• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I am impressed with all the SW pickups!

I was very prudent in my spending today, but got a set I'd been eyeing for some time

TQnbYtz.jpg

My new favorite thing, buying MISB old sets online. Can be quite costly but it's so fun to get an unopened set and open it up. Today I got the Super Nova 2 and Ice Tunnelator, small sets but ones I adored from my childhood.

Where did the droid mini come from?

A terrific employee at one of my local LEGO stores was very generous. I was in with both my girls and the employee (very much on the sly) asked if I wanted another fig for my youngest.

I was really surprised they still had any TC14s!

I do want another Revan though. I am flying to Dallas tomorrow so I may hit the store against route to pick up the Police Gunship set.

Zerojul

I am impressed with all the SW pickups!

I was very prudent in my spending today, but got a set I'd been eyeing for some time
Please give your impressions of the Jek 14 starfighter here if you have time, I don't know if that set is worth its price or not. Read both good and bad things about it and it's quite pricey in Europe.

ghostmind

A terrific employee at one of my local LEGO stores was very generous. I was in with both my girls and the employee (very much on the sly) asked if I wanted another fig for my youngest.

I was really surprised they still had any TC14s!

I do want another Revan though. I am flying to Dallas tomorrow so I may hit the store against route to pick up the Police Gunship set.

Considering that TC-14 goes for $25 and up these days, I'm shocked they had one still.

My local LEGO store has not yet received the Darth Revan minifigure so they took my address and will ship it to me.

Anyone else in the same boat? Very disappointing and annoying, as is the Red Five X-wing not being part of the sale.

Well after missing out on the Malevolence I went and snagged the Jedi Defender, using some VIP points to knock it down to $70. If I go and sell Revan that'll probably bring the overall cost down to around $40-$50, so not bad.

I just built the Joker Steamroller set. Man, what a dichotomy. The steamroller is a really fast and fun build. The result is a very bulky and surprisingly fun vehicle. Meanwhile the flying bat-whateverthefuck is awful. I stopped building it, which is a first for any Lego set I have ever owned. It's just bulky and ugly. I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to imagine this thing is capable of flight. And it's capture mechanism is beyond lame.

I'm going to look for my old Batwing set and do some kit bashing instead.

The minifigs were all awesome though. Batgirl looks great and Robin's colors and kid legs make him my favorite Robin by far.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
I just built the Joker Steamroller set. Man, what a dichotomy. The steamroller is a really fast and fun build. The result is a very bulky and surprisingly fun vehicle. Meanwhile the flying bat-whateverthefuck is awful. I stopped building it, which is a first for any Lego set I have ever owned. It's just bulky and ugly. I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to imagine this thing is capable of flight. And it's capture mechanism is beyond lame.

The minifigs were all awesome though. Batgirl looks great and Robin's colors and kid legs make him my favorite Robin by far.

Agree 100%.

All in all, a real mixed bag on this year's wave of DC Heroes sets.

Steamroller + figs are excellent, but the vehicle is as terrible as you say.
The Batmobile set has great figs and a great Batmobile - but the Riddler vehicle is flimsy and useless (and out of character for a Riddler-themed car)
I really want the Nightwing set for the figs, but yet another LEGO helicopter, bah! Still not bought it because of this.
The cheap Penguin set is great - good figs, cute idea.

The steamroller is probably my favourite looking vehicle and the minifigs are really excellent. I thought the plane was naff at first but it has grown on me over the last month since I built it and had it on display.

Jimbro72

Is Jimbro still around? Would love to find out how many Revans he ends up with.

;)

I'm still here, mostly in lurk mode lately. But to answer your question, I'll finish with just 2. I tried ordering the Sandcrawler first thing last night and was getting that problem of it not adding the Revan onto my order, so I went with plan B of ordering a couple of the store exclusive sets, the Droid Tri-Fighter and the AV-7 Cannon along with the 50% off Skiff to push the order past $75. Then earlier today I cashed in my $245 in VIP pts to get the Sandcrawler and another Revan. And with that, I'm done.

Vyer

Went ahead and picked up the Sail Barge as I been wanting Jabba anyway and it'll go well with our Skiff. :)

Son also got the smaller set with Greivous in it. Of course we got our Revan. Being at the store though really reminded me I've got to get that Simpsons House at some point.

I was gonna get the Sandcrawler but someone bought the last Town Hall and we have no idea if we'll get more in so I panicked and got the last Grand Emporium. Then I got $100 of Lego Star Wars stuff, Jek-14 for my cousin and a couple random sets that looked cool enough to buy, plus a Storm Trooper clock to compliment my GF's Darth Vader clock.

Sandcrawler will be around, I'll get it later on for sure. I set up the display one last night and it's just too cool not to buy.

Went to my nearest Lego Store today. I didn't get any Star Wars stuff besides a Yoda keychain, but I did grab Super Cycle Chase, a few Simpsons CMFs (Lisa, Maggie, and Nelson), and a Mixel.

Pretty nice haul, even if I can't build Cycle Chase for a little bit.

Picked up another Revan today, so I'll post my haul in a little while.

I will say that the larger set will either be a gift or a toy that I'll donate later during the holidays. I also got a sweet keychain lol.

SON OF A BITCH SOMEONE RETURNED A SITH INTERCEPTOR RIGHT WHEN I GOT MY STUFF OH MAN IT LOOKS SIIIICKK I GOTTA HAVE IT

Edit: ok here's my haul:

Jek-14 Stealth ship for my cousin
StormTrooper clock
3x StormTrooper keychains
Gen Grevious(?) wheel thing
Little tank that comes with Jango and a Clone Trooper
Mandelorian speeder with Robo Darth Maul
At-Rp(?) with Yoda
Death Star Troopers

I actually kinda like all these sets but should I return them and just get Jek and the Sith interceptor? Or just buy the Interceptor as its own purchase?

