• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

LOL at the Utapau Trooper. Most of the sets are meh, but I like the micro fighters.

Silvermine Shootout
Constitution Train Chase
An Unexpected Gathering
Creator Treehouse
MF Werewolf set
Winter Village Cottage
LR Teepee set
And a bunch of small Friends sets lol

And those boxes for the Lego Movie sets look awesome.

Save Winter Village for a few more weeks.

But in order I would do:
Unexpected Gathering
Silver Mine
Constitution Train
Tree House
Werewolf
Teepee

ghostmind

76017 Captain America vs. Hydra
Includes Captain America on a red motorcyle, Red Skull (red head, black body) and a Hydra agent. The vehicle is olive green and has 8 wheels. It's some sort of terrain vehicle, as the background is set in a snowy area. Two long antennas in the back.
*so it's not a Winter Soldier movie set*

76018: Hulk's Lab
MODOK (head is a huge 3D minifigure head in grey), Falcon, Thor in a prison cell similar to the Helicarrier Breakout set, Taskmaster in purple/orange with a black robe holding a shield and sword. Overall, it looks really blocky and there's studs everywhere. Black stairs leading to the prison cell on the right side, a yellow railing, and a huge breakable wall in the middle, which Hulk is bashing through. There's also some sort of yellow robot drone with 4 legs.

Includes Captain America on a red motorcyle, Red Skull (red head, black body) and a Hydra agent. The vehicle is olive green and has 8 wheels. It's some sort of terrain vehicle, as the background is set in a snowy area. Two long antennas in the back.

MODOK (head is a huge 3D minifigure head in grey), Falcon, Thor in a prison cell similar to the Helicarrier Breakout set, Taskmaster in purple/orange with a black robe holding a shield and sword. Overall, it looks really blocky and there's studs everywhere. Black stairs leading to the prison cell on the right side, a yellow railing, and a huge breakable wall in the middle, which Hulk is bashing through. There's also some sort of yellow robot drone with 4 legs.
Yes! MODOK is a huge mini figure head.

This is the one supposedly based on the Avengers Assemble cartoon, right?
Does this mean we're getting a Comics!Thor minifigure?

Some great looking sets in that CREATOR video!
http://youtu.be/5nzazrV7F7I

That Mountain Lodge looks amazingly odd! I can't wait for that.

Includes Captain America on a red motorcyle, Red Skull (red head, black body) and a Hydra agent....

Glad to see more characters showing up like Taskmaster & Red Skull. I don't know a thing about the former aside from his appearance in a fighting game, but it's a neat design. I'm also pleased that another set will feature the Hulk big fig. Given his prominent position in the new game I was hoping they'd include him in the new wave.

Star Wars prelim vid, with a few I missed earlier:

http://youtu.be/grbS-i-wyZw

Those Microfighters are amazing. I expect they will be huge sellers if the price point is right. Play sets, as opposed to display sets which hurt the Buildable Galaxy series.

Mixels vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o5xZhQXh_w

Great source of eye round tiles and those new balljoints. I do feel eh about those designs they came up with, and I think the LEGO MOC community can come up with way more interesting stuff than that. Contest idea? :)

I don't have any idea what to make of those sets. Neat parts but I can't really reconcile what they're going after. I'm sure it'll become apparent.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't have any idea what to make of those sets. Neat parts but I can't really reconcile what they're going after. I'm sure it'll become apparent.

Something like Moshi Monsters? Collectible figures of crazy-looking creatures, except you build them using LEGO parts. Small, cheap; makes good stocking stuffers. Something cheap which kids can buy with their own money.
And of course it heavily depends if kids like the Mixels show on Cartoon Network.

Honestly loving the new Police and City sets but I do have to agree some feel like rehashes.

I want the Loggers since I want the current liger airplane set but not for the price it's sold at. Also like the octan race car n glad more dirt motorcycles are coming

Still mostly looking forward to the movie sets

Okay, AntiqueGamer, what was that about? Surprise package shows up today with a Friends polybag and the TRU Geoffrey polybag as well. Thank you so much for that. Now I need to figure out how to get you back for that. It was a nice surprise.

ghostmind

Do the Uatapa (sp?) Troopers come with a new gun? looks like it can maybe launch pieces?

Yes, they have a new stud-launcher gun. Don't know what the final look will be though.

