• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
Found a box of series 10 CMF at Target. Funny cause I go to this location very often and it was never there before. However it got there, was nice cause I don't have many from S10. Bought the last 8 packs.

Dammit, every time I see a box of mixels I have a mini freak out cause it is colored sky blue just like the Simpsons CMF box!

Shouldn't be that much longer...

Finished Market Street. I'll pull down the others to take pictures and figure out a good order for these. First impressions are... meh. Although, that might be because I'm on the third day of a major cold and I feel I should have gotten something divine in return for going to the post office.

wetwired

Market Street?

It was my first modular! Completely overshadowed in subsequent years, but its a nice size. TLG should release some at that cheaper price, id defo buy a few.
I never got market St at the time as I thought it looked hideous. It would be cool if they did half sized ones though. I'd be tempted to make one for cussoo if I had the time. I've always wanted to do a "modular" Park that would fit alongside the buildings.

DemiMatt

My girlfriend surprised me with these yesterday. She is absolutely wonderful, going to be an awesome weekend!

10170769_10154000396525508_8570423334647237615_n.jpg

Experien

My girlfriend surprised me with these yesterday. She is absolutely wonderful, going to be an awesome weekend!

I just built the Turtle Sea Tub this morning and I really like it! Leatherhead is a fun figure and lots of space inside. Definitely feels well made.

I want the minifigs for the 4 Ninja Turtles, but looking at eBay or Amazon I keep finding what I believe to be bootlegs.
Are LEGO bootlegs a huge thing? I'm not talking about Mega Bloks, but actual counterfeits trying to be passed off as LEGO.

I only have interest in the croc/alligator minifig. I prefer the "plain" ninja turtles in the first wave. Builds are better this time around though.

I want the minifigs for the 4 Ninja Turtles, but looking at eBay or Amazon I keep finding what I believe to be bootlegs.

Are LEGO bootlegs a huge thing? I'm not talking about Mega Bloks, but actual counterfeits trying to be passed off as LEGO.

Yes. LEGO bootlegs/counterfeits are huge. I worry someday the counterfeits will be harder to tell apart from the real ones. I don't like counterfeits, but I am also guilty of buying a few (I'm a hypocrite). SillyEskimo from this thread bought some off Amazon and he should be doing a review when he gets them.

SillyEskimo from this thread bought some off Amazon and he should be doing a review when he gets them.

Thanks for reminding me about this. My expected delivery isn't until May. So, about a month from actual purchase on Amazon for my batch of knock offs to arrive. I wanted to warn people about the extra long wait time required to get these (or at least the ones I ordered).

Have a BN member 20% off coupon that expires Sunday. Pm me if anyone wants it. Most stores in my area have the summer stuff. I am out of town so won't be using it. It goes to whomever wants it.

My cat chews on my pieces. Usually he'll just go after the masts or flags on sets I forget to put away, but today he chewed the corner of a couple of 32x32 base plates that were sticking out of a bin. Sucks.

neonglow

after having seen Jangbricks Sea Cow review i sort of feel like i WILL have to purchase this set sooner or later, it really does seem like a great ship all around hmm... hopefully it will come to Amazon cos that price tag really is turning me off unfortunately :(

It's all on Disney. Anna and Elsa have to be inducted as Disney Princesses first before LEGO can make sets based on Frozen.

Aren't they already in the club?

I was at Downtown Disney a couple of days ago and they have ZERO Frozen items. It is insane how popular it is.

On a related note, the LEGO Store in DD no longer has the exclusive sea serpent for sale. Kicking myself for not buying it last year.

Found a box of series 10 CMF at Target. Funny cause I go to this location very often and it was never there before. However it got there, was nice cause I don't have many from S10. Bought the last 8 packs.

Dammit, every time I see a box of mixels I have a mini freak out cause it is colored sky blue just like the Simpsons CMF box!

Shouldn't be that much longer...

Which Target store did you find them at? Some stock employee must've found them sitting in some dark corner in the back. I wonder if that was some other employee's stash.

On a side note: My friend just got into Lego because he watched the Lego Movie a few weeks ago. He placed an online order last week at TRU and bought two Series 10 mystery packs to get his order over $49 to get free shipping. One was Mr. Gold. I didn't believe him but then he sent me a pic. Talk about beginner's luck!

Target has the Defend the Batcave Junior set for 24 bucks, I can't decide on whether I should pull the trigger on it or not. The Batman and Robin that come with it are pretty cool looking

Target has the Defend the Batcave Junior set for 24 bucks, I can't decide on whether I should pull the trigger on it or not. The Batman and Robin that come with it are pretty cool looking

I also want it only for the minifigs as well. It's too pricey at $30, but $24 is a decent price. I'm going to hold out for 30+% off though.

EDIT: Oh, is that price with the cartwheel 10% off already? If not, then you can get an extra 10% off.

I went to Legoland in Schaumburg, IL. It was my first time and it was pretty pathetic overall. They had a single large city display that was way too sparsly populated. It also had *painted and glued* Lego. I was beside myself. All the Lego were dirty too.

Even the Lego store at the end was severely lacking in major sets. (ie: no Death Star, modulars, ect)

I was not impressed at all. I'll post some pics when I get home.

I went to Legoland in Schaumburg, IL. It was my first time and it was pretty pathetic overall. They had a single large city display that was way too sparsly populated. It also had *painted and glued* Lego. I was beside myself. All the Lego were dirty too.

Even the Lego store at the end was severely lacking in major sets. (ie: no Death Star, modulars, ect)

I was not impressed at all. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Is that a Legoland Discovery center? I believe those are not owned by LEGO Group just like Legoland in California and Florida are not owned by LEGO Group anymore.

