• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

That is not a very nice looking sea plane but I appreciate the effort of having instructions for alternate builds. Just...make them better looking like they had that one for the Harry Potter Dollhouse

Just walked into Wally World and grabbed LEGO Marvel with mini fig. The slot was empty, but the staff had boxes behind the counter filled with the game.
Guess I will be playing this instead of disassembling sets. :)

ghostmind

Just picked up the Marvel Super Heroes game (X360). Polybag is just packed loose in the box - the game is not shrink-wrapped itself, but it also does NOT have one of those "Not for Resale" labels.

KHtw6sZ.jpg

I'm planning on getting the PS4 version, so I might trade this one in.

Just walked into Wally World and grabbed LEGO Marvel with mini fig. The slot was empty, but the staff had boxes behind the counter filled with the game.
Guess I will be playing this instead of disassembling sets. :)
I just did the same and had the same experience with the game not being in the display case. Another woman was there picking up her son's preorder and she asked the sales clerk where the bonus minifigure was. So of course sales girl said "I don't know" which prompted the customer to lose her shit because "that's why my son preorder!". I had to step-in and let both ladies know that minifig was already inside the box. But then the customer become enraged that I, another customer, knew more than the sales girl and demanded to speak to the manager.

Yeesh, lady. The poor sales girl is just manning the cash register, give her a break.

I'm planning on getting the PS4 version, so I might trade this one in.
Same here, I'll probably trade-in my PS3 copy by the weekend.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Glad to see most are enjoying the game. I might pick up the minifig later. Trying to save money for other things now.

I finished up vampyre castle a couple days ago. It has some nice
Little touches in it. The bed an book case for example. I really like the stair case that swivels out. I didn't think I would be a huge fan but it is an excellent display piece once completed. I like how it all connects together. So far it and the Frankenstein set are the best. Haunted house is next. Honestly I am a little afraid of all the hype that has been given here. Hope I am not dissappointed.

Pseudo review of 40077 - Geoffrey polybag.

It's a fun little build that looks great. It has a nice classic brick built look with some small use of more "specialized" pieces. You get some parts that I don't think are too common in the orange and yellow colors. The green round base plate is the best part.

Surprisingly, there is some interesting offsetting technique used for the head. Nothing complicated, but a nice surprise for an easy build.

Dislike(s): Mine came with a lot of yellows that obviously are different shades of yellow. I notice this a lot with yellow bricks. The colors don't match up. I'm guessing there are a lot of older yellow bricks in the mix rather than lack of quality control.

I bought 2 during TRU BOGO 50% off deal. I recommend the polybag even though I don't like giving TRU my money for their scam pricing tactics.

My local WalMart didn't even get the game in stock today. Can you believe that?!?

Did you ask them? When I went to get mine this morning they were still in the backroom. LEGO games are not one of those exciting games to get day one like GTA or CoD. I don't know how rare this first edition of Wal-mart Marvel LEGO with Iron Patriot are going to be, but I was the only person there thus morning. I saw 15 copies when the guy brought it out (5 Xbox, 5 PS3 and 5 WiiU).

It's a fun little build that looks great. It has a nice classic brick built look with some small use of more "specialized" pieces. You get some parts that I don't think are too common in the orange and yellow colors. The green round base plate is the best part.

Surprisingly, there is some interesting offsetting technique used for the head. Nothing complicated, but a nice surprise for an easy build.

Dislike(s): Mine came with a lot of yellows that obviously are different shades of yellow. I notice this a lot with yellow bricks. The colors don't match up. I'm guessing there are a lot of older yellow bricks in the mix rather than lack of quality control.

I bought 2 during TRU BOGO 50% off deal. I recommend the polybag even though I don't like giving TRU my money for their scam pricing tactics.

I pick this up yesterday, going to build it at lunch. I love the comic strip you put out.

my ps3 copy from walmart canada didnt come with the minifig :(

Did the copy you bought come in the cardboard sleeve?

I was planning on grabbing it at Walmart (Toronto area) this week.....I may need to adjust my plans. Heading to Illinois in a few hours so I may hit up a Walmart there.

Ugh, it's killing me to see everyone enjoying the LEGO Marvel game so much! I made the heart-wrenching decision to wait the extra one month and get the next-gen version. My daughter and I have played every other LEGO game to death and we're dying to play this one especially. What's even harder is that my local TRU is not taking pre-orders for the Xbone or PS4 versions, so I'm not even sure if I'll be able to snag an Iron Patriot minifig. Although they have been good in the past with giving out minifigs well after release date to non-preorder sales. So there's still hope! Enjoy the game guys...

