• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Do you know if most LEGO retail stores have the 50% off sets in stock for this event? Feels more like LEGO was trying to clear them out than having them in stock for the promotion.
I haven't seen those sets at our store for the time I've been there, I feel that the website was doing exactly that - clearing out the leftover stock. We got a return of the big Clone Wars ship that's name escapes me now, and it had, I think, Darth Maul on the box meaning it was pretty old and long since discontinued from the retail stores. All the actual sets in-store, at least at our store but I assume it's the same everywhere, are 10% off. Magnets, clocks, watches and keychains all have much meatier discounts in-store than online though.

iuuk

Ordered 16 random Simpsons bags, the newest Friends pets (not out in US yet is weird), and the city racecar. At 2 euros for the Simpsons CMF (http://www.schmetstoys.nl/lego/simsons/minifiguren-de-simpsons.html) I figure I chance it and just buy whatever I'm missing from Bricklink.

(Simpsons CMF Box for €135 here http://atembo.nl/webshop/lego/simpsons/71005-box-detail.html)
Bought one of those boxes when they were still available for shipping, so I hope to get my simpsons set next week.

Are there three complete sets in every box? I'm thinking of selling the rest, rather than keep two sets, so I'm trying to figure out how to best get most of my money back.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Bought one of those boxes when they were still available for shipping, so I hope to get my simpsons set next week.

Are there three complete sets in every box? I'm thinking of selling the rest, rather than keep two sets, so I'm trying to figure out how to best get most of my money back.

Yes, it's confirmed at Eurobricks that the Simpsons CMF box does contain 3 complete sets in a box. I used to sell leftovers to people at work; with around 150 colleagues that was somewhat easy to do (someone bought all the parachutists because he parachutes as well).

Man I'm pretty annoyed at LEGO's broken site. It says I qualify for Revan but he doesn't show up in the cart.

I had that same issue if you look at the last page or two of the thread. One of the items in cart must not be "flagged" as a Star Wars item even though it really is. For me it was the TIE Interceptor #75031 that was not flagged as star wars, thus causing Revan to not show in my cart.

You should play with different combos of Star Wars items to total $75 and find out what causing the error for you.

R-User!

Weird, the Lego website discounts on things like keychains and clocks are way, way less than they are in stores. I wonder why that is?

I would guess that the stores want to get you in the door with the promise of promotions (knick knack items really cheap) hoping that you'll pick up a set or two at regular price once you see/become overwhelmed by all the LEGO surrounding you.

Perhaps.

Edit:Side note for $513.00 US dollars you can get the Super Star Destroyer delivered to you from Amazon!!! 41 offers ranging from $513 with shipping to $2013 with shipping!

Bite the bullet folks and get that five hundred dollar LEGO set before it gets to 600!

P.S. there are only 4 out of 41 that are being sold for below $600 with shipping... :/

secret rob

Neo Member
I had that same issue if you look at the last page or two of the thread. One of the items in cart must not be "flagged" as a Star Wars item even though it really is. For me it was the TIE Interceptor #75031 that was not flagged as star wars, thus causing Revan to not show in my cart.

You should play with different combos of Star Wars items to total $75 and find out what causing the error for you.

Just got off the phone with Lego CS and they showed that Revan was in the cart, even though it didn't show online when I bought the Sandcrawler.

Just got off the phone with Lego CS and they showed that Revan was in the cart, even though it didn't show online when I bought the Sandcrawler.

Yeesh. The site really is messed up.

Well, I'm headed to the Santa Clara store to see if I can score the Malevolence for $60. If I can, I'll cancel my S@H order.

WEGGLES

Looks like Toys R Us is the best bet for Simpsons minifigures. I completed my set today because they had about three full boxes of them waiting for me to feel up!

I just went to Toys R Us. They had dozens of cases. A whole shelf of cases, plus 3 cases at each register.

