• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Oh man I'm over at Bricklink and I have like $15 worth of parts in my cart to build a Jaeger - gonna order two of the blank Microfigures for pilots to play with the sense of scale. Gonna use the Ninjago mech as a basic body template but just make the arms and legs longer and maybe add more bulk and a proper head to the torso. I think this might be my first MOC? Eee I'm exciteddddd. It'll probably be pretty simplistic but it's cool to order a bunch of parts without any real instructions for what you're gonna build.

I have Lego fever pretty bad now ;___; I'm too poor for this!!!

Edit: Also, thanks for the links on the train sets guys! It looks like the parts I'd need to upgrade my old train would be too big to fit in the engine without some redesigns so it might be better to just wait and buy one of the new train sets.

Yes, it's basically just 'make Doctor Who Lego'. The one that had the TARDIS that opened out into the control room was a much better set.

I prefer the large TARDIS personally. I'm just hoping the the short amount of time it's take for this set to reach 10,000 votes pushes the Lego company to come up with some sort of Doctor Who line. I'll buy whatever they produce.

Just started on my first proper big build. I'd made up the fighter jet from the gaf contest number 4 a couple of weeks back. So I've completes the first book of the Quinjet. When I opened the bag I didn't expect to see 5 bags! I was making the cockpit and it wasn't until I put in the control panel I realised the the strange blue thing on the hinge was a seat haha it put a smile on my face anyway. I'm already stressing about the placement of stickers though! Loki looks so imposing on his Chitari flying podium. I do need to find something clear to place under him to make it look like his part thing is hovering in the air.

I'm going to leave the rest until tomorrow. I was looking forward to building it but I'm surprised how much fun it is, especially as I had a fight with my girlfriend tonight which had brought me down.

Ponn

Banned
The UCS Falcon is actually more lol...

Yea. I thought it was funny seeing that pop up in an Amazon warehouse deal though. They don't take Lego trade ins so did they just find that sitting in a back room or something? I noticed they put an Imperial Flag Ship up as well a couple days ago so I think that may be the case.

We were visiting with my folks earlier this week and decided to dig into some old slides.

I thought some of you might get a kick of this shot of me in 1977, enjoying some LEGO action. About 8 months after this I got my first "Space" set.

Aww...I don't think my parents have any pictures of me playing with toys.

I went to LEGO store today and the clerk told me they still have the promo MM fig but they estimate he will be gone by this weekend.

Bought a few sets today at the LEGO shop at the Aventura Mall in Miami, Got the Martian Manhunter, the guy told me he didn't know they were shortages of this minifigure, he said he still had some. I might return to buy some sets before head back to Canada, btw finally saw Sea Cow in person, that thing is glorious.

Bought a few sets today at the LEGO shop at the Aventura Mall in Miami, Got the Martian Manhunter, the guy told me he didn't know they were shortages of this minifigure, he said he still had some. I might return to buy some sets before head back to Canada, btw finally saw Sea Cow in person, that thing is glorious.

I'll be moving back to my hometown in Miami after the summer once i'm done with my thesis. I look forward to finally living somewhere that has a store. Was there during christmas break with family and spent a bundle.

Chuckie

Good news, more good news and bad news.

Good news: The Parisien Restaurant I will be getting for my birthday arrived yesterday! (thank you honey!)
More Good news: Martian Manhunter also arrived
Bad news: My birthday isn't untill end of April. I cannot touch the restaurant :O

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Minecraft The End micro set out in "Summer"

1622042_690343807697031_1156458956_n.jpg

TBH not the most exciting environment for a set, but guess they have to cover most of it. I'd like a Mooshroom island please.

2013_07_18_19_14_04.png

I'm obsessed with Minecraft so I obviously want the sets so bad but they're just so goddamn expensive. I feel like you could BrickLink the parts for a fraction of the cost?

Speaking of, just placed my first brinklink order to make my own custom mech. :D I downloaded the Lego builder computer thing to help me out. Couldn't find some of the pieces at all (a really bitchin' turbine and an engine block) but I think I got every other piece (around 134) plus the Swamp Creature minifig I wanted from Monster Fighters for like $18. Hopefully shipping isn't too high!

the heck... the building looks lopsided. Come on Sheldon.

He is using instructions. And from the look of the building and instructions (you get a better look at them in a few shots. They don't have the "get these pieces for this step" boxes), it is an older set. And it should probably be an older set since it is at his mother's house, so it is probably from him childhood.

ruxtpin

Banned
But I mean, if you look at the first floor and then compare it the base plate, it looks like one side is missing a stud so the whole thing is being built at an angle.

Ryuuroden

aww yeah, thought i had totally missed out on the lego Movie CMF's, they are sold out everywhere in Columbus. However, until I saw some of you say so on GAF that walgreens sometimes has them, I had never checked there. I called the local one and lucky for me they do have a box so i'm saved. Thanks LegoGAF.