Ugh, it's killing me to see everyone enjoying the LEGO Marvel game so much! I made the heart-wrenching decision to wait the extra one month and get the next-gen version. My daughter and I have played every other LEGO game to death and we're dying to play this one especially. What's even harder is that my local TRU is not taking pre-orders for the Xbone or PS4 versions, so I'm not even sure if I'll be able to snag an Iron Patriot minifig. Although they have been good in the past with giving out minifigs well after release date to non-preorder sales. So there's still hope! Enjoy the game guys...

Iron Patriot is a Walmart exclusive in the US and the minifig is packaged inside the game box.

Rhaegar

Really want to play LEGO Marvel and my Wal-mart preorder was delivered today. Unfortunately I'm stuck working a 24 hour call at my hospital so won't be able to touch it for awhile.

Also, my wife is bound to beat me for spending more on video games this close to Christmas. See what you made me do, Iron Patriot?!

Rhaegar

What's the status on availability of the back to the future set? Is it hard to find or is it going to dissappear anytime soon?

I had difficulty finding it at my local Lego Store but was able to order it a couple weeks ago from the Shop @ Home site. I believe it was also available from amazon at that point.

Like anything Lego, no time to splurge like the present!

chimster

Did the copy you bought come in the cardboard sleeve?

I was planning on grabbing it at Walmart (Toronto area) this week.....I may need to adjust my plans. Heading to Illinois in a few hours so I may hit up a Walmart there.

I ordered online. I stopped by a Wal-Mart in Richmond hill last night but they didn't have any copies yet. Hoping they have copies with the cardboard sleeve in store.

Ordered the ps3 version if that makes any difference

Happy about the Exo suit. But obviously LEGO thinks that nearly all licensed stuff isn't worry the effort. Crossing my fingers for the Land Rover and Brent's Ghostbusters.

LEGO CUUSOO Winter 2012, Spring & Summer 2013 Review Results: Announcing LEGO CUUSOO #006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-NTCGA5uKE&feature=youtu.be

It's the Exosuit

38_Exo-Suit_product_en.png

Well, it's smart of LEGO not to give their reasons anymore of why something did not pass. They get a lot of backlash for some of their explanations. Or did I miss the specific reasons why on each projects' pages? Doesn't help those that submit ideas if we don't have more insight to their evaluation process though.

So sad only 1 made it. Happy that the one is a non-IP project though.

I will be FURIOUS if Ghostbusters doesn't make it. There are a couple more for the next review session I would like to see get made, but I WANT MY LEGO GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

What's the status on availability of the back to the future set? Is it hard to find or is it going to dissappear anytime soon?

I was at LEGO store in Costa Mesa, CA this past Monday. They had a shelf full of Back to the Future sets. They were always out, but it could be they just got a shipment in. They get shipments on Mondays at that location.

I think the demand for Back to the Future is a lot, but also limited unlike Minecraft. Minecraft is probably at the peak of its popularity. I make this comparison since the first Minecraft set has been around for awhile. I don't think Back to the Future one will be around for more than a year. Just a guess. Should available until after XMas IMO.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Glad the Exo Suit got through, was really hoping it would.

Seeing the nonpasses in all the other review periods must be why they combined the results- would've been really sad if we'd had two reviews without passes. Still disappointing nothing else got through.

R-User!

They jammed 3 review periods together?

And of all that they went with the Exosuit?

Sigh...

I feel bummed too, being that they jammed them together as you said... :/

I wanted The Tumbler and Zelda, but I did like the look of The Exo Suit, and I'm interested in the final design and how they market it.

Fowler

I wonder if Brent got any explanation from LEGO that he just couldn't share yet? At least, I hope he did. It'd be a bit shitty if they just sorta rejected it and the first he found out about it was, um, here.

Really, the only thing that could hold back a Ghostbusters set is licensing. As for the Tumbler, it is the same thing. That thing never had a chance because they already made their own (inferior) version of it.

Fowler

Really, the only thing that could hold back a Ghostbusters set is licensing. As for the Tumbler, it is the same thing. That thing never had a chance because they already made their own (inferior) version of it.

Yeah, I know. Still disappointed, but I know. I'm just wondering how CUUSOO operates here and whether they already reached out to him.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I am excited about the exo suit, but it is disappointing that some other sets didn't get approved. Portal would have been great. Damn it Valve. No Half life 3 and now no Portal LEGO. You are crushing our dreams here.

neonglow

The Exo Suit is unique. I'm excited to get another mech for my collection.

