• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ruxtpin

Banned
Any word on the confirmed NA May the Fourth discounts? Im guessing the promos will be live on S@H at 9:00pm pacific, right?

I need this info! I'm surprised something hasn't leaked for NA yet. Even if it's junk, I can go snag something just over the $75 dollar barrier to get the Revan fig.

ghostmind

I need this info! I'm surprised something hasn't leaked for NA yet. Even if it's junk, I can go snag something just over the $75 dollar barrier to get the Revan fig.

I don't think we are going to see a big discount set like last years B-wing. Wordassassin already mentioned only 10% discount - hopefully they add a few better deals on at the last minute.

Regardless, I will be putting in one order tonight, and then at the LEGO store early tomorrow to pick up the Sandcrawler.

hmmblah

I love the similarities between yours and the official set. There are some things about yours I do like better though. Either way, day 1 purchase for sure.

I finally found some Simpsons figs in the wild and an unmolested box of 60 no less. It only took 30 minutes to feel for 16 figs and I managed to get them all with no doubles. On the whole, this was a very easy CMF series to feel out. The hardest were Milhouse and Ralph with Milhouse's hair being the best way to tell them apart.

yMPoxA6.jpg

The figures do look much better in person than in the images so I was pleasantly surprised. All the little details that went into these really make the $4 per fig sting a little less although I do hope they don't continue with this trend of pricing.

ruxtpin

Banned
I don't think we are going to see a big discount set like last years B-wing. Wordassassin already mentioned only 10% discount - hopefully they add a few better deals on at the last minute.

Regardless, I will be putting in one order tonight, and then at the LEGO store early tomorrow to pick up the Sandcrawler.

That's what I was thinking about doing. I'd like to snag two of the Revans before the end and would like to have the Sandcrawler to celebrate getting through my first semester of grad school.

The figures do look much better in person than in the images so I was pleasantly surprised. All the little details that went into these really make the $4 per fig sting a little less although I do hope they don't continue with this trend of pricing.

Pretty sure that they've announced (or it was at least leaked somewhere?) that the next wave will also be $3.99 instead of back down to $2.99. I believe people are surmising the reason is that they'll either come with more stuff, or they'll have some kind of link/code to tie them to the MiniFigure online game that's coming out soon?

hmmblah

Pretty sure that they've announced (or it was at least leaked somewhere?) that the next wave will also be $3.99 instead of back down to $2.99. I believe people are surmising the reason is that they'll either come with more stuff, or they'll have some kind of link/code to tie them to the MiniFigure online game that's coming out soon?

Eh, not good news. They better be really damn good. It's one thing to pay more for licensed products, but to pay the same for their own IP is a little much. It will be interesting to see what side of me will win out in that situation; the collector or the miser.

Eh, not good news. They better be really damn good. It's one thing to pay more for licensed products, but to pay the same for their own IP is a little much. It will be interesting to see what side of me will win out in that situation; the collector or the miser.

I feel the same collector VS miser tug-of-war too. I know I get a discount but it's the principle of the thing, dammit. It's like they're using the Simpsons licensing increase to sneak a price hike in and then hoping people forget they used to be $1 less by the time the next wave comes out.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ordered 16 Simpsons CMF packs online - ended up with dupes for Marge, Nelson, Homer, Krusty. Missing Apu, Scratchy, Bart, Wiggum.

wetwired

Day one for me as well; two boxes for sure!

Love the look of both the original and the revision!

Can't wait to watch Ghostbusters June 1st as well!

wetwired, does the set build into a Ghostbusters (GB) 2 version of Ecto 1, or is the GB2 version the same as the GB version? Either way, I can't wait for the set!

It's only the original one. Ecto-1 (left) was in the first film, Ecto-1A (right) was the one in the 2nd movie

Ecto1-1A.jpg

So it's mainly the chevron lines down the side and the different detail on the roof. I'm planning on making 1A when I get another set.

neonglow

Here's the details on the US May 4th promotions. I'll probably pick up the Malevolence at that price.

50% off – Desert Skiff (9496)
50% off – The Malevolence (9515)
50% off – Pre Vizsla’s Mandalorian Fighter (9525)
20% off – Republic Assault Ship & Coruscant (75007)
10% off – Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas (75000)
10% off – Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers (75001)
10% off – AT-RT (75002)
10% off – A-wing Starfighter (75003)
10% off – Z-95 Headhunter (75004)
10% off – Rancor Pit (75005)
10% off – BARC Speeder with Sidecar (75012)
10% off – Umbaran MHC (Mobile Heavy Cannon) (75013)
10% off – Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (75015)
10% off – Homing Spider Droid (75016)
10% off – Duel on Geonosis (75017)
10% off – Jek-14′s Stealth Starfighter (75018)
10% off – AT-TE (75019)
10% off – Jabba’s Sail Barge (75020)
10% off – Republic Gunship (75021)
10% off – Mandalorian Speeder (75022)
10% off – HH-87 Starhopper (75024)
10% off – Jedi Defender-class Cruiser (75025)

http://www.neoape.com/lego-shop-star-wars-may-the-4th-be-with-you-complete-details/

Figured as such. Anyways, heading home now and gonna stop by my local LEGO shop to see what's in stock so that I can possibly put it on hold for tomorrow.

