• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

neonglow

Hope you all got it if you wanted. If not, I suspect the popularity will have this made into keychains much like the minifig Hulk.

http://www.fbtb.net/2014/03/11/martian-manhunter-no-more/

"Due to overwhelming demand, the LEGO Shop Martian Manhunter promotion has been ended early for both the US and Canada."

He's still getting added to your cart on the online shop. I'd say if you've procrastinated, it's best to do it right now.

Edit: Reading a couple sites, it looks like LEGO will email you later saying they don't have anymore.

Holy cow, didn't even make it through the middway point of the month, I knew it'd be popular but not THAT popular. Now you know what you must do Lego.

I should have gotten another one...alas. I'm happy I got one, he's sitting on my desk right now.

I think it's also due to so many good LEGO sets currently out. That with the clearance sales they had too.

Out of MM already? Jesus. Guess I won't be making any of the purchases I was planning at the Lego store this weekend and will wait for Amazon or Walmart sales.

I was at the LEGO store at Downtown Disney and they has some MM's left. I will stop by another LEGO store this afternoon and check on their inventory. Won't hurt to to call LEGO store just in case.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The original tape on the box tabs was pristine, uncut, and there was no evidence that it had been pulled away from the cardboard. It is completely possible to pull up the tape without ripping the cardboard because I have done it before and the tape was completely reusable. This seems to be what happened here.

That is very unnerving! I believe in karma and it will get them in the end. If Lego still has the figures in stock, then you have a good chance of getting replacements. Good luck!

He's still getting added to your cart on the online shop. I'd say if you've procrastinated, it's best to do it right now.

I still see it being added as well. What's the chance of Lego not shipping it and saying it's out of stock even though it shows up in your cart?

I'm so glad I got on board early for the MM minifig! I almost waited until next week to order Palace Cinema because it's closer to my birthday.

I think it's also due to so many good LEGO sets currently out. That with the clearance sales they had too.

I was at the LEGO store at Downtown Disney and they has some MM's left. I will stop by another LEGO store this afternoon and check on their inventory. Won't hurt to to call LEGO store just in case.

Tis true and imagine how good it'll be later this year.

I got the MM when I bought the Simpsons set a few weeks ago, didn't even know I was supposed to get one.

Then another shipped with my order when I order from all those deals last week. I guess I'll keep it unopened and enjoy its value.

Edit: Is GS Star Slicer fun/worth $20?

Phew, just received my S@H Jedi Defender order today and my Martian Manhunter was safely packed along with it. Glad I was able to get one.

Does this make MM and Hulk the rarest promo figs outside of the Comicon releases?

Edit: Looks like Manhunters are going for $15 shipped in eBay BIN listings. But that price is sure to inflate once those listings are bought up. So act fast if you really wanted this minifig.

Phew, just received my S@H Jedi Defender order today and my Martian Manhunter was safely packed along with it. Glad I was able to get one.

Does this make MM and Hulk the rarest promo figs outside of the Comicon releases?

Edit: Looks like Manhunters are going for $15 shipped in eBay BIN listings. But that price is sure to inflate once those listings are bought up. So act fast if you really wanted this minifig.

I thought Hulk is packed in the breakout lab set?

Edit: Oh shit...its a discontinued product. nvm

Is it weird that I have no idea who Martian Manhunter is?

If you are or were a comic book geek like myself, then it's easy to not know him. He was one of the main characters in the Justice League cartoon so some know him from that. He's always been a key character in the DC universe, but never an A-list like Superman, Batman, or Wonder-Woman. He's like B or C ish.

That is very unnerving! I believe in karma and it will get them in the end. If Lego still has the figures in stock, then you have a good chance of getting replacements. Good luck!

I still see it being added as well. What's the chance of Lego not shipping it and saying it's out of stock even though it shows up in your cart?

Just got back from another LEGO store. They have a bunch still. I doubt they will after the weekend if not sooner. Stores run out of the freebies like this around the 2nd week. This leads me to believe it's people just buying sets and wanting the free shipping (more than wanting the MM). Of course who doesn't want a free minifig with free shipping? S@H usually has stock longer than physical store from my experience.

I heard there are no more The LEGO Movie CMF boxes left to send to the LEGO stores. S@H currently shows as 'Sold Out' in U.S. If this is true, the only other place to get these are at regular retail stores. Who knows how they handle their inventory. I just saw TRU had the series 11 CMFs just a few weeks ago (not anymore last I checked).

