• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Zerojul

The 16 collectible figs from Series 12 Minifigs (71007 - October 2014), according to Hothbricks :

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Can't wait for the first visuals :)

The 16 collectible figs from Series 12 Minifigs (71007 - October 2014), according to Hothbricks :

Space Miner - Everything Space is awesome. Maybe a brown space man for the first time?
Battle Goddess - Sounds like an Amazon type of deal, fine with me.
Wizard - Sure.
Dino Tracker - Meh.
Swashbuckler - Great, more Pirates.
Jester - Meh, there's one in a tiny Kingdoms sets noone wants. Could use him in Kingdoms Joust though.
Piggy Guy - Another animal guy, meh.
Hun Warrior - Sure, put him in Joust too.
Fairytale Princess - And her.
Pizza Delivery Man - If you have the Turtles HQ, here's someone to put up top.
Video Game Guy - It's gonna be someone with a Space Invader shirt, I'm sure.
Spooky Girl - Eh, ok?
Prospector - Boring.
Genie Girl - Gender switch, but blue girls in bikinis, sure.
Rock Star - Bring it.
Lifeguard - Super meh.

At least 10-11 I want. This is promising. Either way, it sounds like I'm not taking down my Joust/everything medieval/fantasy themed display just yet.

Those don't seem that bad aside from the Vulture Droid.

Bring the Revan with you if you still have it, they might ask for it back if they see it on the receipt.

If you don't have a receipt and it's sealed they can give you store credit on a gift card.

If you want the actual money back on your credit card you need a receipt or the packing slip and the card it was bought with.

They shouldn't give you any hassle unless the boxes are open.

Yeah, it's all still sealed and I have the packing slip. I only want store credit and would really like to keep Revan.

So it's definitely possible to return S@H items to an official retail store?

ghostmind

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

YES! Also cannot wait to see them.

Now lower the price back down TLG.

Caladrius

I took out two of my old MOCs out that I made a few years ago when the Bionicle line had just finished. Two days later and I'm most of the way done with retooling the first one. I wish I had comparison shots, but alas.

It's still a bit of a hatchet job in a few respects but I feel like it's coming along much better than the original. (Which had legs that were basically technic beams slapped together with limb joints shoehorned onto it. and feet that that were 10 times worse.) The only things I have left to do are reinforce the arm joints so they can withstand their own weight and maybe lengthen the upper arms a bit

Took apart all my Galaxy Squad bugs and decided to build something, this is what I ended up with:

All in all, I'm surprised by what I came up with using the parts I had, and I only used 6 non-bug pieces (the trans neon green and the two black wing plates on the upper sides).

Pro-tip: Don't use Goo Off to remove excess sticker residue, it damages the plastic. I messed up the trans-red canopy. :(

Very nice. I wish I could build my lego collection up well enough to start building nice stuff like this.

Uh....
Does anyone know what the 7 lego Star Wars bundle competition had in it for may 4th?
I won.

My Jelly levels are at maximum. Congratulations!

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Damn, I was hoping that minifig in the motion capture suit posted earlier would be one. Unless that's what they mean by "video game guy" I guess he was just created for the magazine. :(

Yeah, it's all still sealed and I have the packing slip. I only want store credit and would really like to keep Revan.

So it's definitely possible to return S@H items to an official retail store?
It is possible, but we're technically not supposed to do it (customers are usually urged to go through the S@H customer service) and there will be a big stink made if you try to keep the giveaway figure. At least in my experience that's how it's been - the terms and conditions for returns on the receipts do say that any promo figures or sets have to be returned as well. Otherwise people'd be buying up stuff to get the promos and then just returning the sets left and right.

But honestly it's YMMV, you could always call and ask before making the trip.

ghostmind

Uh....

Does anyone know what the 7 lego Star Wars bundle competition had in it for may 4th?

I won.

UOy5tZP.gif
GoGG97o.gif
28oLnHP.gif

idFpswv.gif

The Force is strong with this one.

lLpXBZO.gif

CONGRATS!

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Piggy Guy = I'm guessing a guy in a pig suit to keep the theme going?
Spooky Girl = Really curious to see how this one will turn out.
Fairytale Princess = My daughter is surely going to want one of these.

And TLG, please lower the price back to $2.99. Pretty please?

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Oh man, these sound great.

It is possible, but we're technically not supposed to do it (customers are usually urged to go through the S@H customer service) and there will be a big stink made if you try to keep the giveaway figure. At least in my experience that's how it's been - the terms and conditions for returns on the receipts do say that any promo figures or sets have to be returned as well. Otherwise people'd be buying up stuff to get the promos and then just returning the sets left and right.

But honestly it's YMMV, you could always call and ask before making the trip.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll try my luck when I next visit the Santa Clara store.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Why is there still no word on the LEGO Movie "Everything Is Awesome" SE Blu-ray being released in Europe or the UK? I WANT VITRUVIOUS DAMMIT!!!!!

