• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

The Brickset app on the iPad never loads my "wanted" and "owned" lists. Both work on my iPhone....has anybody else had this problem?

Edit:
Speaking of Brickset, I just saw this. Do we know if this is part of a new initiative? Perhaps a fast-thinking TLG response to the ridiculous Rainbow Loom craze.

6043183-1.jpg

Disassembling sets takes a lot of time. That is all I have been doing for days now. And doing so also shows me that I need more storage for bricks now too. Ugh. At the same time, it feels good to remove some of the LEGO clutter from around the small apartment. And I am sure my wife is glad for the removed clutter.

Love the giant Geoffrey head, it goes well with TRU lawnmower.

cPa5b0ll.jpg

Geoffrey is very friendly too. I talk to mine when I have issues.

In last thread, someone asked about if I was getting a LEGO room at my new place. I opted for a mobile LEGO solution so I could move it to the garage if needed (which I may use one of the bays for a general storage and LEGO workshop. Being mobile means I also can move it to the office or dining room table to use either as a workspace.

I just unpacked and placed on shelving. I need to modify the arrangement a bit, but this is my LEGO solution for now. Photos of back and front.

Geoffrey is very friendly too. I talk to mine when I have issues.

In last thread, someone asked about if I was getting a LEGO room at my new place. I opted for a mobile LEGO solution so I could move it to the garage if needed (which I may use one of the bays for a general storage and LEGO workshop. Being mobile means I also can move it to the office or dining room table to use either as a workspace.

I just unpacked and placed on shelving. I need to modify the arrangement a bit, but this is my LEGO solution for now. Photos of back and front.

I need a wheeled solution as well. Perhaps when we move next year, because for now it will not work. That is a great set up though.

One you could only buy one of sets, which would you choose?

Haunted House OR Town Hall?

Like...ever?

That's a tough one. Town Hall is a titan on main street. Grocers and pet enthusiasts alike look up to its towering bell and long for admittance. Is that Batman they see gazing down upon them like a tortured protector from above? Judging from 100% of the Town Hall setups I've seen it probably is, yes.

Haunted house is smaller, has better details, rarely has Batman and doesn't really mesh with other sets the way Town Hall does.

Town Hall's build is a bit boring after the first floor but it really does look amazing when it's completed. Haunted House is the reverse in that it starts lame and gets amazing.

If I was ranking HH in terms of the other modulars (still haven't finished Palace Cinema) I'd say:

Fire Brigade < Haunted House < Town Hall < Grand Emporium < Pet Shop

I suspect PC will fall between Fire Brigade and Haunted House based on the first bag.

Edit: Looks like I'm the only one voting for TH. Honestly, I'm probably saying that because I like the modular line quite a bit. As a standalone piece HH holds up far better.

Your modular collection will not be complete without Town Hall. But Haunted House is the far better set.

Haunted House.

Most of use here already have incomplete modular collection. If LEGO doesn't slow down with so much good stuff, it's better we accept we can miss a modular or two. I've been planning on getting Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, and Cinema, but LEGO keeps coming out with other stuff like Haunted House and Arkham Asylum to name a couple. With Parisian Restaurant around the corner, I may have to choose to skip one or two modulars. SLOW DOWN LEGO!

New Obi Wan figure.

x7ve9T9.jpg

Not being a Star Wars LEGO expert, what's new about it? His tunic? I can live without getting all the variations.

Why do all new figures recently look like knockoffs?

I blame China. Did PAB the other day and I swear the quality is lower on some of those parts. I hope LEGO gets their factory up and running in China so they can use their special ABS pellets and improve on the quality.

Most of use here already have incomplete modular collection. If LEGO doesn't slow down with so much good stuff, it's better we accept we can miss a modular or two. I've been planning on getting Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, and Cinema, but LEGO keeps coming out with other stuff like Haunted House and Arkham Asylum to name a couple. With Parisian Restaurant around the corner, I may have to choose to skip one or two modulars. SLOW DOWN LEGO!

Not being a Star Wars LEGO expert, what's new about it? His tunic? I can live without getting all the variations.

I blame China. Did PAB the other day and I swear the quality is lower on some of those parts. I hope LEGO gets their factory up and running in China so they can use their special ABS pellets and improve on the quality.

I don't usually notice the differences, but I took a look at the Series 3 Samurai and it's scary how his body is almost transparent.

rallaren

8WcsgYC.jpg

There we go. It's a great playset. I bought it for the lion head and bridge feature, it looks good too. I don't have much to comment about the build.. Vampyre Castle was better of the two.

As someone who has spent far too much time and money digging in the crates, this is really impressive.
That is very diggable.

You know what's a pain in the ass? Removing TONS of these things from holes:
4568385.jpg

Sorry, but my fingers are so sore from taking apart so many Galaxy Squad bugs this afternoon.

wetwired

sharbhund

I swear I've seen this one aaaages ago, but it just showed up on brothers brick so it must be new.

Regardless the most impressive detail is that speaker, so good.

How the hell is he holding those blue turntable bases together in the bottom of the frame?

I was wondering the same. The builder answers that in the comments:

Two Travis bricks on the bottom corners. The two halves are connected by a pneumatic T. And the LPs are actually just 1x2 tiles resting on top. :)

Kryten

In a remarkable turn of events, the Star Wars and City Christmas advent calendars have made it to retail here in NZ and I was able to get the City one for 25% off, which was nice. On the day my Minecraft Nether and Village sets arrived from the government owned freight forwarding service, as well :)

They just put a pink nose on the wolf helmet and gave him wings. No thanks.

Mould is reasonably different than the wolf helmet, but I do understand the lack of interest for most for the Chima minifigs. I have mixed feelings about them going with a helmet vs full head mould. Helmet allows a bit more reusability, but full head mould would look better.

I am honestly looking forward to the insect chima sets though... I miss some good lego Insect designs (see Bohrok)

Yes. More insects please. Biggest issue I have is most of the Chima heads have too much decoration to be reused as generic animal heads.

Nobody talking about PANDA suit guy? LEGO is not far from releasing more animals IMO (non-Friends and non-Duplo).

ghostmind

Some of the 2014 CITY sets:

AVouyBx.jpg

All of the 2014 Great Vehicles line is shown here, with a couple 2013 sets mixed in as well.

60053 Race Car (lower right)
60054 Light Repair Truck (middle - orange color)
60055 Monster Truck (flying over the middle in green)
60056 Tow Truck (middle in blue)
60057 Camper Van with Canoe (lower left)
60058 Jeep with Boat (lower middle)
60059 Logging Truck (upper left in the trees)
60060 Auto Transporter (upper right, yellow cab)
60061 Airport Fire Truck (top right in red)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

AVouyBx.jpg

All of the 2014 Great Vehicles line is shown here, with a couple 2013 sets mixed in as well.

I'm thinking the tow truck is the one in orange in the back, and that the blue vehicle in the middle is part of the monster truck set.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

AVouyBx.jpg

Sooooo sexy. I will be getting most of these sets. They are all pretty much right up my alley with the fire truck being the exception. Log truck, town truck and repair truck and transport truck are all amazing!!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

AVouyBx.jpg

Sorry for all the posts. Is that a cow and a baby goat I see on the left side? Are they new? Farm set or something?

Top Bottom