to my vehicles.

Funny enough, I bought that set and actually have just the jet built (my other MOC Hawkeye minifig is piloting it while BW is in the Quinjet) and I thought it was worth it for the Hulk figure.

Will see the new Hawkeye poly but again, if doesn't look like my MOC version then eh... I don't want to have to hunt down another tennis player minifig for the hair. Hunted down 2 of them to MOC both Hawkeye minifigs I have.

Palace Cinema on the way along with my free Martian Manhunter.

I had a huge, $500+ order and then realized that next month is double VIP so I decided to wait. In the meantime, I may try and snipe some of the cheaper Marvel and DC sets from local stores this weekend.

neonglow

Palace Cinema on the way along with my free Martian Manhunter.

I had a huge, $500+ order and then realized that next month is double VIP so I decided to wait. In the meantime, I may try and snipe some of the cheaper Marvel and DC sets from local stores this weekend.

Palace Cinema will be mine next month with double VIP. I'm debating whether to get VW Van too since that might go away this year.

Speaking of poly bags, I bought the Batman Tumbler one at Target last week and put it together at work. It rolls really nice, I like to slide it back and forth on my desk as a sort of stress reliever.

Yes I am 31 years old.

Speaking of poly bags, I bought the Batman Tumbler one at Target last week and put it together at work. It rolls really nice, I like to slide it back and forth on my desk as a sort of stress reliever.

Yes I am 31 years old.

I'd wager a good portion of the regular crowd here is over 30.

neonglow

Yes I am 31 years old.

You should get last year's Batmobile off eBay. It complements the Tumbler.

30161-1.jpg

This LEGO City Coin Bank looks great. I'm gonna add it to my next online order.

40110-1.jpg

Yes I am 31 years old.

No sympathy from me! I've got 7 years on you and am taking my grown up wife out for a 10th anniversary dinner tonight.

The trick is hiding your addiction and pushing it deep down so nobody ever sees it again. What did I secretly do today?

All you young Lego whipper snappers. Back in my day Minifigs only smiled and had yellow faces.

My wife thinks I'm nuts and not actually 40 with all the Lego stuff I've bought recently.

Top Bottom