• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

So for that Darth Revan figure in a few weeks, it says $75 Star Wars purchase.

Does all $75 have to be Star Wars? Or can I do $40 in superhero stuff and then $40 in Star Wars?

When do the Star Wars summer sets come out?

I'm talking about the B-Wing, Cantina, AT-AT, Star Destroyer etc.

Brickset used to have release dates but not since the site redesign. Anyone know why? It's really made planning purchases inconvenient.

Also, I've never bought from the LEGO store before - how do they lookup my VIP account? I don't have the card anymore...

We look up VIP accounts by email address. SW summer sets are looking at an August release last I heard, but I don't know that Lego has actually given an official release date yet.

So for that Darth Revan figure in a few weeks, it says $75 Star Wars purchase.

Does all $75 have to be Star Wars? Or can I do $40 in superhero stuff and then $40 in Star Wars?

Reasonably sure it has to all be Star Wars.

I love that hall of armors! PDF saved :)

Bay Area (or nearby) LEGO GAF members: Bricks by the Bay is coming soon!

http://www.bricksbythebay.com/

anyone going to attend?

This year in addition to great displays and vendors, there will be a brickfilm film festival and they are taking entries now.

article: http://www.thebrickfan.com/bricks-by-the-bay-2014-convention-announces-brickfilm-festival/

I would totally go if I wasn't going to be in San Diego (family vacation) starting from the 9th to the 16th... Boo.

I love that hall of armors! PDF saved :)

Bay Area (or nearby) LEGO GAF members: Bricks by the Bay is coming soon!

http://www.bricksbythebay.com/

anyone going to attend?

This year in addition to great displays and vendors, there will be a brickfilm film festival and they are taking entries now.

article: http://www.thebrickfan.com/bricks-by-the-bay-2014-convention-announces-brickfilm-festival/

Damn, I'd love to attend this event. But it's the same weekend as the Outside Lands music festival in San Francisco. So my weekend is already booked. :(

ghostmind

hoSgHkf.jpg

5Idlx66.jpg

HrZSnDM.jpg

F6s3KRj.jpg

sPHouDW.jpg

mmkXmsy.jpg

VGk1DPZ.jpg

sFcScH3.jpg

Missing 60062 Arctic Ice Breaker

I've noticed that the Ice Breaking has been missing from like EVERY listing of these, with one list that I saw saying it wouldn't even come out until 2015. What the hell? It was part of the big diorama they revealed the sets with, why is there no further information about it?

At any rate, every single one of these sets will be mine.

ghostmind

I've noticed that the Ice Breaking has been missing from like EVERY listing of these, with one list that I saw saying it wouldn't even come out until 2015. What the hell? It was part of the big diorama they revealed the sets with, why is there no further information about it?

It's a retailer exclusive, but afaik the LEGO stores should be getting it this summer.

I'm also waiting to hear what the Star Wars retailer exclusives are.

Caladrius

Snagged the Creator Family house and the Grievous wheel bike sets this afternoon.

The new Brick separator is godlike. I never thought that I wouldn't dread pulling plates off.

The cargo train and its "expansion" set look awesome.

Indeed. I love the blue they used for the train.

neonglow

Ice Breaker is a store exclusive set so we won't see official pictures of it until that retailer, usually Toys R Us, puts it up.

It's a retailer exclusive, but afaik the LEGO stores should be getting it this summer.

I'm also waiting to hear what the Star Wars retailer exclusives are.

Ice Breaker is a store exclusive set so we won't see official pictures of it until that retailer, usually Toys R Us, puts it up.

Well, that explains it then. Thanks! Hopefully Lego stores will stock it too, the collection must be complete!

I need a Green Lantern fig now. I have all the others. Though not sure if I have that Batman. What set is he from?

Can anyone tell me what the fine print on the Darth Revan fig says?

Probably one of these three:

7884 Batman's Buggy: The Escape of Mr. Freeze
7886 The Batcycle: Harley Quinn's Hammer Truck
7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Suprise

Actually I was wrong, that's the Comic Suit from these sets:

7779 The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit (Comic suit)
7780 The Batboat: Hunt for Killer Croc (Comic Suit)
7782 The Batwing: The Joker's Aerial Assault (Comic Suit)

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_(minifigure)

I've actually been trying to collect at least one of each Batman suit, so far I have:

Blue Super Heroes w Jetpack
1989 Film Suit
Arctic Suit
The Dark Knight Rises Suit
Black Super Heroes Suit

Comic Suit, Classic Comic Suit and Batman Begins suits are probably gonna be expensive.

I've actually been trying to collect at least one of each Batman suit, so far I have:

1989 Film Suit
Arctic Suit
Black Super Heroes Suit

Comic Suit, Classic Comic Suit and Batman Begins suits are probably gonna be expensive.

Arctic Batman is my favourite. I might fork out and get the Comic suit one.

frogg609

Really digging on the ice sets. Reminds me of the beginning of Despicable Me 2.

Does anyone have 60022 - Cargo Terminal? Amazon has it on sale for 79.99, but it still seems overpriced. I know the plane is pretty big, but the piece count is super low. Is it awesome, or not?

