• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
June will be such an epic month T__T Finally LEGO Ghostbusters in my paws! I actually plan on buying two (just as I did with the Delorean)

And wow cool free set... definitely will be getting that.

Wonder if the May the 4th deals will entice me enough to get a Darth Revan or not? Frankly not that interested but i'm game if something catches my eye. Because there are sooo many upcoming sets I need to focus on.

*edit* Oh and Look what amazon will be carrying... The Simpsons House!

neonglow

uQIxh9v.jpg

I'm down for the free polybag. It will look great with the Fairground Mixer. It's finally time to get Benny's Spaceship^3!

Kyari

Can't wait to pick up the Ecto-1 so that the Ghostbusters and Doc Brown can finally team up to battle the very real threat of time ghosts.

June will be such an epic month T__T Finally LEGO Ghostbusters in my paws! I actually plan on buying two (just as I did with the Delorean)

And wow cool free set... definitely will be getting that.

Wonder if the May the 4th deals will entice me enough to get a Darth Revan or not? Frankly not that interested but i'm game if something catches my eye. Because there are sooo many upcoming sets I need to focus on.

*edit* Oh and Look what amazon will be carrying... The Simpsons Househttp://amzn.com/B00HX14C7Q!

ELeKvzj.gif

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Tried Lego Ideas again this morning. About 10 minutes ago. Still no email.

theaface

Didn't see this posted yet. Some nice freebies for us UK folk:

The Daily Mail is once again running another LEGO promotion in just a few short weeks. Starting on May 10th until May 17th you will be able to grab a LEGO polybag. The promotion works as follows, buy the newspaper and exchange voucher for one polybag. Bulk purchasing not allowed, WHSmiths will once again be stocking the polybags.

Here is the line up for the polybag promotion.

Sat 10th – 30302 Spider-Glider
Sun 11th – 30282 Super Secret Police Enforcer
Mon 12th – 30246 Imperial Shuttle
Tue 13th – 30189 Creator Transport Plane
Wed 14th – 30228 Police ATV
Thu 15th – 30247 Starfighter
Fri 16th – 30301 Batwing
Sat 17th – 30300 Tumbler

Link Here

Rootbeer

Banned
WHY won't some retailer in the US do polybag promotions like that :(

Please will someone step up to the challenge! Sure would be an easy way to get me to buy a paper or magazine

Or, heck, let me go even further: i'd gladly BUY those polybags if only retailers would stock them :( Target has the Tumblr but usually polybags don't stay on shelves long if they even get stocked at all :/ Least in my area

Star Wars polys are particularly hard to find, or anything with a minifigure included

Kinda digging the catalog. It would be great to have....

Thinking on picking up the xwing for May 4th, instead of the sand crawler. I got my first modular and if I get the xwing instead of the crawler... I would have enough to get a 2nd moldular.

Kinda digging the catalog. It would be great to have....

Thinking on picking up the xwing for May 4th, instead of the sand crawler. I got my first modular and if I get the xwing instead of the crawler... I would have enough to get a 2nd moldular.

Logical thinking. And a very wise decision.

I am in big trouble. June should be called The Widowmaker because my wife is definitely going to divorce me if I buy all three Lego Movie sets and Ecto-1 when they're released. I've been successful in sneaking in a set or two from time to time, but this is going to be tough. First world problems, I know.

Well I was going to get something big on May 4th but I guess I'll get the cheapest thing that caches my eye to spend $75...then wait for June and buy the Spaceship, get some free balloons, then grab the Ghostbusters set :D

theaface

I got the cinema as my first modular and I am leaning towards town hall or the emporium (think that is the name) as my 2nd.... or pet store... choices choices choices...
any ideas what is best to get next?

The simple answer if you're planning to get them is generally to get them in the order of release, as the ones that have been out the longest tend to be the most likely to be discontinued first. In this case, that would be the Grand Emporium. It's the only modular I own so far, but I think it's pretty great.

Zerojul

I got the cinema as my first modular and I am leaning towards town hall or the emporium (think that is the name) as my 2nd.... or pet store... choices choices choices...
I think Grand Emporium is the older set, so if you want to get them all, that may be a good idea to get this one first...
Edit : beaten :)

Pet Shop, then Grand Emporium, then Green Grocer once you realize that you need to have them all.

I am in big trouble. June should be called The Widowmaker because my wife is definitely going to divorce me if I buy all three Lego Movie sets and Ecto-1 when they're released. I've been successful in sneaking in a set or two from time to time, but this is going to be tough. First world problems, I know.

Don't you mean kill you? She can't be a widow if you're still alive. :)

Not sure on your situation, but all of those sets should be around for 1 year at least. Spread them out. Ecto-1 and Spaceship should be on the top of your list.

Don't you mean kill you? She can't be a widow if you're still alive. :)

Not sure on your situation, but all of those sets should be around for 1 year at least. Spread them out. Ecto-1 and Spaceship should be on the top of your list.

