• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
Someone was asking about the joker steamroller set earlier in the thread and I've just finished it up now. The steamroller is amazing to display and I'm sure kids would love to play with it. The selection of figures is amazing.

The so so part the the bat wing. Not a very interesting build and until halfway through the build is very flimsy as about two long sections of about 20 odd bricks are joined together by just one 4x1 brink. The fiinished thing is okay but I might like it more than most cause I love black and yellow mixed together (thank you Kill Bill) but it still is overly spikey and has a pointless wing hinge thing that makes no sense to me.

I paid £35 for it which for the steamroller and the minifigs is a very good price for me. Probably to get on sale or just reside to the fact that half of this set will just be used as spare parts.

That would be me. I'm rethinking getting it mainly because i'm working on something that I could use the batwing pieces for making it useful for something. And i'd prefer Batgirl without a hole in her head.

I've been debating getting the Sea Cow during double points but I would like to complete my Mixel collection and get a couple super hero sets. I'm strongly considering saving my money from Sea Cow and dipping my toes into Star Wars with the AT AT, Snow Speeder and maybe Imperial Star Destroyer when they come out.

So close to possibly buying Dol Buldor Battle as a gift for myself for finishing my thesis defense tomorrow.... I think I'll wait till I finish the defense to decide..

also, the new TMNT sets seem to be something military MOC people are going to want a ton of, not because of the colors, but because of the legs, torsos, and heads of the new Foot Soldiers.

neonglow

PSA: Target has all creator and city set at 20% off.

It also includes Disney Princess and Juniors.

If you have the Target Cartwheel app, there's a coupon to save another 10% off any toy!

With a Target Red Card, it turns out to be a 32% discount. Combo all the savings!

Well, after nearly 30 years of life and Lego, I finally got a set with a wrong piece. I'm building the Haunted House and I'm on the second floor and instead of the last grey brick-pattern brick for the chimney, they swapped it out with one of those other rounded/indented pieces used in the chimney. Damn.

I can finish the build since there's a comparable part there but I'm absolutely gonna request a missing piece from their site.

I see in The Simpsons' house that the toilet paper is hung in the proper underhand fashion and it is no longer a squalid hellhole. Child Protective Services has already visited then.

It also includes Disney Princess and Juniors.

If you have the Target Cartwheel app, there's a coupon to save another 10% off any toy!

With a Target Red Card, it turns out to be a 32% discount. Combo all the savings!

Wow wish I knew this before. Also treehouse was OOS and forgot to claim a raincheck :(

Looks like the 2nd Doctor Who Cuusoo project has reached 10k. If neither Doctor Who project passes, I don't think any Doctor Who project will ever pass. Both have the iconic police box. I like this 2nd Dr. Who project that passed more. We'll see...2 Doctor Who projects passing in such a short time has to tell LEGO there is a demand for this.

Looking at the top 20 Cuusoo projects it doesn't look like there are many interesting entries that have a chance. I ignore the ones that are too huge they will never get made (Goonies, AT-AT, Flying Dutchman, X-Men Mansion, etc).

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/59181
thumb640x360.png

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I see in The Simpsons' house that the toilet paper is hung in the proper underhand fashion and it is no longer a squalid hellhole. Child Protective Services has already visited then.

Underhand is so ghetto. Civilised people use OVER orientation. (The Hotel industry standard is over)

wetwired

Looks like the 2nd Doctor Who Cuusoo project has reached 10k. If neither Doctor Who project passes, I don't think any Doctor Who project will ever pass. Both have the iconic police box. I like this 2nd Dr. Who project that passed more. We'll see...2 Doctor Who projects passing in such a short time has to tell LEGO there is a demand for this.

Looking at the top 20 Cuusoo projects it doesn't look like there are many interesting entries that have a chance. I ignore the ones that are too huge they will never get made (Goonies, AT-AT, Flying Dutchman, X-Men Mansion, etc).

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/59181
thumb640x360.png

Either the first one will get through or none, all others have no chance. They changed the rules since the last round.

