• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

0pHsOZ4.jpg

What is this? The prices on the big sets are equivalent to normal prices of $350 to $550.

mojiimbo

I assumed those kits were aimed at enterprise and education as "team-building" activities.

If I recall correctly there are some harder to find parts in there for some reason, like that pirate ship mast.

I kind of want all the Galaxy Squad sets now. I think I'll keep an eye open for sales.

Also, my wife found the City Cargo Truck for $15, down from $40 at a Kmart going out of business. It was the only Lego set there.

You don't know how much you like something until it's almost gone. :)

Glad to see another person catch some Galaxy Squad love. They do have bootlegs of the humans and androids. Not sure on quality as they aren't Decool.

You may be able to find some Galaxy Squad sets on discount if you're lucky. Crater Creeper is in ample supply and is discounted heavily on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CNC3R62/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wow! I hadn't really considered buying anything from Ninjago but this set looks awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aj0T_589vk&list=PLprPXqd7y-iUqvti7q4O9m4DMOaHxWJFw

It's kind of like the Lion Chi Temple, just tons of play features and still a very pretty building. If I had anywhere at all to put it, I would be all over it... but maybe it could make a good Chinatown building on my modular street...

Edit: Damn, Jang is dangerous. The Ultra Agents truck is awesome. And they're totally Cyber NCIS.

Wow! I hadn't really considered buying anything from Ninjago but this set looks awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aj0T_589vk&list=PLprPXqd7y-iUqvti7q4O9m4DMOaHxWJFw

It's kind of like the Lion Chi Temple, just tons of play features and still a very pretty building. If I had anywhere at all to put it, I would be all over it... but maybe it could make a good Chinatown building on my modular street...

Edit: Damn, Jang is dangerous. The Ultra Agents truck is awesome. And they're totally Cyber NCIS.

It's a nice looking display set. I also really like the dark green and dark red elements. I need more elements in those colors.

I'm also eyeing the 70727: X-1 Ninja Charger. Nice looking car. Reminds me of Speed Racer sets which I missed out on

Ultra Agents is a theme I'm afraid I may get them all.

Ryuuroden

Yeah I am really going to expand my themes this year :/. I am totally going to get that temple for the various parts and colors in the set. I totally want all that gold and various stuff like the wheels from disney princess set that's in this set too for a future mini-Chinatown in my modular city. Just like I got some of the first wave Ninjago temple sets for the same reason, I will get this one. I am also going to jump into Agents for at least a couple of the sets. Agents will probably be the first Lego non-licenced playtheme (outside city sets) aimed toward a younger audience that I will pick up multiple sets from since the on again off again Pirates theme. For example I only got 1 Monster Fighters set (Haunted House), 1 Galaxy Squad (The Mech), 1 Atlantis set (was 50% off a 100 dollar set), 1 Ninjago set (was 50% off a 100 dollar set).

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO Movie Super Cycle Chase for 13% off... there haven't been a lot of good sales on Movie sets, so good to see them start to come down in price.

And... anyone else have any plans to make an Arkham Knight batmobile MOC? Here is a SDCC exclusive toy version ($85). Could serve as a reference.

UkrFBFM.jpg

I kind of want all the Galaxy Squad sets now. I think I'll keep an eye open for sales.

Also, my wife found the City Cargo Truck for $15, down from $40 at a Kmart going out of business. It was the only Lego set there.

As mentioned, check TRU. S@H is already out of two of the sets (Star Slicer and Crater Crawler) and as far as I can tell, most Lego stores don't stock the Vermin Vaporizer or Star Slicer anymore. It's probably your best bet - even with their fucking awful inflated prices, the 25% off discount at TRU still brings the prices of the sets down a fair amount. Vermin Vaporizer is a $60 set, they sell it for I think $70, but I got it for $55 with the sale, for example.

Also Amazon has Crater Crawler, a $20 set, for under $12 right now.

Galaxy Squad Deals I got-

Eradicator - 40/30
Hive Crawler - 70/40
Crater Creeper - 20/12
Space Swarmer - 12/8
Vermin Vaporizer - 60/53
Obliterater - 80/75

All in all, not bad. Galactic Titan is now on my radar, along with Warp Stinger and Interceptor. I want that Titan to drop big time though. The deals were spread out over Toys R Us and Amazon.

mrkgoo

Oh snap!

Our local toy store is doing a coupon day, 1 item under $30 becomes 50% off, one 30, , one 25 and one 20.

Oh boy. I wish I had money to splash on Lego.

The only Galaxy Squad thing I paid full price for was the Swarm Interceptor, I got everything else for:

Obliterator - $55
Eradicator - $25
Crawler - $30
Slicer & Swarmer - $40 for the two.
Creeper - $0, as I had spare Amazon points to cover the set and shipping

I'd like to get the remaining 3 sets but I'll be satisfied if I can only get the Vaporizer for a good deal, hopefully next month.

After fiddling with my GS stuff and making a little hovercraft, I wish LEGO would put out large buckets of themed bricks, at least over 3,000 pieces but not at the normal price per brick -- since there's no cost of printing instructions, stickers, etc.

That'd be sweet MOC heaven.

I am not a big fan of the Galaxy Squad theme, but I haven't built any either. I have a couple polybags along with Crater Creeper & Hive Crawler that I found at 50% off. When I can really build again I will definitely crack open the Hive Crawler.

