• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

wetwired

I wonder if Brent got any explanation from LEGO that he just couldn't share yet? At least, I hope he did. It'd be a bit shitty if they just sorta rejected it and the first he found out about it was, um, here.

I got an email this morning telling me it didn't pass, no more information than that though. I wasn't really surprised though based on other licensed (that LEGO already has the rights to) submissions that didn't pass.

I got an email this morning telling me it didn't pass, no more information than that though. I wasn't really surprised though based on other licensed (that LEGO already has the rights to) submissions that didn't pass.

I'm not surprised either, but congrats again on making the cut for review. Rest assured knowing that the rest of the world loves your Tumbler.

neonglow

Since we're on the subject of Winter Village sets, has anyone that built the Winter Village Toy Shop know if it has any rare pieces? I missed out on buying it and want to Bricklink it.

10199-1.jpg

Since we're on the subject of Winter Village sets, has anyone that built the Winter Village Toy Shop know if it has any rare pieces? I missed out on buying it and want to Bricklink it.

10199-1.jpg

I bought it (and loved it) last year but I wasn't paying attention to any rare pieces. It has a light brick but those are really common.

ghostmind

10199-1.jpg

The gold star is only available in that set, and one other WV set.

4288245, White Pavilion 6X3X5 is quite rare in white.

4529682: Under Carriage 1X4 is quite rare in grey.

4549434: Plate 2X4, 3Xø4.9 only exists in this set in green.

That's an interesting breakdown. I didn't know about the star.

ghostmind

LEGO-GAF: Did you guys spot anything in the HQ shots in the CUUSOO video that might reveal new sets, similar to Orthanc's accidental debut? Anything stand out in any of those shots? I saw a couple of odd sets, but my knowledge is nowhere NEAR as advanced as most of the other posters in this thread!

I had a cursory look earlier, but I'm going to get more in-depth later tonight.

rataven

10199-1.jpg

Village Toy Shop is still my favorite set from this theme. The tree makes a really great centerpiece for the whole village display. Definitely worth bricklinking!

And I don't know if you, or anyone else, is interested in buying this new, but I have an extra. Never opened. I should probably stick a listing over in the marketplace thread. Have a few other items I'm looking to sell too.

neonglow

Thanks. I might try and tackle this as my next Bricklink project. I'm mostly interested in the building and the tree. It looks like the building won't be hard to Bricklink.

Thanks for the replies. Got the 360 version of the game w/ the fig. Also picked up that DVD with the Young Han fig for $8. No polys.

You guys get crazy deals. The Kmart in this plaza has that Hobbit Creator game for $15!!

Almost 400 pieces.

neonglow

And I don't know if you, or anyone else, is interested in buying this new, but I have an extra. Never opened. I should probably stick a listing over in the marketplace thread. Have a few other items I'm looking to sell too.

I'm interested in buying or trading for this set. I'll send you a PM.

LEGO CUUSOO Winter 2012, Spring & Summer 2013 Review Results: Announcing LEGO CUUSOO #006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-NTCGA5uKE&feature=youtu.be

It's the Exosuit

38_Exo-Suit_product_en.png

It didn't occur to me until now. I'd be extremely happy if they include a red or white classic space minifig with this set. I think we're all expecting a classic space minifig for the movie CMF or sets.. Hopefully we get a full red, white, and blue. Yellow would be nice too, but he's the lowest on my list of fav classic minifigs.

ghostmind

A figure from the LEGO Movie has leaked. It's a recolored Luchador from CMF Series 1. Ignore the cape, lightning thing and car. It's from the same reseller that leaked the Ninjago figures.

b25eb090ea6e6cd961ee6703c951c1.jpg

Njt3zoz.jpg

Here's the luchador (on the left) in the LEGO Movie trailer:

CnzBm2a.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Village Toy Shop is still my favorite set from this theme. The tree makes a really great centerpiece for the whole village display. Definitely worth bricklinking!

I'm interested in buying or trading for this set. I'll send you a PM.

Damn, I was to slow. I am also interested in it if neon falls through for some reason.

R-User!

WV Toy Shop is Jamie set.

That's cool. Too bad I don't have it. My WV world starts with Bakery on forward.