So Super Heroes LEGO GAF, is the old Batwings worth getting? It's one set I haven't buy but the Batwings looks a bit lame and the minifigs are not all that exciting.

Just took a quick trip to my local TRU now that S@H sold out of CMF series 13. Out if six bags I pulled, only three were new figures:

- Taco Tuesday Man
- Wiley Fusebot
- Marsha, Quern of the Mermaids

The three duplicates I pulled were:

- Panda Guy
- Wiley Fusebot
- Larry the Barista

If anyone is looking for those three figures and wants to trade, let me know.

So Super Heroes LEGO GAF, is the old Batwings worth getting? It's one set I haven't buy but the Batwings looks a bit lame and the minifigs are not all that exciting.

The last set was fair. The original set looked ok, but the vertical landing pad looked fantastic. I plan on using the parts from the previous set and mixing them with the current and making my own Batwing with a vertical pad. The current Batwing looks terrible!

I plan on doing the same with the current and former Batmobile too. The previous one was a little too long and though I like the current one much more, I think I can touch it up a great deal.

ghostmind

It's looking more and more like TC-4 will not be the "May the Fourth" polybag this year, as it has been, and continues to be available as a promo polybag in various European retailers.

Snaku

Banned
Just took a quick trip to my local TRU now that S@H sold out of CMF series 13. Out if six bags I pulled, only three were new figures:

- Taco Tuesday Man
- Wiley Fusebot
- Marsha, Quern of the Mermaids

The three duplicates I pulled were:

- Panda Guy
- Wiley Fusebot
- Larry the Barista

If anyone is looking for those three figures and wants to trade, let me know.

I'm buying a few after work today, might take you up on that.

mrkgoo

Any consensus or opinions on the Chima Legend Beasts?

They're the sets with a brick built rideable animal and one minifig, released this year.

The Gorilla and Eagle look really cool. Are they meant to be animals or robot/vehicles?

I haven't bought any Chima before.

Nitemare1

Got my order today and at first look it seemed like my Martian Manhunter wasn't in the box but he was underneath the R2 box. And now it dawns on me that I only need the Flash to complete my minifig Justic League. Damn LEGO! You know exactly what you're doing don't you! :/

Stopped by Toys R Us today (Los Angeles/Orange County area). They have the Super Secret Police Enforcer polybag in the aisles. I noticed earlier this week on the TRU website, they no longer had that polybag for pickup at the TRUs near me. Must be because they were no longer in the stockroom and put on shelves. They are back to $4.99 price. They were $3.99 if ordered online not too long ago.

They also have Hobbit Barrel Escape for $25.

Got my order today and at first look it seemed like my Martian Manhunter wasn't in the box but he was underneath the R2 box. And now it dawns on me that I only need the Flash to complete my minifig Justic League. Damn LEGO! You know exactly what you're doing don't you! :/

And Green Lantern eventually. LEGO will need to move on to Teen Titans. I'm so surprised they haven't with the cartoon doing pretty well right now.

Same here. Looks like we need to make a store run and pick up the Riddler set this weekend!

Nitemare1

And Green Lantern eventually. LEGO will need to move on to Teen Titans. I'm so surprised they haven't with the cartoon doing pretty well right now.

And hopefully Green Arrow at some point as well!

Just realizing that Green Arrow and Green Lantern minfigs were exclusive comic con give aways is probably the cruelest thing they could do!

Ponn

Banned
Well put a hold on my Alien Conquest scene and bit the bullet and ordered a MM fig from a third party seller along with Riddler Chase set. Figured better to get now rather than wait for price to start going up.

neonglow

They're the sets with a brick built rideable animal and one minifig, released this year.

The Gorilla and Eagle look really cool. Are they meant to be animals or robot/vehicles?

They're meant to be giant animals in relation to the minifigures. The sets teach you how to build with the new micro-joints which are mostly used for legs. A bonus is that all the faces are printed but stickers are used elsewhere. For $10, they are a good value.

Draxal

I got the Lion one and it's good source for ball joints.

mrkgoo

They're meant to be giant animals in relation to the minifigures. The sets teach you how to build with the new micro-joints which are mostly used for legs. A bonus is that all the faces are printed but stickers are used elsewhere. For $10, they are a good value.

I got the Lion one and it's good source for ball joints.

Interesting, thanks!

Might get the gorilla and eagle ones.

And hopefully Green Arrow at some point as well!

Just realizing that Green Arrow and Green Lantern minfigs were exclusive comic con give aways is probably the cruelest thing they could do!

That was the movie version so it's likely we'll see a more classic comic book version of Green Lantern. Much like the flashlight version spotted. Too bad with the failure of the Green Lantern movie, it's unlikely we'll see a Green Lantern corp set.

Top Bottom