• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They should really just make a Creator farm or something and toss in all the animals. It'd be an easy sell!

Or maybe I just really REALLY REALLY want that awesome version 2 shark mold that they only put in super expensive sets. :(

I think those are from previous years - in the Farm and Kingdoms sets.

He is correct. I bought a brown cow already, but really want the black and white one. They are quite pricey on Bricklink. I should have bought Miedeval Market set when I had the chance.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=96089pb01
96089pb01.jpg

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64452pb02c01
64452pb02c01.jpg

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64452pb01c01
64452pb01c01.jpg

They should really just make a Creator farm or something and toss in all the animals. It'd be an easy sell!

Or maybe I just really REALLY REALLY want that awesome version 2 shark mold that they only put in super expensive sets. :(

I bought it on eBay or Bricklink. Hard to find that shark for a good price. I am hopeful that LEGO will produce more animals. They could easily do a farm, zoo, and/or circus theme. They already created a bunch of minifigs in CMF series that fit the circus theme.

ghostmind

He is correct. I bought a brown cow already, but really want the black and white one. They are quite pricey on Bricklink. I should have bought Miedeval Market set when I had the chance.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=96089pb01
96089pb01.jpg

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64452pb02c01
64452pb02c01.jpg

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64452pb01c01
64452pb01c01.jpg

I bought it on eBay or Bricklink. Hard to find that shark for a good price. I am hopeful that LEGO will produce more animals. They could easily do a farm, zoo, and/or circus theme. They already created a bunch of minifigs in CMF series that fit the circus theme.

Yeah, I've got some goats and some brown cows, but I really want the b&w cows and that big shark. I keep on hoping they will reissue them at some point.

That SUV with the speedboat kinda reminds me of a similar set from 94...or 95. I like that one, I might have to get it. The others don't really amaze me but perhaps with clearer pictures, my opinion might change.

Been spending the best part of the last few days taking sets apart and reorganizing my collection of bricks. The neat thing is that as I am disassembling, I look at the bricks as I sort them away and keep coming up with ideas in how to use them for other things.

I had to stop tonight and take a few pics because I was having some ideas on making pillars for another building somewhere down the line, and made a quick mock up of using the wheel bases of large tires for bases of pillars.

Just a quick mock up to see how single stud and double stud length pieces would look while trying to pull this off. Definitely something I want to try and use later on.

ghostmind

And the 2014 CITY Police sets:

8e1eSne.jpg

60043 Prisoner Transport
60044 Mobile Police Unit
60045 Police Patrol
60046 Helicopter Surveillance
60047 Police Station

(not shown: 60041 Crook Pursuit & 60042 High Speed Police Chase)

Hopefully we will get larger pictures to ease on the eye-strain soon.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice... everytime they refresh the police station I think about getting it but keep passing it over. I really want one though, and maybe some of the other sets

Picked up my Iron Patriot and also got Doc Ock Ambush cause why not yeah? My first Spider Man minifig and long overdue I'd say.

Great set at a great price! I am fortunate enough to have it as well.

I just ordered 76005 Daily Bugle Showdown, another spider-man set (with nova and doom!) Can't get enough of these Super Hero sets

I really want to order LEGO Castle Dragon Mountain too... but I have so many expenses right now, it's taking all of my willpower not to blow it all on bricks

ghostmind

The UCS rumors are muddying with the possibility of a UCS AT-AT next year (along with the UCS Slave I). Where would that leave the Sandcrawler then? Possibly as a large playset/vehicle release in the main line?

I just ordered 76005 Daily Bugle Showdown, another spider-man set (with nova and doom!) Can't get enough of these Super Hero sets
Doom figure alone justifies that set's existence. But then add JJJ, Nova, and Spidey and it is a great bundle of awesome. Shame the set itself is a let down. At least to me.

And speaking of super hero sets, this is my weekly reminder to everyone that Quinjet is awesome. Others shall chime in to say the same thing.

The UCS rumors are muddying with the possibility of a UCS AT-AT next year (along with the UCS Slave I). Where would that leave the Sandcrawler then? Possibly as a large playset/vehicle release in the main line?

Good. Leave the Sandcrawler as a playset. Gimme that sweet, sweet UCS AT-AT.

Could be. It may be well placed at the $149 CDN / $119 USD price point that will have a void after Jabba's Palace retires.

These things are $3 at a discount Canadian dollar store (Dollarama). An inexpensive way to grab some clones and some (printed!) tiles of the Episode 3 poster.

Disassembling Unexpected Gathering right now. Even taking it apart I love this set. It may be a year late, but this might have to bump into my top 5 of last year. Just a wonderful display set, and more character packed into the tight area than most themes have in multiple sets.

If this were to bump anything, it would be Gandalf Arrives.

The 60046 helicopter's design looks a lot like this year's fire helicopter. I bought it but then sold it because I felt the body was too narrow. This one looks like it might be 2 studs wider?

I might be interested in a mini-fig scale UCS AT-AT.

was just browsing bricklink and their maintenance started, must be a sneak peak of their upcoming redesign...

bricklink.jpg

Dat couch!

Seriously, an overhaul of Bricklink would be most welcome.

