• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Zerojul

Exactly why I was waiting to get it. The ship is great and the minfigs are really good too so I am happy to finally get it but yes, nasty price. At least this way it's a bit better.

It's, I think, the first time I see a 1€ = 1£ conversion. I know that TLG's price policy is quite strange sometimes, but this sets a new record.
But yeah, I'm doing exactly the same myself. 15% + my points from the SSD will bring it to 65€, which is a very good price. It won't get any cheaper I guess, being an exclusive and all.

From the newest LEGO magazine...
I love the new mixels (the orange ones have mustaches which is full of win) , I love the Agents minifigs and I'm pretty excited about all the OT sets in next SW wave. My wallet is not ready.

I thought I'd be safe just getting the Sand Crawler in May, but if the new sets come and force out Galaxy Squad I might have no other choice. I was expecting these to hit a lot later on, like June at the earliest but more towards July/August. Yikes.

neonglow

I thought I'd be safe just getting the Sand Crawler in May, but if the new sets come and force out Galaxy Squad I might have no other choice. I was expecting these to hit a lot later on, like June at the earliest but more towards July/August. Yikes.

Any info of big discounts for the May 4th sale? I'm wondering if US LEGO stores will discount the exclusives after the recent no discount policy.

Any info of big discounts for the May 4th sale? I'm wondering if US LEGO stores will discount the exclusives after the recent no discount policy.

We still have no information about how much it will be or what sets. It's pretty safe to assume that Sandcrawler won't be discounted, though, and I think someone else mentioned Ewok Village? But other than that, we have no info yet. Kinda aggravating since the event is in 4 days but then, I'd imagine they'd want to keep a lid on it as long as possible.

wetwired

Looks like CUUSOO is going down today and never to return...but for LEGO Ideas to take it's place, I guess I can say I had the most votes in the last week of CUUSOO

Zerojul

We still have no information about how much it will be or what sets. It's pretty safe to assume that Sandcrawler won't be discounted, though, and I think someone else mentioned Ewok Village? But other than that, we have no info yet. Kinda aggravating since the event is in 4 days but then, I'd imagine they'd want to keep a lid on it as long as possible.

Yeah AFAIK Ewok Village is not discounted in Europe, at least in France and in the UK, if that's any indication...

jpatez34

Neo Member
It's been a while since I last uploaded my latest sets.

Just got back from the LEGO store in Shephards Bush where they had the UCS Sandcrawler built. It's AWESOME!!!!

So here is my haul - The Sea Cow, 4 Simpsons Collectable Mini-Figs (if anyone wants to swap for a Scratchy then please contact me) and 2 LEGO Movie CMF's.

Tried to blag a Darth Revan but no luck :-(

gQbS11Z.jpg

gU289yl.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
Hey Cruzito - What set do you have behind the Walking Dead folks? Looks like a neat looking custom modular.

Edit: Two full sets of Simpson's figures are complete. Bring on the Sandcrawler!

Rootbeer

Banned
Stores where I saw Simpsons last week are totally wiped clean now. I hope more cases are heading out very soon so people can grab some after the LEGO Simpsons episode airs. (also cause I need to get another Scratchy :p)

jpatez34

Neo Member
Is anyone else having this problem? I really want the Darth Revan mini-fig but apart from the UCS Sandcrawler (which I can't afford) there is nothing I'm interested in. Does anyone have the new AT-AP? Is it worth £51?

Edit: Bought the AT-AP and a Clone Turbo Tank Mini, so Darth Revan is incoming and a very old school LEGO Star Wars poster!

Rootbeer

Banned
Found 4 (only) packs of Simpsons at Walgreens when I stopped in for some drinks. Felt the packs, none I needed. Took only about 5 seconds per pack ;P Oh well.

I seem to find a lot of Itchies for some reason.

Zerojul

And now I realize that I like that mermaid CMF a lot and I want it, thanks :)

Today I found out that the shop where my GF works had UCS R2D2 in stock, so I got it for 30% off instead of the 15% of the May the 4th promotion, which is obivously better ! Thanks honey :)

These Simpsons CMFs are some of the easiest to feel for. I was able to find just the ones I was looking for with minimal effort. Picked up Homer, Krusty, and stupid sexy Flanders.

These Simpsons CMFs are some of the easiest to feel for. I was able to find just the ones I was looking for with minimal effort. Picked up Homer, Krusty, and stupid sexy Flanders.

Agreed. I can fly through the packs. Milhouse and Ralph are the hardest to tell apart. You can tell the heads apart, but it take a little extra effort.

Paging Phon - there's a Blacktron article up on Brickset right now.

http://brickset.com/article/11109/collecting-old-sets

Best space line ever. Still upset I can't find the other large Blacktron logo piece for the Message Intercept Base, because I cant rebuild it without it.

But I want a new Blacktron model. I really hope Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP! and Exosuit do well and shows LEGO that there is a thirst for classic space themes.

Only Phon? I love seeing talk of old sets, those are my favorite Lego sets, new sets are good but the old ones are too good.

There is a lot of nostalgia clouding our brains with old sets. Having rebuilt quite a few this past couple of years, they don't hold up as well as I thought. Well, not all of them. Some still are classy as hell.

