• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Also, here are all my iron men suits lined up.

280C32DC-1DE3-4C8E-B42A-5D1925A3E345.jpg

Are some of those bootlegs? Because those gold, black, and white ones are smexy as hell

Are some of those bootlegs? Because those gold, black, and white ones are smexy as hell

Only 7-8 of those are legit. The rest are knock offs.

Speaking of which, my next Chinese order is going out tonight. Winter Soldier, Fantastic Four, Green Arrow, and several others are in the mix. I'm also getting the larger sized Red Hulk and Grey Hulk.

I will review and post pics when I get them!

According to hothbricks, the following sets will get the 15% discount during the May the 4th promotion :
7965 Millennium Falcon
10188 Death Star
10221 Super Star Destroyer
10225 R2-D2
10240 Red Five X-Wing Starfighter
75000 Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas
75002 AT-RT
75003 A.Wing Starfighter
75004 Z-95 Headhunter
75021 Republic Gunship

The site claims that this may not be the full list yet.
The soon-to-be retired SSD and R2 are part of the list and that's a very good thing for me :)

Also keep in mind that this list is for the French S@H, but I would be surprised if it varies much from one region to another.
Edit : it seems you still get VIP points for the discounted item. A 100€ set discounted to 85€ will give you 85 points.

Hmmm...what is the recommendation if had to choose only 1 of the 2:

10225 R2-D2
10240 Red Five X-Wing Starfighter

Ironmask

Speaking of which, my next Chinese order is going out tonight. Winter Soldier, Fantastic Four, Green Arrow, and several others are in the mix. I'm also getting the larger sized Red Hulk and Grey Hulk.

i too have deciced to put my order down. it is the whole Decool line of super heroes and TMNT including the green, red and gray hulk. something like this:

Decool-font-b-Wholesale-b-font-43pcs-Building-font-b-Bricks-b-font-Blocks-super-heroes.jpg

the bad thing is the huuuuuge shipping time, something like 30 days of waiting but now at least i can concentrate on set that i DO care and not sets that i want only for the minifigs.... for now ;)

Zerojul

Hhmmm I'm REALLY tempted to get Cyke (of course), Green Lantern, Green Arrow, the FF crew and maybe Bucky... :(
What would be the best way/ place to get them ? Ebay ? Something else ? Are they sold individually ?

I'd say R2, since X-Wing will probably be around for a while...

Agreed on the R2. It will be gone before you know it, and it was the better set too. But the Red Five X-Wing is still fantastic.

R2 now... Red Five later.

Just so we are clear. Buy one and not buy the other one EVER. :)

So R2-D2 > Red Five X-Wing? R2-D2 seems to have a lot of white bricks which would be very useful. Dat X-Wing though.

hmm still conflicted between Red Five Xwing and Ewok Village now... for only 50 euro more you get nearly DOUBLE the pieces, so purely ratio wise its worth it... plus if i populate it well enough it COULD serve me well as a display set i reckon hmm...

then again, as the previous post indicated DAT X-WING

i too have deciced to put my order down. it is the whole Decool line of super heroes and TMNT including the green, red and gray hulk. something like this:

Decool-font-b-Wholesale-b-font-43pcs-Building-font-b-Bricks-b-font-Blocks-super-heroes.jpg

the bad thing is the huuuuuge shipping time, something like 30 days of waiting but now at least i can concentrate on set that i DO care and not sets that i want only for the minifigs.... for now ;)

I ordered mine two weeks ago and they were delivered to our US office on Monday! Wasn't too bad at all. I will have them in my hands this Monday.

Just so we are clear. Buy one and not buy the other one EVER. :)

So R2-D2 > Red Five X-Wing? R2-D2 seems to have a lot of white bricks which would be very useful. Dat X-Wing though.

R2 is the better set. Better build. More pieces. Less money.

hmm still conflicted between Red Five Xwing and Ewok Village now... for only 50 euro more you get nearly DOUBLE the pieces, so purely ratio wise its worth it... plus if i populate it well enough it COULD serve me well as a display set i reckon hmm...

then again, as the previous post indicated DAT X-WING

Ewok Village > everything else last year.

http://amzn.com/B005VPRF2K

$15 for Lex's Power Armor. Can't be stressed enough what a bargain this is if you don't own it :)

Also... this set is getting on in years... it probably won't be around too much longer.

Once again, everyone needs this set. It is cheap, a fun build, and comes with great figures you can't get anywhere else.
A no brainer purchase and one of the best sets money can buy.