I'm working on populating my modulars with minifigs and vehicles. The street level is looking good. The mid level portion will follow, then I'm likely do Super Heroes on the rooftops. I managed to put in some of my own social commentary with the cops! Here's a couple of choice selections. There's lots more actually. It's amazing how much you can jam into these! The back will also be getting populated by the time I'm finished. (Perfect place for my garbage truck, which I've always loved)

WoTEZsJ.jpg

kIMIjpK.jpg

W3eVZC8.jpg

kJ1lyqJ.jpg

I'm working on populating my modulars with minifigs and vehicles. The street level is looking good. The mid level portion will follow, then I'm likely do Super Heroes on the rooftops. I managed to put in some of my own social commentary with the cops! Here's a couple of choice selections. There's lots more actually. It's amazing how much you can jam into these! The back will also be getting populated by the time I'm finished. (Perfect place for my garbage truck, which I've always loved)

WoTEZsJ.jpg

kIMIjpK.jpg

W3eVZC8.jpg

kJ1lyqJ.jpg

The tile look on the base plates of the modulars....are they added on or do the modulars come like that?

Zerojul

WoTEZsJ.jpg

kIMIjpK.jpg

W3eVZC8.jpg

kJ1lyqJ.jpg
Love everything about this :) The Spidey on the Grand Emporium is very nice, the mushroom hippies are awesome and the Ice Cream truck fits very well in that street scene. Its' the alternate build for the Lego Movie set, right ?

The tile look on the base plates of the modulars....are they added on or do the modulars come like that?

They come like that. The only thing I have added are minifigs.

EDIT: I'll add that all the modulars have certain elements on their sidewalk area that link them together in a cohesive way. Color, placement of the same tiles/colors, drain covers, and lamp posts are consistent throughout them all.

the Ice Cream truck fits very well in that street scene. Its' the alternate build for the Lego Movie set, right ?

Yes indeed. It is a fantastic build and it's right at home with the modulars. I have quite a few vehicles, but that one had to be in there somehow!

just got back from the lego store, bit the bullet to get my Revan, talk about overkill...

55 euros? hah, i got the fucking DEATH STAR to get my Revan ;))))

:(((( i am somewhat broke now though...

Greymanic

Neo Member
just got back from the lego store, bit the bullet to get my Revan, talk about overkill...

55 euros? hah, i got the fucking DEATH STAR to get my Revan ;))))

:(((( i am somewhat broke now though...

Lucky! I was going to snatch up the Super Star Destroyer myself, but decided I should be saving my money.

That being said, ordered Revan for €25 on eBay!

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. You have just taken your first step into a larger world.

bro don't talk to me like i'm one of those Lego greenhorns that just bought their first set and realize what a moneytrap this hobby is ;PPP you're talking to a man who has spent THOUSANDS on Lego since he's out of his dark ages 8o)

and yet... you're right about the first part i suppose... i only ever heard you guys sing the praises of the Death Star without knowing just HOW awesome it must be, so when i actually saw one assembled today at the Lego store it hit me and i thought... "ok it's now or never, i've GOT to have the Death Star".

We shall see how it will fare when i've actually built it!! :)

bro don't talk to me like i'm one of those Lego greenhorns that just bought their first set and realize what a moneytrap this hobby is ;PPP you're talking to a man who has spent THOUSANDS on Lego since he's out of his dark ages 8o)

and yet... you're right about the first part i suppose... i only ever heard you guys sing the praises of the Death Star without knowing just HOW awesome it must be, so when i actually saw one assembled today at the Lego store it hit me and i thought... "ok it's now or never, i've GOT to have the Death Star".

We shall see how it will fare when i've actually built it!! :)

Oh, I know you aren't a greenhorn. I know youve flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. :)

And as for the Best Star, it is not really a crazy build as far as technique goes. In fact, it is rather pedestrian. It is all about the details as the vignettes come together.

ghostmind

Back from the LEGO store with the Sandcrawler. There were about 30 people in line, with most of them picking up that set. I was only in there for 10 minutes, and they were already pulling more sets out of the back to replenish the floor stock when I left.

chidrock

Anybody see the Sandcrawler in store? I was wondering if it was one of those sets that look better in person...I haven't really seen anybody comment on it yet, other than the reviews for it on YouTube. I'm sitting on the fence right now.