I would love to spread them out, but in the words of Veruca Salt, "I want it NOW!!", or from the Borg, "Resistance is futile!" =)

And I laughed out loud here at work after reading your comment about my wife killing me.

jordisok

How often are the Lego Retail Store sets on sale? Curious as my local store (Bluewater,UK) is having a 15th birthday celebration thing soon and will be giving some free with £100+ purchases.

neonglow

How often are the Lego Retail Store sets on sale? Curious as my local store (Bluewater,UK) is having a 15th birthday celebration thing soon and will be giving some free with £100+ purchases.

If you mean like discounts on actual widely available sets, it's only twice a year. Star Wars sets in May and several sets during Black Friday in November. There's also random clearances when you're trying to get rid of overstock.

theaface

If you mean like discounts on actual widely available sets, it's only twice a year. Star Wars sets in May and several sets during Black Friday in November. There's also random clearances when you're trying to get rid of overstock.

He means the set of a Lego retail shop, which they're giving away with spends of over £100. I think they're pretty rare, and I'd be getting one for sure if I was nearer.

neonglow

He means the set of a Lego retail shop, which they're giving away with spends of over £100. I think they're pretty rare, and I'd be getting one for sure if I was nearer.

Ah ok...misread it. Those LEGO Shop sets are pretty rare. Usually only reserved for store openings.

Rootbeer

Banned
TRU: snagged a jedi defender for 30% off. As I was in line to check out I heard someone ask the cust service person if they had any Simpsons figs... Which is exactly what I intended to ask before checking out.

So I helped a young Asian chick feel for about 8 figs she needed as I felt for the ones I did. Left with 2x scratchy 1x burns 1x Ralph and 1x lisa (now I have 3x of the whole main family, heh)

A store employee christened me the 'pack whisperer'

Glad I'm gay or it could have turned into awkward situation :p

Anyway I'm 100% done with Simpsons now. Unless I spot another weary brickfan in need of my services.

Slightly off topic from what the original question was, but I was just asking my manager about this yesterday. We were talking about the new sets coming in and where to put them, I asked if Lego just clearances older themes to get rid of them and she said they only do those kinds of discounts around July 4th or the day after Christmas. Otherwise you're right, general sales are May 3-5 for Star Wars and Black Friday.

Also the May the 4th discount in 10% off selected sets in the US. :|

Checking out the newest entries in LEGO Ideas. I got a kick out of this one.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/63116

EDIT:

It's killing me how LEGO isn't making more Super Hero stuff. Marvel seems to have a large assortment of heroes and villains made. DC side needs to catch up. It's all Batman + something.

yeah, I voted on that earlier. I think the use of the batman franchise would greatly benefit from this, especially seeing they would be open to it based on the blue batman junior set released recently.

Didn't Lego just release a poster hinting at the classic tv series Batmobile?

Holy shit I had that Space Police set as a kid! My favorite thing was the jail thing strangely enough. Loved the mini figs and I now that I think about it, most of my minifigs as a kid were the space ones. Blue spaceman Benny was my favorite as a kid, but I always swapped his head with the Blacktron minifig.

Yeah that little droppable jail cell got a lot of play time and usage when I was a kid. And Lego space has always been my favorite theme, most of my sets were different Space themes.

Aww yiss Ecto-1 for me on June 1st. Can't wait.

And ugh, still undecided for my May 4th purchase... I'll just see what happens lol.

Plus Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship is getting bought due to massive nostalgia.

Just got back from the Lego shop and helped my mate pick out the 16 Simpson minifigs. We were so close to hitting a home run but we got two maggies and no chief wiggums. I did most of the feeling though. I also picked up 5 of the Lego movie figures which I wanted. Lord business, Emmett (just because he has an exclusive face), no pants guy( just for the silliness of him holding up legs), taco Tuesday guy and bad cop.

Kyari

No bulk purchases on the Daily Mail polybags is sad. I imagine I ruined dozens of childrens days over the last few years with this. I have a bag full of like 15 Bat Jetski's and like a dozen of the zombie chauffeur (because it was a great cheap source of zombie minifig heads).

Zerojul

No bulk purchases on the Daily Mail polybags is sad. I imagine I ruined dozens of childrens days over the last few years with this. I have a bag full of like 15 Bat Jetski's and like a dozen of the zombie chauffeur (because it was a great cheap source of zombie minifig heads).

You should be ashamed of yourself and I would have done exactly the same :)

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO Simpsons on amazon! (for... 5.99 YIKES!)

http://amzn.com/B00JDFTN60

They could discount it later though... so something to watch I guess.

Also i think Perisian Restaurant may also be on amazon now... or at least it WAS... it's sales ranking rose almost 700% today but i don't see amazon listed as a seller. Did they already sell out?

ghostmind

The winning name for the LEGO/ReBrick "Name the Pirate Ship" contest is:

The Brick Bounty

The winner will be getting a signed copy of the set, once it releases next year.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not really fond of brick jokes in the names of sets or even in the sets themselves (example: brick-e-mart instead of kwik-e-mart)

in the right context (lego movie, simpsons lego episode) it's fine... but not in the sets please :p

ghostmind

The pirate ship from the 2009 Pirates release is Brickbeard's Bounty.

Seems not very creative to go with another name that is so similar for the 2015 ship.

Top Bottom