• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Star Wars Rebels eh? Watched the trailer and.... no offense to anyone who is into that stuff, but this made me remember why i stick to OT in the first place.

I also HIGHLY doubt the new movie(s) are gonna change my mind!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Submitted my Rockbird entry to the GAF Mixels contest - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110578186&postcount=81

Rockbird_2.jpg

chidrock

Sad to say, but I went to the LEGO store yesterday and wound up not pulling the trigger on the sandcrawler. I liked it, but I with display space being a premium at my house, I passed on it. (it's a lot bigger in person - almost the size of the Best Star)

I really want the Revan figure, so I'm trying to decide if I should get it off eBay or if I should go back and get the Jek 14 set with Grevious' Wheelbike. I want the new Grevious figure, but I don't know if the Jek 14 set is worth it. The figures look interesting, but I don't know about the ship and the fact that it's only in the Yoda Chronicles. I figure if I'm going to spend $25-$30 on the Revan alone, I could think of it as a discount on something else.

On a side note, I managed to pull a complete set of the Simpsons figures - the first time I was ever able to do that without Bricklink. I'm really happy they fixed the assortment ratios - limiting two of some to a box was too tough in my neck of the woods...

ghostmind

New set up I found on brickset:

60062: Arctic Ice Breaker

sj6Sj3W.jpg

LEGO finally revealed this one - it has a lot more going on than I expected, including being the only other Arctic set with the polar bear, and the third set with a sled dog team. I'm thinking the price will be high for this one, but I am impressed.

R-User!

Picked up all 16 Simpsons figs today as well as some STAR WARS sets to get Darth Revan.

Will get Sandcrawler during double points in October, perhaps. 600 points = $30 off! $270 instead of $300; I like the sound of that. :)

Ryuuroden

Pet Shop isn't going anywhere for quite a while. The next to go are Town Hall and Grand Emporium, you'll want them ASAP - on that you can count.

Yeah I was told last October that they were ending production of Town Hall at beginning of 2014 so that it would be only a matter of when the produced sets in circulation all get sold out. They were ending production of a bunch of the large sets this year to make way for a bunch of new large sets (as we are beginning to see all the new ones being revealed.) They will just go OOP at different times due to different numbers in the wild already. All the sets I mentioned last year the factories are no longer producing. That however has nothing to do when you will actually see them vanish from stores. Some sets will take up to 2 years to actually not be able to find anywhere but at specialty stores and resellers. Sets like SSD, I have a feeling might appear on S@H North America at least one more time even if they ended production of it as they move stock from other regions to regions without it and so on in order to sell it all. That's why it says Temporary out of stock rather than sold out.

A little help from those that have built modular or that size building.

I'm doing a roof mostly flat for my Taito Station modular and it's got a bit of a curve to it so it's not sitting flat. I have tried to copy the way modulars do the roof but this is bigger and flatter perhaps. On the under side I put a couple of large plates but that has not cured it.

This is the basic structure but as I have built it I get a small gap at each end so the sides are higher than the middle.

Any ideas?

Rootbeer

Banned
I said I wasn't going to... but the dark side drew me in.

Ordered Jek 14 and Corporate Alliance Tank to score the poster & revan figure >.<

It's okay, I don't need food. I think I'll go on that all water diet from that recent GAF thread

LEGO finally revealed this one - it has a lot more going on than I expected, including being the only other Arctic set with the polar bear, and the third set with a sled dog team. I'm thinking the price will be high for this one, but I am impressed.

you mean there's another that has the polar bear? Which one? I'd only be interested for that, but i am not a fan of finished ship hulls like that, i prefer the (at least partially) more brickbuilt ones.

A little help from those that have built modular or that size building.

I'm doing a roof mostly flat for my Taito Station modular and it's got a bit of a curve to it so it's not sitting flat. I have tried to copy the way modulars do the roof but this is bigger and flatter perhaps. On the under side I put a couple of large plates but that has not cured it.

This is the basic structure but as I have built it I get a small gap at each end so the sides are higher than the middle.

Any ideas?

Looks good. For solving the curve issue, Try using just 2x wide plates underneath to connect the larger plates on top. It keeps it stable, but also curves a bit less.
A row of 1x wide plates along the roof before you stack the 2x1 grooved bricks might help as well. Or perhaps going with 2x instead for extra strength at the edges.

For the lights on the front, I love it. It looks like a combo of SNOT and jumper plates before sticking the rod pieces in. Maybe it you used some 1x2 bricks with holes in them, then put a grey technic stud in them before threading the rod through might back them a bit more stable too, and will strengthen the grip of the rods too.

