• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Zerojul

Until Lego officially announces the release dates themselves we're not supposed to say anything. Even though the new Minecraft and Agents sets are on next month's events calendar, since there's no announced date yet we can't say anything other than "check back next month" when people ask.
Now that totally makes sense. Much more than the "Sorry, I don't know what Guardians of the Galaxy are" she gave me :)

Now that totally makes sense. Much more than the "Sorry, I don't know what Guardians of the Galaxy are" she gave me :)
It's entirely possibly she was being serious, unfortunately just because someone works at a Lego store doesn't mean they actually care. There are a couple people I work with who, while nice people, are only there for the paycheck. Not many people know what GotG is yet so it's not unbelievable to me that she didn't know what the franchise was and, as a result, had no idea what the sets were. They show up in the system as their set name, too, not under the GotG name, so even if she's looked over the upcoming releases list she may have just seen the names of the sets and had no idea they were connected to the movie.

Edit: building the Madelorian Speeder, this thing has a really strange build so far...

wetwired

I should add I had the same issue with the binding of the booklet as this guy. I thought it was down to the excessive handling mine had as a fair few people had taken a look at it.

Ryuuroden

Man it's scary to think that I could have a set or sets that are missing figures and I not realize it. I've got a decent backlog and fear finding out stuff is missing now. It just happens that this set I bought a couple days ago so it's easily returnable. I just didn't think people went through all the trouble.

Curious, did this happen on big sets or small sets for you guys? This was a smaller $20 set. My backlog is mostly big sets so it'll be maybe more comforting to know that they target smaller sets.

It was a 100 dollar set. My experience is they target the large sets with exclusive figures not in other sets or not in many others. Mines of moria is an infamous set for theft of figures.

iuuk

New day, new chance, new 'box' :

VntpLWH.jpg

The discription already said it would be strips of minifigures rather than a real box this time, so at least it not being a box is not as big as a surprise as it being the wrong order was.
Also in the package:
(for shipping)

So fast and correct far as I'm concerned. Now to see if I can feel those bags.

New day, new chance, new 'box' :

The discription already said it would be strips of minifigures rather than a real box this time, so at least it not being a box is not as big as a surprise as it being the wrong order was.
Also in the package:

(for shipping)

So fast and correct far as I'm concerned. Now to see if I can feel those bags.
So what are you doing with the two spare sets? ;)

iuuk

So what are you doing with the two spare sets? ;)
I am indeed selling them, but I'm trying to get most of my money for the box back (otherwise I could have just bought one of those sets on ebay ;)) so I still have to see how to best go about that. I'm always open for offers though.
Tempy already has dibs on a Bart and Scratchy (cat), but those are extras.

WhiteFang_LegoSimpsonsMinifigures_Review_04.jpg

(It should be the same in Europe, but I haven't checked yet.)

Zerojul

Seen on hothbricks :

b5QYaqO.jpg

75048 Phantom - 29.99 €
75049 Snowspeeder - 42.99 €
75050 B-Wing - 64.99 €
75051 Jedi Scout Fighter - 76.99 €
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina - 87.99 €
75053 The Ghost - 109.99 €
75054 AT-AT - 129.99 €
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer - 142.99 €

Seen on hothbricks :

b5QYaqO.jpg

75048 Phantom - 29.99 €
75050 B-Wing - 64.99 €
75054 AT-AT - 129.99 €

Are these out yet?

ghostmind

Seen on hothbricks :

b5QYaqO.jpg

75048 Phantom - 29.99 €
75050 B-Wing - 64.99 €
75054 AT-AT - 129.99 €

h7s9HxV.gif

Zerojul

Are these out yet?

Reportedly yes they are, at least in UK and French Lego Stores. No update yet on the S@H though...

indeed there is bro, didn't you tell me a couple days back that the Cantina was gonna be 70 bucks?

nooooooooooo :(
Indeed those prices are insane...

I thought this wave was scheduled for August for some reason. Anyway I'm still behind on a lot of 2012/2013/early 2014 sets (SW or others) so I will have to prioritize the older stuff. The OOP modulars for instance :)

Two days to go on Mixels contest, and less than 20 entries so far. I asked over there if people wanted a deadline extension or not. Maybe the mixels themselves turned people off.

theaface

Two days to go on Mixels contest, and less than 20 entries so far. I asked over there if people wanted a deadline extension or not. Maybe the mixels themselves turned people off.

I'd personally vote against an extension, just because I think the length of the competition was sufficient for anyone who wanted to get an entry in and the sooner this comp is done, the sooner we can do another one!

