• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

mojiimbo

Falcon might not be included. From what I heard most of the sales items are Star Wars clocks, watches, keychains and magnets with a tiny discount on a handful of random assorted sets on like the sail barge and AT-RT.

Falcon might not be included. From what I heard most of the sales items are Star Wars clocks, watches, keychain and magnets with a tiny discount on a handful of random assorted sets on like the sail barge and AT-RT.

...Ugh please don't be true. I just want one big SW set and be done with it to get Revan. I need to save for June...

With just the 10% off and my VIP points... Guess I'll just get the Falcon then if it's in stock. Disappointing, but I hope I can wait a bit longer for R2D2.
I would not recommend doing this

Falcon might not be included. From what I heard most of the sales items are Star Wars clocks, watches, keychains and magnets with a tiny discount on a handful of random assorted sets on like the sail barge and AT-RT.

...Ugh please don't be true. I just want one big SW set and be done with it to get Revan. I need to save for June...

There are other items like keychains clocks and magnets that will get larger discounts, yes, but the sales on the actual sets are all 10% off. My manager told me to look over the list at what was discounted but then I couldn't find it so I honestly don't remember if the Falcon is part of the sale or not, but I know some of the keychains and magnets are getting HEAVY discounts if anyone cares (I do for easy army building wooooo).

Hive Crawler get! It was 50% off and tucked away in a tiny corner of the bottom shelf with 4 Obliterators (also half off), makes me wonder what I missed in that corner on my last 3 trips...

After putting it together... man, Lego designers can think up some incredibly inventive stuff!

Snaku

Banned
Damn, after that sweet discount the B-Wing got last year, I was hoping for a similar nice deal. 10% is the best they're gonna offer? Shit, may as well put off buying some of those UCS sets, buy Revan off eBay, and save for Ghostbusters/Spaceship.

I would not recommend doing this

The funny thing is that R2D2 was never really on my radar. I love the character but never felt the need to get the UCS set of him. Han Solo, Chewie and the Milleniumn Falcon are hands-down my actual favorite characters from Star Wars hence why I was preferring to get the Falcon over R2.

Part of me is okay with missing out on R2 if I can't find him later, strangely, but I also know that I've been putting off getting the Falcon in favor of the Marvel sets since I got back into collecting.

tumblr_n4wl9sopX81qb00mjo1_1280.jpg

Hahahahahahaha LET'S GO LEGO DO IT I DARE YOU

That's the one set I've been begging for to actually happen. It really needs to happen because it would be truly, truly outrageous...ly awesome.

I'd take an Imperial Star-Destroyer sized Helicarrier with a Microfighters-esque Quinjet for "scale". Also since LOTR got that 2-foot-something tower then Age of Ultron better get an Avengers Tower set.

gsrjedi

Ghostbusters set looks good

Disappointed in only 10% off for this weekend. I wasn't planning on spending a lot anyways, but I think I'll finish off the microfighters and some other small stuff to get Revan

I love the GB set so much but I really think I'll be modding mine at least a little in some areas to be like yours - specifically I hate the way they did the left and right sides of the front... what are those, fenders? How they made them pointy and then they come out into that half-circle with a single round stud on them looks ugly as fuck.

wetwired

I love the GB set so much but I really think I'll be modding mine at least a little in some areas to be like yours - specifically I hate the way they did the left and right sides of the front... what are those, fenders? How they made them pointy and then they come out into that half-circle with a single round stud on them looks ugly as fuck.

I think I might try to make Ecto-1A once I get 2 of them

I think I might try to make Ecto-1A once I get 2 of them

Awesome! I'm gonna buy 2 as well, but I'm gonna keep one in the box FOREVER. You don't even know how excited I am for your set dude, Ghostbusters is my #1 favorite movie of all time. The next month is gonna be hell, each set I get between now and then (sorry Sandcrawler) will just be meaningless filler to pass the time until June 1st hahahaha

Really nice, Wetwired. Congrats :) Makes me wish I was into Ghostbusters.

Please know that I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I'm a big fan of the revision. The proportions have been cleaned up tremendously; and that's not to say that yours were bad in the first place.

I guess that's why they work for Lego. That being said, having a great canvas to begin with makes a world of difference.

The same goes for the BTTF set, too. Both vehicles have come out sleeker to me.

So as I'm going through sorting the pieces to my UC Millenium Falcon and AT-ST, I'm getting lost pieces.

Where is the best place to order individual pieces from? Preferably online.

EDIT - NVM the Pick a Brick on the lego site seems to be pretty cheap.

wetwired

Thanks guys, I've been filming a video review all night, it will go over the set in more detail, I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the set, though it's difficult for me to be unbiased on that :p

Thanks guys, I've been filming a video review all night, it will go over the set in more detail, I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the set, though it's difficult for me to be unbiased on that :p

Wetwired.. do you get anything for the design other than a free item?

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Congrats again Wetwired.

Very cool that LEGO are letting you show this stuff off first - looking forward to the video!

1% of net profits

Not bad if you are doing something that you love doing. Congrats!

On a different note, I remember a while back seeing something about a MOC of the Winchester from Shaun of the Dead. However... even tho it got the votes it needed... they opted to not do it (I understand why, cuz of the overall popularity not being high enough)... I would love to find the directions to build that.... lol.

1% of net profits

Very nice...keep us posted on your earnings. haha

I have to say that your Ecto-1 blows the DeLorean time machine out of the water. I know they're two totally different classic movies, but you and Lego hit this one out of the park! I'll be picking up two. On a side note, I haven't even bought one time machine yet and I don't think I ever will. I just can't get over how awful it looks.

wetwired

Not bad if you are doing something that you love doing. Congrats!

On a different note, I remember a while back seeing something about a MOC of the Winchester from Shaun of the Dead. However... even tho it got the votes it needed... they opted to not do it (I understand why, cuz of the overall popularity not being high enough)... I would love to find the directions to build that.... lol.

It wasn't a popularity thing, it was due to the violent content not aligning with LEGOs values. The instructions for it are available here though

Got five random Simpsons, managed to get Bart, Lisa and Mr Burns that I wanted. Also got the BR exclusive figure and a Karai Bike Escape since I realized that her hair is perfect for one of my customs.

Top Bottom