Why is there still no word on the LEGO Movie "Everything Is Awesome" SE Blu-ray being released in Europe or the UK? I WANT VITRUVIOUS DAMMIT!!!!!

What's going on with the Blu Ray release anyways? I have an order with Amazon, but it looks like it's not available to be ordered anymore?

Huh... Amazon isn't accepting ordereds for any physical version of the LEGO Movie right now. That's really strange .

tuffy

What's going on with the Blu Ray release anyways? I have an order with Amazon, but it looks like it's not available to be ordered anymore?

Huh... Amazon isn't accepting ordereds for any physical version of the LEGO Movie right now. That's really strange .
My own pre-order from a few weeks ago is still in the system, so I can only assume that Amazon ran out of copies they could guarantee on release day.

jpatez34

Neo Member

Seems to be a US thing only. The UK Amazon still has The LEGO Movie available to pre-order with a release on July 21st almost a whole month after the US!

Uh....

I won.

You lucky, lucky bastard. Congrats heaps mate. So jelly.

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy

Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

These sound promising.

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Space Miner - Could be interesting
Battle Goddess - Athena? I hope it's something like that.
Wizard - There's dozens of wizards. This will need some new mould or accessory. I can't see much interest in just a new wizard with just new printing.
Dino Tracker - What could this be??? Hope nothing like the Dino theme minifigs. Dinosaurs were awesome, but the minifigs were meh.
Swashbuckler - Cool.
Jester - This will need some new mould or accessory. There's been a bunch of jesters in the past.
Piggy Guy - Oh yeah!! Will get multiples, but not too many because of the 33% increase in price.
Hun Warrior - I imagine it will look a bit like the Hobbit Lake Town guards. I imagine interest in this will be low unless it has some cool new accessory.
Fairytale Princess - Cool.
Pizza Delivery Man - Cool. Cue the 70's music.
Video Game Guy - Hope it's the stop motion guy.
Spooky Girl - I'm picturing a goth look or Elvira.
Prospector - Interesting. Will have to wait to see.
Genie Girl - About time. I wonder if it will be pink or orange to create outrage in some groups.
Rock Star - I'm more interested in his access if it's a guitar with good print.
Lifeguard - David Hasslehoff's turn as a minifig?

I wonder if fairy tale princess will come with cloth dress like this:
L20100410007.jpg

Can't wait to see the photos. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised on some as my expectations are low on several.

EDIT: Motion capture minifig someone mentioned by WordAssassin.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110048842&postcount=10206

Ponn

Banned
Still can't wait to see the movie. I wish digital downloads were available day of release at theatres.

My own pre-order from a few weeks ago is still in the system, so I can only assume that Amazon ran out of copies they could guarantee on release day.

I didn't preorder the Everything is Awesome edition because I already have a Vitruvious fig and have no need of 3D. My regular bluray edition is still set for release date delivery in my orders.

I may end up cancelling it though and waiting for a Black Friday sale. I'm really tempted to get the Comcast digital buy version tomorrow. I hate to support a shitty company with shitty practices BUT it's Lego Movie, if its truly $10 for the HD version, its a month early and I can be lazy and watch it anytime without booting up my PS3 and putting a disc in so i'm really tempted. I have no defense against impulses and I know what i'm going to do when I see it available tomorrow.

Zerojul

After watching the new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer this morning (http://youtu.be/89yh3vYs-zo), I'm really looking forward to the GotG sets, especially the Milano Spaceship.

That Bessa goodness...
Didn't know there was a new trailer, thanks a lot for that. Really looking forward to the Milano as well. I hope the movie and the sets do really good, so my dream of an Abnett/Lanning era Starlord minifig might one day come true, as a bonus exclusive or something :) A man can dream...

Very nice. I wish I could build my lego collection up well enough to start building nice stuff like this.

Thanks. Most of the parts I used (probably about 75%) were from the Hive Crawler, with the rest from the Creeper and Slicer -- and I got all of them for 50% off or more.

Building that mech has got me itching to do more and I'm now looking through sets/themes I never considered buying simply for the parts, like the Chima legend beasts: $10 each, great parts and multiple ball/sockets in each of them.

Dammit, it sucks to have very little money!

Thanks. Most of the parts I used (probably about 75%) were from the Hive Crawler, with the rest from the Creeper and Slicer -- and I got all of them for 50% off or more.

Building that mech has got me itching to do more and I'm now looking through sets/themes I never considered buying simply for the parts, like the Chima legend beasts: $10 each, great parts and multiple ball/sockets in each of them.

Dammit, it sucks to have very little money!

If you want the new ball joints, grab Mixels. They are only $5 each and have lots of the new pieces in them. Cheaper than the Legend Beasts for those parts. But the Chima sets have more overall parts and figures.

