• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

R-User!

More pics incoming...
9o7pd8zl.jpg

LEGO playbooks are really nice as far as giving you ideas and techniques. Phon recommend it a few times so I bought one and they are great.

This one is the king of the current official books in my opinion.
bd7wWx7l.jpg

Organized thematically, and they give enough cross sections of things to let you figure out how to pull it off without explicitly showing you. The perfect balance, and much better than the LEGO Ideas book (which is still good. Just not as good.).

Took apart all my Galaxy Squad bugs and decided to build something, this is what I ended up with:

Legs and feet have enough rotation for walking/running poses and a sitting down, parked mode (that I forgot to picture). It's almost exactly as tall as the Eradicator Mech. It can stand on its own without the technic stand, but it falls too easily if I bump the table.

As you can see, it has hands but no arms; I don't have the ball-joint parts (my Eradicator does, but it stays together) to make the arms and to make the legs sturdier / give better ranges of motion -- I was just eying Power-armor Lex for the stuff I need, but just got the red mixels instead... Lex can wait till next month.

All in all, I'm surprised by what I came up with using the parts I had, and I only used 6 non-bug pieces (the trans neon green and the two black wing plates on the upper sides).

Pro-tip: Don't use Goo Off to remove excess sticker residue, it damages the plastic. I messed up the trans-red canopy. :(

Took apart all my Galaxy Squad bugs and decided to build something, this is what I ended up with:

Legs and feet have enough rotation for walking/running poses and a sitting down, parked mode (that I forgot to picture). It's almost exactly as tall as the Eradicator Mech. It can stand on its own without the technic stand, but it falls too easily if I bump the table.

As you can see, it has hands but no arms; I don't have the ball-joint parts (my Eradicator does, but it stays together) to make the arms and to make the legs sturdier / give better ranges of motion -- I was just eying Power-armor Lex for the stuff I need, but just got the red mixels instead... Lex can wait till next month.

All in all, I'm surprised by what I came up with using the parts I had, and I only used 6 non-bug pieces (the trans neon green and the two black wing plates on the upper sides).

Pro-tip: Don't use Goo Off to remove excess sticker residue, it damages the plastic. I messed up the trans-red canopy. :(

Whoa. That looks awesome. Just big, tough, and ready to mess anything up.

I honestly wasn't sold on this - not because it doesn't look cool but because I don't know where the hell I would put it. But after seeing the ~hidden function~ I don't know how I can pass up on it.

Many of them are doing this, I personally think it's shitty practice. Another new current thing to do is separated out 3D and jack up the price which they did with LEGO Movie.

Separating the 3D version of a movie's release from a standard DVD/Blu isn't a new practice, that's been the way since the beginning. Not everyone wants to pay extra for another disc with a version of the movie they'll never watch so there are always at least 3 sets when a movie comes out: DVD, DVD+Blu, and DVD+Blu+3D. The Collector's Edition of a movie typically has all three formats, which the CE of Lego Movie has in addition to the Digital Copy, as well as a special case and and exclusive minifig, so I don't really see how anyone can be upset. They could have done what every other movie does and just released a DVD+Blu+3D set in a standard box and charged $40, or God Forbid sell the 3D version on it's own which I don't see too often but IS a new practice that needs to die immediately, but instead we're getting a bunch of other stuff too.

I will agree that releasing the movies early On Demand or via iTunes is shitty, though. Not just because I like all the special features, the physical discs, and ability to take my copy anywhere with me to watch at a friend's house, but it also opens the door wide for piracy since instead of waiting the extra 3 weeks for the physical release, people will just download the HD digital version and call it a day.

Separating the 3D version of a movie's release from a standard DVD/Blu isn't a new practice, that's been the way since the beginning. Not everyone wants to pay extra for another disc with a version of the movie they'll never watch so there are always at least 3 sets when a movie comes out: DVD, DVD+Blu, and DVD+Blu+3D. The Collector's Edition of a movie typically has all three formats, which the CE of Lego Movie has in addition to the Digital Copy, as well as a special case and and exclusive minifig, so I don't really see how anyone can be upset. They could have done what every other movie does and just released a DVD+Blu+3D set in a standard box and charged $40, or God Forbid sell the 3D version on it's own which I don't see too often but IS a new practice that needs to die immediately, but instead we're getting a bunch of other stuff too.

