• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Gotcha. ;) No secrets. *wink*

Which store is this again? I'm interested on how the PAB selection is. :)
The Glendale Galleria store. It's actually the only Lego store I've ever seen, let alone been in, so I don't know how it compares to others but the PAB section goes along the entire back wall (except for the staff door) from floor to ceiling (how the flip do you get those, I dunno, that'll probably be part of my job). I don't know if I can get away with snapping a picture but I can try and memorize details like how many bins there are and what kind/color they hold.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/The_LEGO_Store_Glendale_Galleria_Glendale,_CA,_USA

Apparently they won Store of the Year in 2011!

ghostmind

The Glendale Galleria store. It's actually the only Lego store I've ever seen, let alone been in, so I don't know how it compares to others but the PAB section goes along the entire back wall (except for the staff door) from floor to ceiling (how the flip do you get those, I dunno, that'll probably be part of my job). I don't know if I can get away with snapping a picture but I can try and memorize details like how many bins there are and what kind/color they hold.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/The_LEGO_Store_Glendale_Galleria_Glendale,_CA,_USA

Apparently they won Store of the Year in 2011!

For those of us who have been around since OT1, this was Chuck's store.

Not that it's a big deal since I already have this minifig which is available in at least the $20 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace set, but is this polybag ever going to be released in the U.S.?

Micro Manager Battle

30281-1.jpg

http://brickset.com/sets/30281-1

Rootbeer

Banned
I have that Batcave too, but I kinda like the 2006 one, wish I had both so I could combine the best aspects of them.

7783-1.jpg

In any case, hopefully they redo the batcave every 3 or so years.

Would be great to get a Hall of Justice, X-Mansion, Stark Tower... or anything like this.

Oh! How many of us would line-up for a decent Baxter Building with all of the FF and a villain or two? I'd love that.

theaface

Popped into my local Lego store on the weekend. Ended up coming out with a couple of the Star Wars microfighters, which I REALLY like:

The most surprising thing though was that my fianceé, who had previously mocked my Lego fascination, ended up coming away with a Rapunzel tower! The allure of Disney was too strong. She looked like a kid on Christmas morning putting it together.

As a Brucey Bonus we came away with a free extra mini Dinsey set and the Martian Manhunter figure, so it was a productive trip!

Popped into my local Lego store on the weekend. Ended up coming out with a couple of the Star Wars microfighters, which I REALLY like:

The most surprising thing though was that my fianceé, who had previously mocked my Lego fascination, ended up coming away with a Rapunzel tower! The allure of Disney was too strong. She looked like a kid on Christmas morning putting it together.

As a Brucey Bonus we came away with a free extra mini Dinsey set and the Martian Manhunter figure, so it was a productive trip!
The X-Wing and Falcon are totally the best of the 6(8?) sets they've made so far. Fingers are still crossed they do a Wave 2 and put a Sandcrawler in there with a Jawa figure. Would be a nice way for people to get them without having to spend $300 on the real one. Maybe make a Landspeeder too.

That Disney set is some straight bullshit though, look at that roof, look at those stairs. Solid single pieces! Pathetic! :p

Going to the Lego store tomorrow (today) for my screening, I hope I can resist buying the little train or a Mixel while I'm there. I just... feel like it'd be tacky to buy something while I'm there for the job. Once I've started working, sure, but I dunno. I feel like it'd be saying, "Cool, thanks for the job! Gonna just buy a bunch of shit now, only reason I wanna work here!" (even though it's not, I think it'd be sweet to someday be a designer or do any kind of art/design for Lego).
I should save my money for Double VIP anyway I guess? I did a very small freelance job today and made a quick $60 towards my Haunted House, so that was nice. Gotta stay strong for two more weeks...

theaface

That Disney set is some straight bullshit though, look at that roof, look at those stairs. Solid single pieces! Pathetic! :p

Totally agree, and that's exactly what I said. It's cheating! I wouldn't buy a set that had pieces like that for myself (irrespective of the fact it's Disney Princess), but my other half seemed happy enough.

EDIT: The stairs aren't bad, actually. They're individual steps and the staircase can fold back if desired. They're not very Lego-y though.

The same stairs are used in Barrel Escape and Weathertop and the tower top is from Harry Potter if not earlier. They are not kiddified for this theme.

kapowza

picked up another Galaxy Dudes set cheap at tescos, the Hive Crawler. The clicking legs are deliciously creepy. I think I have enough motors and stuff to make it remote controllable, if I can find the box of spares from Monster Dino.

glaurung

i-wX4zDQk-1050x10000.jpg

I just thought I'd leave this here. I don't know about the DAYZ idea, but Dark Souls LEGO sounds like a surefire winner.

Disclaimer: as far as I know, LEGO has no plans to release Dark Souls sets, ever.

Rootbeer

Banned
dark souls LEGO? I'd buy, but it's clearly against their family friendly ethics.

Wouldn't be surprised if mega or one of the other lesser brands tries it though, especially after this comic.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
i-wX4zDQk-1050x10000.jpg

I just thought I'd leave this here. I don't know about the DAYZ idea, but Dark Souls LEGO sounds like a surefire winner.