R-User!

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Sounds AWESOME!!!

If you want the new ball joints, grab Mixels. They are only $5 each and have lots of the new pieces in them. Cheaper than the Legend Beasts for those parts. But the Chima sets have more overall parts and figures.

Yeah, I've got the red mixels on the way; and early next month, I think I'll pick up Power-armor Lex and the blue mixels. I want to build a good mix of large and small ball/sockets.

wetwired

How'd it turn out?

I think I should have bought more peroxide as it's taking a while (can take anywhere from 2 to 24 hours apparently) I left it in over night and it's noticeably better so I've turned it over to do the other side now. I'll take share before and after pics when it's done.

Uh....

I won.

Congrats! I'm not really into star wars sets but I wouldn't turn down any of those for free, instant collection!

wetwired

Space Miner
Battle Goddess
Wizard
Dino Tracker
Swashbuckler
Jester
Piggy Guy
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Pizza Delivery Man
Video Game Guy
Spooky Girl
Prospector
Genie Girl
Rock Star
Lifeguard

If this list is true, then The Piggy guy means we can now make a purist rocksteady and beebop

Went to my Lego store today, they only had one SPACESHIP left, so of course I grabbed it. The new Ultra Agents look awesome and I couldn't resist the Tron bike either...the Creator Mini Modular will have to wait until next month

ghostmind

It is done...

dh2pv4a.jpg

These shots are with the wings fully extended. And in comparison with another familiar ship...

pSw2uaG.jpg

So, what are my thoughts on the build? Well...

It remained fun throughout, but I don't think it will be my set of the year, though it does stand a good chance of being in the Top 5. What killed it somewhat were the stickers. Too many damn stickers that relied upon precise placement to ensure the whole thing didn't suffer. I wish LEGO had invested more into printed parts for this one - I would have paid a premium for having printed parts that would last for decades to come. As it stands, we get three slopes printed with the Classic Space logo, along with several printed computer stations that have been in previous sets.

No doubts this is an amazing set - the size of it, the mechanics, all the classic-esque colors and part types, all contribute to a build experience and final model that is better than most everything that has or will come out this year - but the potential was there for it to be even more.

The winter wave has the cheaper sets. The summer wave has the more expensive sets for the gear up towards Christmas. You can see it with Star Wars with both the AT-AT and ISD being over $100 in the normal line.

If you want the the police helicopters, it's based on the old Agents 8971 set:

8971-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

Jeeeeeeeeesus that thing goes for $300 now! Maybe I can find the instructions online and make my own, especially since the color scheme in the movie is different.

Edit: Found it! I wonder how much it would cost to BrickLink these parts...

Bootleg lot #3

SdNqEh8.jpg

HSJzGNj.jpg

B14g8nK.jpg

1phAsTt.jpg

TXmtLQy.jpg

ujOW2AZ.jpg

7gTdVWB.jpg

Another great batch. I love 'em. I realized I had not shown the backs of any of the figs I have gotten so far, so I figured I would show how detailed they are as a complete package. Winter Soldier has 2 faces, one with and one without the mask. Green Arrow looks so good with the rest of my Justice League. Likewise, Winter Soldier and Cyclops look right at home with their respective teams/enemies. Good stuff.

I'm still waiting on Red, Grey, and Green Hulks. Then this order will be complete.

Just got to work and we have Benny's Spaceship! But for some reason our order got chopped in two and everything else new isn't coming in until mid-week. Dammit! Really wanted to get that Dropship today.

On the plus side, we FINALLY got Lord Business' Evil Lair back in stock. IT WILL BE MINE.

wetwired

Just got to work and we have Benny's Spaceship! But for some reason our order got chopped in two and everything else new isn't coming in until mid-week. Dammit! Really wanted to get that Dropship today.

On the plus side, we FINALLY got Lord Business' Evil Lair back in stock. IT WILL BE MINE.

I don't suppose you're willing to post one to Australia? :)

Really would love Lego to spill the beans on the heavily rumoured Mini Cooper. All that my scouring has ascertained is that the colour scheme is purportedly the classic British Green with white stripes. Very cool.

This Agents Cycle with the Flame guy is a really awesome looking set, great mid priced set for the line...will try to get a pic of it sooner or later. Now to take apart some other sets so I can build the Spaceship.

Ponn

Banned
Bootleg lot #3

Another great batch. I love 'em. I realized I had not shown the backs of any of the figs I have gotten so far, so I figured I would show how detailed they are as a complete package. Winter Soldier has 2 faces, one with and one without the mask. Green Arrow looks so good with the rest of my Justice League. Likewise, Winter Soldier and Cyclops look right at home with their respective teams/enemies. Good stuff.

I'm still waiting on Red, Grey, and Green Hulks. Then this order will be complete.