I have zero interest in Dr Who so I couldn't care less if it gets through or not.

kapowza

using a white card door piece for bogroll was one of my favorite bits of that build :lol:

Today's haul:

ntwGwhL.jpg

Well, the MM arrived early because Lego are crazy and shipped him separately from the PAB order. I'm probably saving the Pet Shop until my friends can stop by and build it with me. The Rover is for tonight.

Also, I decided to use the Angelica hat for a custom figure because apparently I hate money.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Today's haul:

ntwGwhL.jpg

Well, the MM arrived early because Lego are crazy and shipped him separately from the PAB order. I'm probably saving the Pet Shop until my friends can stop by and build it with me. The Rover is for tonight.

Also, I decided to use the Angelica hat for a custom figure because apparently I hate money.

If I am not mistaken I see some Cafe Corner pieces in there.

Medieval battle pack set on sale.

$7.49 (which is 38% of MSRP)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CNC3QUY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

With the sale, a much better value than the LEGO store exclusive battle packs (below). The LEGO store battles packs do include 1 knight which the above set does not have.

Each ~ $15

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Castle-Knights-Accessory-Set-850888?fromListing=listing
850888-1.jpg

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Castle-Dragons-Accessory-Set-850889?fromListing=listing
850889-1.jpg

A heads up for UK gaf. Toys R Us are doing a deal where if you spend £40 on Lego you get a £10 lego gift voucher. After doing various online checks over the last few months for Lego I've found them to usually match or just be slightly above amazon with their pricing. Plus you can use quidco with toys R Us.

I'm going to pick up the Riddler and flash chase set (my friend at work is going to buy the vehicles off me, I just want the minifigs) and also the Arctic batman set with Mr Freeze and Aquaman. It'll bring me just over £40.

Either the first one will get through or none, all others have no chance. They changed the rules since the last round.

I have zero interest in Dr Who so I couldn't care less if it gets through or not.

Understood. The first one to reach 10k has priority/comes first if both are the same. They both are the TARDIS and control room, but I feel that the 2nd project is different enough to merit separate consideration. The 2nd one has a much greater play feature and display feature. We'll find out soon enough.

Any opinions on the current top Cuusoo projects? All the best current projects close to 10k are huge and very unlikely to get made. The rest are kinda meh.

ghostmind

And you could name the ship!

Sail ho! Early next year a new ship will set sails on the LEGO waters joining Brickbeard’s Bounty and the Black Sea’s Barracuda in the never ending search for treasure. And do you want to know something really awesome? You can help name it! That is right. This is a contest for finding the best name for a LEGO Pirate Ship. Aye, Matey!
From April 7th until April 13st, we invite you to take part in a ‘naming’ competition. The name must be original and cannot have been used before in other commercial relations. You can only suggest five (5) names – so make sure to do some research before suggesting a name.

The Who, What, Where and Why:
•The contest is open to all users 16 years and older holding a ReBrick account.
•To submit an entry: Write your suggestion as a comment to this blog post. You can only suggest five (5) different names. Non-commercial names only.
•The contest begins April 7nd 2014 at 9:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) (that’s 15:00 Central European Time). Entries submitted to ReBrick before this date and time will not be accepted into the contest. The competition is open for submissions until April 13st, 2014 at 8:59 A.M. EST (14:59 CET).
•Official Judging will begin at 9:00 A.M. EST on April 14th 2014 and will end at 9:00 A.M. EST on April 30th 2013.
•The team of judges will review the names and select one (1) grand prize winner. The names will be reviewed based on creativity, originality and relation to theme.

The jury will consist of:
•Frederikke Hoff, Community Editor at the LEGO Group
•Nicholas Groves, Creative Design Lead
•Bjarke Lykke Madsen, Senior Designer

All entries and entrants must follow the ReBrick House Rules.

We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow the official rules. Any form of cheating will result in a banning of user profile from ReBrick.

PRIZES

One (1) grand winner will receive a prize of:
•The chance to have your name suggestion be the name of the actual LEGO pirate ship.
•A signed version of the undisclosed pirate set

Please read the rules in full here.

Happy naming! Let your inner pirate out… Arrr!!