Vehicles also come with a new missile-launcher (spring-loaded?) that replaces the flick-fires in a lot of 2014 SW sets.

41050 Ariel's Secret Treasures

Some good elements here... I may need to get this. At least it is the cheapest one.

Nice. That's a definite get. I hope that red hair is the hard ABS. Sure looks shiny in the photo.

Thank goodness. I only want the microfighters and the Grievious Wheelbike. I expect to see a lot of those other sets on good clearances.

As mentioned later, those stud guns are interesting. About time they had more than flick missiles. LEGO probably had to step up as Kre-o has some interesting firing mechanics despite their lackluster sets.

Yes please! I prefer the green and yellow comic book Hydra, but the Captain America movie Hydra are cool too. Is this Hulk identical to the Helicarrier Breakout set? If so, I'd better unload my extra Hulk before the value drops more.

R-User!

And a shout-out to R-User for the package of goodies that I just received... thanks!!

No worries! Just glad they arrived. :) Good to hear you didn't have all of the bonus goodies I sent already!

Enjoy your old bag, er, I mean your Grandma with her old bag, er, purse... :p

Pretty happy with the majority of the Police sets except for the prisoner transport which just looks uninspired. Probably going to pick up most of them though I agree with the sentiment that most of them are just rehashes of the last police line which I skipped.

Also looking forward to getting the Light Repair vehicle and Airport fire truck.

Falch

So far very little sets I want for 2014. Which is good since I still have a huge wishlist of sets release this year or earlier.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Finished the first floor of the Haunted house last night. Looking nice and its has a nice little fireplace in it. I enjoy the look of it greatly, but it hasn't made it very far up my favorite ladder yet. I might be able to work on the second floor tonight. We will see if house work gets in the way or not.

R-User!

Finished the first floor of the Haunted house last night. Looking nice and its has a nice little fireplace in it. I enjoy the look of it greatly, but it hasn't made it very far up my favorite ladder yet. I might be able to work on the second floor tonight. We will see if house work gets in the way or not.

I'm building Haunted House right now. Doing first floor. Cool build so far. Waiting for the expected magic. :)

Okay, AntiqueGamer, what was that about? Surprise package shows up today with a Friends polybag and the TRU Geoffrey polybag as well. Thank you so much for that. Now I need to figure out how to get you back for that. It was a nice surprise.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to PM you, I was so busy this week at work and not able to get on my laptop. You don't need to get me back, it's just a thank you for making this thread and keep this place fun.

tiehFVcl.jpg

Found this at TRU today, no Christmas tree poly though.

Forgot how much I love CMFs. I want to buy tons of them...

Got the roller-skate waitress (meh) and scarecrow (YES) from series 11 today. IDK if I have any of series 10... oh wait yes I do I got everyone I wanted from it but the mime/ pierrot.

Alright probs buying Haunted house off shop@home like 15 minutes from now...... along with like 5 cmf 11s.

Why do I hate money....

chimster

finally found a copy of lego marvel super heroes with the minifig at a Canadian Wal-Mart. If anybody is looking for them they had a few ps3 and xbox copies left at the Richmond Hill (high tech road) store in Ontario

finally found a copy of lego marvel super heroes with the minifig at a Canadian Wal-Mart. If anybody is looking for them they had a few ps3 and xbox copies left at the Richmond Hill (high tech road) store in Ontario

True story:

I know a family who lived at 7 Bond Street in Richmond Hill. 7 Bond Street. They refused to put two zeroes in front of their address.

Ten years later and it still bothers me that they wouldn't do that.

LEGO:

How much longer do we think the Millenium Falcon is going to be around for?

ruxtpin

Banned
Just ordered two Silver Mine shootouts off Amazon. Those BURPs! So many good rock/landscape pieces in that set, it was too good to pass up ordering double.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Just made my last LEGO order using my Merlin 40% discount and it's a doozy!
On the way soon:

The Sydney Opera House
The Tower of Orthanc
Aviation Adventures
Family House
Mobile Crane Mk II
Star Slicer (the last set to complete my Galaxy Squad collection)
Winter Village Market

I cannot wait to start building!
Pics will be uploaded when sets arrive.

(Reason for being last order: I leave the company on Saturday due to my contract expiring, I hope to find another job soon to allow me to continue my LEGO purchases, I NEED the Parisian Restaurant modular in my collection!)

Top Bottom