• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I think they tend to get new stock in on Tuesdays so if you go today, you should be able to find some. But LEGO have been flying off shelves in the wake of the movie, I wouldn't say it is a guarantee. The Hulk set seems to sell really well.

Cool, I am going to try to get some well priced sets since here in Canada they are way more expensive.

kapowza

the movie minifig bags seem to be getting scarce, at least in 'normal' shops like W H Smiths and Tescos and whatnot. Better get that President Business as soon as I can :)

I found Mines of Moria on clearance. I already have the main figures but at half the retail price it's hard to say no. I'm just a bit annoyed that I didn't wait to get Helm now as well, I could have gotten both for what I paid for Helm alone.

Now, I hope I can bring it as carry-on luggage on my flight.

The Kmart in my town is a weird place. Sometimes they take forever to get the new sets in-stock and other times they'll be packed to the brim. This time they actually have polybags and an unopened box of Mixels, which I was happy to take off their hands. At least the red ones anyway.

ruxtpin

Banned
Went by my local Lego store since they still had some MM. Bought a damaged box Jedi Defender ship to get a second MM. Now I gotta' refrain from any more purchases until double-points.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I heard there are no more The LEGO Movie CMF boxes left to send to the LEGO stores. S@H currently shows as 'Sold Out' in U.S. If this is true, the only other place to get these are at regular retail stores. Who knows how they handle their inventory. I just saw TRU had the series 11 CMFs just a few weeks ago (not anymore last I checked).

Oh, there is always Amazon.fr or places that sell them by the box. Who was buying a 30 count box here? Where did you buy it from?

That is crazy considering I never even saw them in my stores.

That is crazy considering I never even saw them in my stores.

I have no idea how it works with non-LEGO owned retail stores. I assume retail stores place their orders in and LEGO fills them. Perhaps, LEGO has a bunch still in stock, but are all allocated to non-LEGO owned retail stores. *shrug*

Toys R Us is a perfect example as they have lots of sets OOP and must stockpile LEGO in their own warehouses. I'm sure retail stores will continue to get some more for a little longer, but I'm sure they will disappear as quickly as they are put on the shelves.

Decided to pull a set out if my backlog stash last night and went with Jek-14's Stealth StarFighter (# 75018). Really fun build and the ship looks great. Not mention excellent Minifigures. If you're into Star Wars sets and haven't picked this one up, I recommend it. But the price is high ($69.99) for the piece count (550). Hopefully it will go on sale soon as the second wave of 2014 sets draws closer and retailers want to clear out 2013 sets.

wn4JfGU.jpg

I took all the Lego out for my girls to play with, completely unrestricted, while my wife and I sort and figure out what we need to rebuild.

They've been playing with them for 2 days straight. Interestingly, the first thing the did was seek out every female minifig and left all the boys alone. The ladies run Lego City at my house.

Interviewed at the Glendale Lego store today! I think it went well, the manager said she'd let me know by Saturday if I got it and that things looked good. I didn't buy anything while there because I didn't want to be an asshole but I dropped by Toys R Us in Burbank on the way home and found that they're having a Buy One, Gets One 50% Off deal on all City, Ninjago, Friends, and Duplo sets. I got myself the little red Ninjago mech, and the Lego City Octan race car.

They have three of the Monster Hunter trains there for $99. I'm so fucking tempted but I really don't have the money to justify it right now ;____;

Interviewed at the Glendale Lego store today! I think it went well, the manager said she'd let me know by Saturday if I got it and that things looked good. I didn't buy anything while there because I didn't want to be an asshole but I dropped by Toys R Us in Burbank on the way home and found that they're having a Buy One, Gets One 50% Off deal on all City, Ninjago, Friends, and Duplo sets. I got myself the little red Ninjago mech, and the Lego City Octan race car.

2nd Best set of 2013 for me... so much value for the money

2nd Best set of 2013 for me... so much value for the money

SERIOUSLY!!!

I just built it, this thing is AWESOME. 109 pieces and 2 minifigs for $10? Fuck yes, I want to buy another one. I actually want to get a parts list together and order all the pieces individually but in other colors like black and silver or black and blue instead of just black and red. It is such a badass little mech!!

