• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Hopefully it is comic book faithful somehow. Let's hope. Because my expectations for the new FF movie are below ground level and covered in concrete.

Mine too. Actors better be very good because I wasn't happy with the changes they made in casting. I guess Sue's brother could be a step-brother or adopted.

Fox Marvel movies have mostly been ok or disappointing. X-Men First Class was a nice surprise.

The first part of my second Chinese knock off order arrived. The Fantastic Four is here!

Here they are:
ln0Xnlu.jpg

Packaging was a simple envelope this time. I have 2-3 orders out from different vendors, so they will arrive separately. I left out Mr. Fantastic's saw and Thing's hammer, but the other accessories are "as is" and I think they look pretty good. I may have to figure out a "clear" solution to the Invisible Woman's powers, but I think the Human Torch might just have to deal with his, lol.

I caved in and got the FF bootlegs as well. Mr. Fantastic's eyes are too far apart or something. Johnny's eyebrows are huge. Other than that, they look good. Those are Decool right? Decool so far has been the best quality of the few I got.

How about the head piece from Inferno dude?

EDIT: I also ordered the grey and red Hulk big figs.

All the heads have alternate faces. I'm still thinking of ways to spruce them up a but. That head is a good start. Mr Fantastic is a rough one though. I guess I could build something small out of blue bricks and just put his head on it, ha!

Kyari

JANGBRiCKS Bike Shop & Cafe review

Still interested in this I think- folded up the buildings are pretty cool, and I like the idea of 8x8 modulars. Obvs not as detailed as the proper modulars, but i'll be getting it either to expand upon or just as a mod accessory pack- nice amount of doors and windows in there.

Oh nooo now I want this even more. I like all 3 of the builds. I can't possibly buy it 3 times .... or can I?

Would love to see some of them standing next to a modular to see how they scale.

sharbhund

For those in the Pacific NW, Fred Meyer has Hobbit sets for 30% off (I bought another 4 Mirkwood Elf Armys). I think Chima sets were also 30% off, but I didn't pay as much attention to those prices.

BTW, if any one wants to trade for a Thranduil, I'm now up to 8 (if only it didn't have the headpiece that can't be used for any other figs)!

Rootbeer

Banned
anyone seeing star wars video reviews for the new sets? Considering they are out in a lot of territories now I was hoping some would start showing up sooner.

I don't know where I got the idea in my head that Spaceship was a LEGO store exclusive... but it's popping up for pre-order.

http://amzn.com/B00IRZT31M/

Also, dropship:
http://amzn.com/B00IRZT36C/

Again I gotta say, all three of the new movie sets (emmet's mech, dropship, spaceship) are very well priced for the piece count. It's too bad other in-house themes such as City don't see such fair prices. Well, okay, spaceship isn't quite the bargain as the other two but I think they know they can get away with it in that set.

wetwired

A WIP of my Ghostbusters rooftop scene for June's expo, I need to get some more details on the front walls and do the main entrance\doors into gozers realm, not sure how to go about that yet...

Rooftop_01.jpg

kapowza

Looking REALLY good. Where do those "lion head statue" parts come fom ?

the part no is 30274, lots of castle/harry potter style sets have them, there are a couple in the movie flying tower thing aswell. They look very cool.

got one of these beauties winging (lulz) it's way from ebay. Old studdy technic is ridiculously nostalgic to me.

brickpicker_set_8855-1_2.jpg

Ryuuroden

Ive contacted stores in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania cause I was willing to drive up to 7 hours away for spaceship spaceship spaceship but no luck >.<. If only I had a passport that wasn't expired I could drive to Canada since Toronto is within that 7 hour frame as well >.<. Is anyone here living in Toronto know if they have it. If they do, can you get it and I can meet you at the border this weekend?

Yes, this is how much I can't wait for it >.>

Ive contacted stores in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania cause I was willing to drive up to 7 hours away for spaceship spaceship spaceship but no luck >.<. If only I had a passport that wasn't expired I could drive to Canada since Toronto is within that 7 hour frame as well >.<. Is anyone here living in Toronto know if they have it. If they do, can you get it and I can meet you at the border this weekend?

The closest store to a border is likely the Sherway Gardens Toronto location, who has it in stock for $119. I would totally help you out if I was able but I can't get to the border this weekend; apologies.

Ryuuroden

The closest store to a border is likely the Sherway Gardens Toronto location, who has it in stock for $119. I would totally help you out if I was able but I can't get to the border this weekend; apologies.

es ok, I should use this as an excuse to get a new passport so if this ever happens in the future with other sets, lol.

Ryuuroden

Where are you located?

I live in Columbus, Ohio, but I woulda driven up to Buffalo, would of been good excuse to visit Niagara Falls as well since Ive never seen it. Wish it was still the good ol days when you didn't need a passport. The good ol pre-terrorism era. Plus I have the next 4 days of work off b4 its back to 6 day weeks at State College Pennsylvania on a big renovation we are doing.

I am not worthy to be called a LEGO addict compared to your level of dedication to your addiction. :) It also makes me appreciate how lucky I am to work so close to a LEGO store.

Ryuuroden

I am shamed by your level of dedication to your addiction. :) It also makes me appreciate how lucky I am to work so close to a LEGO store.

Well, I have a store that's only 20 minutes away from me as well as 2 more also in my State. The problem is all 3 of them keep saying nope to me when I ask for the spaceship. And the one that's 20 minutes from me would surly hook me up if they could. They know me well.

I live in Columbus, Ohio, but I woulda driven up to Buffalo, would of been good excuse to visit Niagara Falls as well since Ive never seen it. Wish it was still the good ol days when you didn't need a passport. The good ol pre-terrorism era.

Ah...I have been to your fine town many times on business. That's a serious drive though; I am impressed.

It also makes me appreciate how lucky I am to work so close to a LEGO store.

This. Although I am not sure it is lucky or dangerous. I am 20 minutes from my "main" LEGO store, and 45 minutes away from two others.
...and of course 5 minutes from Lasting Toys

Ryuuroden

JANG has reviewed the Cargo Train (60052) and it fairs better than its Passenger counterpart:

http://youtu.be/MAYIpmqp-_s

I think I will pick this up - some day - but this will be a set I wait on for a big discount.

Same, It is only ok in my eyes. Not a big fan of the simple design but it is a city set. Also, dammit if I can't get Benny's Spaceship then I will at least get the Fairground Mixer today!!!! After lunch.

So I ahve a chance to snag a Lego Racers Ferrari Enzo Ferrari 100% complete with box and instructions for 60 bucks. Is it worth it?

Seeing as that set is going for about $1,600 on Amazon right now and the instructions alone are like $20-50 on ebay, I'd say yes, get it. Are you talking about the small 1:17 scale Lego one, though, or the 1:10 scale Technic looking one? Even the 1:17 scale goes for several hundred bucks so I'd say you can't go wrong either way.

Ryuuroden

Just leaving the store, good news for me, they are getting in Benny's spaceship x3 on Monday. Bad news is I will be out of town again till next Saturday. I will have to hope they have them in stock still when I get back.

I kind of want all the Galaxy Squad sets now. I think I'll keep an eye open for sales.

Also, my wife found the City Cargo Truck for $15, down from $40 at a Kmart going out of business. It was the only Lego set there.

neonglow

I kind of want all the Galaxy Squad sets now. I think I'll keep an eye open for sales.

Also, my wife found the City Cargo Truck for $15, down from $40 at a Kmart going out of business. It was the only Lego set there.

Toys R Us has a 25% off sale this week. It's off their marked up price but it's still a discount if they're hard to find in your area.

Top Bottom