• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

0wDac2U.jpg

Dammit, give us a Green Lantern figure!

I still need to get Aquaman and Flash.

Rootbeer

Banned

Lovin' it. Happy to have em all. Course, my GL is bootleg (for now) but it's better than nothing :)

Really happy with how they are fleshing out the DC characters roster.

I'll never take for granted what a phenomenal era this is for LEGO... Marvel, DC, TMNT, Simpsons, on and on, so many fantastic brands all under one umbrella

R-User!

Building Maersk Train tonight; my stickers are crambled to hell; probably meant to be.

Wife's building Grand Emporium.

Son's building Pet Shop!

Fun night!!!

I would love to know (somebody with the calendar), what the back says about the find all the droids promotion. Says you win a set??? But then says see back of flyer for details.

Does anyone have any experience with modular buildings and roads combined?

Im wanting to have a portion of road next to the buildings so I can add some traffic, but the official road base plates dont really work without having to rebuild everything onto them. I've done a little SNOT experiment but still undecided- going to fill it in meantime and see how I feel after. Hoping to have something like this im finished for the length of the display.

While surely brick hungry, that looks fantastic!

mojiimbo

Anyone remember having an unusually high amount of extra pieces after finishing Fire Brigade?

vjc2lX8.jpg

I thought I might have skipped a huge section but everything on the finished model seems to be in place.

neonglow

Anyone remember having an unusually high amount of extra pieces after finishing Fire Brigade?

vjc2lX8.jpg

I thought I might have skipped a huge section but everything on the finished model seems to be in place.

Did they all come from the same bag? Sometimes LEGO accidentally puts in an extra bag when they have factory issues.

I need a Green Lantern fig now. I have all the others. Though not sure if I have that Batman. What set is he from?

It's from The Bat vs Bane Tumbler set.

vjc2lX8.jpg

I have just finished the first floor and there were only 1x1 pieces left over. There is definitely only 1 gold plate though, so I do think you may have missed a section I'm afraid.

nny

I have just finished the first floor and there were only 1x1 pieces left over. There is definitely only 1 gold plate though, so I do think you may have missed a section I'm afraid.

Isn't the gold plate for the bell on top? If the bell is built maybe you got an extra bag of pieces.

Doesn't it actually start on the 3rd this year?

Thanks! I totally missed this. If I ever end up regaining control of my hand then I am in.

Please let this be true! Otherwise I am adjusting my 5/4 flight to accommodate the promo.

Just call a LEGO store and ask. I believe it does start on the 3rd since it falls on a Saturday. Last year the 4th fell on a Saturday. The special was May 4-5 (Sat+Sun).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/legohero/8605337673/

Watching the Avengers and building the Quinjet. This thing is MASSIVE. Like, I knew from the size of the box it would be big but holy shit. I just put on the first wing, about to open Bag 4. This set is incredible.

Plus, now I have all but one of the Iron Man armies. Just gotta get the one from that baby Mandarin set. Gonna modify Stark's Malibu Mansion to have space for all of them.

neonglow

Watching the Avengers and building the Quinjet. This thing is MASSIVE. Like, I knew from the size of the box it would be big but holy shit. I just put on the first wing, about to open Bag 4. This set is incredible.

Plus, now I have all but one of the Iron Man armies. Just gotta get the one from that baby Mandarin set. Gonna modify Stark's Malibu Mansion to have space for all of them.

If you're a big Iron Man fan, you should build Tony Stark's Hall of Armor. It needs some pieces from Malibu Mansion plus a ton more. You might be able to source the grey bricks from your PAB wall.

http://lego.com/r/club/-/media/Club/Markets/US/Club codes/STARK.pdf

plzdChA.jpg

That one isn't the same, it's more movie styled. The one in the justice league picture is different

I think it's this one http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=bat001

My bad. Sorry.

If you're a big Iron Man fan, you should build Tony Stark's Hall of Armor. It needs some pieces from Malibu Mansion plus a ton more. You might be able to source the grey bricks from your PAB wall.

plzdChA.jpg

Damn I'll have to buy that set and build it now haha at least I have another set to add to my toys r us basket to push it above the £40 mark.

Finished the Quinjet. Absolutely outstanding. I only used the big SHIELD stickers on the wings, the little one for the drone, and one of the computer panels inside. This set is SO. COOL. I can't believe I got it for the price I did. @___@

plzdChA.jpg
THAT IS AWESOME. If we ever get more Malibu Mansions in I'm gonna totally get a second one to build this.

I hope that, like that massive tower set from LOTR, they make an Avengers Mansion set when Age of Ultron comes out. Otherwise I might have to attempt a MOC.

Zerojul

wetwired

I got a photo of all the different Batman I have, sans duplicates and Bruce Wayne ( I couldn't find his torso for some reason)

batmen.jpg

I did order (about a month ago) the newer light blue Juniors Batman to add to the collection, when it decides to show up...

Also since the official Ghostbusters minifigs don't have arm patches, NACM Customs (Not Another Custom Minifigs) sent me some of their printed ghostbuster arm patch pieces so I thought I'd share, here's one of my CUUSOO Egon (not the official Egon)

NACM Custom Printed Ghostbusters Arm Patch
by Brent Waller, on Flickr

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Seeing them all together looks awesome. I'd kill for the Green Arrow fig to be more readily available too though!

It might be easier to use the road baseplates and then put a baseplate covered with some tiles underneath the modulars. That should raise them up enough to be a bit above the road.

I ended up just building it onto the side walk sections of the road plates.

You can lift the whole bottoms off fairly easily and reattach. The hardest part is just taking any floor tiles off and redoing them.