Shame if it is the Mixels that are turning people off - they're very affordable and great fun to mess about with. Can't understand it myself. :-/

ghostmind

indeed there is bro, didn't you tell me a couple days back that the Cantina was gonna be 70 bucks?

nooooooooooo :(

USD prices:

75048 The Phantom - $24.99
75049 Snowspeeder - $29.99
75050 B-Wing - $49.99
75051 Jedi Scout Fighter - $59.99
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina - $69.99
75053 The Ghost - $89.99
75054 AT-AT - $109.99
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer - $129.99
75056 2014 Advent Calendar - $39.99
75057 TBA retailer exclusive #1
75058 TBA retailer exclusive #2

Zerojul

Shame if it is the Mixels that are turning people off - they're very affordable and great fun to mess about with. Can't understand it myself. :-/
My thoughts exactly. Mixels are a IMO a perfect introduction to MOC, I could come up with a few ideas in a very short amount of time and I had no experience with MOCs whatsoever.
I sure hope we can have a similar contest/thread for the next wave of Mixels anyway, it was awesome :)
Anyway I don't think an extension would change anything either, people who wanted to give it a try already did, provided they managed to find the sets...

USD prices:
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina - $69.99
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer - $129.99

I know it's already been said a number of times, but boy are we getting screwed with the euro prices... 129.99$ -> 142,99€ ? 69.99$-> 87,99€ ?!!! Come on...

Snaku

Banned
And after I just bought the original Snowspeeder last night haha. Oh well, it'll be cool to compare the 1999 edition with the 2014 edition.

The new Snowspeeder seems a bit expensive. It's not a very big vehicle.

On another the note, I just got the new LEGO Star Wars DK book and a bit disappointed that they left many of the new upcoming set out and also left out some older set that got replaced.
edit: they put old set in little picture, I imagine this will get worst when they update the book again in a few years. They might have to make 2 volumes!

theaface

Hooray, it's finally coming to my local store!

F9v6eqK.jpg

fSMrRXr.jpg

I assume they don't, but does anyone know definitively whether or not the offers stack (i.e. spend over a £100 to get the store mode AND the VIP points AND the minifigs)?

Ironmask

F9v6eqK.jpg

fSMrRXr.jpg

I assume they don't, but does anyone know definitively whether or not the offers stack (i.e. spend over a £100 to get the store mode AND the VIP points AND the minifigs)?

Omg it's like xmas birthday and summer days all packed in a single day. I could see me easily spending more than my salary in this occasion

My thoughts exactly. Mixels are a IMO a perfect introduction to MOC, I could come up with a few ideas in a very short amount of time and I had no experience with MOCs whatsoever.
I sure hope we can have a similar contest/thread for the next wave of Mixels anyway, it was awesome :)
Anyway I don't think an extension would change anything either, people who wanted to give it a try already did, provided they managed to find the sets...

I know it's already been said a number of times, but boy are we getting screwed with the euro prices... 129.99$ -> 142,99€ ? 69.99$-> 87,99€ ?!!! Come on..

if the prices were the SAME we'd be getting screwed since the euro is worth more...

but this...THIS is just us getting straight up raped here by Lego, what a JOKE!!! :((((((

Ponn

Banned
The new Snowspeeder seems a bit expensive. It's not a very big vehicle.

The videos from NY Toyfair looked pretty big, looks like it was big enough to have a wench and everything on the back.

I have been going back and forth debating getting this and the AT AT for my first, apprehensive, foray into Lego Star Wars or to not succumb to bottomless money pit and stick with the Mixer. June is going to be expensive no matter what.

Snaku

Banned
I have been going back and forth debating getting this and the AT AT for my first, apprehensive, foray into Lego Star Wars or to not succumb to bottomless money pit and stick with the Mixer. June is going to be expensive no matter what.

Qqx5B98.gif

ghostmind

Last year, the summer Star Wars sets were available on June 1st from LEGO in the UK and Europe, but not until August 1st in North America.

If this follows suit, we may still have a couple months to wait here in NorthAm.

Ponn

Banned
petulantlynaivaovertlyhappylittlegirlwhowilleventuallybecrushedbyreality.gif

I guess I could skip paying my electric bill and just mail pictures of me with the AT AT instead with a note saying "See, isn't this cool! Give me a free month please."

Last year, the summer Star Wars sets were available on June 1st from LEGO in the UK and Europe, but not until August 1st in North America.

If this follows suit, we may still have a couple months to wait here in NorthAm.

