• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Not a fan of Simpsons but man do they come with some great accessories. I almost want to collect more just for that and sell off the minifigs haha.

Kyari

In-store is called Build A Minifig and it's 3 figures (head, hat/hair, torso, legs, and accessory) for $9.99. There are no Star Wars or any other license theme parts in there though.

My local lego store almost constantly had Padme and Doc Brown parts in their minifig station lately.

On a semi related note does anyone know anywhere printing custom figs on demand or anything like that? As someone that got super into DCUO and SWTOR I have a few OC I would go to great lengths to get torsos printed for (and potentially heads) to throw in with my DC superheroes and Star Wars sets.

Ponn

Banned
Really surprised the Mixel build thread isn't as popular. I think maybe average non-Lego enthusiasts may be having the same first sight bad reaction to them. I admit I thought they were trash when they were first unveiled but when you really look at the parts and then when you actually get your hands on some it just clicks.

We have been doing sets for the contests but for the next one I suggest maybe a theme and leave it open to what people have, maybe a piece count limit? Like say a build thats superhero themed or Godzilla themed or for July 4th, something like that.

Rootbeer

Banned
More LEGO sightings. Yay.

Bought some Anakin Jedi Interceptor Polys at TRU today. 3.99 first I've seen them in stores.

Only saw like 10 of them. I snagged 3 cause it may be the only time I spot any. Oh and they had lots of Simpsons today.

More LEGO sightings. Yay.

Bought some Anakin Jedi Interceptor Polys at TRU today. 3.99 first I've seen them in stores.

Only saw like 10 of them. I snagged 3 cause it may be the only time I spot any. Oh and they had lots of Simpsons today.

do the anakin jedi interceptor polys have a minifig with them or just the ship?

Any minifig (Star Wars... or otherwise).... I have seen the create a minifig thing in the store. Do they have Star Wars Mini fig parts in them??? I never even inquired how much they cost to make....

I usually get minifigs off Bricklink.com which is usually cheaper, but you can get lucky on eBay sometimes. BAM (Build-A-Minifig) in LEGO stores do not have licensed minifig parts.

Depending on the minifig the price range varies based on demand and availability of minifig (rare = more $$$).

My local lego store almost constantly had Padme and Doc Brown parts in their minifig station lately.

On a semi related note does anyone know anywhere printing custom figs on demand or anything like that? As someone that got super into DCUO and SWTOR I have a few OC I would go to great lengths to get torsos printed for (and potentially heads) to throw in with my DC superheroes and Star Wars sets.

That is unusual.

yukonrye

Really surprised the Mixel build thread isn't as popular. I think maybe average non-Lego enthusiasts may be having the same first sight bad reaction to them. I admit I thought they were trash when they were first unveiled but when you really look at the parts and then when you actually get your hands on some it just clicks.

We have been doing sets for the contests but for the next one I suggest maybe a theme and leave it open to what people have, maybe a piece count limit? Like say a build thats superhero themed or Godzilla themed or for July 4th, something like that.
I think the Mixel sets are great. Especially since they have the new smaller sized ball/cup joints.
6039482.jpg
6043639.jpg

At the moment you can only get these parts in the Mixels, Chima Legend Beasts, and the Sea Cow.

I think in general it's better for contests to have everybody on equal footing with the same set (Plus it gives me an excuse to buy another set) . It wouldn't hurt to open up the next one. That way people won't be obligated to purchase something to participate. Limit the piece count and minifig count. I also think it'd be great if people could chip in a couple of bucks towards a gift card or something, rather than mailing stuff to winners. I'd like to contribute to a prize pool but I'm way to lazy to mail shit.

Do you mean their hair? Because AFAIK those are just generic parts. If you were seeing their custom torsos though that's very strange, as both of them have pink heads and hands so they shouldn't have been in the BAM tubs to begin with.

Kyari

Do you mean their hair? Because AFAIK those are just generic parts. If you were seeing their custom torsos though that's very strange, as both of them have pink heads and hands so they shouldn't have been in the BAM tubs to begin with.

Nope, torsos and heads specifically. Plenty of Padme's ripped shirt torso and Doc's labcoat body, as well as his head. Talking about Gateshead Metro Centre lego store in the UK.

Nope, torsos and heads specifically. Plenty of Padme's ripped shirt torso and Doc's labcoat body, as well as his head. Talking about Gateshead Metro Centre lego store in the UK.

Wow, that's super weird. Normally I'd say that maybe they had a set open for display and tossed the mini figs into BAM but it doesn't sound like that was the case. That's very strange.

mrkgoo

I'm all for variation!

The contest should be all about trying new ideas. It doesn't matter if it perks or not because you just move on to he next one!

The mixels are really fantastic.

Great variety if pieces and inexpensive.

I have all the fire ones, but zorhbis most definitely inferior.

I ordered the A-wing and X-wing to get Darth Revan.

A-Wing looks simple but its my favorite star wars ship, and I want ackbar for my mon calamari shrine at work.

X-wing seems like a cool build too

8bit

Knows the Score
I grabbed 6 Simpsons minfig packs yesterday, and now I have the Simpsons family except Bart. I'll be the man fondling the packets for spiky hair for the next few weeks

theaface

I grabbed 6 Simpsons minfig packs yesterday, and now I have the Simpsons family except Bart. I'll be the man fondling the packets for spiky hair for the next few weeks

The wheels of his skateboard are the best giveaway. You shouldn't have many problems as he's one of the easier ones to feel for.

