• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

The Reverend Thunderwings performing a rain prayer ceremony with his two young apprentices who do not quite grasp the mechanics of this elusive ritual just yet...

iwJRtmQ.jpg

God i love these Mixels already, i really do!

You know... if they DO remake the UCS Falcon, they need to go for 6,000 pieces and take back the #1 spot...

I like the way you think.

My favorite thing about the Sandcrawler? That new box design, weirdly. Mix of classic and modern.

Agreed. And the new badge for UCS is good as well. Maybe a repackaging of Best Star and slapping that on there?

The Reverend Thunderwings performing a rain prayer ceremony with his two young apprentices who do not quite grasp the mechanics of this elusive ritual just yet...

iwJRtmQ.jpg

Love it. Raise the roof!

God i love these Mixels already, i really do!

ghostmind

A note from LEGO on the new UCS label:

The decision has been made to change the packaging for future “LEGO® exclusive” Star Wars™ sets to include the UCS seal and de-link from the core Star Wars packaging. In addition to the packaging change an update has been made to the building instructions. The building instructions will have additional pages detailing the model’s connection to the movie and its development process. Much as the Creator Expert badge differentiates the larger models from the core assortment the goal of this change is to better communicate to builders that these sets represent our biggest building challenge in the LEGO® Star Wars™ theme.

I think by this new criteria, the Ewok Village would then also be a UCS set.

ghostmind

From Amazon UK:

Woo-hoo! It's The Simpsons! The LEGO Minifigures series continues with this great collection of 16 of your favorite characters from TV's longest-running comedy. There's Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie Simpson, as well as Grampa, Ned Flanders, Ralph Wiggum, Nelson Muntz, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum, Krusty the Clown, Itchy & Scratchy, Mr. Burns and Milhouse. Each The Simpsons minifigure comes in a sealed 'mystery' bag with its own special accessories, display plate and collector's leaflet. Buy a bag, open it up and see which one you get!

1. Homer
2. Marge
3. Bart
4. Lisa
5. Maggie
6. Ned
7. Grampa
8. Ralph
9. Nelson
10. Apu
11. Chief Wiggum
12. Krusty
13. Itchy
14. Scratchy
15. Mr Burns
16. Milhouse

Zerojul

From Amazon UK:

1. Homer
2. Marge
3. Bart
4. Lisa
5. Maggie
6. Ned
7. Grampa
8. Ralph
9. Nelson
10. Apu
11. Chief Wiggum
12. Krusty
13. Itchy
14. Scratchy
15. Mr Burns
16. Milhouse

Very happy that Apu is in as well as Krusty.
Very disappointed that Itchy & Scratchy are not a set, that Sideshow Bob is out, and that there's no Smithers to pair with Mr Burns
for ridiculously obscene scenes

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I hope Itchy and Scratchy are common, if not ill be skipping the series and off to Bricklink.

Im more interested in seeing the items any of them will have and any colour variations too. Some new printed tiles are all but guaranteed if past waves are anything to go by.

ghostmind

The printed donut and tv remote that comes with Homer is a great start - I am also hoping for great accessories for the other characters that could be used with other themes or in MOCs.

Awwwww, no Smithers.

If the lineup sells like crazy (which the Simpsons House is), then maybe we'll see more?

I'd pay a lot of money for a Park Ranger from the Mountains of Madness episode.

I would MOC up a chairlift that would give my figs an eagle eye view of the area beneath the chairlift.

These are few set ideas that I think would sell great and go well with the Simpsons house:

Kwik-E-Mart
Lard Lad
Moe's Tavern
Krusty Burger
The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop
The Frying Dutchman
Springfield Elementary
KBBL Radio Station
Springfield Retirement Castle
City Hall
Courthouse
Try N Save

Zerojul

If the lineup sells like crazy (which the Simpsons House is), then maybe we'll see more?

Well I hope you're right, there are too many interesting characters to wrap it up with a 16 minifigs series, moreso when 6 of them are ones that already come with the house (granted most of them need a "opened eyes" version).

These are few set ideas that I think would sell great and go well with the Simpsons house:

Kwik-E-Mart
Moe's Tavern

I really hope we see at least those two !!!

sharbhund

Well I hope you're right, there are too many interesting characters to wrap it up with a 16 minifigs series, moreso when 6 of them are ones that already come with the house (granted most of them need a "opened eyes" version).

I really hope we see at least those two !!!

LEGO has already gone on record that they won't make a Moe's Tavern:

For Simpsons fans thinking you might eventually see Moe’s Tavern or the Nuclear Power Plant where Homer works, Ashton pretty much says it will never happen. His exact quote was, “we try to avoid anything alcohol-related within our products, especially targeting kids. I’m very dubious that that would happen.”