Rootbeer

Banned
hmmm clone wars is just about my least favorite sub-theme... we'll see :(

Desert Skiff though? To anyone who does not have it... ridiculously great deal there. That Boba Minifig is fantastic

neonglow

I was hoping the 2014 Star Wars sets would be slightly discounted but since they're not, I'll go with The Malevolence and Mandalorian Fighter to get Darth Revan. I think that will be a popular combination.

Snaku

Banned
So disappointed that the Red Five X-Wing isn't getting a decent, or any, discount. Was really hoping to pick that one up. But that deal on the Malevolence and Desert Skiff are a damn sweet deal, definitely going to pick those up and get my Revan.

Not surprised Red 5 wasn't discounted, it's a popular set. The B-Wing I doubt was a good seller, like the Jedi Starfighter UCS that got quick discounts

ghostmind

Not surprised Red 5 wasn't discounted, it's a popular set. The B-Wing I doubt was a good seller, like the Jedi Starfighter UCS that got quick discounts

... and I'm betting that an X-wing or two make an appearance in Episode VII, so we could see the Red 5 set stick around for a while.

frogg609

Was hoping UCS R2-D2 was going to be on sale, but since it's not I may not pick it up (I know it's going to retire, but I really want the Sandcrawler).

Went to the Lego Store tonight at the Colorado Mills mall. Managed to pick up the following minifigs:

pO03rXGl.jpg

I'm really happy with that. The only dupe I got was Mr. Burns. Just need to get Scratchy, Nelson, Apu, and Milhouse (the other's are at home, hence why not a complete pic).

Also excited because the Toys R Us Outlet store had 5 of the Jedi Defender Class Cruiser. They also honored the price the price regular Toys R Us stores are doing so I got that for 72.48 including tax.

Pretty good haul for the evening. Tomorrow I will be back to hem and haw and drool and probably pick up the Sandcrawler.

(I'll be wearing the TeeFury 1980-something space program shirt while I'm there if any fellow Gaffer's want to say "hi").

Here's the details on the US May 4th promotions. I'll probably pick up the Malevolence at that price.

50% off – Desert Skiff (9496)
50% off – The Malevolence (9515)
50% off – Pre Vizsla’s Mandalorian Fighter (9525)
20% off – Republic Assault Ship & Coruscant (75007)
10% off – Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas (75000)
10% off – Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers (75001)
10% off – AT-RT (75002)
10% off – A-wing Starfighter (75003)
10% off – Z-95 Headhunter (75004)
10% off – Rancor Pit (75005)
10% off – BARC Speeder with Sidecar (75012)
10% off – Umbaran MHC (Mobile Heavy Cannon) (75013)
10% off – Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (75015)
10% off – Homing Spider Droid (75016)
10% off – Duel on Geonosis (75017)
10% off – Jek-14′s Stealth Starfighter (75018)
10% off – AT-TE (75019)
10% off – Jabba’s Sail Barge (75020)
10% off – Republic Gunship (75021)
10% off – Mandalorian Speeder (75022)
10% off – HH-87 Starhopper (75024)
10% off – Jedi Defender-class Cruiser (75025)

http://www.neoape.com/lego-shop-star-wars-may-the-4th-be-with-you-complete-details/

Desert Skiff is so worth it for 50% off for the Boba Fett alone. Aftermarket price of Boba Fett is around $9 plus you have to pay shipping which would be at least $2.

Simpsons makes sense for $3.99 due to all the new moulds for the head and the licensing.

$3.99 for CMFs is crazy. That's a 33% price hike. They could at least eased into it with price of $3.49. Then after another series or two hike it up to $3.99.

I never got me the X-Wing with Porkins, I think I'm going to do this online since I just called my two closest lego stores and they don't have it in stock.

I'll probably get army builder sets to fill the price gap. After I got the Best Star, my Lego Star Wars desires were satisfied then and there.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Got the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser with my Revan. I'm just glad I got Revan, but I also want to get LEGO sets, and I figure getting an Old Republic LEGO set was a good start.

Malevolence sold out before I could even check out, fml.

holy crap, really? I had one in my cart just to see if the discounts were live (before they showed up on the site).

I have no interest in that ship, but I feel your pain having searched high and low online and missing many Marvel Legends Black Widow opportunities

Roody

Neo Member
Woo! Got the Malevolence, Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser, and Pre Vizsla’s Mandalorian Fighter. And Revan, of course. Not a bad haul.

Top Bottom