There is a lot of nostalgia clouding our brains with old sets. Having rebuilt quite a few this past couple of years, they don't hold up as well as I thought. Well, not all of them. Some still are classy as hell.

The ones that I think still hold up are basically the ones I still have. Some sets I adored from childhood...turned out to be not that good sadly.

Kyari

Went to the lego store in the metro centre gateshead this evening to pick up the Jedi Defender. It was absolutely dead, my cousin and I were the only 2 people in the shop, so we had a chance to chat with the cashier. LOVELY bloke, as I was the only one buying enough to get Revan he gave us an extra one for my cousin, and then after lamenting that I had missed Martian Manhunter he went out to the back and got us one each of him too. :D

The ones that I think still hold up are basically the ones I still have. Some sets I adored from childhood...turned out to be not that good sadly.

Then there are ones that really surprise me as I rebuilt them. Like this lil guy:

6886-1.jpg

SNOT work, hidden wings that unfold. Offset areas using jumper plates. Stuff I never quite appreciated so much as a kid, but love as an adult. This was one set I did love as a kid and actually memorized the instructions so I could build it without a book.

ghostmind

Best space line ever. Still upset I can't find the other large Blacktron logo piece for the Message Intercept Base, because I cant rebuild it without it.

But I want a new Blacktron model. I really hope Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP! and Exosuit do well and shows LEGO that there is a thirst for classic space themes.

I am hoping that LEGO makes a big Space push for 2015/2016, to capitalize on the new Star Wars films (beyond what their own SW push will be).

ghostmind

Only Phon? I love seeing talk of old sets, those are my favorite Lego sets, new sets are good but the old ones are too good.

Phon has been vocal about his love for Blacktron, so I singled him out, but anyone who is a fan of the older Space sets should check out the article, and catch up on JANGs Classic Space videos of late (he's doing Life on Mars next).

I am doing some deep thinking about my LEGO collecting habits, and one path I am considering would be to abandon some of the themes I follow now, in order to start buying up older space sets (and continue expanding my Star Wars collection).

One more month until Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!

frogg609

Blacktron 1 is my favorite space series, followed by Space Police 1. I have the Renegade and Invader currently, but will eventually own all of them.

Ryuuroden

I see them.

Decool and Sheng Yuan are the two biggest bootleg brands I've seen. I'm sure there are more. I wonder if the LEGO factory that is being built in China will help curb counterfeits at all.

Actually I'm wondering if it will be the exact opposite. The Chinese govt. usually makes you give up proprietary technology and know-how if you want to expand into their market. It's how their state owned companies have then managed to catch up to the west in a lot of technologies. It's also why a lot of the most high tech of american electronics (mostly ones that have military uses as well as commercial) is not manufactured there due to the blatant robbery of manufacturing know-how the Chinese practice.

Then there are ones that really surprise me as I rebuilt them. Like this lil guy:

6886-1.jpg

SNOT work, hidden wings that unfold. Offset areas using jumper plates. Stuff I never quite appreciated so much as a kid, but love as an adult. This was one set I did love as a kid and actually memorized the instructions so I could build it without a book.

This little set is amazing, it's crazy what they were able to pack into it. A really clever set...I need to put it back together.

Just completed the Superman vs. Power Armor.

WOW what an amazing little build. This is one of those sets I'm going to keep on the shelf for a while!

Caladrius

I envy you folks that can actually collect the older sets.

I'm looking for mint condition Toa Mata and can only quake in terror at the prices.

I should be getting a job soon though so I can start affording junk.

Brown Mixels will be best Mixels.

The brown ones are pretty cool too. No hope for orange though. blargh.

Draxal

For some reason, the old spaceships don't do it for me. Give me a good curve on a ship like the Bug Obliterator or Quinjet and imma happy man.

For some reason, the old spaceships don't do it for me. Give me a good curve on a ship like the Bug Obliterator or Quinjet and imma happy man.
6986-1.jpg

Favorite old school ship. This thing is all business. The back area detaches and houses multiple jail cells. The crank on the side makes the front open up and ejects a ground vehicle. Just awesome, and holds up rather well.

Draxal

6986-1.jpg

Favorite old school ship. This thing is all business. The back area detaches and houses multiple jail cells. The crank on the side makes the front open up and ejects a ground vehicle. Just awesome, and holds up rather well.

Ships looks fun, but I think it shows the big difference modern lego ship and old lego ship design, modern lego ship design doesn't have as much SOT as older ones do, and for some reason that makes a difference to me.

Cruzito

Neo Member
Hey Cruzito - What set do you have behind the Walking Dead folks? Looks like a neat looking custom modular.

Hey ruxtpin, that is actually the Chilis Restaurant modular building I built a few months back. Got the instructions from BrickCityDepot and parts from bricklink. Was such an awesome build and it's a beautiful show piece.
And yeah, I have a thing for customs! :)

a2tSUme.jpg

I find myself fond of the blocky ships, some of the smooth plastic pieces look cheap at times.

But there are a few curvy spaceships that I like.

I just got the club magazine today and realized the new Sandtrooper is a new print for the torso and helmet (yay!), plus it looks like the next CMF line will possibly have a green motion capture suit guy complete with ping pong balls.

wetwired

A certain package arrived from LEGO yesterday, I can't show it yet unfortunately but as soon as I'm permitted I'll be sure to post pics here :)

Top Bottom