• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Dr. Manhattan's dingle could be a blue version of Scratchy's tail, only placed in front!

I was hoping to recreate the scene with Nite Owl and Silk Spectre getting it on.

LEGO if you are reading this, LEGO minifigure Watchmen must be made. We're adults and won't abuse the minifigs. :)

Guess who!

Another Dr. Who Cuusoo project is close to reaching 10k! Wasn't it only a month ago Cuusoo started accepting Dr. Who projects again?

This should send the message to LEGO that Dr. Who is now known around the world and has a decent sized audience to sell the theme.

8598 votes as of now.
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/59181

thumb640x360.png

Cyberman can't be made due to new mould piece. Or is that just a bucket handle piece on top of the head? Looks great, but without a proper connection LEGO can't use it that way.

This project is very cool and I like how it's a great display piece and playset.

judhudson

Damn I wish I had a LEGO store friend. I was soooo planning on getting the SeaCow come April for Double VIP, but due to bills, I just can't drop close to $300. I'd gladly give up the points if there is a way to get it cheaper, bah.

Ironmask

I just spent about 5 minutes trying to find a pic on bricklink but I can't find them, not sure what they're called but they're those 2x2 bricks with technic axle hole through the middle, one with the ball joint and one with the socket joint.

So far this has been the most difficult MOC I've worked on, all the curves are difficult to achieve on all 4 sides and still make stable. Once I've nailed down the torso shape I'll likely have to pull it apart and rebuild it so it's stronger. I've already done the head from ages back (probably over a year ago)

The mouth is just photoshopped on for now to test...

sp1.jpg

I think I'll try and change the hat a bit too and try and get rid of that gap somehow between the head and hat. The most difficult part I reckon will be the arms, maintaining the curves on a smaller scale is gonna be tricky.

You should try those Mixels eyes, they are printed and are more luminous than the stickers

Alright, who would be down for a Mixel competition? I am itching for one on here because I am in love with these things and the Brickset contest is producing some awesome results.

Are Mixels available easily for most of you? I know that using the newest sets sometimes adds roadblocks for some of GAF in the contests, so I dont want to do it if it is hard to find product. But at the same time, since it is new it should be in a lot of locations, and with Mixels using the Brickset rules (MAX models using all 3 of one color or one MIX model using a combo of two from different colors) opens up the field a lot.

Would you all be down for one?

I'm in, i've got seven of this little fellas

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Guess who!

Another Dr. Who Cuusoo project is close to reaching 10k! Wasn't it only a month ago Cuusoo started accepting Dr. Who projects again?

This should send the message to LEGO that Dr. Who is now known around the world and has a decent sized audience to sell the theme.

8598 votes as of now.

thumb640x360.png

Cyberman can't be made due to new mould piece. Or is that just a bucket handle piece on top of the head? Looks great, but without a proper connection LEGO can't use it that way.

This project is very cool and I like how it's a great display piece and playset.

Looks way better than the other Doctor Who project. Backed, even though I don't watch the show.

ghostmind

JANG's Flashback Friday for March 28th:

6929 Star Fleet Voyager (1981)

http://youtu.be/678XQvUnm7U

I recall that my cousin had this set, and I was sooooo jealous! Much time spent looking at this ship in the LEGO catalog.

JANG has also been posting other classic (both from Classic Space and the more recent World City) videos all week long.

judhudson

Guess who!

8598 votes as of now.

thumb640x360.png

I do hope it passes because it would prove that LEGO should consider Doctor Who due to its popularity, but didn't they say due to the Ghostbuster sets, that only the first one that makes it to 10K supporters will be considered.

Guess who!

8598 votes as of now.

thumb640x360.png

Backed this one so we'll see what happens. Incidentally, it's actually the Cyberman minifig render that I like most, though I like the rest of the sets/minifigs as well.

JANG's Flashback Friday for March 28th:

6929 Star Fleet Voyager (1981)

http://youtu.be/678XQvUnm7U

I recall that my cousin had this set, and I was sooooo jealous! Much time spent looking at this ship in the LEGO catalog.

JANG has also been posting other classic (both from Classic Space and the more recent World City) videos all week long.

This is one of the ones I've got. I was always jealous of Galaxy Explorer but this one was terrific. Still though....I can't help but feel the nose piece is a bit funny.

Zerojul

This is one of the ones I've got. I was always jealous of Galaxy Explorer but this one was terrific. Still though....I can't help but feel the nose piece is a bit funny.
This one is still in a case somewhere in my mom's appartment. The memories ! I need to get all those old parts back to my place sometime.

Avixph

I made a spacemarine earlier in the week, I feel like you guys might dig it:

13455264534_66c235279d_c.jpg

And if anyone wants to make their own here is the frame:

13473219844_0316eb5034_z.jpg

Through a series of unfortunate circumstance, my backpack that I had my lego hedgehog keychain was stolen on Wednesday night.

I tried looking on the lego website and didn't see the keychain anymore. Can someone tell me if it's been retired or just available in-store? I won't be able to go to my local store until probably Sunday so if anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

FillerB

Through a series of unfortunate circumstance, my backpack that I had my lego hedgehog keychain was stolen on Wednesday night.

