• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I loved building the R2D2. It looks so badass displayed!

On another note... Want to get into modulars, but does anybody know if the monster haunted house connects with the modulars? Would be cool to incorporate it into the neighborhood at the end of the block.

On day 2 of my 3rd attempt at creating the Ultimate Collectors Millenium Falcon. Only this time we're going through the book and getting each piece needed for each part, putting them into separate bags and THEN building it. Having to go through so many pieces took it's toll on me before and I only got half way through before giving up and having to put it away, but now we'll have all the pieces needed right infront of us, means it'll actually be fun to build.

I never thought that building something like that would turn out to be awful.

Well, look like SSD is gone from Amazon. I am still not sure I want to pick it up, not because it's not a cool piece but because I would never build it due to lack of space to put it. I am still clearing out room for my Death Star ...

IronRinn

Well, look like SSD is gone from Amazon. I am still not sure I want to pick it up, not because it's not a cool piece but because I would never build it due to lack of space to put it. I am still clearing out room for my Death Star ...

It's gone from Amazon and come back in the past.

Edit: Just saw the rumors about this maybe being discontinued. Might have to figure out a way to grab one of these then. I may have put it off for too long.

Is the 15% off going to be in the US as well?

Also, to get the mini fig on May 3rd do I need to only spend $75 or more on Star Wars stuff?

I really wanted to buy the Volkswagen or Haunted House, now I'll probably go for the Ewok Village or SSD if they have any.

How come no one ever told me about that super sexy Electro suit Batman from a few pages back? Never even knew it existed!! Gotta have it, i guess you can ONLY get it in that visual dictionary book right?

Is the 15% off going to be in the US as well?

Also, to get the mini fig on May 3rd do I need to only spend $75 or more on Star Wars stuff?

I really wanted to buy the Volkswagen or Haunted House, now I'll probably go for the Ewok Village or SSD if they have any.

yeah looks like...

I'm in the same boat as you though, i REALLY wanted to get something else for the money, like the sea cow or the Simpsons house BUT alas... have to go with Ewok i guess which isn't a bad choice to be sure, i just didn't feel like spending that much on Star Wars right now :( hmm how much will that Darth Revan be sold for afterwards on BrickLink/Ebay you guys think?

Ponn

Banned
How come no one ever told me about that super sexy Electro suit Batman from a few pages back? Never even knew it existed!! Gotta have it, i guess you can ONLY get it in that visual dictionary book right?

Right but the book is actually cool and a neat little timeline of Lego Batman with all the sets. Some neat stuff with the designers and sketches to OF their plans. I have my electro suit driving the Batmobile, he fits better without cape.

ghostmind

Seen on hothbricks :

G4tU18C.jpg

I don't think it has been posted before.
Free minifig for 30€ and up (from any theme apparently). Good news for TMNT fans I guess :)

Is the Shredder promo for the UK/Europe only? It is not part of the NorthAm May calendar.

Zerojul

Can somebody explain te 15% off? Is it in just star wars stuff? Does it include the sand crawler that is coming out?
It's on a "selection of Star Wars sets" so SW only I'm afraid. I asked at my Lego Store last monday and the guy told me he had no information on which sets would be discounted. Whether it's true or not, I have yet to see any information on that "selection" anywhere. I strongly doubt that the sandcrawler will be discounted but I'd love to be wrong on that point :)

Is the Shredder promo for the UK/Europe only? It is not part of the NorthAm May calendar.
I hope not, but that pic was taken from the French May calendar indeed. That would be weird though, I believe the TMNT fanbase is larger in the US/Canada that it has ever been over here.

I can't wait to get to ordering the bricks I will need for all these cabinets....... Got the last of the DDR range done now I think.

Here we have Dance Dance Revolution X;
Not sure about the bar colour on X and X2 as it is quite rare in Black but I want to be authentic.

Here we have Dance Dance Revolution X2;
The marquee on X and X2 are in flux, I like the full size of X2 but am testing the lights like that on X.

And finally the newest installment simply called Dance Dance Revolution;
Very happy with this one. It's 5 wide which made it a bit tricky to make but I like the lines.

In non gaming Lego news I got some of the Simpsons CMF's at Cardiff Lego store; ticked off Homer, Marge, Bart, Flanders, Milhouse, Apu, Scratchy and Monty Burns. Will get the rest on May 4th but very happy so far.

Burns is Excellent!

Finally got my 1980s Space Program t-shirt from TeeFury. Good grief is their shipping slow. Shirt is awesome though.

