• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Truth. It isn't terribly tall either, so top of bookcases are prime space for that beast.

If you want frame of reference for putting R2 anywhere, he is roughly the size of a blender. Just a hair wider. But a lil bit shorter. But a blender is close enough for reference.

I think I might have room for him then, assuming he's heavy enough to be a bookend for some of my manga... Hmm...

So Toys r Us is having a sale in Sweden, 25% off everything. I was eyeing Pet Shop from there... but just before it starts, it goes out of stock. Suspicious much? I'd understand if it went out of stock just after...

neonglow

So Toys r Us is having a sale in Sweden, 25% off everything. I was eyeing Pet Shop from there... but just before it starts, it goes out of stock. Suspicious much? I'd understand if it went out of stock just after...

That used to happen in the US but nowadays they just make it ineligible with a bunch of other exclusives.

Zerojul

Taiko no Tatsujin to go outside my Taito Station;
This is absolutely lovely <3

QvHt8W1.jpg
Cool, now I need to choose which sets to buy. I've heard there are supposed to be discounts for the May the 4th event. Is that on SW sets only ( I know the minifig offer is ) ?
When should we know how much and on which sets those discounts will be ? I would hate to use one for double VIP next month only to see it discounted in May :(

Features heavily in Knights of the Old Republic, the astoundingly brilliant BioWare game that eventually led to the MMO. One of my favourite games ever.
Thanks for the clarification. I kinda feel ashamed I still haven't played Kotor to this day. I need to make time to play it. I've heard nothing but praise about this game...

Summer wave sets won't hit until June at the earliest, but probably July/August.

I'm going with the Sandcrawler for one Darth Revan, and then a couple Winter sets for a second. I've only picked up the Microfighters and two battle packs so far, so I have a lot to still get from that wave. May get a couple more for a third Revan... undecided on that so far.

I picked up most of the Star Wars set already from when TRU had the sale (and still price the new Star Wars set at MSRP). I think I am getting Ewok Village but I am really tempted for the Sandcrawler. But Phon is right, Super SD is definitely on the chopping block, my don't see it at my local LEGO store anymore.

Fowler

Thanks for the clarification. I kinda feel ashamed I still haven't played Kotor to this day. I need to make time to play it. I've heard nothing but praise about this game...

It's great. It's on iOS and it's not a bad port. Not a big fan of virtual thumbsticks but they work well in this case. It has a really slow start, but totally picks up once you're off the first planet...

Anyway, Revan = awesome. Can't believe they went there for a promo minifig, but so happy.

Loving all these <3

My favorite yet. So awesome.

This is absolutely lovely <3

Thank you. I think I still need to work a bit on them but the general idea is there. Now I'm working on banks of Astro City/Candy cabs for my fighting games floor.

Sneak peek of the front of my Taito Station. I've got 3 orders in on BL and another 3 to do so should be able to start the build in about 2 weeks I think.

I've gone for a 32x32 plate for the main building then n 8x32 for the side building which houses escalators. I'm not sure yet but it will either be hinged or just operate like a modular but there will be no wall between the large and small parts.

Yay Revan!! I had a horrible feeling they were going to make him a comic con exclusive.
NOW MAKE EBON HAWK

You technically could MOC the Ebon Hawk from probably the Millennium Falcon actually...

Personally, I need a Bastilla, Jolee & HK-47 minifigs but probably doable with using some of the existing SW character; HK probably needs a bit of work though.

I spoke with a LEGO store employee on Thursday about this very thing and they said they didn't think that particular promo would end up being Benny's Spaceship.

I know it is due in June, but I dont think it is supposed to be an exclusive so what you heard makes sense.

I am trying to think of what is due soon that could get a release in May. The rumored Mini Cooper? Mini Modulars 2?

I know it is due in June, but I dont think it is supposed to be an exclusive so what you heard makes sense.

I am trying to think of what is due soon that could get a release in May. The rumored Mini Cooper? Mini Modulars 2?

Mini Modulars 2 would make me so happy. Is this even a thing they're confirmed to be making at some point or just wishful thinking?

Zerojul

If there's a Mini Cooper and it's as enjoyable as the VW van I would be quite pleased. I really hope it's more than a rumor !

Anyone think it's worth holding out for a superhero sale or just pick up the new captain America n red skull set? My Target has a ton n I'm a little worried they'll disappear soon due to the movie.

Also for the may 4th fig does the purchase have to be $75 strictly Star Wars? Or like have one Star Wars set and then other sets bought totaling $75 or more?

Anyone think it's worth holding out for a superhero sale or just pick up the new captain America n red skull set? My Target has a ton n I'm a little worried they'll disappear soon due to the movie.

Also for the may 4th fig does the purchase have to be $75 strictly Star Wars? Or like have one Star Wars set and then other sets bought totaling $75 or more?

It is a really nice set and I don't see it getting discounted more than 20% during its life.

Your May 4th purchases need to be Star Wars to be eligible, yes.

Oh man. I just realized I have to fly to Texas on May 4th. This will be the first time I have specifically arranged a flight to accommodate a LEGO purchase. Definitely need a couple of those Revans.

Come home tonight to find a LEGO catalog with store leaflet at my door. Confirms double VIP for UK from 1st to 15th April, not sure if this has been confirmed yet?

Voucher is free 3 minifigs when you spend £15 or more.