Ah, well this will make the decision much easier then. Do we know when Mixels wave 2 are coming out yet? June will probably be Mixer and 2 Ghostbuster sets for me then. Aug potentially AT AT, Snowspeeder and Mixel Wave 2. Sometime in fall Santas Workshop then Brickfriday, who knows. Maybe a bunch of Agents or Monster Fighters part deux.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Ghostbusters review on Brickset just makes me want that set more - usually it's the other way around (watch video reviews or read forums too much and I loose interest/curiosity).

Hey wetwired - did LEGO actually use any of your building techniques in the finished model?

Are you allowed to show comparisons between the original and their version?

ghostmind

I guess I could skip paying my electric bill and just mail pictures of me with the AT AT instead with a note saying "See, isn't this cool! Give me a free month please."

Ah, well this will make the decision much easier then. Do we know when Mixels wave 2 are coming out yet? June will probably be Mixer and 2 Ghostbuster sets for me then. Aug potentially AT AT, Snowspeeder and Mixel Wave 2. Sometime in fall Santas Workshop then Brickfriday, who knows. Maybe a bunch of Agents or Monster Fighters part deux.

I believe that Mixels wave 2 is out in June.

EDIT: And wave 3 in September.

F9v6eqK.jpg

fSMrRXr.jpg

I'll be able to tell you next Friday. I managed to get a late shift so I'll be there first thing. I hope I'm not the only one :-$

I've decided I want to collect all the Lego movie robots. I only need to brick link two of them (the one that comes in cloud cukuland and the robot DJ polybag). They really are cool figures. Then they can all live in the dropship when that filly drops :p I only found out today that it comes with the Lego movie version batman.

Also the crane mech is 700 peices on Amazon and is £50. Is that a miss price as it seems cheap.

ghostmind

Here's the latest release schedule (North America) for the remainder of 2014. This is subject to change.

June
Agents *now available at select TRUs*
CITY *now available at select TRUs*
Creator *now available at select TRUs*
Fairground Mixer
LEGO Ideas: Ghostbusters
LEGO Movie
Marvel (GotG, X-Men)
Mixels (wave 2)
Ninjago *now available at select TRUs*

July
TMNT Movie

August
Chima
Friends
LEGO Ideas: EXO SUIT
Star Wars

September
Star Wars UCS set
Advent Calendars
MINI Cooper MK VII
Mixels (wave 3)

October
CMF Series 12
WV Santa's Workshop

November
Minecraft

December
Hobbit: BotFA

Just a head's up since everyone is planning out their monthly spending, the June release that's all over the place for Mixels Wave 2 is for S@H. I don't think we have a solid release date yet for stores but we should be getting them before May is over. A customer called asking about them and I was told "the next couple weeks".

Hopefully I still have a chance to get Flain, he's been sold out for a while and he's the only other one I really want from Wave 1. :(

yay! Got my Darth Revan figure in the mail today. My local LEGO store didn't have them in stock yet when I was there for the May 4 sale so they took my address and mailed it out. Faith in humanity redeemed. Surprised they could read my handwriting.

ghostmind

Just a head's up since everyone is planning out their monthly spending, the June release that's all over the place for Mixels Wave 2 is for S@H. I don't think we have a solid release date yet for stores but we should be getting them before May is over. A customer called asking about them and I was told "the next couple weeks".

Hopefully I still have a chance to get Flain, he's been sold out for a while and he's the only other one I really want from Wave 1. :(

It is typical for LEGO stores to get some of the sets in a given theme in a week or two before the official "release" date. It may be individual store policy whether these are put out on shelves early though.

It is typical for LEGO stores to get some of the sets in a given theme in a week or two before the official "release" date. It may be individual store policy whether these are put out on shelves early though.

As far as I've been told the only sets we're getting that have hard releases are the Fairground Mixer and the Ecto-1. Everything else on our list says to put it out as we get it. Obviously I can't tell customers or you guys the exact dates because Lego hasn't announced them and I want to keep my job, but they should be available before the end of May at Lego stores.

The videos from NY Toyfair looked pretty big, looks like it was big enough to have a wench and everything on the back.

Or you can buy multiples of AT-AT and sell them later. It's an investment. :) Unless the plastic bubble bursts.

I believe that Mixels wave 2 is out in June.

EDIT: And wave 3 in September.

Mixels are on a 3 month release cycle. Probably accelerated due to Cartoon Network tie-in and capitalize better. I don't remember where I saw the dates. Probably this thread. :)
CMFs are on 4 month release cycle.

Top Bottom