• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

You guys may have seen these already but I let my daughter play with the ecto-1 yesterday and this is what she did with it.

So I stole her idea (and her unikitty) and ran with it...

So awesome! Next up will be the mashups with all the other licenses and themes. I'm waiting for all the Simpsons Ghostbusters photos once ECTO 1 set comes out.

So I stayed up this morning after working all night and went to Lego store. To my surprise they are sold out of Sandcrawler and ran out of Darth Revan!#$

Rootbeer

Banned
Any idea who is getting the Mikey's Shellraiser polybag? I can get one online right now but it is a little on the pricey said.

you can get it for $9.99 on amazon with free 2-day prime shipping included. sounds pricey but it supposedly retails for 4.99 so it's not a bad price to get it shipped.

not sure why it seems like such a limited item, but they could be rolling them at at other retailers later this year... so you could wait and hope for that.

If I saw it in the wild for 3.99 or 4.99 i'd probably buy it, but it's really not special. the minifig inside isn't even unique, it's the same mikey head and body from the Shellraiser Street Chase set.
So I stayed up this morning after working all night and went to Lego store. To my surprise they are sold out of Sandcrawler and ran out of Darth Revan!#$

You have my condolences... some were saying stores got about 100 bags so I can see how that would go fast given how 'star wars day' is growing in popularity. If you want revan bad enough you should try shop.lego.com, that's where i placed my order and it was included.
Is the star wars Jek Stealth Starfighter cool?

Was thinking about getting that and the A wing to get the Revan mini fig...
People are talking the set up all the time. Frankly it looks like a very slick ship to me. And IMO the 4 included minifigs look great, nice diverse set of different looking characters, none of them look like figs from any other set I've seen, so it has that going for it too. I ordered one to get Revan, but it's on backorder so I may not get it for a 2 or 3 weeks.

Also guys... I've been reading the updated & expanded LEGO SW dictionary... and i'm depressed at just how many sets I will never own :) I do know one thing though... i really want them to make a new Yoda's hut and/or Dagobah set, I really love that sequence from the films.

I enjoyed the Simpsons episode last night. As I watched it I kept wondering if they would throw out sneak peaks of upcoming sets... they have to have upcoming sets right??/ What about Bartman with the Batman outfit.... ???

Rootbeer

Banned
I enjoyed the Simpsons episode last night. As I watched it I kept wondering if they would throw out sneak peaks of upcoming sets... they have to have upcoming sets right??/ What about Bartman with the Batman outfit.... ???

I hope not, because I'd have to buy those. j/k. Bring it on!

Saw the episode. Visually I loved it. Really wish the script were a little more creative though. They spend so much time making this episode and I feel like they kinda wasted the potential on a fairly uninteresting plot. Oh well.

ruxtpin

Banned
Finished up the Sandcrawler last night. I enjoyed it. I'll say that the individual bags/section didn't have super remarkable building techniques, but I did think the steps for joining everything together was impressive.

Overall I'm happy with it, but compared to other stuff like the UCS X-Wing, B-Wing, etc... I think it has more appeal from a "play" perspective, which is odd cuz' I don't know how many kids have $300 dollars to drop on a Star Wars set. I'm sure my 12 y/o self would have flipped out over it.

Finished up the Sandcrawler last night. I enjoyed it. I'll say that the individual bags/section didn't have super remarkable building techniques, but I did think the steps for joining everything together was impressive.

Overall I'm happy with it, but compared to other stuff like the UCS X-Wing, B-Wing, etc... I think it has more appeal from a "play" perspective, which is odd cuz' I don't know how many kids have $300 dollars to drop on a Star Wars set. I'm sure my 12 y/o self would have flipped out over it.

Interesting write-up yet at the same time, I kinda had that feeling when looking at the released pics that it was definitely a "playset" type of thing. It will probably make for a great family build during Christmas holidays I think. I'd guess any kid that gets to play with it will put their own minifigs inside along with any other minifigs.

If LEGO can release Revan for this year, I'd love to see an Ebon Hawk build (either UCS or similar to the build of the current 7965 Falcon) at some point.

ruxtpin

Banned
^^^
I'm looking forward to that!

My soon to be nephew just reached 5 years old, so now I have someone I can spoil with Lego before kids of my own come along in a few years. He hasn't quite got the pronunciation down, but he opened up a Lego fire truck he got for his birthday and yelled "tiny yegos!"

neonglow

With a big set coming out monthly, it seems like this is the year for many sets old sets to go out of print. It's hard to keep up.