I hope LEGO doesn't change it up too much. I can't see them using the old style hinge that connects the body to the cockpit or using minifigure hands as part of the feet.

neonglow

A figure from the LEGO Movie has leaked. It's a recolored Luchador from CMF Series 1. Ignore the cape, lightning thing and car. It's from the same reseller that leaked the Ninjago figures.

b25eb090ea6e6cd961ee6703c951c1.jpg

A figure from the LEGO Movie has leaked. It's a recolored Luchador from CMF Series 1. Ignore the cape, lightning thing and car. It's from the same reseller that leaked the Ninjago figures.

b25eb090ea6e6cd961ee6703c951c1.jpg

Nothing amazing, but still cool to have color variation so I can have a lucha/fight match between the two.

LEGO Group can't be too happy about these leaks. Seems like it's increasing. At least 2 I'm aware on eBay. One of them must have hundreds of minifigs. Sells several every single day with a few of them not even released yet.

Calm Killer

Nothing amazing, but still cool to have color variation so I can have a lucha/fight match between the two.

LEGO Group can't be too happy about these leaks. Seems like it's increasing. At least 2 I'm aware on eBay. One of them must have hundreds of minifigs. Sells several every single day with a few of them not even released yet.

I wonder how that is even possible.

ghostmind

Seems like LEGO needs better controls in place in their factories.

LEGO should also consider sharing information regarding upcoming sets sooner than they do now, as that would curb a lot of speculation and leaking of pre-production imagery. 2014 sets are going to start showing up at some retailers a month from now, and we don't even have confirmation on LEGO on set names, much less any pictures of them. You may recall that I picked up Galaxy Squad sets on November 22nd last year. Prior to that the only information from LEGO had been in the form of a comic in the LEGO magazine, some leaked figure pictures in mid-November, and set pics from someone who picked them up 3 days before I did!

Rootbeer

Banned
Really excited for exo-suit, but hope they go with something a little more colorful, if only slightly. That's way way beyond utilitarian, even more than a robot like that would actually be methinks

Fowler

LEGO-GAF: Did you guys spot anything in the HQ shots in the CUUSOO video that might reveal new sets, similar to Orthanc's accidental debut? Anything stand out in any of those shots? I saw a couple of odd sets, but my knowledge is nowhere NEAR as advanced as most of the other posters in this thread!

rataven

Got a little dose of holiday cheer with my order today. I know it's early, but I'm sooo tempted to get started on the winter village anyway.

0aGFMFTl.jpg

Does anyone on GAF happen to have the Holiday Train? I've been eyeing it forever and would really like to add it to my village theme, but am curious to know if it's worth paying the aftermarket price for.

Ogch3P0l.jpg

Looking at the instructions for the Holiday Train, it seems to be pretty easy to Bricklink or just use random parts to pull it off. The only problem would be the red train chassis plate and the sheer volume of train wheels. Otherwise pretty standard stuff.

Really excited for exo-suit, but hope they go with something a little more colorful, if only slightly. That's way way beyond utilitarian, even more than a robot like that would actually be methinks

A light and dark bley mixture would do it for me. Hopefully they don't add colors with stickers and not too much color.

rataven

Hmmm, yeah, Bricklinking might be the way to go. I usually like to have original instructions and all that for collecting purposes, but there does come a point where you just end up spending way more than is necessary for some of this OOP stuff. And I have copious amounts of train wheels thanks to four Hogwarts Expresses, so it might not be too costly. I'll definitely have to look into it.

Hmmm, yeah, Bricklinking might be the way to go. I usually like to have original instructions and all that for collecting purposes, but there does come a point where you just end up spending way more than is necessary for some of this OOP stuff. And I have copious amounts of train wheels thanks to four Hogwarts Expresses, so it might not be too costly. I'll definitely have to look into it.
Book 1 of instructions.
Book 2 of instructions, including parts list.
Seriously, it looks VERY easy to modify using regular parts on hand if you don't have the train chassis plate.

rataven

Book 1 of instructions.
Book 2 of instructions, including parts list.
Seriously, it looks VERY easy to modify using regular parts on hand if you don't have the train chassis plate.

Thanks for finding that! Looking though those instructions, and you're right, it does seem like a more or less straightforward build with fairly common pieces. It'd be nice to keep the red and green colors since they're so specific to the theme, but other than those pieces, everything else seems easy to come by. Seeing it broken down like this really helps to put the piece requirements in perspective.

Thanks for finding that! Looking though those instructions, and you're right, it does seem like a more or less straightforward build with fairly common pieces. It'd be nice to keep the red and green colors since they're so specific to the theme, but other than those pieces, everything else seems easy to come by. Seeing it broken down like this really helps to put the piece requirements in perspective.

Since there are no power functions for it, the middle car with the red chassis could easily be replicated with regular plates. Tempted to try this myself as I am starting to plot and scheme for holiday display.

Top Bottom