• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Would you be able to post a scan of that motion capture guy?

You mean this? (From my copy of the magazine & sorry about the flash)

ny7De5f.jpg

wetwired

Lego Ideas is Live!

An interesting change to the guidelines...

In the event two projects with overlapping concepts reach 10,000 supporters in the same review period, the LEGO Review Board will evaluate the projects separately and make the final decision on which project to produce.

Which has changed from the rule they previously had after the 2 ghostbusters projects, That leaves the currently 2nd Dr Who set with a chance

And another

After you submit your project, it’s locked and can’t be edited. Therefore, we can’t allow projects that look incomplete, consist of minimal images or text, images that say “images coming soon” , or projects that are clearly intended to reserve an idea under the presumption that no one else can submit a similar concept.

I guess this makes people take more time in their initial pitch

Rootbeer

Banned
Yay! Just converted my account over to the new LEGO Ideas.

Wow the new service is packed with stuff. Even has badges/achievement type system that impacts your ability to influence things on the site.

Excited about the future of this service. We've already seen so many great sets come out of its previous incarnation.

We can only go up, baby!

*edit*

youtube video from LEGO on the new Ideas site https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LnPtIrgMp2M

A certain package arrived from LEGO yesterday, I can't show it yet unfortunately but as soon as I'm permitted I'll be sure to post pics here :)
I'm really curious to know if the Ghostbusters set will feature Ideas branding or CUUSOO branding.

I don't really have time to build it now or the coming week, but I just got a shipment with Lord Business' Evil Lair, Death Star Troopers and a bunch of tiles and baseplats for a modular addition. I got the Lair for about 60% of retail since I wanted to get Bizniz Kitty, Vitruvius and Lord Business anyway and you will have to pay about half of that just for the figures. The Death Star guys are mostly because I loved the Imperial Guards. I can't wait to get a Darth Vader (who surprisingly is very hard to find at many BL sellers) to appear out of a doorway in some modular, flanked by these guys.

judhudson

I don't like the fact that the new LEGO Ideas site has the Mars Rover listed as Sold Out. I thought if it sells well, they'd make another batch...Please tell me they have plans to make more, it did not last long at all :(

Hey ruxtpin, that is actually the Chilis Restaurant modular building I built a few months back. Got the instructions from BrickCityDepot and parts from bricklink. Was such an awesome build and it's a beautiful show piece.
And yeah, I have a thing for customs! :)

a2tSUme.jpg

Nice modular. I've got one on the go from BrickCityDepot too and it's gonna be great once I get all the parts.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't like the fact that the new LEGO Ideas site has the Mars Rover listed as Sold Out. I thought if it sells well, they'd make another batch...Please tell me they have plans to make more, it did not last long at all :(

:( guess i'll never get one... oh well... why didn't they sell it on amazon like they do the Back to the Future set?

I REALLY hope the ghostbuster set gets put on amazon. It deserves the added sales that would generate

In other news... my Star Wars visual dictionary (2014 edition) shipped and I should get it tomorrow along with the 2014 Spidey & Doc Oc set amazon had on discount (still does, actually)

I know the summer 2014 sets aren't out yet but I wonder if they were able to squeeze them into the book or not? Would love to see some Rebels stuff in there.

I finally found some Simpson mini-figs at Walgreens thanks to this thread. Who knew that would be the easiest place to find them. I picked up 9 packs and only got one duplicate. The dup was Ralph so I don't even mind having an extra. I've found I'm terrible at feeling out the packs for characters cuz I just couldn't figure any of them out before opening. Getting the last 8 is probably going to be more difficult.

neonglow

I finally found some Simpson mini-figs at Walgreens thanks to this thread. Who knew that would be the easiest place to find them. I picked up 9 packs and only got one duplicate. The dup was Ralph so I don't even mind having an extra. I've found I'm terrible at feeling out the packs for characters cuz I just couldn't figure any of them out before opening. Getting the last 8 is probably going to be more difficult.

A helpful tip is search for the smallest pieces. They shift around the most so rotate the bag until the small pieces fall down to the edges of the bag. The torso and heads usually stay in place.

IronRinn

Almost done with the Simpsons CMFs. Anyone has a Ralph and needs a Flanders, let me know. Otherwise it's back to Target to be the weirdo in the LEGO aisle.

neonglow

Anyone else waiting for the email confirmation from LEGO Ideas? I chose to migrate my account over but still waiting after an hour. I wonder if it's my end or if the site is overloaded right now.

Anyone else waiting for the email confirmation from LEGO Ideas? I chose to migrate my account over but still waiting after an hour. I wonder if it's my end or if the site is overloaded right now.

I transferred my account over and received my mail instantly.

Maybe check your spam folder perhaps? I know that anything LEGO related that's sent to me in GMail is labeled correctly.

Zerojul

I had to try multiple times before getting anything. There was like maybe 2 hours between the first time I asked for the confirmation mail and when I eventually got something in my gmail account after asking for it for the nth time...

Sopwith Camel post count!

So I got more spare time than I thought and put together my two new sets (as well as something extra).

Lord Business' Evil Lair is a really great build. There are plenty of advanced techniques in it, like reversing the arches to make the holding cells, making a conference table with attached chairs, the lifelike macro builds of the Kragle and the battery, and the complex glue gun that pops out. Not to mention lite-modular designs like the railing and the pillar tops. The set also comes with a ton of useful window panels and lots of black chairs.

The figures are of course ace. Biznis Kitty is adorable, maybe even more than the standard one. Vitruvius is only available in this and Sea Cow and you really want him. Lord Business himself is a funny little build. I also like how this set naturally invites other figures like Pants Guy, anyone who's designated as a Master Builder, the Octan robots. The cops aren't that interesting but it's great to get the luchador.