I REALLY want to see this MOC when it is done, because the cabinets are fantastic.

I grabbed another six Simpsons and three turned out to be duplicates. Meh.

Taking them home and comparing with existing characters, they do look out of place. They're way too big. I'm not even sure I can put them in dioramas. A little disappointed, I don't know if I'll buy any more. I got Homer, Bart, Lisa and Burns anyway so there's not much to hunt for.

If anyone wants to trade for a Lisa, Homer, Burns or Scratchy, preferrably within Europe, I might be interested. Aside from those mentioned I also have Krusty and Wiggum.

Artoo's gone into a "will ship in 30 days" bit at S@H. Something's telling me this is likely my last chance on this set, so I'm willing to bite.

In cases like this, does S@H charge your card immediately or on ship?

Bring on the The Thing MOCs!
OH MY GOD

I think that the City Arctic is the first time I've been driven to own every set from a theme. (Aside from my obsession with getting every Iron Man armor but I don't think I needed all the sets for that) There's something about it that I'm just head over heels about.

Artoo's gone into a "will ship in 30 days" bit at S@H. Something's telling me this is likely my last chance on this set, so I'm willing to bite.

In cases like this, does S@H charge your card immediately or on ship?

Yeah, R2 hit that shipping status about 30 minutes into the May the 4th promo on Friday night.

DemiMatt

JANG has a detailed video review of the Sandcrawler up.

http://youtu.be/MOpqb8tWHNo

I know that some of you were looking for one.

Thank you for that, totally makes me feel like I made the right decision purchasing that yesterday!

Can't wait for it to be shipped!

I'm debating if its worth getting another of something for a duplicate Revan . . . dunno why I just want two. . .

I kind of feel with the Star Wars line they are more surface than interior detail. Alot of the ships seem cool but at the same time they look plain and come with little pieces. Anyone else feel this way?

Looks good. For solving the curve issue, Try using just 2x wide plates underneath to connect the larger plates on top. It keeps it stable, but also curves a bit less.
A row of 1x wide plates along the roof before you stack the 2x1 grooved bricks might help as well. Or perhaps going with 2x instead for extra strength at the edges.

For the lights on the front, I love it. It looks like a combo of SNOT and jumper plates before sticking the rod pieces in. Maybe it you used some 1x2 bricks with holes in them, then put a grey technic stud in them before threading the rod through might back them a bit more stable too, and will strengthen the grip of the rods too.

I REALLY want to see this MOC when it is done, because the cabinets are fantastic.

Not sure I understand what you mean about the 1x2 bricks with technic stud; do you mean use that in conjunction with the bracket/jumper I am using or to replace them? Can you knock up an example?

For the bowing roof issue I replaced a row 3 2x8 plates with 2x4's instead at the front of the roof and that helped a lot.

I'm looking forward to showing the whole thing once it's done; just got the ground, 1st and second floor done but running out of parts as I changed the design a little. Need to get osme more bricks then start on floor 3 to 6.

Thanks for the compliments on my cabinets; here's one for the road.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have to admit, the Sandcrawler was not nearly as engaging a build as I was hoping for.

And it was missing a 1x11 tecnic beam that is going to be a pain to put in once the replacement part comes in.

OH MY GOD

I think that the City Arctic is the first time I've been driven to own every set from a theme. (Aside from my obsession with getting every Iron Man armor but I don't think I needed all the sets for that) There's something about it that I'm just head over heels about.

I get into atheme once every couple of years and have to have them all. Monster Hunters, Alien Defense Force, DC/Marvel, ect. I'm so close to having all latest Coast Guard sets that I might as well just get the last 2. I think I may get into the new Agents theme...maybe.

Random thought but I'd go bananas if Lego did a bunch of Venom sets since they're finally going to do a Venom movie (childhood dream that has continually been shot down).

Also anyone know when we might get a glimps at the next Hobbit sets?

Picked up 2 random Simpson minifigs at the local Meijer today. Ended up with Lisa and Bart. My husband is now convinced he needs them all, and since they were just $3.00 we will be going back soon.

Lego simpsons just aired. Very cute episode and timely as my dark ages ended just a month ago and I'm a huge simpsons fan. Lots of freeze frame jokes.

I hate to admit it but i'm a sucker for those pre-fab boat hulls. I usually buy a set or two from a series and looks like i'll be getting that arctic ship for sure.

It's a shame the real LEGO Simpson house isn't accurate. That missing bonus room. I can totally see why the went with sculpted heads though. Those regular heads sure dont translate well.

As well, purchased one Simpsons minifig blind and pulled Krusty. Could not be happier.