I do like the idea of the roadplates, I just havent got any! Going to need one or two just to experiment with.

I think the benefit of it being SNOT brick built is that you can add lots of stuff to it, like markings/drains etc, maybe even have some builder guys digging up cables- this is easier done because of the depth, but it is fairly brick-intensive, which is a pain in the ass.

Rootbeer

Banned
Minifig hunting!
Target (at mission and fourth for my SF bros)... Found a big Simpsons display at the LEGO isle! Now... Imagine my dismay as there are only FIVE packs. Now... Imagine my further dismay that they are not 3.99 but marked up. How much of a markup, you ask?

No shit.

Those packs stayed where they were found.

Next... Found one pack at Walgreen's (mission at ummm 1st or near there)... 3.99

Got an Itchy inside. Note this same store had none on Monday.

plzdChA.jpg

LEGO needs to monopolize on Iron Man more. He has even more possibilities than Batman in terms of different suits.
Bootleg minifig makers are definitely filling in that gap.

I think I got one years ago when they were cheap :)

I really want this one though, the dark knight returns inspired
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=bat022

It goes for an arm and a Leg though.

This reminds me, just should take a photo of all of my batmen, last time I looked I had about 12 different ones

Oh snap! I never knew about those sets or that Batman. I can see why it's so expensive. The demand for that must be high and the supply low.

Seeing them all together looks awesome. I'd kill for the Green Arrow fig to be more readily available too though!

Oh man, how could I forget Green Arrow. Green Arrow, Atom, and Hawkman were not original Silver Age Justice League, but they were added on shortly afterwards.

I got a photo of all the different Batman I have, sans duplicates and Bruce Wayne ( I couldn't find his torso for some reason)

batmen.jpg

I did order (about a month ago) the newer light blue Juniors Batman to add to the collection, when it decides to show up...

Also since the official Ghostbusters minifigs don't have arm patches, NACM Customs (Not Another Custom Minifigs) sent me some of their printed ghostbuster arm patch pieces so I thought I'd share, here's one of my CUUSOO Egon (not the official Egon)

NACM Custom Printed Ghostbusters Arm Patch
by Brent Waller, on Flickr

NACM has awesome custom minifigs. The prints are very well designed. They are sooo expensive though. More pricey than Cristo's who also makes great customs with high quality print. I really want their "Kick-Ass" and Wasp custom minifigs.

Rootbeer

Banned
Minifigs continued!

Target again, in a cheaper area :). Found some but the employee said they weren't supposed to go out till the 24th and hovered over me while I looked at the figs after I got him to fetch them from the back.. I had time to feel out a krusty then relented, didn't want to get him in trouble. Rung up fine though. Could have asked for a manager I guess... Oh well. I'll just come back Thurs. Sigh :p

Minifigs continued!

Target again, in a cheaper area :). Found some but the employee said they weren't supposed to go out till the 24th and hovered over me while I looked at the figs after I got him to fetch them from the back.. I had time to feel out a krusty then relented, didn't want to get him in trouble. Rung up fine though. Could have asked for a manager I guess... Oh well. I'll just come back Thurs. Sigh :p

What a saga! Too bad they are blind bags and we can't just click "place order" on Amazon or something.

gah

When do the Star Wars summer sets come out?

I'm talking about the B-Wing, Cantina, AT-AT, Star Destroyer etc.

Brickset used to have release dates but not since the site redesign. Anyone know why? It's really made planning purchases inconvenient.

Also, I've never bought from the LEGO store before - how do they lookup my VIP account? I don't have the card anymore...

Rootbeer

Banned
What a saga! Too bad they are blind bags and we can't just click "place order" on Amazon or something.

gah

So irritating when I read random people say "found two boxes and felt up a set at my leisure!" meanwhile I've tried over 20 stores in a week and had very spotty results :p

I put myself through it though. I could just wait but how is that fun?

Anyway today's total haul:
2x krusty
2x grandpa
2x itchy
1x homer
1x apu
1x flanders

so... I still need scratchy and ralph to complete one set. Then I'll try to complete a second set, then i'm good. Though I'll probaly try to get a few more barts and homers... those should remain very valuable trading tokens for the duration of the LEGO brand I'd wager :) All of them, really, but especially those two.

I'm not even going to get into the clusterfuck I experienced at one store today... man, some of the people they got working at these places...

All-in-all though, if you take anything away from my travels today, know this: Target has LEGO Simpsons, so go get 'em. HERE is a picture of the bar code, just show them that and they can pull em from back, I promise you. Unless they haven't arrived that is... o_O

So irritating when I read random people say "found two boxes and felt up a set at my leisure!" meanwhile I've tried over 20 stores in a week and had very spotty results :p

I put myself through it though. I could just wait but how is that fun?

Anyway today's total haul:
2x krusty
2x grandpa
2x itchy
1x homer
1x apu
1x flanders

so... I still need scratchy and ralph to complete one set. Then I'll try to complete a second set, then i'm good. Though I'll probaly try to get a few more barts and homers... those should remain very valuable trading tokens for the duration of the LEGO brand I'd wager :) All of them, really, but especially those two.

I'm not even going to get into the clusterfuck I experienced at one store today... man, some of the people they got working at these places...

All-in-all though, if you take anything away from my travels today, know this: Target has LEGO Simpsons, so go get 'em.
Get more Marges too! Dat head is gigantic and quite unique.

rallaren

s1axa8V.jpg

Here it is. The Monster Fighters Zombie set. It's pretty cool. I was surprised the pink "moon stone" did not come with the castle, I had not noticed.. Not sure if it was worth twice the cost of msrp.. but it's for collection value. I miss some more glow-in-the-dark details.

Top Bottom