• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

neonglow

Since these are preliminaries, I am linking to them. Please do not post these set images.

41051 Merida’s Highland Games

41052 Cinderella’s Enchanted Carriage

41053 Ariel’s Magical Kiss

41054 Rapunzel’s Tower of Creativity

41055 Cinderella’s Castle Romance

Remember that with prelims, part counts, colors, stickers and minidolls may not be final.

These are pretty bad. I thought they would be similar to the Friends line in design, but it looks like a female version of the Junior line. Every set has a bunch of big pieces.

I do like that Ariel's Magic Kiss has multiples of this piece so it'll be cheaper now on Bricklink. On another note, Prince Eric looks like sad Keanu.

4288245.jpg

ghostmind

Legends of Chima 2014 set images are also out. I wouldn't post the pics here either.

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=281272

The insect sets look good but the Legend Beast subline looks awful and meant for young kids.

Super Heroes 2014 are also out.

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=281273

Looking at all these preliminary pictures, I can see why the early descriptions of future sets are always so vague.

The Batman sets look good, but I see very little in the Spider-Man sets that looks worth a purchase.

And still no Green Lantern... maybe the LEGO Movie sets? I hope?

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmm is the Robin in that new batman set (76013, not the other one)... Damian!? If so I'll be very happy! Seems to have Damian-Robin colors.

Damian_Wayne_as_Robin.jpg

For the superhero sets, the only one I truly like is the Batman/Riddler/Flash set.

And just for clarity, there isn't some extra superhero line coming out around Thor, right?

Is there a reason why? Is there one planned for when Captain America 2/Guardians of the Galaxy/whatever come out? Is there a reason why, exactly? Iron Man 3 got one which is why I am asking.

that spider-man juniors set I might get since if i'm right the Venom might have a different face... i dont mind owning alot of venom though I wish there was a carnage...(longtime Venom fan)

those Chima legend beast sets look like ones I'd want even with how crummy they might be.

loving the look of the Rhinos and insects

I'm not sure if I should be happy or disappointed with the Disney sets. Happy that I don't need to buy them. Disappointed that I don't have to buy them.

neonglow

Here's a reminder of all the pricing for these sets to put these pictures in perspective.

Disney Princess

41050 Ariel’s Secret Treasures – €12,99
41051 Merida’s Highland Games – €19,99
41052 Cinderella’s Enchanted Carriage – €29,99
41053 Ariel’s Magical Kiss – €29,99
41054 Rapunzel’s Tower of Creativity – €39,99
41055 Cinderella’s Castle Romance – €69,99

Legends of Chima

70123 Lion Legend Beast – $9.99
70124 Eagle Legend Beast – $9.99
70125 Gorilla Legend Beast – $9.99
70126 Crocodile Legend Beast – $9.99
70127 Wolf Legend Beast – $9.99
70128 Braptor’s Wing Striker – $14.99
70129 Lavertus’ Twin Blade – $19.99
70130 Sparratus’ Spider Striker – $24.99
70131 Rogon’s Rock Flinger – $32.99
70132 Scorm’s Scorpion Stinger – $39.99

Super Heroes

76010 The Penguin Face Off – $12.99
76011 Man-Bat Attack – $19.99
76012 The Riddler Chase – $29.99
76013 The Joker Steam-Roller – $59.99
76014 Spider-Trike vs. Elektro – €14,99 / $12.99
76015 Doc Ock: Attack of the Truck – €24,99 / $19.99
76016 Rescue of the Spider-Heli – €48,99 / $49.99
10665 Spider-Man – €12,99
10672 Batman – Batcave – €32,99

Hero Factory

44015 EVO Walker – €9,99
44016 Jaw Beast vs Stormer – €9,99
44017 STORMER Freezer Machine – €14,99
44018 FURNO Jet Machine – €14,99
44019 ROCKA Stealth Machine – €14,99
44020 FLYER Beast vs BREEZ – €14,99
44021 SPLIITTER Beast vs FURNO & EVO – €19,99
44022 EVO XL Machine – €24,99

http://www.neoape.com/upcoming-lego-set-pricing-winter-2013-spring-2014/

neonglow

For the superhero sets, the only one I truly like is the Batman/Riddler/Flash set.

And just for clarity, there isn't some extra superhero line coming out around Thor, right?

Is there a reason why? Is there one planned for when Captain America 2/Guardians of the Galaxy/whatever come out? Is there a reason why, exactly? Iron Man 3 got one which is why I am asking.

There will be no Thor set. LEGO feels Thor is too similar to LOTR/Hobbit and Castle themes so a third line would be too much.

There will be 1 Captain America set and 1 GOTG set. It's currently listed as 76017 Avengers Set 1 and 76018 Avengers Set 2. Spiderman basically took most of the Marvel slots just like Batman took all the DC slots.

Legends of Chima 2014 set images are also out. I wouldn't post the pics here either.

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=281272

The insect sets look good but the Legend Beast subline looks awful and meant for young kids.

Super Heroes 2014 are also out.

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=281273

Looking at all these preliminary pictures, I can see why the early descriptions of future sets are always so vague.