Disclaimer: as far as I know, LEGO has no plans to release Dark Souls sets, ever.

Didn't know about CoDblox.

I.. might get some.

R-User!

It's actually planned that way. Marvel has final say on their side of the roster and I'm sure they tell LEGO which minifigures they want to promote. It's all about cross-promotional synergy with their television shows and movies. Expect next year's sets to have some of the following: Doctor Strange, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Shuma-Gorath, Super-Skrull or X-23?

Did anyone buy this set in 2012? It's all the rage now because of Benny.

I bought some when they were on clearance. $5 each.

What are they selling for?

Not that it's a big deal since I already have this minifig which is available in at least the $20 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace set, but is this polybag ever going to be released in the U.S.?

Micro Manager Battle

30281-1.jpg

http://brickset.com/sets/30281-1

I am pretty sure this was giving out in the US at the movie premier party at LEGO store and LEGO land and selected theater as part of the gift bag. It might show up as spring polybag collection, so far this year have been pretty thin. I also have yet to find the Tumbler around here, all my Target have is the Galaxy Squad bags and Chima from last year.

Also next month, no freebie beside 2X VIP and Friends polybag which is the same as the current Wal-mart Easter seasonal items.

R-User!

That seals it, I saw the train at Target and thought it was cute but now that I've seen the whole thing together like that I have to buy it.

Also, got a call back from Lego, I got the job! I have to do the paperwork and a drug screening on Monday, and as soon as the results come back I can start training. Gonna wear the shit outta that yellow apron, son!

Congrats as well! Enjoy the discount and LEGO fund! ;)

Rootbeer

Banned
I may regret this... but browsing around amazon I saw this charting in the top 100 "new releases" in toys:

619Y1QYtx9L.jpg

For $11 and change... and free shipping... I'd love a Green Lantern, and some of these will clearly never be made into official figures... gonna take a gamble and see what I get.

Anyone had good experiences with bootlegs? I know they've come up a few times.

A part of me says... don't do it. Keep your LEGO collection pure! But, in any case I'll keep these seperate from my real LEGO when not in display cause, that's just how I roll :)

I'm not sure if this video shows EXACTLY the ones I am getting (hard to say with bootlegs) but it's very similar, so...

I may regret this... but browsing around amazon I saw this charting in the top 100 "new releases" in toys:

619Y1QYtx9L.jpg

For $11 and change... and free shipping... I'd love a Green Lantern, and some of these will clearly never be made into official figures... gonna take a gamble and see what I get.

Anyone had good experiences with bootlegs? I know they've come up a few times.

Give us a detailed report with pics!

Fowler

I didn't think the models looked too bad in pictures.

I was going to try and build a black tumbler using the instruction so bane and batman could be standing on one each. As they were in the promo shots of the movie.

To be honest, part of the reason is that I was spoiled by our own wetwired's Tumbler, which is absolutely sensational. Instructions here:

http://www.brentwaller.com/Tumbler/

The Bat is pretty underwhelming too. But to be honest, I didn't mind at all because I can't say enough how great the minifigs are. Love the Dark Knight Batman, love Gary Oldman, and the little coat I got for Bane off eBay makes it my favourite minifig:

Rootbeer

Banned
Give us a detailed report with pics!

I will... just not sure when they will arrive. It's not Prime shipping so it'll be a while.

I noticed in the video I linked above they actually fixed the feet to have more LEGO-like pegs inside. Anyway, if I'm pleased with the quality of them I may get this as well. I'm only interested in figures that don't have official LEGO versions I can acquire legitimately (or which only had very limited convention exclusives -- curses!!)

Zerojul

Oh! How many of us would line-up for a decent Baxter Building with all of the FF and a villain or two? I'd love that.
I'd be down for that, in fact I'm down for anything Marvel-related so :)
Went to the Lego store in Paris today, bought the Spider-Cycle Chase, the Batman-Riddler set and the Mr Freeze/Aquaman one. So now I've got a full Avengers Team (Cap, Thor, Iron-Man, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye and Fury) AND a nearly full Justice League (Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter). Also got my third Martian Manhunter minifig, which makes me kinda sad for the guys who are struggling to get theirs in the US. There are plenty of them left in Europe, or at least in France.

To be honest, part of the reason is that I was spoiled by our own wetwired's Tumbler, which is absolutely sensational. Instructions here:

http://www.brentwaller.com/Tumbler/

The Bat is pretty underwhelming too. But to be honest, I didn't mind at all because I can't say enough how great the minifigs are. Love the Dark Knight Batman, love Gary Oldman, and the little coat I got for Bane off eBay makes it my favourite minifig:

Just bought the coat a few days ago

Rootbeer

Banned
I'd be down for that, in fact I'm down for anything Marvel-related so :)
Went to the Lego store in Paris today, bought the Spider-Cycle Chase, the Batman-Riddler set and the Mr Freeze/Aquaman one. So now I've got a full Avengers Team (Cap, Thor, Iron-Man, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye and Fury) AND a nearly full Justice League (Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter). Also got my third Martian Manhunter minifig, which makes me kinda sad for the guys who are struggling to get theirs in the US. There are plenty of them left in Europe, or at least in France.