P.S. package sent on thur the 17th, so I THINK it should be there by the end of this week... But I just reminded myself just now, I need to find out why the post office credited me with the same amount that they charged me when I shipped it last thursday. If you get it let me know, otherwise I'll let you know what's going on as soon as I know what's up... :)

Edit: which should be tomorrow after
I research my receipts and head to the post office...

ghostmind

That's cool. Too bad I don't have it. My WV world starts with Bakery on forward.

P.S. package sent on thur the 17th, so I THINK it should be there by the end of this week... But I just reminded myself just now, I need to find out why the post office credited me with the same amount that they charged me when I shipped it last thursday. If you get it let me know, otherwise I'll let you know what's going on as soon as I know what's up... :)

Did you get my shipment yet?

ruxtpin

Banned
Hah. My order for the Marvel game arrived from Wal-Mart and there were Beyblade flyers tossed in the package.

Those things are pretty dangerous :p

Does anyone on GAF happen to have the Holiday Train? I've been eyeing it forever and would really like to add it to my village theme, but am curious to know if it's worth paying the aftermarket price for.

Ogch3P0l.jpg

I don't have it, but everything I've read indicates that it definitely isn't worth the $400 price it gets these days.

That having been said I think I will probably try to track it down next year. It isn't an official "Winter Village" set, but it's still amazing looking imo.

Ryuuroden

It didn't occur to me until now. I'd be extremely happy if they include a red or white classic space minifig with this set. I think we're all expecting a classic space minifig for the movie CMF or sets.. Hopefully we get a full red, white, and blue. Yellow would be nice too, but he's the lowest on my list of fav classic minifigs.

honestly the first thing that came to mind when I saw that was "Oh shiiii, red space man!"

R-User!

Did you get my shipment yet?

Oh I'm sorry, I think I got it last Wednesday, which is why I sent out yours the following day :/ (Thursday--busy week).

But, I vowed NOT to build it until you got my shipment cuz I felt that was my penance for being about a week late sending it out, lol.

Edit: I looked up the tracking number on USPS, and it says that it is being processed in Customs as of 10/23/13 at 9:10 pm. Do you think I should send you the number I used to look it up on USPS's Tracking site so that maybe you could call Customs on your end to have them allow you to pick it up? I'm not sure how this works as far as international shipping is concerned once Customs gets involved...

Njt3zoz.jpg

Here's the luchador (on the left) in the LEGO Movie trailer:

CnzBm2a.jpg

Wait! I see a PANDA!!! I will have a dozen of those please.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Panda_Suit_Guy

TH9MYBTl.jpg

I saw these at TRU, I never seen them before so they are new to me. I am tempted to get Zombie and military one to try out.

That was created by a 12 yr old. Well, it was his idea and I'm sure he got help from parents to make it happen. Good for him, but makes me feel bad that I don't pursue my ideas.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Does anyone on GAF happen to have the Holiday Train? I've been eyeing it forever and would really like to add it to my village theme, but am curious to know if it's worth paying the aftermarket price for.

Ogch3P0l.jpg

I do not, but I think I might bricklink it together in the future. It would look very good under our tree, or in a full Winter village scene.

As of tomorrow:

Spend $30 @ TRU and get BentBricks' imaginary giraffe friend for free. Looks like it scans at $6.99 if you just want that.

Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout is down to $72, Galaxy Squad is 20% off and most Creator sets are 20% off.

I got my Iron Patriot minifig and 360 version of Lego Marvel this morning. My Walmart got it's shipment in of what looks like about 20 copies.

I'm going to break out all my Iron Man suits now for a display on my PC monitor. Move over Avengers minifigs!

Fxp

I can't seem to find cheaper Town Hall modular and it's gonna be discontinued soon according to rumours :(

I can't seem to find cheaper Town Hall modular and it's gonna be discontinued soon according to rumours :(

What do you mean by cheaper? Do you mean lower than MSRP?

If you miss it and have to pay after-market prices of something out of production, MSRP will seem like a clearance sale price.

Fxp

What do you mean by cheaper? Do you mean lower than MSRP?

If you miss it and have to pay after-market prices of something out of production, MSRP will seem like a clearance sale price.

Yeah, I mean lower than MSRP. I still belive I might get lucky before it goes OOP...

neonglow

I ordered a bunch of polybags recently. I'm on my way to completing the Lone Ranger, Toy Story and World Races themes. Just need a couple more sets from each.

Top Bottom