I will agree that releasing the movies early On Demand or via iTunes is shitty, though. Not just because I like all the special features, the physical discs, and ability to take my copy anywhere with me to watch at a friend's house, but it also opens the door wide for piracy since instead of waiting the extra 3 weeks for the physical release, people will just download the HD digital version and call it a day.

No, read up on this new practice, it's not just 3D Blu-ray version being sold separately which is fine with me as I normally don't have 3D TV, but what they are doing is getting rid of 3D version and sold the 3D version as some special part of "Super" edition and jack up the price another $15-20. So instead of getting 3D version say for $39.99 now the disc part of some special edition for $59.99. For the LEGO Movies the 3D are only part of the everything is awesome edition and this suck for me because I don't want the 3D and just want the special but I have to pay extra for 3D because they bundle the 3D with it. It's also suck for people that just want 3D movie because now they have to buy this super edition just to get 3D version of the movie. Yes it's pretty shitty as far as I am concern.

R-User!

First wave of pics. Second wave tomorrow night...

Waiting in line...
N9HhgCWl.jpg

Outta my way!
MoTrzCrl.jpg

Lah dee dah...
lYS0aDql.jpg

Can't get meeeee!
Bth5kSkl.jpg

The Fairgrounds
4suGBHFl.jpg

Don't drop Teddy!!
hJ8eOH1l.jpg

Earlier that day...
KpEkSDPl.jpg

ghostmind

Something weird is going on with WB blu-ray releases, and most importantly to this thread, the LEGO Movie.

The bluray has been pulled from the release schedule on Amazon and the WB store, and people that preordered the "Everything is Awesome" edition are having their orders cancelled. Walmart still has it up for preorder, but I am thinking that it is just a matter of time for them as well.

Rootbeer

Banned
I noticed it was out of stock while browsing earlier. My order hasn't been cancelled yet though (Everything is Awesome Edition). It still says June 17th delivery.

Not going to be happy if it does get cancelled... because that means I'm gonna have to try to find one at retail... boo hoo.

R-User!

Something weird is going on with WB blu-ray releases, and most importantly to this thread, the LEGO Movie.

The bluray has been pulled from the release schedule on Amazon and the WB store, and people that preordered the "Everything is Awesome" edition are having their orders cancelled. Walmart still has it up for preorder, but I am thinking that it is just a matter of time for them as well.

Just checked, so far I haven't received a cancelation email from Amazon... (knock on wood and LEGO)

WB saw dollar signs from people wanting that exclusive figure and jacked the price up. Funny thing is, if it follows normal WB patterns, the regular blu will be dirt cheap in no time.

Rootbeer

Banned
WB saw dollar signs from people wanting that exclusive figure and jacked the price up. Funny thing is, if it follows normal WB patterns, the regular blu will be dirt cheap in no time.

do you have evidence of a price increase? I don't closely follow the dvd/blu-ray releases these days so I haven't heard of them raising the price after a disc has been announced.

do you have evidence of a price increase? I don't closely follow the dvd/blu-ray releases these days so I haven't heard of them raising the price after a disc has been announced.
Thought others here said it increased. Not sure.

Could be the figure is a retailer exclusive now so it was pulled? Just speculating.

Rootbeer

Banned
I am hoping it's just an amazon thing. a glitch perhaps. other websites still have it for order. walmart.com being one. for the same price as amazon.

Zerojul

Very nice work !!!
First wave of pics. Second wave tomorrow night...

Waiting in line...
Don't drop Teddy!!
hJ8eOH1l.jpg

Earlier that day...
KpEkSDPl.jpg

Outta my way!
Nice pics ! The Joker M.C. is a really nice touch :)
Whish I had more time to build mine, but I promised the GF we will get started on the UCS R2D2, so the Mixer will have to wait.

I've watched all of Jang's Ultra Agents reviews now and wow, what a collection. So much imagination going on, it's like they're making a brand new action figure line every year. The Infearno hovercar is one of the sleekest Lego designs ever, it's just too bad that I don't have a use for it. The HQ is obviously all kinds of awesome and I also like the little lab thing they've got going on - four of those would make a cool diorama. Kids are going to absolutely love this. I just hope it does better than GS and MF, both of which kind of got killed off prematurely. Maybe, just maybe Lego are trying to target one audience too much - with Ninjago and Chima already established, I don't know if there's room for another action lineup.