The spider faced mini fig is pretty cool.

And "meh" to the super hero sets. Although the Joker steamroller looks pretty sweet.

There will be no Thor set. LEGO feels Thor is too similar to LOTR/Hobbit and Castle themes so a third line would be too much.

There will be 1 Captain America set and 1 GOTG set. It's currently listed as 76017 Avengers Set 1 and 76018 Avengers Set 2. Spiderman basically took most of the Marvel slots just like Batman took all the DC slots.

BAH! Where is my brick built Groot with sound brick in him that says "I AM GROOT!" ?

ghostmind

I have heard that the two Avengers sets are composed of one "Captain America - Winter Soldier" set, and another set based on the Avengers Assemble cartoon (with the Hulk, Thor, Falcon and MODOK, and possibly more).

Guardians of the Galaxy sets won't be released until the summer, and as such we won't see much of them until the New York Toy Fair in mid-February.

neonglow

I have heard that the two Avengers sets are composed of one "Captain America - Winter Soldier" set, and another set based on the Avengers Assemble cartoon (with the Hulk, Thor, Falcon and MODOK, and possibly more).

Guardians of the Galaxy sets won't be released until the summer, and as such we won't see much of them until the New York Toy Fair in mid-February.

That makes more sense. I got my facts mixed up.

Since these are preliminaries, I am linking to them. Please do not post these set images.

41051 Merida’s Highland Games

41052 Cinderella’s Enchanted Carriage

41053 Ariel’s Magical Kiss

41054 Rapunzel’s Tower of Creativity

41055 Cinderella’s Castle Romance

Remember that with prelims, part counts, colors, stickers and minidolls may not be final.

Well, I do like the minidolls. Cinderella's castle is the best set, but that's not saying much. Builds look very simplistic (except Cinderella's castle), so it seems it's geared for girls younger than the Friends line. DUH, boxes have the age so it is geared for slightly younger age group by a year or two. Makes sense if geared for 5+. Looks like they are more of a playset.

I noticed the red apples. I think those are pretty rare right now. Some nice parts sprinkled in the sets, but many of the colors are not highly reusable for me.

A bit disappointed, but I understand their target. If they don't do well, I'll grab a bunch on clearance. If they sell well, I guess I'll buy some of the sets as minidolls with be hugely marked up IMO.

Sigh. We all like Spider-Man and Batman, but please mixed it up more. After LEGO goes through all Batman's and Spider-Man's well known villains, they better spread out to other super-heroes. At least do a CMF super-hero line if all LEGO cares about is Batman and Spider-Man. Sooooo many of the super heroes and super villains in the LEGO Marvell Super Hero game can be made with existing LEGO moulds.

Here's a reminder of all the pricing for these sets to put these pictures in perspective.

Disney Princess

Legends of Chima

Super Heroes

Hero Factory

http://www.neoape.com/upcoming-lego-set-pricing-winter-2013-spring-2014/

Legends of Chima
I'm liking the Chima Legends Beast sets, especially the gorilla. Rhinos! I can't see if they have a horn that is the standard white tooth piece or if it's just one mould. I really hope it's a separate piece. Spider Stalker is great depending on the articulation and structural integrity. Digging the new Chima sets a lot more than the recent ones.

EDIT: I'm sad. Horn is part of the "helmet". So much potential for minifig mixup mayhem if it had a hole for the horn.

Super Heroes
LOL at the juniors super hero line. I will get them all for minifigs and parts. They look like inexpensive sets. There goes the aftermarket price of venom and one of the joker variations.

Oh yeah, "classic" doc ock minifig I hope!

76016 Rescue of the Spider-Heli
What is the maxi-fig? Looks like it's Hulk flying a Green Goblin flyer. I was hoping it's Luke Cage flying the helicopter, but text doesn't look like could be him.

Hero Factory
I hope those Hero Factory "micros" fit standard minifigs so can exchange parts. They are holding standard minifig accessories so I highly think so. Sadness...last thing I need is another theme or line to get.

None of those sets really wow me, they just look...meh. At least the ones I'm interested in don't seem that costly so I can get the minifigs.

Fowler

The Penguin and Joker sets look cool. Really hope they use that Joker design in the final product.

The Riddler set looks like the one I'll get tho, mostly because the Riddler is one of the few main Batman villains I don't have yet -- and it'll be nice to have The Flash.

Meh on the Spider-Man sets.

What is this "Junior's Line"? Never seen those before...

Also: GIANT MEH at the Disney Princess line... Those dolls and the giant pieces all scream Playmobil to me ugh :(

I'll stick to the Friends line i guess!

wetwired

Not really excited for any of those superheroes sets...the minifigs on the other hand...gimmie gimmie.

who's the bald guy in the joker steamroller set?

neonglow

What is this "Junior's Line"? Never seen those before...

Also: GIANT MEH at the Disney Princess line... Those dolls and the giant pieces all scream Playmobil to me ugh :(

I'll stick to the Friends line i guess!