Don't forget Electro Suit Batman, the book is actually pretty good. Oh and we got a scuba Batman now.

Yeah Scuba suit I'll get soon. Is it still possible to order the book? I'd totally get it if so.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just go rip it out of the book without buying it like everyone else does.

I'm assuming you're not serious but yeah this is a huge problem. Looking at the LEGO books section in any book store is really depressing because of this. And clearly the makers of these books don't care because after all these years they still don't secure them worth a damn

Just go rip it out of the book without buying it like everyone else does.

I'm assuming you're not serious but yeah this is a huge problem. Looking at the LEGO books section in any book store is really depressing because of this. And clearly the makers of these books don't care because after all these years they still don't secure them worth a damn

As a retail slave for most of my adult life, it infuriates me when people do that type of thing.

I know you were joking, but the sight of that happening is so common for me.

Of course it's common. That's the joke!

My local Barnes and Nobles has 5-6 old ass Lego books that have all had the minifigs stolen years ago and yet they still sit there on the shelf for sale. Same with my local Maynards of all places. (Maynards is a home improvement store here in the states for those that may not know)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Well I guess it's a good thing I'm not a Star Wars fan then. But if someone is willing to donate one to see if I can build it in one go I'll be happy to participate in said experiment. ;)

I built the SSD in about a 24 hour build time. I sorted each bag though.

I'm so pissed. I keep telling myself I'm done with buying Lego for the month (I'm WAY over my monthly limit) and shit keeps happening like people returning Shredder's Bike and the Quinjet. I was SURE I was done once I got the Quinjet, and today I go into work and there are 4 damaged TMNT Submarines being sold for 20% off - and store discounts stack with our employee discount. Meaning I can get the sub for roughly $18.

Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in! :mad:

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm so pissed. I keep telling myself I'm done with buying Lego for the month (I'm WAY over my monthly limit) and shit keeps happening like people returning Shredder's Bike and the Quinjet. I was SURE I was done once I got the Quinjet, and today I go into work and there are 4 damaged TMNT Submarines being sold for 20% off - and store discounts stack with our employee discount. Meaning I can get the sub for roughly $18.

$18 turtle sub... yeah I'd totally be pissed as well!

Zerojul

Yeah, such low prices are insufferable ;) I get you though, I'm over my monthly limit like... every month :)

$18 turtle sub... yeah I'd totally be pissed as well!
Well, I mean, in April alone I've bought the following sets:

Bought @ Lego Store:
Haunted House
The Bat VS The Tumbler
Lex's Power Armor
A-Wing
Chima Legends Eagle
Ninjago Fire Mech
Iron Man & War Machine Fight A Boat (for cousin)
2 Baby Creator Trains
Green Creator Motorcycle (for cousin)
Easter Bunny (for mom)
2 Large Grey Baseplates
Spider-Man VS Dr Octopus VS Bank Truck (for dad)
Tony Stark's Malibu Mansion
Superman VS Zod VS a Yellow Car (for dad)
2 sets of Lego Salt & Pepper shakers (for friends)
Storm Trooper Keychain
Frodo Keychain
2 Promo City Hotdog Vendor Polybags (1 for me, 1 for dad)
Promo City Police ATV Polybag
Star Wars Planet TIE Bomber
Star Wars Planet ... clone... ship...?
2 Classic Red Brick Keychain (one's mine, one's GF's)
Chima Speedzor Bat (for GF's nephew)
Shredder's Motorcycle
Quinjet

With my discount this comes out to like $300.

Bought @ Target:
Tumblr Polybag - $5

Bought @ Wondercon:
Cosmic Cube Escape - $32

Bought from friend:
Friend found an old Harry Potter set at a garage sale, opened it, and found that in addition to all the bags for the set, somehow a bag of minifigs from another set got mixed in that included yellow-skinned Harry, Ron, Hermione, Snape, Malfoy, Dumbledore, and Hagrid plus a boat and parts for a small tower. My GF is crazy obsessed with HP so I bought the bag from him for $40 as an anniversary gift for her in a few months.

Even with my discount that's fucking crazy. I'm looking at this list in complete disbelief. That's more in one month than I've spent on Lego in the past 10 years. I'm spent almost $400!!! My limit was supposed to be $150, $200 at the most! And next month I'm going to buy 16 CMF and a Sandcrawler? Jesus Fuck. I guess when I get addicted to something I go all the way.

