• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Snaku

Banned
I mean why the fuck would they put a set on sale when they clearly had no where near enough stock to satisfy demand beyond two minutes? It doesn't make sense.

Had the Malevolence in my cart right at 9pm PT and took my sweet time adding a couple of other things. Next thing I know, it was gone from my cart. It sold out in less than five minutes. That's what I get for strolling. Doh!

Congrats to all who got one for $60. Looks like the skiff is now sold out too.

Pfft, was thinking of getting the Malevolence plus something random then sell the Revan fig for a super cheap, big and cool looking ship. Aw well, not gonna moan too much considering I've never even watched The Clones Wars.

Still, maybe they'll restock it this weekend.

ghostmind

Yup. Even if I add the fraking Sandcrawler, it's only giving me the poster.

As secret rob mentioned, the Sandcrawler is not counting as a Star Wars set, which is ridiculous. Calling customer service after you placed your order would fix that though.

Sounds like you aren't getting Revan no matter what you try though.

As secret rob mentioned, the Sandcrawler is not counting as a Star Wars set, which is ridiculous. Calling customer service after you placed your order would fix that though.

Sounds like you aren't getting Revan no matter what you try though.

Nothing is working. Is it my IP address?!

Just added the TOR Jedi Defender-class Cruiser into my cart for fun and it added both Revan and the poster in my cart.

Hmm... Now I'm tempted to possibly get something this weekend lol.

Randomly, I picked up a Bart minifig after I was chatting with the LEGO employees. Maybe I'll get Itchy and Scratchy over the weekend along with another Star Wars purchase.

Holy shit. I think it's the Sale items thats causing me not get Revan. Specifically the Umbaran #75013. Having that in my bag, the only sale item, is disqualify me.

Fowler

Holy shit. I think it's the Sale items thats causing me not get Revan. Specifically the Umbaran #75013. Having that in my bag, the only sale item, is disqualify me.

I just tested with Umbaran + Rancor Pit and it works for me -- and I'm in a place the US LEGO shop doesn't deliver to, so my IP address shouldn't work (if that was a thing).

Weird as the Jedi Defender-class ship is on sale and it added Revan to my order...

Not sure what's up with your order dude, but that's super weird.

Okay, that hypothesis is scrapped.

I was trying to order"

Umbaran 75013
X-wing 75032
TIE Interceptor 75031
Death Star Troopers 75034

No Revan with that combination. But now I've only added AT-TE 75019 and I'm getting Revan.

If anyone else wants to try that specific combination, let me know if Revan shows up for you.

secret rob

Neo Member

I was trying to order"

Umbaran 75013
X-wing 75032
TIE Interceptor 75031

No Revan with that combination. But now I've only added AT-TE 75019 and I'm getting Revan.

If anyone else wants to try that specific combination, let me know if Revan shows up for you.

That combo also does not work for me. I bet like the sandcrawler, one (or more) of those isn't tagged Star Wars for some reason.

I was trying to order"

Umbaran 75013
X-wing 75032
TIE Interceptor 75031

I actually just tried the combo - minus the AT-TE - and Revan was added when I went to checkout and looked at my cart.

ghostmind

I was trying to order"

Umbaran 75013
X-wing 75032
TIE Interceptor 75031

Its the TIE Interceptor.

C'mon LEGO.

Yup, you're right. It's the TIE. Good lord, thank you. I've trying to figure this out for 45 minutes!

Funny you should mention the TIE...

G2CaY1J.jpg

I had no issues with the combo, like I said. But glad you finally got Revan.

I saw the same. But the Revan figure did not a cully show in my bag. The item count should be 6, but even in your screen shot it only shows 5.

That is pretty weird but I basically waited for the little pop-up saying that Darth Revan was added so I kinda glossed over the cart count lol.

The sad thing is I don't really want any of this stuff. Only Revan. =(

I hear ya, though I really did want the Millennium Falcon in order to get Revan.

Funny enough, after realizing that the Jedi Defender-class ship is from the Old Republic... I'm tempted to pick it up since at least it goes with the theme of Revan.

We'll see.

I hear ya, though I really did want the Millennium Falcon in order to get Revan.

Funny enough, after realizing that the Jedi Defender-class ship is from the Old Republic... I'm tempted to pick it up since at least it goes with the theme of Revan.

We'll see.

Jedi Defender is awesome. I'd get it now if I didn't already have it.

neonglow

We'll see.

Toys R Us has that set for $66. It's a $15 difference so it comes down to how much you value the Darth Revan minifigure.

It's worth noting that you can no longer game S@H to get the exclusive May the Fourth figures. For the last two years I was able to get the minifigs by making a $75 purchase with only one item being in the Star Wars theme.

This year, it ALL has to be Star Wars.

secret rob

Neo Member
I went ahead and ordered a Sandcrawler and will call in the morning to get them to fix the Revan. If it doesn't work for some reason, it leaves me with an hour to cancel that order and get to the store before they open.

I've warmed to Revan but can't afford to get anything at the moment. I'll have to try and get him later on when his price goes through the roof.

JANG's Flashback Friday for May 2nd:

I thought this set was odd when I saw it in catalogues in my youth, and I still think it is odd now.

You aren't alone, I always found it an odd set...I mean like...it has a nice assortment of parts but the finished product leaves much to be desired.

I kinda want to sell a bunch of my newer sets and collect more older sets...these videos only reinforce that desire.

neonglow

Weird, the Lego website discounts on things like keychains and clocks are way, way less than they are in stores. I wonder why that is?

Do you know if most LEGO retail stores have the 50% off sets in stock for this event? Feels more like LEGO was trying to clear them out than having them in stock for the promotion.

Top Bottom