Not sure I understand what you mean about the 1x2 bricks with technic stud; do you mean use that in conjunction with the bracket/jumper I am using or to replace them? Can you knock up an example?

The bracket/jumper combo is working. I was just thinking for stability to replace with some different stuff.
4211111.jpg

Use these, then thread this through it...
4211483.jpg

then thread this into that brick.
4211628.jpg

Should be a bit bitter in the grip for the bars so they wont snap off so easily.

I get into atheme once every couple of years and have to have them all. Monster Hunters, Alien Defense Force, DC/Marvel, ect. I'm so close to having all latest Coast Guard sets that I might as well just get the last 2. I think I may get into the new Agents theme...maybe.

Do it! It will go well with the ADU. I have to have the minifigs from the Agents sets. I'll wait on most of the larger sets though. If theme isn't selling well, then I'll be able to snag them on good discount.

Picked up 2 random Simpson minifigs at the local Meijer today. Ended up with Lisa and Bart. My husband is now convinced he needs them all, and since they were just $3.00 we will be going back soon.

That's a 25% discount off MSRP. Gotta get em all!

Lego simpsons just aired. Very cute episode and timely as my dark ages ended just a month ago and I'm a huge simpsons fan. Lots of freeze frame jokes.

Welcome to the beginning of the end of your savings. That episode will be the first new Simpsons episode I've watched in many, many years.

I hate to admit it but i'm a sucker for those pre-fab boat hulls. I usually buy a set or two from a series and looks like i'll be getting that arctic ship for sure.

I'm not a big boat person. What bothers me about the pre-fab boat hulls is they are so bulky to store. It's cool that they float though.

The bracket/jumper combo is working. I was just thinking for stability to replace with some different stuff.
4211111.jpg

Use these, then thread this through it...
4211483.jpg

then thread this into that brick.
4211628.jpg

Should be a bit bitter in the grip for the bars so they wont snap off so easily.

That combo looks a lot like a flick fire missile.

Snaku

Banned
Ended up picking up Jedi Interceptor, Grievous's Wheelbike, the Mandalorian Speeder, a Boba Fett keychain, and Darth Revan for May the 4th. Missing out on the Malevolence stung, and none of the other big sets really interested me. Seeing what Revan was going for on eBay ($35+ so far), I was better off just ordering a few small sets I've been mildly interested in but never had a real reason to pick up.

Ponn

Banned

I hope they eventually go back and do another wave of Monster Fighters in a year or two. Such an awesome theme, they need to do a Killer Klowns from Outer Space set.

Ok so myself and a friend are trying out hand at video reviews for LEGO on youtube, we've coined out channel "1980s Something" and have launched with the first review of the Ghostbusters set!

We've already learnt a lot after this first one, this is obviously a lot longer than we would expect most reviews to be because of my connection to it and there's a lot of other improvements we've come up with but if you have any feedback, like if you would even want to watch more of our reviews or not, let me know.

Neato, will check it out after work. :)

That combo looks a lot like a flick fire missile.
you better take that back before phonce comes back. xD

Hmm, finally found two Simpsons minifigs but I also encountered a lot of bags that were torn open. Alas seems like a lot of that going on, didn't see much of it so much with the other series but this one has everyone up in a tizzy.

neonglow

Hmm, finally found two Simpsons minifigs but I also encountered a lot of bags that were torn open. Alas seems like a lot of that going on, didn't see much of it so much with the other series but this one has everyone up in a tizzy.

This is probably why the minifigures are usually at the customer service desk at Toys R Us.

We don't take kindly to flick missiles around here. Almost as bad a stickers if some people are to be believed. ;)

Nothing wrong with flick missiles as parts. They can be very handy.

You guys may have seen these already but I let my daughter play with the ecto-1 yesterday and this is what she did with it.

13926197408_e2915e0177_b.jpg
[/url]
Violet&#x27;s Ghostbusters
by Brent Waller, on Flickr[/IMG]

So I stole her idea (and her unikitty) and ran with it...

14132875413_9c173e8b7e_b.jpg
[/url]
Ghostbusters 3 Cast
by Brent Waller, on Flickr[/IMG]

Everything is awesome. Particularly the Bustingkitty.

Yeah, that is fantastic Wetwired. Cute kid too. They make everything better, as your post proves!

My girls would fill it with jewels and other "treasure" and they would somehow use it to play house. I swear that stuff is built in at a DNA level or something. There's no escaping it.

Ironmask

So i'm not the only one to steal the unikitty from his daughter collection ahahah
Btw she didn't like the bad robot in that set and asked me to throw it far far away.... now it is on my desk as a custom Agent Coulson minifig

Top Bottom