Anybody see the Sandcrawler in store? I was wondering if it was one of those sets that look better in person...I haven't really seen anybody comment on it yet, other than the reviews for it on YouTube. I'm sitting on the fence right now.

I actually DID and let me tell you, it looks a LOT better in person, as i was lukewarm on the set itself from reviews etc.

However, i am still not sold!

That said, in my Lego store they did have freaking MOS EISLEY CANTINA and the new AT-AT set displayed right there even though those sets are a ways off from being released right?

Either way, Mos Eisley looked GREAT, it totally cemented my opinion of having to get it ASAP!! Even the cantina itself looked decent for such a set of walls which i usually hate! The dewback looked awesome and so did the Landspeeder (even better than the standalone set we got a couple years back) the figs were sublime too!!! i really wonder what it will be priced at!

Oh and the AT-AT looked very good too, it even has a little inside space where they displayed a trooper overlooking the scene with binocs! Can't wait to put a little snowspeeder at it's feet with a cable towing away at the bugger ;)

chidrock

I actually DID and let me tell you, it looks a LOT better in person, as i was lukewarm on the set itself from reviews etc.

However, i am still not sold!

That said, in my Lego store they did have freaking MOS EISLEY CANTINA and the new AT-AT set displayed right there even though those sets are a ways off from being released right?

Either way, Mos Eisley looked GREAT, it totally cemented my opinion of having to get it ASAP!! Even the cantina itself looked decent for such a set of walls which i usually hate! The dewback looked awesome and so did the Landspeeder (even better than the standalone set we got a couple years back) the figs were sublime too!!! i really wonder what it will be priced at!

Oh and the AT-AT looked very good too, it even has a little inside space where they displayed a trooper overlooking the scene with binocs! Can't wait to put a little snowspeeder at it's feet with a cable towing away at the bugger ;)

Thanks for the impressions! It would be nice if they put out more than just the Sandcrawler for the 4th, but I guess that just makes it feel more special. I want to get the Revan figure and there aren't any other sets that I want that are out yet.

I was contemplating getting the new AT-AT, but I was thinking about getting the motorized one instead. The new one looks good, but I like the printed joints on the legs of the old one and even if it's not the best, the ability to walk adds a lot to it.

DemiMatt

Real quickly . . .

Due to the Lego Death Star . . . or Sandcrawler?

I'm debating right now and man . . . they are both good but I'm leaning towards the Sandcrawler since its so unique. Thoughts?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Real quickly . . .

Due to the Lego Death Star . . . or Sandcrawler?

I'm debating right now and man . . . they are both good but I'm leaning towards the Sandcrawler since its so unique. Thoughts?

Buy the Sandcrawler, then save your money and contact me when you want the Death Star and buy a used one :p

Zerojul

Thanks for the report. Cantina and AT-AT were already day one purchase for me but reading good things about them from a fellow gaffer is always a good thing. Oh, and good job on getting the Death Star :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Ahahahaha. Is the Death Star just too much price wise? I've been hearing mixed things about it and it doesn't display that great.

That's been one complaint. It has a great minifig assortment though. Something else I would consider... the set is six years old now and with the Star Wars license heating up again I think we could see another Death Star in the next handfull of years. With updated minifigs that have a lot of the new paint apps etc. we see on newer versions of the LEGO characters already released in other sets being just one thing they'd change.

As for the Falcon? It's possible the Falcon will be in Episode VII which is an excellent opportunity for LEGO to do an all-new UCS version of it (in it's Episode VII form... who knows, it could be somewhat altered by now)
Thanks for the report. Cantina and AT-AT were already day one purchase for me but reading good things about them from a fellow gaffer is always a good thing. Oh, and good job on getting the Death Star :)

Going to be a huge day for me as well... buying both Rebels sets, Cantina, Snowspeeder... the others I'll have to wait on, but I have my eye on all of the ones in this coming wave. I wonder if they will all release on Ghostbusters day? If so that will also be in the purchase :)

ghostmind

Ahahahaha. Is the Death Star just too much price wise? I've been hearing mixed things about it and it doesn't display that great.