Edit: Amazon has them for $8! Anyone who doesn't have this set would be a fool not to buy it. It's so badass.

Me and my stupid LEGO clone minifig fixation. Same company that make the Scooby Doo ones. It's based in UK and those stupid blind packs are almost as scarce as the Mega Blok Smurf blind packs here in the U.S. TRU is the only chain that has them and I've only ever seen 2 boxes of the blind packs. One empty and one someone swiped all the good rare ones which are the main characters.

Looks like they have Loony Tunes now.

Vyer

SERIOUSLY!!!

I just built it, this thing is AWESOME. 109 pieces and 2 minifigs for $10? Fuck yes, I want to buy another one. I actually want to get a parts list together and order all the pieces individually but in other colors like black and silver or black and blue instead of just black and red. It is such a badass little mech!!

Edit: Amazon has them for $8! Anyone who doesn't have this set would be a fool not to buy it. It's so badass.

Yeah it's a cool set. There's another smallish mech in the newer Ninjago stuff that's pretty nice as well.

Ponn

Banned
Me and my stupid LEGO clone minifig fixation. Same company that make the Scooby Doo ones. It's based in UK and those stupid blind packs are almost as scarce as the Mega Blok Smurf blind packs here in the U.S. TRU is the only chain that has them and I've only ever seen 2 boxes of the blind packs. One empty and one someone swiped all the good rare ones which are the main characters.

Looks like they have Loony Toons now.

They all look evilly demented.

Those are some freaky looking Looney Toons...

Walked passed the Architecture LEGO while at Barnes & Noble today and had the urge to get the Guggenheim but decided against it this time. Despite the design, I'm strangely fond of it.

Perhaps next time...

Snaku

Banned
I was lucky enough to find an untampered fully stocked box at walgreens. Picked up all sixteen. I would Check walgreens, kids don't usually like going there.

Thanks for the tip, stopped by the Walgreens next to my work after my shift. They had a completely full box, so I just grabbed six at random. Got Wild West Wyldestyle, Taco Tuesday Guy, Marsha Queen of the Mermaids, Mrs. Scratchen-Post Cat Lady, Calamity Drone, and William Shakespeare. Glad I didn't get any dupes.

Finally took apart Winter Village Cottage tonight and boxed it up until the next holiday season. Just going to leave the truck and the igloo out of it next time and just build the cottage and logging hut.

Taking apart sets does give me a better appreciation for them. Some sets I appreciate more as they come down, but others actually take a step back when trying to take them apart, as I get a better idea of stability and techniques when going in reverse.

UCS B-Wing and Unexpected Gathering raised in esteem when I took them down. Winter Village Cottage took a few steps back. Just so flimsy with all the 1x2 and 1x2 bricks everywhere. It is still a great set and wonderful to display though.

Ponn

Banned
Finally took apart Winter Village Cottage tonight and boxed it up until the next holiday season. Just going to leave the truck and the igloo out of it next time and just build the cottage and logging hut.

Taking apart sets does give me a better appreciation for them. Some sets I appreciate more as they come down, but others actually take a step back when trying to take them apart, as I get a better idea of stability and techniques when going in reverse.

UCS B-Wing and Unexpected Gathering raised in esteem when I took them down. Winter Village Cottage took a few steps back. Just so flimsy with all the 1x2 and 1x2 bricks everywhere. It is still a great set and wonderful to display though.

As much as I like Vampyres Castle just breathing on it would cause a wall to fall off. Arkham Asylum though has become my cats new bedding area and surprisingly only the gargoyles need to be replaced once in awhile.

As much as I like Vampyres Castle just breathing on it would cause a wall to fall off. Arkham Asylum though has become my cats new bedding area and surprisingly only the gargoyles need to be replaced once in awhile.

Yeah, Vampyre Castle was fragile in places, but a few parts were solid. Arkham was a beast though. Very sturdy.

Amazon has the Monster Hunter train for $89... damn it damn it damn it!

I really REALLY like the Monster Hunter sets. I don't own a single one, though. And they're all discontinued now, right? Maybe.. maybe if I do land the job at Lego I'll treat myself to the train. Though I did want to save up for double VIP points next month and get Metalbeard's ship...