I tried looking on the lego website and didn't see the keychain anymore. Can someone tell me if it's been retired or just available in-store? I won't be able to go to my local store until probably Sunday so if anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

This one? http://brickset.com/sets/850800-1

According to Brickset the US shop had it until December. You could get one through BrickLink I suppose.

I do hope it passes because it would prove that LEGO should consider Doctor Who due to its popularity, but didn't they say due to the Ghostbuster sets, that only the first one that makes it to 10K supporters will be considered.

That is true, but these are different enough IMO. Both Ghostbusters were the car and Ghostbuster minifigs. We'll see what the ruling is because I like this 2nd Dr. Who project better. Both have the TARDIS, but it opening up and the design are different. I think this will be another first for Cuusoo to make a decision on.

Yep, that's it all right. Guess I'll have to resort to online if they were last in stock in the US in December (which is when I bought it lol).

Thanks.

I'll take a look at my local LEGO store to see if they still have them.

mojiimbo

Thanks.
If you can find it it's on clearance for like $1.50. The store here had them on sale since around Black Friday. It was only until a week or two ago that they finally sold out.

If you can find it it's on clearance for like $1.50. The store here had them on sale since around Black Friday. It was only until a week or two ago that they finally sold out.

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. I'm hoping that there are some at my local store, but those were strangely popular so it's a toss-up right now.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone else think that LEGO should pick up the Peanuts license?

I really, really would love a Peanuts CMF series, or at least a few sets :)

With the movie coming it would be fantastic.

CBexh_gang_608.jpg

Redeco of the Sopwith Camel but with Snoopy. Snoopy Dog House. Great Pumpkin Patch set for Halloween and of course a Peanuts Christmas set. Yea I would be down with that.

Now, how about some Godzilla sets...

Rootbeer

Banned
Redeco of the Sopwith Camel but with Snoopy. Snoopy Dog House. Great Pumpkin Patch set for Halloween and of course a Peanuts Christmas set. Yea I would be down with that.

Now, how about some Godzilla sets...
Really liking the sound of that! Make it happen, LEGO.
$75 eh? Now to decide on something I don't already own... and without resorting to the $300 sets -__-

Will the Rebels sets be available from May 3 - 5th? I know they are "summer" sets... or is that later? :(

Anyone have a link to the full May flier?

Not the UCS version (and if I'm honest with myself, I have absolutely zero room for it) but the Falcon will be mine. I'm a sucker for Han Solo minifigs.

...unless I crack and bend over for the Sandcrawler.

Not the UCS version (and if I'm honest with myself, I have absolutely zero room for it) but the Falcon will be mine. I'm a sucker for Han Solo minifigs.

...unless I crack and bend over for the Sandcrawler.
Get Super Star Destroyer or R2 now since they are next on chopping block. You will have time for Sandcrawler.

Get Super Star Destroyer or R2 now since they are next on chopping block. You will have time for Sandcrawler.

I'd love to but I really have zero room... Even my Quinjet is pushing it, but I'll make an exception for the smaller version of the Falcon.

The Sandcrawler frightens me due to scale actually.

I'd love to but I really have zero room... Even my Quinjet is pushing it, but I'll make an exception for the smaller version of the Falcon.

The Sandcrawler frightens me due to scale actually.
Falcon footprint is a bit bigger than Quinjet. It is an awesome set. An iconic ship, fun build, and awesome figures.

Super Star Destroyer has the longest footprint of anything right now. A magnificent beast.

R2 actually has a very tiny footprint. He is a few inches smaller in each direction than Quinjet. He is just taller.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Falcon footprint is a bit bigger than Quinjet. It is an awesome set. An iconic ship, fun build, and awesome figures.

Super Star Destroyer has the longest footprint of anything right now. A magnificent beast.

R2 actually has a very tiny footprint. He is a few inches smaller in each direction than Quinjet. He is just taller.

In fairness to the SSD, it's perfectly sized to go on the top of any bookcase or shelf.

ghostmind

I need to figure out which Star Wars sets to get now. I already bought all the Microfighters too.

Are the summer wave sets releasing during this time?

Summer wave sets won't hit until June at the earliest, but probably July/August.

I'm going with the Sandcrawler for one Darth Revan, and then a couple Winter sets for a second. I've only picked up the Microfighters and two battle packs so far, so I have a lot to still get from that wave. May get a couple more for a third Revan... undecided on that so far.

Good to know and looking at my current shelf, as I kinda figured, I can go wide but not tall. So looks like even though the Falcon is wider than the Quinjet, I think the Flying Hamburger has enough clearance when resting on top of my stack of books (they're all lying flat).

If I was comfortable with R2 being on the floor, I might get him but we'll see. I'll check out R2 when I next go to the store.

In fairness to the SSD, it's perfectly sized to go on the top of any bookcase or shelf.

Truth. It isn't terribly tall either, so top of bookcases are prime space for that beast.

Good to know and looking at my current shelf, as I kinda figured, I can go wide but not tall. So looks like even though the Falcon is wider than the Quinjet, I think the Flying Hamburger has enough clearance when resting on top of my stack of books (they're all lying flat).

If I was comfortable with R2 being on the floor, I might get him but we'll see. I'll check out R2 when I next go to the store.
If you want frame of reference for putting R2 anywhere, he is roughly the size of a blender. Just a hair wider. But a lil bit shorter. But a blender is close enough for reference.

Top Bottom