More rumors of the Mini being the May 15th VIP set, a Santa's Workshop set for the winter, and a park/fair/carnival that's part of the modular line (!!!) over at BrickFan.

There is some news coming out of Dutch retailer Speelgoedn1.nl of some new LEGO sets coming out later this year. The first set is the MINI Cooper MK VII (10242) which we teased about last year. Some details of the set is that it is green and white with racing stripes. The roof is removable and you can see a beige interior with details such as the gearbox and handbrake. The site also mentions that there are also fog lamps. The MINI Cooper is the third vehicle set that is not tied into a particular theme following the Volkswagen Beetle (10187) and the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (10220). It is possible that the MINI Cooper will be available on May 15th as the early VIP exclusive set.

The next set that is mentioned to be released this year is Santa’s Workshop (10245). LEGO will be continuing the Seasonal theme again to add to your Winter Village. This set will have six minifigures: Santa, Mrs. Claus, and four elves.

The final set that is revealed is the Carnival set (10244) which will fit into the Modular theme. Some details of the set includes a glow in the dark feature and has a whopping 12 minifigures including a juggler on stilts, a man dizzy from the ride, two boys, two girls, and more.

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/#sthash.0sfollnX.dpuf

I had no idea Lego did a yearly winter village theme? That is freaking awesome. I was thinking about picking up a bunch of different sized white bricks this fall to coat all my buildings in a layer of snow :p

ghostmind

More rumors of the Mini being the May 15th VIP set, a Santa's Workshop set for the winter, and a park/fair/carnival that's part of the modular line (!!!) over at BrickFan.

I had no idea Lego did a yearly winter village theme? That is freaking awesome. I was thinking about picking up a bunch of different sized white bricks this fall to coat all my buildings in a layer of snow :p

Yeah, the winter village will be going on its 6th year this year. I was starting to cool on it, as it's getting harder to fit them all in a display, but sign me back up for Santa's Workshop!

The carnival rumor makes a lot of sense now. Several months back I had heard that we may be getting a second modular set for 2014. I couldn't see them releasing another building, but this works much better. Hopefully they keep this up in the future, and we get a second non-building modular set each year (such as a park or a small zoo).

Rootbeer

Banned
Which Target store did you find them at? Some stock employee must've found them sitting in some dark corner in the back. I wonder if that was some other employee's stash.

On a side note: My friend just got into Lego because he watched the Lego Movie a few weeks ago. He placed an online order last week at TRU and bought two Series 10 mystery packs to get his order over $49 to get free shipping. One was Mr. Gold. I didn't believe him but then he sent me a pic. Talk about beginner's luck!

That would be remarkable for sure... There are tons of replicas on ebay, he could have bought one to fool you :)

But hey, it's possible.

The Target store in question is out of stock but it was in Richmond, CA

Fairground modular sounds nice, kind of a replacement for Grand Carousel (oh, and there we go with the microfighters). Only problem is that my shelf space will run out twice as fast. It's rather irresponsible of Lego to just lay claim to our homes like that.

Speaking of Frozen, I just watched the bluray. Still an awesome movie. I can't wait to see the sets once they inevitably get produced. I'd assume a sled and some part of an ice castle could be made (transparent pieces ahoy!), but there's tons of beautiful architecture in the movie.

I wonder if this is the final winter set for awhile. Seems like the icing on the cake.
I hope the elves are variations of the CMF elves and not exactly the same.

Fairground modular sounds nice, kind of a replacement for Grand Carousel (oh, and there we go with the microfighters). Only problem is that my shelf space will run out twice as fast. It's rather irresponsible of Lego to just lay claim to our homes like that.

Speaking of Frozen, I just watched the bluray. Still an awesome movie. I can't wait to see the sets once they inevitably get produced. I'd assume a sled and some part of an ice castle could be made (transparent pieces ahoy!), but there's tons of beautiful architecture in the movie.

Yes, I see it being like the Cinderella castle. With the movie being such a hit, it should be the biggest set of the next wave.

gsrjedi

stopped in at a Target and they were out of a couple sets that are on sale and were substituting the Star Wars Homing Spider for the Mountain Hut and the AT-RT for the City Tow Truck. I picked up the AT-RT. Already wanted it, but $14.39 was too cheap to pass up.

stopped in at a Target and they were out of a couple sets that are on sale and were substituting the Star Wars Homing Spider for the Mountain Hut and the AT-RT for the City Tow Truck. I picked up the AT-RT. Already wanted it, but $14.39 was too cheap to pass up.

Was that with the cartwheel coupon thingy for an extra 10% off sales price.
I picked up the Cinderella carriage at Target for 20% (sale) + 10% (cartwheel coupon) + 5% (Red Card) off.

Today is last day for Target Cartwheel 10% off toy coupon. Limit 4 items.

Was that with the cartwheel coupon thingy for an extra 10% off sales price.
I picked up the Cinderella carriage at Target for 20% (sale) + 10% (cartwheel coupon) + 5% (Red Card) off.

Today is last day for Target Cartwheel 10% off toy coupon. Limit 4 items.
It's 4 items per transaction. Limit 6 transactions.

My parents and I for a trip to the Lego Store a few hours ago. We ended up picking up four sets, including the Volkswagen.

That in particular is gonna be a family project for the weekend.

ghostmind

JANG's Flashback Friday for April 11th:

381/588 Police Headquarters (1978)

http://youtu.be/EgCsc0SQR14

This is the first LEGO Police Station to incorporated minifigures. I wasn't aware of its existence back then, but after about a dozen of them since this one, I would love to see LEGO explore other City locations instead.

Top Bottom