-Peter, Sara, and Freddie of the ReBrick Team

http://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/BottomMenu/Blog/pirate-ship.aspx

(sidebar: I have heard that the Pirates theme will actually return late this year)

Zerojul

On the 25th Anniversary since its debut, prepare to set sail once more...

CuyORf4.jpg
I totally missed out on the PotC sets and they reached cosmic level pricing now, so I would absolutely be down for a nice classic pirate ship. I could pair it with the Sea Cow for some fun scening :)

hmmblah

Heads up if anyone has a K-mart close by. Clearance toys were all 50% off yesterday, not sure how long that lasts.

Ended up getting Battle at the Black Gate for $27 (sadly, only 1 left) and An Unexpected Gathering for $31.50. I already have it so a friend who doesn't is getting a great deal.

tyHZL5W.jpg

jpatez34

Neo Member
So I'm due a nice refund this week, and I need help deciding which set to buy.

Choices are:

Metal Beards Sea Cow

Parisian Restuarant

Simpsons House

I'm also planning to get Cloud Cocoo Land and one of the Double build LEGO Movie sets.

Heads up if anyone has a K-mart close by. Clearance toys were all 50% off yesterday, not sure how long that lasts.

Ended up getting Battle at the Black Gate for $27 (sadly, only 1 left) and An Unexpected Gathering for $31.50. I already have it so a friend who doesn't is getting a great deal.

tyHZL5W.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Theres one down the block from where I work so I'm gonna hopefully snag up some goodies.

On the 25th Anniversary since its debut, prepare to set sail once more...

CuyORf4.jpg

My wallet audibly winced.

However, I'm assuming it's a regular series of sets and I'll probably skip all of those unless they're doing some heavy nostalgia with updated Eldorado Fortress and such. But if there are one or two Imperial Flagship quality ships, they are bought. No matter the price.

rallaren

Pirates definitely a favorite with Space and Western (+Monster Fighters)

And here's my first set in weeks. Finally decied to get it.:

e1YC61s.jpg

I don't get the love for the Quinjet. It's pretty ugly. It's been 50% off for the last year or so in Australia which is extremely rare. We usually get brief periods of 25% discount at best.

The Sith Interceptor is a much better set.

I'll agree that on surface, the Quinjet looks fairly boring. But I truly appreciated it during the building process. And the fact that I enjoy the new Marvel films and it really begins to shine.

And yes, the Sith Fury-Class Intercepter is awesome and I think it's the better of the two sets.

neonglow

My wallet audibly winced.

However, I'm assuming it's a regular series of sets and I'll probably skip all of those unless they're doing some heavy nostalgia with updated Eldorado Fortress and such. But if there are one or two Imperial Flagship quality ships, they are bought. No matter the price.

While the ships are nice, I'd love to see more building playsets. Anyone think the builds for these new sets will be simplified like how the new Castle sets are?

mojiimbo

While the ships are nice, I'd love to see more building playsets. Anyone think the builds for these new sets will be simplified like how the new Castle sets are?
Have there been rumors that 2013 Castle hasn't been doing too hot partly because it was too considered too juvenile and basic? I'm hoping for something close to the majesty of Imperial Flagship since I missed out on that one.

wetwired

Understood. The first one to reach 10k has priority/comes first if both are the same. They both are the TARDIS and control room, but I feel that the 2nd project is different enough to merit separate consideration. The 2nd one has a much greater play feature and display feature. We'll find out soon enough.

Any opinions on the current top Cuusoo projects? All the best current projects close to 10k are huge and very unlikely to get made. The rest are kinda meh.

The guy who did that dr who one just emailed me, he contacted me a while ago asking for advice to get his project to 10k. He was asking if he'd hear anything from lego before the review. He's in for a long wait :)

Of the current 6 approaching 10k I can't see any of them getting through, I'd love to see the wayne manor or x-mansion but they're way to big. Invisible Hand is massive so that won't happen and I get the feeling they won't do any star wars sets so the lightsaber is out of the question.

The best bets are the Piano, which is a long shot as I can't see it having a mass market appeal. The Labyrinth game might have a chance if it were slightly smaller, it's unique at least.

Top Bottom