Also a mysterious adverts for May the Fourth, just says Coming Soon and pic of Darth Vader from the box. Runs from 28th April to 4th May.

neonglow

Come home tonight to find a LEGO catalog with store leaflet at my door. Confirms double VIP for UK from 1st to 15th April, not sure if this has been confirmed yet?

Also a mysterious adverts for May the Fourth, just says Coming Soon and pic of Darth Vader from the box. Runs from 28th April to 4th May.

Can you take a picture of the May 4th stuff? I think the voucher with 3 free minifigs is unique to Europe. We usually don't get that here unless it's a store opening.

neonglow

Here ya go;

Bonus pic;

Catalog has new format, smaller but I think easier to read. Modulars show only Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant with a faded Town Hall only making an appearance in a group shot.

Thanks. I wish we got the minifigure deal in the states. They're $10 here.

My local stores have plenty I don't think they are going to be that difficult ... it's Captain America. The set I have hard time finding locally here is the Flash. All three Targets by me are all out and I don't see it at TRU last week when I went.

Ponn

Banned
Batman's adventures continue!

side view

I only work in black. And sometimes dark grey. And sometimes yellow, and orange..oh screw it i'm going to Starbucks.

One of my few gripes about this Batmobile is how the canopy isn't hinged but you just have to pop it off and on. Really, it's a minor gripe because most people have multiple Batmans once he is in there he probably isn't coming out anyways. I do like how the steering wheel can pivot back and forward though.

The old banana in the tail pipe trick. Some people will get that, and show their age unfortunately.

He's for everyone of us
Stand for everyone of us

Let's be honest, the REAL reason people are getting this set.

Now just another minor little gripe but this happened alot in the instruction book and it was getting annoying
and this was the very next page

Just, why? This happened quite a few times in both books and just seemed like wasted steps that could have been combined.

Anyways, very few gripes. Riddler drag racer is very meh. Looks fragile and is, just picking it up and moving it something usually falls out or off. That spoiler build was bad. I might have tried to improve it but the overall vehicle is so lackluster why bother.

The batmobile on the other hand was a complete surprise and I really liked it. Alot bigger then I thought it would be. Big ass intimidating tires, slick look that is close to current comic book batmobile and definitely looks alot like the one from the upcoming game so people will like that. Really like the way the flick missle battery can be hidden. About as long as the Two Face chase classic batmobile from fin to front but definitely wider and bigger. About same heft though which the Two Face one was surprisingly heavy to begin with so this one feels about right and rolls really nice. Overall if you missed the Two Face classic Batmobile and want one for $30 and you get the Flash fig this is a really really great set.

Finally got to see the Lego Movie here in Australia. Oh my. It's everything I ever hoped and more. Funny, touching, epic and much more. I need to go see it again right now.

Rootbeer

Banned
p1EwwWn.png

Thought it was cool :)

Elsewhere on the net when I see LEGO discussion (outside of afol-centric sites), it usually veers either towards Vintage Space or Unikity-inspired Cloud Kingdom builds. Both are really popular right now.

Finally got to see the Lego Movie here in Australia. Oh my. It's everything I ever hoped and more. Funny, touching, epic and much more. I need to go see it again right now.

In other words, everything is awesome?

p1EwwWn.png

Thought it was cool :)

Elsewhere on the net when I see LEGO discussion (outside of afol-centric sites), it usually veers either towards Vintage Space or Unikity-inspired Cloud Kingdom builds. Both are really popular right now.

That is really cool.

Great great great news. My bank account will be terrorised though haha

Do all vip members get this voucher?

I'm hoping double points will actually apply in Sweden as well. And it wouldn't hurt to get those extra figures? Any other deals to expect?

The Swedish S@H still lists Martian Manhunter so they don't seem to have ran out. If it's still in stock in April, will they send it along?

Well, it turned out that plenty of pieces that I was planning to get from Bricklink are actually cheaper directly from S@H, especially basic dark blue pieces. So I put together an order to go with my April purchases (a good thing that you can save a PAB order in your cart). And then I started adding stuff just so that I won't need to track them down separately for just 1 or 2 of each. Ultimately just the PAB order qualified for free shipping + MM, so I sent it off now. That's probably a MM secured and 54 of 134 planned lots taken care of.

Tuvoc

Picked up Doc Ock truck heist a few days ago, and for the first time ever in my 29 years of existence, LEGO sent me a wrong part. Instead of 4 grey "lightsaber tubes"(I have no idea what they're called) they sent me 3 of those and the tube piece for a flick-fire missile. Which this set has none of.

I'm not even the slightest bit upset considering how many sets i've bought over my lifetime and how this has never happened. Even though I've probably panicked at least 50 times over the years, scouring my box for a part thinking "Damnit! LEGO screwed me! They forgot to giv....oh there it is..."

Great great great news. My bank account will be terrorised though haha

Do all vip members get this voucher?

Not certain as I used to get 10% vouchers but have not had anything for the last few issues.

Did a little more work on my Taito Station arcade, mostly on the contents but also got the escalator done. Modified from Grand Emporium;

Getting there with GF;

DM coming on nicely;

Taiko no Tatsujin;

Family shot;

Tuvoc

One of my few gripes about this Batmobile is how the canopy isn't hinged but you just have to pop it off and on. Really, it's a minor gripe because most people have multiple Batmans once he is in there he probably isn't coming out anyways. I do like how the steering wheel can pivot back and forward though.

There's a mod in a review of this set on the EB forums that adds a hinge to the canopy. I highly recommend it to anyone getting this set.

Top Bottom