Death Star is not a model, it's a play set. It's all about the vignettes and which minifigs you have set up in them. And that giant turbo laser. However, the Death Star will be the set that's gets noticed when you have company over.

DemiMatt

Ok, just bought the Sandcrawler!

I was debating between that and the Death Star and The Super Star Destroyer, but that Star Destroyer was out.

I think overall the Sandcrawler looks like a more impressive piece and has so many awesome moving pieces in it. Plus since they are new minifigures they have a higher level of detail than the Death Star. Cannot wait to start this bad boy! Been wanting to get into Star Wars for a hot minute but have been doing lots of Marvel and DC.

As for the sale I just wanted the Dessert Skiff but that was the first thing to go. Rest of it was all underwhelming.

EDIT****

That's been one complaint. It has a great minifig assortment though. Something else I would consider... the set is six years old now and with the Star Wars license heating up again I think we could see another Death Star in the next handfull of years. With updated minifigs that have a lot of the new paint apps etc. we see on newer versions of the LEGO characters already released in other sets being just one thing they'd change.

As for the Falcon? It's possible the Falcon will be in Episode VII which is an excellent opportunity for LEGO to do an all-new UCS version of it (in it's Episode VII form... who knows, it could be somewhat altered by now)

Going to be a huge day for me as well... buying both Rebels sets, Cantina, Snowspeeder... the others I'll have to wait on, but I have my eye on all of the ones in this coming wave. I wonder if they will all release on Ghostbusters day? If so that will also be in the purchase :)

I was just thinking the same thing, the set is amazing but the dated figures made me second guess myself. I would hold out for a Death Star in the future with updated guys!

Death Star is not a model, it's a play set. It's all about the vignettes and which minifigs you have set up in them. And that giant turbo laser. However, the Death Star will be the set that's gets noticed when you have company over.

I agree it looks awesome, but right now my pride and joy is the Pirate Ship from the movie. I think the Sandcrawler due to the color and shape is a bit more of a center piece.

ghostmind

They need to space it out. I'm already getting the Ghostbusters set and Spaceshipx3 on June 1st. Having all those new SW sets available then as well would be insane.

Rootbeer

Banned
If I were in the market for one of the larger sets today, it would be either ewok village or sandcrawler, so I don't disagree with your choice. (Well, or Metalbeard's ship ;))

Could be argued that since it MAY go out of print in the near future that Death Star is more of a catch. But I honestly think they'll do another one at some point. It may not be in the vignette style though, they may go for more screen accuracy on the next take.

Hope you like the sandcrawler.

They need to space it out. I'm already getting the Ghostbusters set and Spaceshipx3 on June 1st. Having all those new SW sets available then as well would be insane.

You're buying 3 benny ships?

ghostmind

If I were in the market for one of the larger sets today, it would be either ewok village or sandcrawler, so I don't disagree with your choice. (Well, or Metalbeard's ship ;))

Could be argued that since it MAY go out of print in the near future that Death Star is more of a catch. But I honestly think they'll do another one at some point. It may not be in the vignette style though, they may go for more screen accuracy on the next take.

Hope you like the sandcrawler.

You're buying 3 benny ships?

I'm just too lazy to write it out three times on my phone... Lol.

Rootbeer

Banned
ghostmind: Ohh :) Now it makes perfect sense, doh!

I hope those guardians of the galaxy sets don't come out when the SW sets do... dammit i'm at a breaking point if so :p

It's hard for me to wait on sets and hope for sales/deals. Something I gotta learn to get used to I guess. :p

The film is Aug 1st... so I hope they wait and release those in July.

All the while I'm SUPPOSED to be saving to build a new computer... :/

KemoSabe

It's worth noting that you can no longer game S@H to get the exclusive May the Fourth figures. For the last two years I was able to get the minifigs by making a $75 purchase with only one item being in the Star Wars theme.

This year, it ALL has to be Star Wars.
yup this sucks.
i dont care for star wars at all but i love limited minifigs...

Top Bottom