2014 Release
January - Parisian Restaurant
January - Maersk Line Triple-E
February - Simpsons House
March - Sea Cow
May - Sandcrawler
June - Fairground Mixer
?? - Mini Cooper
?? - UCS Slave 1

Out of print
SSD
Grand Emporium

Soon to be out of print?
Haunted House
Orthanc Tower
Tower Bridge
Town Hall

^^^
I'm looking forward to that!

My soon to be nephew just reached 5 years old, so now I have someone I can spoil with Lego before kids of my own come along in a few years. He hasn't quite got the pronunciation down, but he opened up a Lego fire truck he got for his birthday and yelled "tiny yegos!"

My goddaughter whom I gifted the Little Mermaid & Sleeping Beauty DUPLOs is over the moon with them (she just turned 3 a few weeks ago). She was begging me for more when I saw her last week, as was my cousin's daughter (also 3) who strangely didn't have any LEGO of her own since she likes dolls more.

I promised that I'd get them Cinderella ones for Christmas if they were good - that got them plenty excited.

Not sure how my elder goddaughter liked her Rapunzel set (she's more into fashion really), but I hope she did try to build it. I have another goddaughter who will be 1 in August so I've already got my eye on a few sets that hopefully will entertain her.

I have:
Lisa, Krusty, Mr.. Burns, Flanders, the mouse/ rat and the kid with the bat. I would like to trade these for any Star Wars mini figs or anything mini fig wise.. Just pm me.

Ryuuroden

Aside from the carnival thing.... Does anybody have a clue what the future holds for modulars?

Well the carnival thing isn't really a modular. They have been doing about 1 modular series set a year, and this year's was the Parisian Restaurant. No clue what next years will be.

Bought the Sith Interceptor today, plus the remaining figs for the Simpsons collection and the tiny Republic VS Sith Old Republic battle pack. Done for May I think, unless we get more amazing returns.

With a big set coming out monthly, it seems like this is the year for many sets old sets to go out of print. It's hard to keep up.

2014 Release
March - Sea Cow
May - Sandcrawler
June - Fairground Mixer
?? - Mini Cooper
?? - UCS Slave 1

Out of print
SSD
Grand Emporium

Soon to be out of print?
Haunted House
Orthanc Tower
Tower Bridge
Town Hall
Don't forget the rumored Santa's Workshop set supposedly scheduled for this year's winter theme. Also, at least two of the items on your last list have been OOP since February and if Lego hasn't stopped sending them to stores yet, they will shortly. I don't know if I'm allowed to specify which sets they are though so that's all I'll say.

wetwired

So awesome! Next up will be the mashups with all the other licenses and themes. I'm waiting for all the Simpsons Ghostbusters photos once ECTO 1 set comes out.

Someone suggested that on the facebook page, I haven't got any simpsons minifigs yet though

I've got 4 boxes on the way :)

R-User!

Bought the Sith Interceptor today, plus the remaining figs for the Simpsons collection and the tiny Republic VS Sith Old Republic battle pack. Done for May I think, unless we get more amazing returns.

Don't forget the rumored Santa's Workshop set supposedly scheduled for this year's winter theme. Also, at least two of the items on your last list have been OOP since February and if Lego hasn't stopped sending them to stores yet, they will shortly. I don't know if I'm allowed to specify which sets they are though so that's all I'll say.

Also, this is Batman's 75th Anniversary year..... The Tumbler UCS.... is all i'm saying...

...though I guess if that were a set that would come to fruition, it perhaps could come out as late as March 29th 2015 and still make it during the 364 days following Batman's first comics' release date...

Kyari

Ughhh..I really want to pick up the Emporium if its being retired. My local lego store has them in, as does the website. I had hoped to get the pet shop next but I may have to re-prioritise. I'm already regretting not getting in to modulars until now... :(

Also I can't remember if I've asked this here before but do we know if there are going to be any more DC sets this year? Kinda sucks that there are so few of them as is and Marvel is getting a second wave this summer.

Also, this is Batman's 75th Anniversary year..... The Tumbler UCS.... is all i'm saying...

...though I guess if that were a set that would come to fruition, it perhaps could come out as late as March 29th 2015 and still make it during the 364 days following Batman's first comics' release date...

Oh yeah, not only is there the rumored Tumbler UCS but Lego DID post that tease of a 1960's Batmobile too. If that's part of its own wave or just a new exclusive set or even anything at all though remains to be seen I guess.