On a different note, having disassembled about 15 or so sets this week, I have taken on a different appreciation of a few. Trying to take some apart, I picked up on so many lil techniques and touches I didn't really appreciate the first time. For instance, many Galaxy Squad sets are built like tanks. Seriously, I feel like I could toss these things against a wall and most of them would stay together for the most part.
I had actually dropped the dropship part of the Galactic Titan and it bounced off the edge of the table before hitting the chair, then the floor. Only two bricks went flying. That damn thing is a beast, and was a pain to take apart.

ghostmind

Disassembling Unexpected Gathering right now. Even taking it apart I love this set. It may be a year late, but this might have to bump into my top 5 of last year. Just a wonderful display set, and more character packed into the tight area than most themes have in multiple sets.

If this were to bump anything, it would be Gandalf Arrives.

If that were the case, then our Top 5's for 2012 would be exactly the same, except I have the UCS B-wing and you have the System X-wing.

ghostmind

Nope. Remember once I got the UCS B-Wing I bumped the Sex Wing out. So our list is identical now. :)

LOL. Well great sets do stand apart.

Looking forward to creating my 2013 list, and seeing what others put up as their lists. I hope this year we get a bunch of Top 5 (or 10 or whatever) lists on or around December 31st.

LOL. Well great sets do stand apart.

Looking forward to creating my 2013 list, and seeing what others put up as their lists. I hope this year we get a bunch of Top 5 (or 10 or whatever) lists on or around December 31st.
Likewise. Only two major 2013 releases I still need are Arkham and Opera House. Thinking Opera House will have to wait though. Maybe.

Funny enough, our #1s match up. Of course, they did from the start. Haunted House is that good.

Ugh. Note to self: do not leave so much on display or randomly thrown around the apartment. Only keep a small amount of sets on display so this doesnt become as huge a chore to break stuff down. Doing this many sets at once made me spend almost as much time reorganizing my collection to make more room where needed. It is a never ending battle.

This week's victims:
Galactic Titan
Hive Crawler
Warp Stinger
Crater Creeper
Space Swarmer
Swarm Interceptor
CLS-89 Eradicator Mech
Vermin Vaporizer
Star Slicer
Constitution Train Chase
Fierce Flyer
Unexpected Gathering
A-Wing
Dolphin Cruiser
Umbaran MHC
Battle at the Black Gate

Left to do:
Stagecoach Escape
Pirate Ship Ambush
Bug Obliterator
Lex Luthor Power Armor
Power Mech
Thunder Wings
Sith Fury Infiltrator

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I would love to get an UCS AT-AT. That would go to the top of my list, passing the UCS X-wing. I hope we get it!!

A redisign of bricklink would be nice. I hope the functionality is there and perhaps improved when it is complete. I just hate having the learn it all again.

Police sets are more Meh again. They really need to staph!!!

does this... work?

yes it DOES!!

Can't believe it! FINALLY, i am back after those horrible password reset shenanigans on GAF!

Thanks a lot for helping me out Ghostmind :)))

To commemorate this, i shall post some sexy pics of the new Shell promobag Ferrari i built just now!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bone, I feel bad - I haven't been to my LEGO store in a while, but last time I was there, they literally had everything you're looking for on the PAB wall (from the other thread).

People are buying multiples of those anyway for the figures. But... meh.

Also, note that they have connectors on the outer sides too. You can keep building walls all the way around...

jpatez34

Neo Member
UKGaf. Just so you know, WH Smiths are selling LEGO Poly Bags under a new LEGO Mini Build name. I picked up the LEGO City Lawnmower and the Mini Republic Ship for £2.99 each. Apparently this is Phase 1 so it could turn into a new CMF craze!

Alright, here's the pic of the Shell Ferrari FXX model i built earlier today!

Out of the 2 i've built so far, this is by FAR my favorite, and honestly... i don't see this bad boy getting topped by the others. It just looks slick and cool!

Badass or what?

Multi-set hijinks from LEGO again!

nVRyj2w.jpg

I did my best to build something very much like this to house the two elf figures. when I first got the mirkwood spiders set. Mine was ugly as sin because of my ultra-limited parts selection, though. I grabbed the baseplates from collectible minifigures and used their smooth portions as tracks for a sliding gate, and the bulk of the setup was made from primary-colored basic bricks. It was an eyesore, but I had fun.

Still too many older sets and video games to buy for me to double up on this and the black gate, though.

The helm's deep-subsidy change jar held 40 dollars. Also have 10 dollars amazon credit. Gonna get it off amazon -the starting price of 111 or whatever is better than the "savings" of lego vip points.

Now, haunted house, that will come off shop@home.

Been an expensive couple months in the shit-i-dont-need department.

Alright, here's the pic of the Shell Ferrari FXX model i built earlier today!

Out of the 2 i've built so far, this is by FAR my favorite, and honestly... i don't see this bad boy getting topped by the others. It just looks slick and cool!

Badass or what?
I love it and pic looks great. I wish these Shell promo polybags are available here in the US. I know we already have it better than most.

Since these are preliminaries, I am linking to them. Please do not post these set images.

41051 Merida’s Highland Games

41052 Cinderella’s Enchanted Carriage

41053 Ariel’s Magical Kiss

41054 Rapunzel’s Tower of Creativity

41055 Cinderella’s Castle Romance

Remember that with prelims, part counts, colors, stickers and minidolls may not be final.

Well that's almost as disappointing as tonight's WWE PPV Main Event. I'm not a fan of those HUGE pieces in those builds making up a majority of the set. :/

Top Bottom