60022-1.jpg

Ponn

Banned

1989 Film Suit
Arctic Suit
Black Super Heroes Suit

Don't forget Electro Suit Batman, the book is actually pretty good. Oh and we got a scuba Batman now.

Lego may already do this (as I am fairly new to collecting), but anyway.... Put rare figures in the mini fig packs. Perhaps a Bart variant.... Something that has a lower chance of getting.

Lego may already do this (as I am fairly new to collecting), but anyway.... Put rare figures in the mini fig packs. Perhaps a Bart variant.... Something that has a lower chance of getting.

They did it with Mr. Gold in series 10. At least you could feel him out. If they put a rare figure that was just a pain job variant, it would be HORRIBLE for most people. Speculators would snatch up everything. It would be nigh impossible to get figures.

wetwired

Looks like CUUSOO is changing

Cliff Notes:

• Now called LEGO Ideas
  • Intergrated into the LEGO Company now (it was a seperate, external company before)
  • Existing projects and their current vote count will be migrated to the new system on April 1st, but project owners will need to agree to the new terms first.
  • Projects now have 1 year to reach 10000 votes, after which they will be deleted. You can resubmit the same project but the count will be reset

ghostmind

Cliff Notes:

• Now called LEGO Ideas
  • Intergrated into the LEGO Company now (it was a seperate, external company before)
  • Existing projects and their current vote count will be migrated to the new system on April 1st, but project owners will need to agree to the new terms first.
  • Projects now have 1 year to reach 10000 votes, after which they will be deleted. You can resubmit the same project but the count will be reset

So does that mean that your upcoming set gets rebranded as "LEGO Ideas #006"?

I think mine is #007, the exosuit is #006 but I'd say so

Wait, what? Isn't yours coming out first... sometime around June I thought? We have full pictures of your set and only a logo for the Exo Suit and IIRC an "August" release frame yet yours is numbered after? *boggle*

wetwired

Wait, what? Isn't yours coming out first... sometime around June I thought? We have full pictures of your set and only a logo for the Exo Suit and IIRC an "August" release frame yet yours is numbered after? *boggle*

Ghostbusters production was accelerated to take advantage of the 30th Anniversary

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Cliff Notes:

• Now called LEGO Ideas

Good. I always keep reading and pronouncing it like "kuso", which is Japanese for shit/crap. Especially with it being trialed in Japan first.

Zerojul

I couldn't help but think of "kuso", which is "shit" in Japanese.

Good. I always keep reading and pronouncing it like "kuso", which is Japanese for shit/crap. Especially with it being trialed in Japan first.

Ah ah same here. Well it was fun while it lasted :)
LEGO Ideas is a much better choice for brand recognition and the integration to TLG makes sense.

Edit : Found this on the cuusoo.com site :
The origin of the name "CUUSOO" is the Japanese word "空想 (kuusou)", which means "to imagine and wonder about something unlikely to happen or exist".
It is indeed of japanese origin :)

Zerojul

Seen on hothbricks :

G4tU18C.jpg

I don't think it has been posted before.
Free minifig for 30€ and up (from any theme apparently). Good news for TMNT fans I guess :)

I would be so up for the Shredder. Huge Turtles fan.

My first modular arrived today. The Palace Cinema. I'm just about to start the first floor. Very excited.

theaface

My first modular arrived today. The Palace Cinema. I'm just about to start the first floor. Very excited.

Good stuff. I'm in pretty much the same place as you, although my first is the Grand Emporium which arrived yesterday. Had a lot of fun building the ground floor last night, and looking forward to round two tonight!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I haven't bought too many big sets, but I don't think I've ever done it in stages. I always build a model in one go.

ghostmind

Rumor(?) going around this morning that the UCS SSD and R2-D2 sets are no longer being restocked in LEGO stores, and once existing inventories are gone, that will be the end for them. No indication as to whether stores received a final shipment to blow out on May 4th, as they did with the B-wing.

Zerojul

Rumor(?) going around this morning that the UCS SSD and R2-D2 sets are no longer being restocked in LEGO stores, and once existing inventories are gone, that will be the end for them. No indication as to whether stores received a final shipment to blow out on May 4th, as they did with the B-wing.

Yeah I've heard about that. Confirms that the SSD will be my big May the 4th pick up, provided it gets the 15% discount. I can't miss it. Best Star and Ewok Village will have to wait.

Good stuff. I'm in pretty much the same place as you, although my first is the Grand Emporium which arrived yesterday. Had a lot of fun building the ground floor last night, and looking forward to round two tonight!

I built the ground floor of the cinema. Loved it. Popped my modular cherry and now I'm a bit disappointed that I don't like the look of the other ones. Reckon they would all be great builds.

Kyari

I would be so up for the Shredder. Huge Turtles fan.

On a completely related note, I was just jumping into the topic to say I just finished building my first ever modular; the Palace Cinema.
That set was an absolute monster to build and now I feel like I'm totally hooked on modular city buildings. I need more of them :( Going to swing by my local lego store later today and see if the pick a brick wall has any suitable pieces to design my own.

Top Bottom