Fuck.

neonglow

I really REALLY like the Monster Hunter sets. I don't own a single one, though. And they're all discontinued now, right? Maybe.. maybe if I do land the job at Lego I'll treat myself to the train. Though I did want to save up for double VIP points next month and get Metalbeard's ship...

Fuck.

What do you like about the train? It wasn't too popular since it doesn't confirm to other train sets and won't fit on tracks as is.

What do you like about the train? It wasn't too popular since it doesn't confirm to other train sets and won't fit on tracks as is.

I just like trains in general, and it comes with 3 ghosts and the biplane looks cool. I will admit when I was looking at it at TRU I was a little disappointed that it doesn't go on the regular tracks. (I have an old yellow and black monorail-lookin Lego train from forever ago at my parent's house. Quick Google search shows it's the old Cargo Train set).

Are there other, easier/cheaper ways to secure the ghost figures?

Fuck.

The train is cool, but I would put it at mid tier for the Monster Fighter sets. If you want something from the series, Haunted House is the must buy. After that it is Vampyre Castle.

The train is cool, but I would put it at mid tier for the Monster Fighter sets. If you want something from the series, Haunted House is the must buy. After that it is Vampyre Castle.

Ooooo, I think they still have some of those at the Lego store :O Maybe I'll pick that up for the double VIP points? It looks really cool. Gonna try and find some images of the inside.

Ooooo, I think they still have some of those at the Lego store :O Maybe I'll pick that up for the double VIP points? It looks really cool. Gonna try and find some images of the inside.

Haunted House bro. Haunted House. I, and many others on here, will pimp that set hard. Best set of 2012. Better then most things that came out in 2013 too.

EDIT: You know you want it. And if you want it, you need to get it soon. It is the lone Monster Fighters set still available from LEGO.com, and it is probably not long for this world.

Snaku

Banned

This is actually the exact set that I'm picking up during double VIP points next month. I just hope their stock lasts that long.

neonglow

Are there other, easier/cheaper ways to secure the ghost figures?

You can just buy the ghost polybag on eBay for like $15.

http://brickset.com/sets/30201-1/Ghost

I'd say go for the HH instead of the train. It's not a big jump from the price you were willing to pay for the train. You'll get a top tier set out of it.

If you want a train that works on tracks, consider the Horizon Express for $130. This set is likely on it's way out by end of the year.

2 new trains will also be released this summer if you're not set on the Horizon Express.
http://www.neoape.com/lego-city-trains-2014-video-images/

Haunted House bro. Haunted House. I, and many others on here, will pimp that set hard. Best set of 2012. Better then most things that came out in 2013 too.

EDIT: You know you want it. And if you want it, you need to get it soon. It is the lone Monster Fighters set still available from LEGO.com, and it is probably not long for this world.
Yeah, I think I'll get that from Lego for Double VIP. They should still have them at my local store - there was a kid who came in while I was doing my interview today with $100 for his birthday, and they still had Martian Manhunter to give him, so I think they'll hold stock. I'll just be sure to go in on Day 1 to grab it. Unless I work there and can set one aside for myself, we'll see.

You can just buy the ghost polybag on eBay for like $15.

http://brickset.com/sets/30201-1/Ghost

I'd say go for the HH instead of the train. It's not a big jump from the price you were willing to pay for the train. You'll get a top tier set out of it.

If you want a train that works on tracks, consider the Horizon Express for $130. This set is likely on it's way out by end of the year.

2 new trains will also be released this summer if you're not set on the Horizon Express.
http://www.neoape.com/lego-city-trains-2014-video-images/
DANG that bullet train looks SICK and it comes with a grip of track! I take it, though, looking at the RC controller pictures on the box, that the new trains don't run on the same track as the old ones? That... bums me out a lot. If the new track isn't the metal stuff like the old one that means my current train will forever be trapped in a shitty little oval :(

http://amzn.com/B0096NCVAE/

Haunted House is on my radar for Double VIP as well. Great choice since it may not be around for too much longer.

That set is awesome because it comes with a classic zombie dude too. Sweet!

Top Bottom