Always cool to see more Superhero LEGO fans :) I'm into a lot of themes but it's definitely the one I'm the most consistently excited about... mostly for the minifigs, I admit. It's just a shame that so many of the set have poor builds when there are a lot of great ships and other vehicles they could be exploiting. Even the upcoming X-Men Blackbird is fairly meh. The Guardians of the Galaxy sets could make up for it though.

Always cool to see more Superhero LEGO fans :) I'm into a lot of themes but it's definitely the one I'm the most consistently excited about... mostly for the minifigs, I admit. It's just a shame that so many of the set have poor builds when there are a lot of great ships and other vehicles they could be exploiting. Even the upcoming X-Men Blackbird is fairly meh. The Guardians of the Galaxy sets could make up for it though.

Yeah, the Blackbird should've been a 75-100$ set. It should've been at least on par with the Quinjet. There's a lot of potential out there.

Zerojul

Yeah, the Blackbird should've been a 75-100$ set. It should've been at least on par with the Quinjet. There's a lot of potential out there.
I'll buy the Blackbird for the minifigs (huge Cyke fan) and for the ball joints used for the sentinel but the plane itself is indeed very very meh :(
I would have loved something on par with the Quinjet. I think X-Men stuff could have a huge potential,it seems the X-Mansion cuusoo project is doing well enough by the way. I hope the GotG sets are good, but I'll get them anyway. Can't pass on a brick-made Groot and a Rocket minifig :)

X-Men should be their own theme with seperate sets like Batman, Spiderman, and Avengers. The team is big enough and there are a ton of enemies and classic showdowns to represent.

Just been to Westfield Stratford and got a good haul, they still have Martian Manhunter too btw (got mine). Already have the Stone mixels so got the rest to complete round 1 as parts packs mostly. Also got 31808 which is not yet built.

kg91DmT.png

That's from 2 large 1 small cups. No time to stack other than the 1x8 white bricks.

Snapped some photos so will try and update Wall of Bricks tonight but the staff said they are due to refresh the wall in April so it's a little slow going right now.

Just been to Westfield Stratford and got a good haul, they still have Martian Manhunter too btw (got mine). Already have the Stone mixels so got the rest to complete round 1 as parts packs mostly. Also got 31808 which is not yet built.

kg91DmT.png

That's from 2 large 1 small cups. No time to stack other than the 1x8 white bricks.

Snapped some photos so will try and update Wall of Bricks tonight but the staff said they are due to refresh the wall in April so it's a little slow going right now.

Oooh...I hope that Dark Green 1x2 brick makes it to my PAB someday. I'm trying to get a bunch 1x2 and 1x4 bricks of every color. Why? I'm a brick hoarder. That's just how I roll.

man all this talk about the Quinjet being awesome makes me want to track one down, do you guys remember how much they went for at retail?

Ran over to the Glendale TRU after filling out some paperwork at Lego, they actually have THREE boxes of Movie CMF but they're selling them for $4.49 each. They're supposed to be $2.99, I could deal with $3.49 or maybe even $3.99, but a whole $1.50 over MSRP for blind bags? Fuck off TRU. Fuck right off.

I need some convincing to not buy the Sea Cow. Can someone tell me that it's a crappy build?

This was me over the weekend. They has it built at the Lego store. It looked so cool!

The only reason I didn't buy it then and there was because I'm a) waiting for double xp and b) still need to build my Simpsons set and c) my girlfriend would have killed me because we are going to Tampa the first week of April and I should make sure I have enough for that.

I hope I have enough room in my luggage for bringing the Sea Cow home from Lego Land

On that note, how is Lego Land Florida? Do they have any exclusives? Do they have older hard-to-find stuff? Going with kids and also not expecting the rides to be that amazing(for a 25 year old haha).

Ran over to the Glendale TRU after filling out some paperwork at Lego, they actually have THREE boxes of Movie CMF but they're selling them for $4.49 each. They're supposed to be $2.99, I could deal with $3.49 or maybe even $3.99, but a whole $1.50 over MSRP for blind bags? Fuck off TRU. Fuck right off.

I've only found the Movie CMF at Target once (thankfully I picked up all the ones I wanted then). I've never seen them at my local Walmarts either. Even with that said, I won't buy from my TRU which has them marked up to $3.99. I know it's only $1 more but damn if they're going to get my money at their marked-up prices!

They were $4.99 at BN. Yeah, insane.

I actually was in line with two in my hand, but I thought for $9, I should be getting three figures, not two. I put them back and walked out.

Can't wait to see how badly these places gouge us when the $3.99 Simpsons and Series 14 come out :mad:

Snaku

Banned
I actually was in line with two in my hand, but I thought for $9, I should be getting three figures, not two. I put them back and walked out.

Can't wait to see how badly these places gouge us when the $3.99 Simpsons and Series 14 come out :mad:

Yeah, if you're gonna pay that high of a mark up just buy the ones you know you want off bricklink.

Top Bottom