Yeah, such low prices are insufferable ;) I get you though, I'm over my monthly limit like... every month :)

Exactly ;____;

mrkgoo

Maybe they make all their money off of staff :p

Bought @ Lego Store:
Haunted House
The Bat VS The Tumbler
Lex's Power Armor
A-Wing
Chima Legends Eagle
Ninjago Fire Mech
2 Baby Creator Trains
Easter Bunny (for mom)
2 Large Grey Baseplates
Storm Trooper Keychain
Frodo Keychain
Shredder's Motorcycle
Quinjet

Bought @ Target:
Tumblr Polybag - $5

Bought @ Wondercon:
Cosmic Cube Escape - $32

Bought from friend:
Friend found an old Harry Potter set at a garage sale, opened it, and found that in addition to all the bags for the set, somehow a bag of minifigs from another set got mixed in that included yellow-skinned Harry, Ron, Hermione, Snape, Malfoy, Dumbledore, and Hagrid plus a boat and parts for a small tower. My GF is crazy obsessed with HP so I bought the bag from him for $40 as an anniversary gift for her in a few months.

Even with my discount that's fucking crazy. I'm looking at this list in complete disbelief. That's more in one month than I've spent on Lego in the past 10 years. I'm spent almost $400!!! My limit was supposed to be $150, $200 at the most! And next month I'm going to buy 16 CMF and a Sandcrawler? Jesus Fuck. I guess when I get addicted to something I go all the way.

Exactly ;____;

I can tell you this, you are in the right thread. We are slaves of LEGO here. I just hope nobody posts breaking up with a GF/wife, losing a house, etc.

theaface

Finished the Grand Emporium last night, which was my first modular and my biggest set to date (the previous record holder was the VW Camper).

The thing is bloody impressive, and I love how well designed it is to seemlessly stack and unstack the different floors. I do share some peoples' complaints about how a couple of floors are rather sparsely populated, but I guess there's ample opportunity to modify those to my heart's content at a later date.

Yeah I've heard about that. Confirms that the SSD will be my big May the 4th pick up, provided it gets the 15% discount. I can't miss it. Best Star and Ewok Village will have to wait.

So discounts will happen for may 4th? Would they be available on the 3rd or would they hold back any sale for actual May the 4th?

My wife was at Meijers just as a fresh box of Simpson minifigs were being set up on an end cap. She' confident that she was able to feel out all16 unique figures.

We'll open them tonight and see!

I forsee a Simpson House purchase in my very near future.

Bought @ Lego Store:
Haunted House
The Bat VS The Tumbler
Lex's Power Armor
A-Wing
Chima Legends Eagle
Ninjago Fire Mech
2 Baby Creator Trains
Easter Bunny (for mom)
2 Large Grey Baseplates
Storm Trooper Keychain
Frodo Keychain
Shredder's Motorcycle
Quinjet

Bought @ Target:
Tumblr Polybag - $5

Bought @ Wondercon:
Cosmic Cube Escape - $32

Bought from friend:

Working at the Lego store and getting 50% off sets? Now that's a rough life. I think I hear a small violin playing. haha I'm just teasing. I'm sure there are a lot of people here, including myself, that would love to be in your position when it comes to their Lego addiction. After hearing about the discount, I contemplated applying at the store, but I have two young kids and just don't have the time. Feel free to keep us abreast of your next Lego purchases. ;-)

Rootbeer

Banned
Just wanted to reiterate what I said on Tuesday... The Simpsons figs at Target are dated to hit shelves TODAY if you haven't found them yet. Hit up your local Target. Some have already put them out earlier this week, while some are keeping to the date.

And yes some stores in expensive areas are marking them up above the 3.99 MSRP, but it's hard to price match when nobody else has them advertised for sale yet. Personally I'm skipping any that are marked up :)

I get off work in 20 mins then rushing out to hopefully pick up the last of what I need.

haha I think where you work has something to do with it.

If anyone is near Leeds in the UK, the Lego shop has tons on the Simpsons minifigures. I'm slightly tempted to pick some up but they look so different to normal Lego figures that it puts me off a little

Rootbeer

Banned
If anyone is near Leeds in the UK, the Lego shop has tons on the Simpsons minifigures. I'm slightly tempted to pick some up but they look so different to normal Lego figures that it puts me off a little
Suit yourself... I also love the Chima and TMNT figures, guess I'm used to the non-classic look.

Honestly I think some of these Simpsons heads are among their finest work.

Top Bottom