Ugh Legoooooooo ;____;

Caladrius

I went to the Lego store, got the Millennium Falcon (which I just finished building) and the Parisian restaurant.

But then I saw the Grand Emporium and couldn't decide in favor of one or the other.

I regret nothing.

Except spending over 500 dollars. I guess that means no Christmas for me.

ghostmind

SON OF A BITCH SOMEONE RETURNED A SITH INTERCEPTOR RIGHT WHEN I GOT MY STUFF OH MAN IT LOOKS SIIIICKK I GOTTA HAVE IT

StormTrooper clock
At-Rp(?) with Yoda
Death Star Troopers

I actually kinda like all these sets but should I return them and just get Jek and the Sith interceptor? Or just buy the Interceptor as its own purchase?

Ugh Legoooooooo ;____;

qJING9K.gif

ghostmind

I went to the Lego store, got the Millennium Falcon (which I just finished building) and the Parisian restaurant.

But then I saw the Grand Emporium and couldn't decide in favor of one or the other.

I regret nothing.

uSJGfLA.gif

StormTrooper clock
At-Rp(?) with Yoda
Death Star Troopers

Ugh Legoooooooo ;____;

The sets you got are all good. There are a lot of terrific figs in them so don't fret and stay strong.

Ponn

Banned
Happy Lego Star Wars shopping everyone.

This is giving me a break on my wallet for the June onslaught. I have a feeling right away in June i'm going to be making a big S@H order for two ghostbuster sets and all the next wave of mixels right off the bat. Not going to mess around with those Ghostbuster sets, they made more of the BttF sets but didn't Mars Rover so who knows what they will do but sure they will be popular and sell out right away regardless.

Made the mistake of buying the Rancor Pit along with the Death Star Trooper pack to qualify for a Revan fig.

Now I want Jabba's Palace to complete the set.

yukonrye

I think all the entries so far have been awesome- defo the best quality of contest entry so far imo.

I want to enter too, but im struggling to find them locally. I might be entering retro-actively :/
FYI they just updated the Digital Designer program with Mixel parts so if anyone can't find them then that may be another route.

StormTrooper clock
At-Rp(?) with Yoda
Death Star Troopers

Ugh Legoooooooo ;____;
If you can, get the Sith Fury. World class set and worth the hype. I was LTTP in it, and was glad I listened to the fans on here.

ruxtpin

Banned
About a third of the way thru the Sandcrawler. Impressive build. Building techniques on the big sets usually surprise - make me feel like my building techs are amateur.

Snagged a Malevolence and Viszla's fighter online before they sold out to get a second Revan. Also picked up one of those massive baseplates for a new custom build and a large PAB cup.

Today's haul:
082dcbbfd403987d3eda28ef9171b1ae_zps4ff6e33a.jpg

Due to the Headhunter being on sale, I was $5 short so thus, Mikey was bought.

As I said, the Headhunter will either be gifted or donated as I strangely only wanted the Grievous set for Obi-Wan.

Now waiting for my lovely Falcon to show up, along with my other Revan.

I regret nothing.

Wow, didn't realize they cut the size of the box for Parisian Restaurant so much. It's a good thing though, used to be so much empty space in the boxes... I remember the B-Wing box was only like half full.

Man I need to get Parisian Restaurant sometime but I also need Pet Shop (and Town Hall, but I won't be too sad if I miss it) and am worried Pet Shop may be going soonish... On the other hand they're only getting around to retiring Grand Emporium now, so I should be safe for a bit.

Wow, didn't realize they cut the size of the box for Parisian Restaurant so much. It's a good thing though, used to be so much empty space in the boxes... I remember the B-Wing box was only like half full.

Man I need to get Parisian Restaurant sometime but I also need Pet Shop (and Town Hall, but I won't be too sad if I miss it) and am worried Pet Shop may be going soonish... On the other hand they're only getting around to retiring Grand Emporium now, so I should be safe for a bit.
Pet Shop isn't going anywhere for quite a while. The next to go are Town Hall and Grand Emporium, you'll want them ASAP - on that you can count.

Rootbeer

Banned
ghostmind is so evil. constantly goading people to spend all their money using dark side SW gifs :p

(would love to own jek-14 ship sigh :p)

ghostmind

Star Wars exclusives? Meaning sets that have yet to have been announced or leaked in the wave that has the AT-AT and whatnot?

Everything at Toy Fair is for all retailers. The exclusives (usually 1 or 2 per in the summer wave for Star Wars) aren't revealed until later, but they are really late this year.

Maybe there aren't any retailer exclusives this year?

EDIT: or maybe not? Last year the Jedi Defender wasn't leaked until May 9th

EDIT: And the HH-87 Starhopper wasn't leaked until May 28th!

wetwired

Ok so myself and a friend are trying out hand at video reviews for LEGO on youtube, we've coined out channel "1980s Something" and have launched with the first review of the Ghostbusters set!

We've already learnt a lot after this first one, this is obviously a lot longer than we would expect most reviews to be because of my connection to it and there's a lot of other improvements we've come up with but if you have any feedback, like if you would even want to watch more of our reviews or not, let me know.

Zerojul

Ok so myself and a friend are trying out hand at video reviews for LEGO on youtube, we've coined out channel "1980s Something" and have launched with the first review of the Ghostbusters set!

We've already learnt a lot after this first one, this is obviously a lot longer than we would expect most reviews to be because of my connection to it and there's a lot of other improvements we've come up with but if you have any feedback, like if you would even want to watch more of our reviews or not, let me know.
Good stuff, subscribed. "1980s Something" is such an awesome name for the channel, too :) Keep'em coming !

Top Bottom