For licenses, they're only doing SW and a few Hobbit sets (oh, and Marvel, I forgot) (oh, and TMNT, I guess there's more licenses than I thought) right now. In a way that's refreshing as it lets Lego do their own stuff and really shine.

It's crazy how much stuff is coming out now, and most of it is looking great. I'm still only decided on Ecto-1 and Spaceship^3 but really, if I had the display space and money I'd go for the Ninjago City, probably some of the Ultra Agents, the Fairground Mixer, maybe the arctic base, the huge phoenix and mammoth Ninjago sets (although they're not released yet?), the Creator Bike Shop/Cafe, maybe the movie mech, not to mention some awesome original trilogy SW sets like AT-AT and the cantina. Whew!

If only I were a kid with unlimited income and unlimited spare time...

Great photos mate. Love to see people's collections. We seem to share a lot of the same interests.

My group and I played Zombicide today (Toxic City Mall), while I had a great day, I feel like I enjoy the more fun Last Night on Earth. Something about the B-Grade horror movie feel to it really talks to me. Something about some of the game decisions in Zombicide really irks me. Though most of the guys love it.

Got the Shredder poly too, I'm still willing to send it to anyone interested in TMNT in areas where it's not available :) Nice looking little fig though.

Damn that polybag looks great. I would definitely love to get my hands on that one. Not sure if it'll be available here or not. I still need to get Splinter for my TMNT collection too.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have all of the LEGO TMNT stuf to-date and I definitely want that Shredder... but I was more hoping that it would come to the USA soon so I can get one that way. If it doesn't then I'm not that worried about it... It's not the sort of figure I feel like going out of my way to get

R-User!

Very nice work !!!

Nice pics ! The Joker M.C. is a really nice touch :)
Whish I had more time to build mine, but I promised the GF we will get started on the UCS R2D2, so the Mixer will have to wait.

Thanks!

I feel you, man... It's hard when you have too much LEGO...

Great photos mate. Love to see people's collections. We seem to share a lot of the same interests.

My group and I played Zombicide today (Toxic City Mall), while I had a great day, I feel like I enjoy the more fun Last Night on Earth. Something about the B-Grade horror movie feel to it really talks to me. Something about some of the game decisions in Zombicide really irks me. Though most of the guys love it.

The board game order I put off in order to get the Galaxy Squad sets included all of the LNoE expansions :p I have the main game and it's a lot of fun. We play heavily themed games for fun and adventure, and my board game collection reflects that. LNoE fits right in there!

ruxtpin

Banned
Woo! $150 dollar Bricklink order placed. Lots of BURPs, slopes and tiles, some plants/leaves - want to start on another medieval MOC on a giant baseplate.

Guys, is it weird to want to take advantage of Targets video game trade in promo just to grab a new set? I mean I don't know what game to grab anyway (other than Mario Kart 8) but I want to build something ya know? Do they have anything new yet?

Guys, is it weird to want to take advantage of Targets video game trade in promo just to grab a new set? I mean I don't know what game to grab anyway (other than Mario Kart 8) but I want to build something ya know? Do they have anything new yet?

I was thinking about doing this too >.>

The board game order I put off in order to get the Galaxy Squad sets included all of the LNoE expansions :p I have the main game and it's a lot of fun. We play heavily themed games for fun and adventure, and my board game collection reflects that. LNoE fits right in there!

I've played the Growing Hunger and that's pretty neat.

I think more people should be posting some pics of their collections in here. I need to tidy mine up a bit first though.

namtab37

Neo Member
Has an actual release date been set yet for the ecto-1? I know it says June, but an actual day been set? (I have heard a rumor of June 1st)

Anybody have a good moc for slimer? I hope one day we get some ghosts to go with the set. A nice pollybag in the future would be nice.

Caladrius

Went to TRU 2 days ago, they had virtually everything except for the Mixels. I was able to get two ultra agents sets (The Infearno chase and Riverside mini-set.)

The Infearno Bike looks great but I can't get the ejector seat to work right. :/ It works maybe 1 in 12 times.

Top Bottom