Death Star Troopers is a basic troop builder. I just wanted the imperial guards and the new guns. The rest will go into the parts bin. Compared to Evil Lair, it's just a stupid build where you put a bunch of pieces together and add a barrel to make a gun.

Then there are ones that really surprise me as I rebuilt them. Like this lil guy:

6886-1.jpg

SNOT work, hidden wings that unfold. Offset areas using jumper plates. Stuff I never quite appreciated so much as a kid, but love as an adult. This was one set I did love as a kid and actually memorized the instructions so I could build it without a book.

I wanted this thing so bad as a kid. My friend had one and I was jealous. I remember going to Toys R Us for my birthday, eager to pick one up, only to find out there was a whole new line of Space Police sets out.

I ended up with this:

603px-6897_Box.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

I tried this morning twice and nothing still.

ghostmind

:( guess i'll never get one... oh well... why didn't they sell it on amazon like they do the Back to the Future set?

I REALLY hope the ghostbuster set gets put on amazon. It deserves the added sales that would generate

In other news... my Star Wars visual dictionary (2014 edition) shipped and I should get it tomorrow along with the 2014 Spidey & Doc Oc set amazon had on discount (still does, actually)

I know the summer 2014 sets aren't out yet but I wonder if they were able to squeeze them into the book or not? Would love to see some Rebels stuff in there.

I got the book today. Some of the 2H OT sets are in there, as well as the Sandcrawler, but no Rebels sets.

xGz4Wb2.jpg

A few more cabinets done (30 games all in). Every time I think I am almost done with the cabinets I remember something else. Gotta do some more shoot em ups as I only have Daris 3 screen Megalo 2 setup and then I need some racers.

Worl Club Champion Football;

Gundam Musou with live screen;

Spocker

Theres a new Star Destroyer coming out? Now I don't know if I want to pick up the current one or wait for the new one :/

That is the old 2006 non-UCS set, not a new one.

Edit: Never mind, I now see it is two different sets, so I guess a new one is coming. 1175 pieces if my eyes don't deceive me

ghostmind

That is the old 2006 non-UCS set, not a new one.

Edit: Never mind, I now see it is two different sets, so I guess a new one is coming. 1175 pieces if my eyes don't deceive me

03rKSxc.jpg

Yep, one of many new OT sets coming in the summer wave.

EDIT: interesting that the piece-counts are so different

I wanted this thing so bad as a kid. My friend had one and I was jealous. I remember going to Toys R Us for my birthday, eager to pick one up, only to find out there was a whole new line of Space Police sets out.

I ended up with this:

603px-6897_Box.jpg

Holy shit I had that Space Police set as a kid! My favorite thing was the jail thing strangely enough. Loved the mini figs and I now that I think about it, most of my minifigs as a kid were the space ones. Blue spaceman Benny was my favorite as a kid, but I always swapped his head with the Blacktron minifig.

yeah, I voted on that earlier. I think the use of the batman franchise would greatly benefit from this, especially seeing they would be open to it based on the blue batman junior set released recently.

Oooh. Another one.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/61339

I can see why it's hard for some projects to get off the ground. There's so many projects that aren't interesting and/or will never get made. It makes browsing experience not so good. I know there are a lot of "kid" entries and as a community we should encourage their initiative and creativity (there is an entry for a basic brick built couch). Perhaps a filter by age would help. This way there is no negative vibes and AFOLs and TFOLs can bypass those if desired.

Oooh. Another one.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/61339

I can see why it's hard for some projects to get off the ground. There's so many projects that aren't interesting and/or will never get made. It makes browsing experience not so good. I know there are a lot of "kid" entries and as a community we should encourage their initiative and creativity (there is an entry for a basic brick built couch). Perhaps a filter by age would help. This way there is no negative vibes and AFOLs and TFOLs can bypass those if desired.

that's the one I saw... I like this one better to be honest.

Kyari

It's killing me how LEGO isn't making more Super Hero stuff. Marvel seems to have a large assortment of heroes and villains made. DC side needs to catch up. It's all Batman + something.

I'm pretty sure they've talked about this; its because sets with Batman in sell significantly better than sets without Batman in. (The same actually holds true for all things DC) Its kind of a flawed premise on Lego's part, because the only non-Batman sets were the Superman/WonderWoman/Lex set and then the Man of Steel sets... and lets face it the Man of Steel sets were not great.

At least on the DC side they're trying to add variety with Batman by having them be Batman (in multiple costumes) & Friend vs Villain. That they randomly have the Flash in the Batmobile set is cool, Aquaman was in one last year with the Batboat, and while yes they're still Bat Family this year we got Nightwing, a Damian Wayne and Batgirl.

The Marvel sets are FAR worse offenders at the moment, given how many of the sets are Spider-Man based (because like Batman for DC, Spidey sets sell best for Marvel) but offer no variety in Spider-Man himself and while they offer variety with the sidekick figures they're all very specifically based on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. I assume there is likely a licensing issue that prevents them from selling Spidey in anything other than what can be considered a likeness to the USM cartoon and that's why we haven't had alternates like Superior Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man 2099, etc.

The inconsistant style across the Marvel lego is also problem because a significant portion of the figures are movie inspired and then the other half (primarily with the Spider-Man branded things) are much more vibrant and cartoon/comic oriented.

Though at least this year we got a classic Doc Ock.

frogg609

I'm really hoping that set 75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser will be on sale during the May the 4th event. It's a cool looking ship, but I'd rather not spend 89.99 on it as I'm already planning on buying too much.

Top Bottom