I don't get why Town Hall will go OOP before Pet Shop. What is the logic behind this?

Probably significantly less popular.

This. It's the most expensive of the Modulars too. If we don't count the Haunted House it's a good $50 more than any of the others, isn't it?

2014 Release
March - Sea Cow
May - Sandcrawler
June - Fairground Mixer
?? - Mini Cooper
?? - UCS Slave 1

Out of print
SSD
Grand Emporium

Soon to be out of print?
Haunted House
Orthanc Tower
Tower Bridge
Town Hall

I don't get why Town Hall will go OOP before Pet Shop. What is the logic behind this?

I was gonna ask about Pet Shop as I want that, but am holding out until next VIP double points. Is there any danger of Pet Shop going out of stock by then? Is Pet Shop out of print?

I don't know 100% so this is conjecture on my part but if I were looking at it logically, I'd say Pet Shop is the safer of those three because 1) it's not as old as Grand Emporium and 2) it's not as expensive as Town Hall. This is honestly just my personal opinion though, I'm still new to the Modular game so I don't know if Lego is like Apple and has a strict release-retire schedule they keep to or if certain set's lives can be extended due to higher sales (like Lex's Power Armor?)

Probably significantly less popular.

FWIW, word on the street is Town Hall may not be available in LEGO stores very soon (within this month) and will be gone for good once in-store stock is gone. Not sure if it will be available on S@H for longer.

I don't think Town Hall has the popularity as the Fire Brigade which made a miraculous return to last quite a bit longer.

Town Hall will be the first modular I skip because LEGO comes out with frickin so many $150+ sets I want. I started with Fire Brigade.

Brisbane finally started getting The Simpsons minifigs in! Unfortunately my wife wasn't with me and she is way better than I am at feeling the bags. So I only bought two to start with.

simpsonsminifigs2.jpg

simpsonsbatman.jpg

milhouse2.jpg

stormtrooperhomer.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
I'd love to collect all of the Simpsons mini figs but in the shop near me, they have the box behind the till, so you can't feel them up.

Are you sure? Have you asked? If not, that right there is poor customer service and they don't deserve your business.

Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Meijer... you have lots of options thankfully.

All the stores that had some last week are sold out here though. While I have all the Simpsons I need, I still keep an eye out for them. Trying to keep my fingers on the pulse of the demand :) It seems very high though, gotta say. Great for LEGO and the future of CMFs.

On the topic of Star Wars... I really think TT Games needs to release an updated version of their Star Wars Complete collection (Ep I - VI). SW was their first go at LEGO games and the gameplay and graphics is quite dated compared to the newer games. I would love to see them do a refreshed version, would you all be game for that? Put it on PS4 and XBO, great way to get me to rebuy a classic :)

Grand Emporium is OOP?

I don't have any modulars yet, trying to decide if I should buy that or not.

But with Spaceship and the Ghostbusters set coming next month I don't know if I should :(

jpatez34

Neo Member
So wish me luck LEGOGaf.

I have a job interview with my "local" LEGO store on Friday! (Local being Shepherds Bush Westfields and me living in Kingston upon Thames).

Rats, thought I had all of the Simpsons figs, turns out I have everyone except Chief Wiggum. On the plus side I now have 2 of the main family, plus 2 sets of Itchy and Scratchy, and since I only bought 12 figures I still have 4 chances left to get Wiggum. As everyone keeps saying, the production quality is insane and they look REALLY good in person.

Rootbeer

Banned
At Starbucks today the barista had the Larry the Barista minifig pinned to his apron. Complete with the coffee cup which I assumed had been glued to stay in his hand.

Was cool. That is all!

Wich kind of minifigs?
If the cmf on store with the tasting technique, otherwise bricklink.com

Any minifig (Star Wars... or otherwise).... I have seen the create a minifig thing in the store. Do they have Star Wars Mini fig parts in them??? I never even inquired how much they cost to make....

Any minifig (Star Wars... or otherwise).... I have seen the create a minifig thing in the store. Do they have Star Wars Mini fig parts in them??? I never even inquired how much they cost to make....

In-store is called Build A Minifig and it's 3 figures (head, hat/hair, torso, legs, and accessory) for $9.99. There are no Star Wars or any other license theme parts in there though.

neonglow

I would get the 4 minifigure battle packs for Star Wars for $13 each. City, Castle and Lone Ranger also have one too.

Top Bottom