Fixed1979

The SSD has been something I've wanted for a few years, if this is the last sale for it before it disappears then I guess there's no better time...the Canadian store is out of stock, what's the chances of this being replenished for the sale?

Lex's Power Armor is so nice I actually have been tempted to buy a second one. Anyone who doesn't have it yet should buy it without question for $15, let alone the normal $20. Target also regularly has it on sale for around $17.

Hhmmm I'm REALLY tempted to get Cyke (of course), Green Lantern, Green Arrow, the FF crew and maybe Bucky... :(
What would be the best way/ place to get them ? Ebay ? Something else ? Are they sold individually ?

I'd like to second this, I want to MOC a really badass Hall of Armors under my Malibu Mansion now and there's no way Lego will make some of these.

I wonder, with the recent teasing of the Hulk Buster Armor for Avengers 2, could we see a BigFig set of Hulk VS Iron Man? :O

Fowler

As much as I want the Death Star, I think I will buy R2-D2 this year. I don't think I can afford the Death Star.

Sell a kidney. Worth it for BEST STAR.

Also, about a third of the way through the Red Five X-Wing. Whoa. Building the mechanism for the S-foils is pretty crazy. Never built anything like it before.

I'm still undecided between R2 and the Falcon, but chances are that I'll probably get one of them once there. 15% coupled with my VIP points should help my wallet regardless.

They are sold in groups. The good news is, they're cheap as hell.

I am now using http://www.aliexpress.com/ for my knock offs. Type in "minifig" or "decool" or "lego" and then go from there. Be sure to shop around. They're all the same figs, but the prices vary a great deal between vendors.

I just ordered:

Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thing
Human Torch

Cyclops
Green Arrow
Odin
Winter Soldier
Venom (I have an original already)
Weird Red Batman (batman beyond?)

Red Hulk
Grey Hulk
Green Hulk

All for $28.00

You can also order swarms of troops for dirt cheap.

Zr8xfoM.jpg

21 Knights for $19? yes please! They have both factions available. Even calvary units for dirt cheap.
1Uqb8Ng.jpg

20 clones for $26? I would get 40 of them if I was into Star Wars.
HRe9uFe.jpg

I almost bought several different lots of 20x various military and SWAT groups to mix and match to give my heros something to fight in my modulars. You can grab these and many others for less than $1 per fig.

The site is like Pandora's Box.

Check out some of the groups listed under this sale for example:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/26pc...e-Brick-accessory-WOMA-Sluban/1621171407.html

Zerojul

They are sold in groups. The good news is, they're cheap as hell.

I am now using http://www.aliexpress.com/ for my knock offs. Type in "minifig" or "decool" or "lego" and then go from there. Be sure to shop around. They're all the same figs, but the prices vary a great deal between vendors.

I just ordered:

Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thing
Human Torch

Cyclops
Green Arrow
Odin
Winter Soldier
Venom (I have an original already)
Weird Red Batman (batman beyond?)

Red Hulk
Grey Hulk
Green Hulk

All for $28.00
Awesome, thanks for the tip. Will check first thing tomorrow.

Took a break from sorting Bricklink and Pick a Brick orders to do some more cabinets. Concentrating on non-Bemani games for a bit and need to plan out the Fighters floor with a slight start on the shmups. On the list after that is Gundam Vs. multi-player setup and Derby Owners Club.

Plain looking early Candy cab, not sure if I will stick with the control panel version or the one without?

Generic brand widescreen single player cab;

Tekken 6 and Virtua Fighter 5 4 player cluster with Live TV;

3 versions of the Viewlix cabinet;

Darius running on large 3 screen;

neonglow

Took a break from sorting Bricklink and Pick a Brick orders to do some more cabinets. Concentrating on non-Bemani games for a bit and need to plan out the Fighters floor with a slight start on the shmups. On the list after that is Gundam Vs. multi-player setup and Derby Owners Club.

Nice models. Will you be printing stickers for the displays?

ghostmind

LEGO Creator Fairground Mixer will be revealed tomorrow! It'll be the mysterious set that will be available for VIP mid-May.

I was wondering when this would be revealed, since it was supposed to be available in a few weeks. I assume it is being unveiled at the Philly BrickFest?

Very curious to see what this looks like, and if it is a modular set, or if that was just a bad translation from it being a Creator Expert set.

Darius running on large 3 screen;

OMG, Darius! That brings back college memories for me. As someone stated earlier, it would add additional awesomeness with stickers.

Top Bottom