Speaking of retired themes...I am still patiently waiting for TRU Canada to discount the Constitution Train. They aren't moving inventory and it is the one LR set that they haven't discounted beyond 20%

wetwired

So those of you with Benny's Spaceship, apparently there's a printed 1x4 tile in it that has different numbers on it? can anyone confirm that theirs is different to this?

space.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So those of you with Benny's Spaceship, apparently there's a printed 1x4 tile in it that has different numbers on it? can anyone confirm that theirs is different to this?

space.jpg

Unlock for the "The LEGO Movie" Videogame? They did this with LEGO City Undercover.

...I just blew my LEGO budget on Ninjago sets. @ __ @

You have less than 3 months to collect Series 2. More if interest slows down, less if interest picks up. As some people are slowing warming up to them, I think interest will pickup as cartoons are still showing on Cartoon Network. Also, many here have shown more interest in Series 2 than Series 1.

I definitely will be picking up a few more multiples of Series 2 than Series 1.

I've only seen maybe 3 of each of the new themes (Agents and Arctic) at Lego stores and TRU so far, at least here in LA. Anyone else? I don't know this for sure but it makes logical sense to me - I think they're staggering the release of the new themes to help stores make room for them on the shelves.

Arctic: The tiny snow mobile, the mid-sized truck, and the largish research facility.
Agents: Whatever the smallest set is, the "lightcycle", and the mobile command center.

Anyone else find anything different on their adventures?

Just got back from the Leeds Lego shop first anniversary and this is my haul. Sopworth Camel and Metalbeard's Duel (I really only got it for the micromanager) brought my total to £110. So I got the birthday cake polybag for showing up, the minifigure box for spending over £25 (I can fill it up with bricks next time I go in, I got 100 bonus VIP points for spending over £50 and the Lego Store set for spending over £100. I'm still not sure whether to build it or not. I don't really think it looks that good. Plus the free minifigure for spending over £25 started today so I got the Shredder.

Also the batwing polybag is todays free daily mail offer. Just the Tumbler left tomorrow and I'll have got all of them.

eHOcrWO.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
My local LEGO store had some of the Ultra Agents in the store shelves on May 12th which is the day they get shipments.

I don't think I can wait for sales. I want that Inferno set.
I picked it up as my sole Ultra Agents purchase last week. I'll be snagging more over the summer. Definitely getting the two cheapest sets and probably the $99 set... though on the later I may wait for sales, I haven't decided.
Just got back from the Leeds Lego shop first anniversary and this is my haul. Sopworth Camel and Metalbeard's Duel (I really only got it for the micromanager) brought my total to £110. So I got the birthday cake polybag for showing up, the minifigure box for spending over £25 (I can fill it up with bricks next time I go in, I got 100 bonus VIP points for spending over £50 and the Lego Store set for spending over £100. I'm still not sure whether to build it or not. I don't really think it looks that good. Plus the free minifigure for spending over £25 started today so I got the Shredder.

Also the batwing polybag is todays free daily mail offer. Just the Tumbler left tomorrow and I'll have got all of them.
I Hope the USA gets that Shredder minifig promo. I haven't heard anything about its status over here.

Zerojul

I Hope the USA gets that Shredder minifig promo. I haven't heard anything about its status over here.

I know you're much more into TMNT than I am, and I will definitely get one of those minifigs before the end of the month (maybe tomorrow if I'm in the mood to go get the Fairgroud Mixer). I can send you mine if you like, that shouldn't be that expensive and you'll enjoy it much more than I will. Let me know :)

wetwired

Another Update, some more roof details, I'll probably save the final roof ornament til later and attempt the stairs inside next.

Rooftop_03.jpg

Also I had the day off to look after the kids so I drove out to a local LEGO store (not an official one) to pick up a bricklink order, any guesses to the theme of my next MOC? shouldn't be hard...

guesses.jpg

Really looking forward to starting on it, I keep wanting to stop working on the rooftop to do that instead. It's been a fair while since I've done a freeform MOC and I'm keen to get started, I'll likely let the pieces I have dictate the shape.

mrkgoo

Another Update, some more roof details, I'll probably save the final roof ornament til later and attempt the stairs inside next.

Rooftop_03.jpg

Also I had the day off to look after the kids so I drove out to a local LEGO store (not an official one) to pick up a bricklink order, any guesses to the theme of my next MOC? shouldn't be hard...

guesses.jpg

Really looking forward to starting on it, I keep wanting to stop working on the rooftop to do that instead. It's been a fair while since I've done a freeform MOC and I'm keen to get started, I'll likely let the pieces I have dictate the shape.

Either classic batman or...classic space.

Zerojul

Classic Space! I'm pretty limited to which cockpit I can do as that's the only trans-yellow ones I bought, I got 2 though so I don't know whether to have a dual cockpit or whether to do 2 smaller spaceships

Seeing your work on Classic Space will be awesome :)

Well, no sets for me for the foreseeable future. Huge and sudden expenses occurring, and will probably have to get a second job to go with my full time job just to pay rent for the next few months.

I will still be in here being evil and tempting people, but won't be able to buy anything new for quite some time. Gotta love it.

Well, no sets for me for the foreseeable future. Huge and sudden expenses occurring, and will probably have to get a second job to go with my full time job just to pay rent for the next few months.

I will still be in here being evil and tempting people, but won't be able to buy anything new for quite some time. Gotta love it.

Sorry to here that Phon. Hope it is a short lived hardship.

ghostmind

Sorry to hear that Phon. Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon.

Top Bottom