Juniors is the new name for Bricks & More theme. It's like in-between LEGO and DUPLO.

http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?year=2013&theme=Bricks and More

Not really excited for any of those superheroes sets...the minifigs on the other hand...gimmie gimmie.

who's the bald guy in the joker steamroller set?

That's suppose to be the New 52 version of Batgirl. Images have leaked on that figure already.

5bGupzQ.jpg

I assume then that all the current Batman and Spider-man are going to be retired this year. I know some of my local stores no longer restock any of the Super Heroes line that they sold out of or already got clearance away.

Is the Bat-cave worth getting? It looks a little boring to me but then again all the Super Heroes sets are pretty bad with exception of Quinjet. (I didn't like the Arkham Asylum either, I really don't like the theme park style set which is pretty much most of the Heroes set).

I know those pics are preliminary so I am reserving my judgment but boo at bald head Ultimate Spiderman Electro. Also is that Luke Cage in the Spidey chopper? I also have no idea who's the bald head cape dude suppose to be in the Batman vs Joker set.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Looking at all the new sets that have been posted, nothing really stands out to me. None of these are going to be have to gets for me. The Disney Princesses sets are really disappointing. So many large pieces which creates small piece counts and no challenging or creative builds. I wasn't really interested in it to start with, but if it would have been something amazing I might have jumped on board. Not really feeling it though.

Superhero sets are just Meh. Not my main line of interest anyway, but nothing here has cried out to me as a must buy. Kinda disappointing.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Picked this up at Walmart yesterday for $25, which is 5 bux off. It was on rollback and was the last one on the shelf. Couldn't pass it up.
60025-1.jpg

This started at the end of the week last week. Completed bag 1s so far. Not impressed yet. Hopefully it gets better.
10535082454_c010c988de_c.jpg

76016 Rescue of the Spider-Heli
What is the maxi-fig? Looks like it's Hulk flying a Green Goblin flyer. I was hoping it's Luke Cage flying the helicopter, but text doesn't look like could be him.

It's the Ultimate version Green Goblin, like the one in the videogame.
I think the text says Power Man, which is what Luke Cage is referred to as in Ultimate Spider-Man

hmmblah

This started at the end of the week last week. Completed bag 1s so far. Not impressed yet. Hopefully it gets better.

A friend and I both ordered this over the weekend. Didn't want to miss it because of rave reviews here and double VIP along with the free winter set makes it a good time to buy. We built Palace Cinema together and had a few beers. Sadly, as we were building, we forgot to drink. Didn't realize this until the build was done. Hopefully this time around we will remember to drink.

What's the estimated time to build HH?

Do not worry. Bag 1 is the only real complaint I have about the set. All those little things you just built will just sit around until they randomly are needed somewhere in the HH, and usually without any kind of warning. You just need to notice that they magically appear as you keep going.

Once you start the house proper is when things ramp up, and it just gets better as it goes.

ghostmind

The LEGO Basement project is picking up steam!

Most of my 300-plus sets are bagged up, waiting for tables, drawers and a work space to be set up.

Of2PIQz.jpg

It's the Ultimate version Green Goblin, like the one in the videogame.
I think the text says Power Man, which is what Luke Cage is referred to as in Ultimate Spider-Man

Thanks! Hopes are up, but I really want the classic Luke Cage. :)

Luke_Cage_(Earth-616)_001.jpg

Most of my 300-plus sets are bagged up, waiting for tables, drawers and a work space to be set up.

Of2PIQz.jpg

This is LEGO! To lazy to find the mashup someone did of 300 with LEGO.

Need photo of them unbagged and stacked in all their glory. Would suck if someone thought that was garbage and threw them out.

Calm Killer

Of2PIQz.jpg

Looks good. Sounds like a nice project. My LEGO room will eventually be moved to the basement as well. I figure I will build a big display table for a city and also have a building desk setup.

ghostmind

It doesn't let you apply the 20OFFTODAY code. I get "*The promotion code 20OFFTODAY cannot be combined with other offers." :(

Hmm, they must have fixed it. Still a great deal at $45.

EDIT: apparently that code is a new customer discount - have you ordered from this site before?

hmmblah

Hmm, they must have fixed it. Still a great deal at $45.

EDIT: apparently that code is a new customer discount - have you ordered from this site before?

Damn, was hoping I missed something. At $36 I'd jump at it, but at $45 it's not a must have quite yet.

Yes, I ordered the Constitution Train from them for around $55 IIRC. It was another heads up from the GAF LEGO thread.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I do appreciate it!

ghostmind

Well that's one way to deal with spoilers. These are prelims, but since they aren't tagged (and don't really show anything other than the packaging) I'll post them.

y9fVbdQ.jpg

KsQ83ZS.jpg

The prelim images look terrible, I never would have imagined a bit of photoshop would make that much difference.
From that there is nothing to see here, move along.
The microfigher is cute though... xD

What is your backlog looking like? We can help prioritize. :)

Silvermine Shootout
Constitution Train Chase
An Unexpected Gathering
Creator Treehouse
MF Werewolf set
Winter Village Cottage
LR Teepee set
And a bunch of small Friends sets lol

And those boxes for the Lego Movie sets look awesome.

Top Bottom