Ryuuroden

Good stuff on the Sandcrawler, I just read up the last few days. I got back to building after a couple day break and have started my LotR and Hobbit sets such as 2x Black Gate and Rivendell and now am on the 3rd floor of unrelated set, Haunted House.

Edit: OMG im no longer Junior :)

ghostmind

Ok that explains Moe's Tavern but why would that count out the power plant?

Yeah, that quote doesn't make a lot of sense. I think we could easily see a "Homer at his station" set from the plant (with Lenny & Carl), but I don't think we will ever get Moe, Barney or Duffman.

Rootbeer

Banned
pretty happy with how the Simpsons series panned out, curious about the mystery bag of accessories. Sounds like the figures come with a bit more accessories than CMF usually do?

Please don't let this be the only series of Simpsons they make. So many great characters that need to be realized.

ghostmind

pretty happy with how the Simpsons series panned out, curious about the mystery bag of accessories. Sounds like the figures come with a bit more accessories than CMF usually do?

Please don't let this be the only series of Simpsons they make. So many great characters that need to be realized.

I think the "mystery bag" was just an awkward way of stating the blind-bag that all CMF series have been sold in.

Ponn

Banned
Can't even find the Lego trading thread but just seeing if anyone in US got an extra MM mini fig they would want to trade for my extra set of Mouth of Sauron and King Aragorn figs from the Black Gate set.

One of the Wal-mart finally have these spring polybags. Walmart also have Friends flower shop stand beside the cupcake stand.

I don't know if that is all there is for this year Easter but last year was much more impressive, with LOTR, Batman, Galaxy Squad, Star Wars, CITY polybags. I am hoping that these are just the "girls" one and more is coming. That said I have yet to find Bat-tumbler at any of the Targets around me. If anyone here with Bat-tumber and want to trade for Tangled / Rapunzel bag please send me PM.

rsovc64l.jpg

Oh, the Sandcrawler is much better than I expected ... and I really need to put money away for that.

I love the new box design and now that Disney own Star Wars, they no longer have to stick to just stupid Lucas "unified" yearly packaging design. I know some like that they can tell what year the toys are from but I personally find they are all hideous looking and not to mention the fact that there is no personality between LEGO packaging and cheap candy licensed toys. The new packaging also allow the UCS to hang around longer and don't look so dated I am sure.

The village raid set is gone and about £90on eBay it seems but the joust tournament is available on a few sites in the UK.

I dont check often due to heartbreak but it's worse in the US as well I think.

It sucks because the Kingdoms line is what I always wanted as a kid. I was huge into medieval culture and living (not just dragons and whatnot) and wanted living spaces more than just fighters. oh well :(

Ryuuroden

dont post Kingdoms sets please... it hurts me too much for missing them :(

I know what you mean. It's even worse for me who had every chance to get those sets and came so close at times. My first Christmas back in the fold I found a bunch of kingdom sets on clearance at walmart for up to 70% off and I decided not to buy them. My pay back then was also a quarter what it is now but still.

Rootbeer

Banned
dont post Kingdoms sets please... it hurts me too much for missing them :(

I don't have either of those sets and I wish that I did, they are great. But Medieval has always been one of their staple themes, I'm not worried. More will be on the market before we know it. Especially once Hobbit runs its course. They'll need something in that bracket to replace it.

I have a lot of the current Castle stuff but not the biggest fan of the color schemes they went with. So much blue and red on the buildings.

Draxal

I don't have either of those sets and I wish that I did, they are great. But Medieval has always been one of their staple themes, I'm not worried. More will be on the market before we know it. Especially once Hobbit runs its course. They'll need something in that bracket to replace it.

I have a lot of the current Castle stuff but not the biggest fan of the color schemes they went with. So much blue and red on the buildings.

Kingdoms was a great line, the only problem that they had was the color control on the red and white for the lion kingdom tabards/shirts. It bled and became pink alot.

neonglow

... what? again? I still have not received a single coupon from those fuckers after signing up.

It was the same way with me so I didn't renew after my year was up. I think it was because I signed for it online and that somehow screwed something that no one at BN was able to fix.

Rootbeer

Banned
It was the same way with me so I didn't renew after my year was up. I think it was because I signed for it online and that somehow screwed something that no one at BN was able to fix.

I signed up in-store. I was buying Game of Thrones action figures and they sold me on it. I'd heard about the coupons which was the main reason I did it. They won't be getting another penny out of me if I don't start getting them soon ;)

ghostmind

Galaxy Squad seems to now be retired from all LEGO regions, except North America. I wonder how long the stock will keep it around here?

neonglow

Galaxy Squad seems to now be retired from all LEGO regions, except North America. I wonder how long the stock will keep it around here?

It was a poor seller but at least it got a second wave. I'm glad it's over with since Ultra Agents took it's place and those sets look good.

Top Bottom