Oh, there is always Amazon.fr or places that sell them by the box. Who was buying a 30 count box here? Where did you buy it from?

I thought Hulk is packed in the breakout lab set?

Edit: Oh shit...its a discontinued product. nvm

I'm referring to the minifigure Hulk.
5000022-1.jpg

Ryuuroden

I heard there are no more The LEGO Movie CMF boxes left to send to the LEGO stores. S@H currently shows as 'Sold Out' in U.S. If this is true, the only other place to get these are at regular retail stores. Who knows how they handle their inventory. I just saw TRU had the series 11 CMFs just a few weeks ago (not anymore last I checked).

Oh, there is always Amazon.fr or places that sell them by the box. Who was buying a 30 count box here? Where did you buy it from?

Well fuck, I guess I better find some asap.

ruxtpin

Banned
Something tells me Lego has to make more. I would think the movie sets and figures are appealing to kids who saw the movie, so they (or their parents) are snatching them up. If Lego has such a hot seller, it doesn't make much business sense to stop making them while they're selling so well. My two cents tho - I could be wrong.

I got TACO TUESDAY guy so I'm not worried about this but darn, I bet they wish they made a movie sooner.

N.Domixis

Banned

I was lucky enough to find an untampered fully stocked box at walgreens. Picked up all sixteen. I would Check walgreens, kids don't usually like going there.

My gf always thought I was crazy getting promo mini figs on day one. Shiiiiet, glad I got me a MM. I'll be doing the same on May4th or whenever the promo starts up for the US.

Finished disassembling sets and putting them into the collective. Now it is time to take down permanent display sets and box them up before moving and reassembling them later.

Guess the set:

Ponn

Banned
We're barely a third of the way through the month.

Come on, Lego. I wasn't able to get him :(

I feel you bro, hug it out.

Now i gotta pay after market or find trade for my extra figs. Good news is im definitely going for second Black Gate set and Alien Tripod. Also hunting for Captain America Hydra set.

Rootbeer

Banned
Whats so great about him? I see him on ebay for cheap prices.

Probably won't stay that cheap for long... $20 easily, i don't follow minifig prices close though, maybe a lot higher.

It's only a desirable fig if you are into DC Comics, otherwise if I missed out on it (I didn't! Whoohoo!) I'd not care one bit. I mean just look at it... it's just a standard head/body/legs with a cape. The paint is nice and all but it's more for Justice League fans.

Still... it's only the 11th... I hope this is not a new trend. LEGO needs to plan better so supply can last into the third week at the least.

Movie CMF news is concerning too. I plan on swooping in and getting all my Simpsons CMFs the first week, waste no time. Suggest you all do the same!

R-User!

I just ran into an article on groovebricks talking about a rumored UCS Tumbler Batmobile... Did I miss it or was that discussed here during late Feb?

Either way, I would love it if they released a UCS Tumbler this year! I would be willing to pay up to $300 for it!

I just ran into an article on groovebricks talking about a rumored UCS Tumbler Batmobile... Did I miss it or was that discussed here during late Feb?

Either way, I would love it if they released a UCS Tumbler this year! I would be willing to pay up to $300 for it!

I dunno. The description for Sand Crawler stated that UCS is a Star Wars thing, which it has mostly been so far. Batman is of course the exception, but it would be strange to have another set out after saying that.

You and me both

I hate the look of the Tumbler, and really wished they'd come out with another Burtonesque Batmobile instead (or really ANY other type of Batmobile) but alas, were this to become reality i'd probably buy it regardless as i am too big of a Batman fan not to :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Forget the tumbler, it's yesterday's news! How about the Arkham Knight batmobile? It's a good compromise between the tumbler and the burton batmobile, IMO.

I can't see them doing a UCS on something this new and unknown, but it's looks really rad to me.

Forget the tumbler, it's yesterday's news! How about the Arkham Knight batmobile? It's a good compromise between the tumbler and the burton batmobile, IMO.

I can't see them doing a UCS on something this new and unknown, but it's looks really rad to me.

sign me up for it! better than the Tumbler anyday!

Rootbeer

Banned
I will be 4 days in Miami starting today, any chances of finding the new Marvel sets at the LEGO store there?

I think they tend to get new stock in on Tuesdays so if you go today, you should be able to find some. But LEGO have been flying off shelves in the wake of the movie, I wouldn't say it is a guarantee. The Hulk set seems to sell really well.

Top Bottom