Draxal

I ordered the A-wing and X-wing to get Darth Revan.

A-Wing looks simple but its my favorite star wars ship, and I want ackbar for my mon calamari shrine at work.

X-wing seems like a cool build too

I think the X wing nose is my favorite build ever (Tied with the Sity Fury Interceptor Wing). Just seeing it come together was so much fun.

The wheels of his skateboard are the best giveaway. You shouldn't have many problems as he's one of the easier ones to feel for.

I got Bart on my first try. I managed to feel his skateboard, which was a dead giveaway really. Of all the polys there at the LEGO store, he was the only one I was looking for since they just got the bags in.

I think the X wing nose is my favorite build ever (Tied with the Sity Fury Interceptor Wing). Just seeing it come together was so much fun.

Yeah, the nose on the Sex Wing is up there. The wings on the Sith Fury are badass as well. Have you splurged on the Red Five X-Wing yet? Just curious.

Somehow I miscounted my Simpsons figs and I'm actually missing TWO - Chief Wiggum and Flanders. I can't believe I thought Marge's purse was Ned's toolbox, dammit, how did I mess that one up so royally!?

Edit: Also, the Sith VS Republic KOTOR battle pack - I checked the instructions like three times and I know I built the little hover scooter right, but does the minifig seriously sit so low on it that the handle bars are actually almost above his face? On the box it shows him standing and holding them like normal but in practice it's like he's a brick or two too short?

Kyari

Somehow I miscounted my Simpsons figs and I'm actually missing TWO - Chief Wiggum and Flanders. I can't believe I thought Marge's purse was Ned's toolbox, dammit, how did I mess that one up so royally!?

Edit: Also, the Sith VS Republic KOTOR battle pack - I checked the instructions like three times and I know I built the little hover scooter right, but does the minifig seriously sit so low on it that the handle bars are actually almost above his face? On the box it shows him standing and holding them like normal but in practice it's like he's a brick or two too short?

Its not meant to sit, its meant to stand. Its a hover segway.

frogg609

I'm feeling bummed that I can't get the Curiosity Rover. I'm debating on picking it up on EBay for $60.00. Seems ridiculous that it was such a limited run.

I'm feeling bummed that I can't get the Curiosity Rover. I'm debating on picking it up on EBay for $60.00. Seems ridiculous that it was such a limited run.

One of my supervisors was talking to a customer about that the other day and she was saying something about them rebranding everything with Lego Ideas, so that may be why they haven't sent out more yet? Unless she was just speculating... :\

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Wow, that's super weird. Normally I'd say that maybe they had a set open for display and tossed the mini figs into BAM but it doesn't sound like that was the case. That's very strange.

I also picked up a bunch of Marty McFly heads and torsos at the Manchester store in the UK around Christmas time, so it does happen occasionally. At least over here it seems.

iuuk

Ok, so I got all excited for my LEGO Simpsons minifigure box, but;

First sign something was wrong:

Confirmation:

So, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer now. They all say waiting is half the fun, but that's only true after receiving the (right) package.

Made the mistake of picking up my first Mixel today. I got Shuff. Now I want a legion of them. God dammit.

Still not 100% sold on all of them but he was a really neat build.

theaface

Made the mistake of picking up my first Mixel today. I got Shuff. Now I want a legion of them. God dammit.

Still not 100% sold on all of them but he was a really neat build.

Do it. I can see how they initially appear unappealling, but they're very cute in their intended forms, and even better when you pull them apart and make your own models, as evidenced by our own competition thread.

Given the fun I've had with the first wave, there's no way I won't be getting wave 2 in full.

Rootbeer

Banned

Confirmation:

So, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer now. They all say waiting is half the fun, but that's only true after receiving the (right) package.
Well, sucks but at least you have a whole box of Out of Print minifigs. Could be useful. Or at least make your money back with a little profit.

Confirmation:

Where are you? If you're in Europe I might be willing to take a third of the Figs of your hands for a third of whatever you paid
within reason of course
. :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Confirmation:

Derp!

Zerojul

Confirmation:

Well that sucks... Where did you order that ?

iuuk

Well that sucks... Where did you order that ?
A-tembo, Dutch LEGO store.

Where are you? If you're in Europe I might be willing to take a third of the Figs of your hands for a third of whatever you paid
within reason of course
. :)

I think I'll first see how the store would like to handle this first, but thanks for the offer anyway. I'd rather just exchange it for Simpsons figs.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
A-tembo, Dutch LEGO store.

I think I'll first see how the store would like to handle this first, but thanks for the offer anyway. I'd rather just exchange it for Simpsons figs.

They should let you keep it :)
Looks like it's been opened before?

The stores attached to LEGO Discovery Centers are terrible. Hit up the one in Grapevine TX yesterday and was very disappointed.

I want location specific fridge magnets dammit!

iuuk

They should let you keep it :)
Looks like it's been opened before?
No, I opened the cardboard box to check and the minifigurebox is still sealed. Just got a response and they'll ship me the correct box (+ maybe something extra) and pay for return shipping of this one. It's not a megastore like Amazon/LEGO itself, so I'm happy with that solution.

Just gotta make sure I don't accidentally ship the knife I used to open the box with with it. I did that last time I had to return something and they thought I was threatening them.

ruxtpin

Banned
Benefit of the Sandcrawler... You can hide junk inside it. I managed to keep my cat away from my morning yogurt by keeping it inside the Sandcrawler on my desk until I was ready to eat.

Top Bottom