Those look cool. I've been eyeing them ever since you started bringing them up here and pulled the trigger on this exact set about a week ago from that seller you mentioned on Amazon. The price dropped to $8 something and I had 10 credit so I thought why not. Mainly wanted Winter Soldier and Green Arrow. Now looking at GL but so far he only comes in that 8 fig mega set and most of the other figs I don't want.

Rootbeer

Banned
Called my local LEGO store... they are now selling new Ninjago and City. No Mixels series 2. And apparently no Agents (???). They told me Mixels Series 2 would be June 1st.

Hmm, seems the Guardians sets will be out by June 1st according to r/lego.

what am i going to do... holy fuck >.<

My most anticipated sets this summer though, they will be MINE

Bootleg lot #3
snip

Oh cool, I've been eyeing this set the most... all the figs except venom interest me, even the cyclops is pretty good and looks a bit different from the official one we are getting.

Green Arrow looks very professional... I also really love Theoden, Winter Soldier and ... is that Vampire Batman I can't tell?

These bootlegs keep looking better and better... I hope they keep upping their game. They are a steal for the price.

Well, I had to take apart the Eradicator Mech, so I used its ball/sockets to give my mech arms and rework the legs:

The legs are kicked in like that so it can stand on its own; the ratcheting socket from the Eradicator makes the legs too close together, so I had to just insert the ratchet pegs into regular technic holes. I'd also like to thicken the legs up some more but I have no more maroon pieces and I don't want to use my old black/gray ones.

The shoulders connect to the body by a technic peg, so the arms just hang down -- those pegs are just a stand-in until I get the 2x2 double ball-joints from Lex's mech. I'll also use some mixel joints for the wrists, as they can't move much right now.

I need a better place to take pictures.

Ponn

Banned
what am i going to do... holy fuck >.<

My most anticipated sets this summer though, they will be MINE

HAHA right!? I mean I started looking at sets I wanted and June suddenly became a HOLY SHIT moment. Ecto-1, GoTG, Mixer, Lego Movie wave 2, Mixels, crap in a hat.

I was going to try and save some on GoTG by skipping the $20 set because you get all the Guardians between the other 2 BUT I realized the $20 set has a Nova officer and I was like shit.

I'm going to have to skip on the Mixer, just get two Ecto-1's and Mixels wave 2 from S@H and GoTG sets. Figure out the rest later in the year.

I don't suppose you're willing to post one to Australia? :)
I was gonna offer to do this but then I remembered that all our purchases are tracked and count against our yearly limit, and since I'm still in my "probationary period" my limit is half of what it normally is D:

Hmm, seems the Guardians sets will be out by June 1st according to r/lego.
We were supposed to get them today too, I was so excited to see them and then, hopes crushed. What DID come is was Spaceship^3, Minecraft: The End, and the new X-Men set. All Lego stores should have all the new sets by June 1st, with lots of places getting them before then.

ghostmind

I *think* my plan for June 1st is to pick up all three GotG sets, the X-Men set and Ghostbusters, leaving the Fairground Mixer for another time.

However these plans may change, depending on what the promo is for July (if there is one).

Rootbeer

Banned
HAHA right!? I mean I started looking at sets I wanted and June suddenly became a HOLY SHIT moment. Ecto-1, GoTG, Mixer, Lego Movie wave 2, Mixels, crap in a hat.

I was going to try and save some on GoTG by skipping the $20 set because you get all the Guardians between the other 2 BUT I realized the $20 set has a Nova officer and I was like shit.

I'm going to have to skip on the Mixer, just get two Ecto-1's and Mixels wave 2 from S@H and GoTG sets. Figure out the rest later in the year.
I have some tough decisions ahead of me as well. Yeah there is simply no way Mixer is possible right now for me, it's just too much.

I think Ecto-1 will be easily available on amazon and elsewhere similar to BTTF set, so I'm just going to get 1 from LEGO retail (hopefully) and a second later on when it inevitably has a 10-20% off sale.

But yeah definitely need all GotG, the x-men set (even if it's over priced grrr), ecto-1, mixels... i'm sure i'm forgetting some stuff. and then I have to start saving for SW coming in August (if not sooner)

I may have to skip out on more Agents sets as well, as I think we will see a lot of great deals on those too just like we did with Galaxy Squad. I have Infearno Interceptor to satiate me until then. But I would like to pick up the $12 set as well post haste.

I could spend more on LEGO if I gave up on action figures... it's a very conflicting feeling though. I really love the newer Marvel Legends and lots of other stuff :(

I still need Sydney Opera House, Seacow, and Sandcrawler (wow, a lot of "S" action there) to be caught up on big sets I want. The sheer volume of larger sets ($70+) releasing in June makes me hurt. Hopefully I can get stuff in October for double VIP. Or if they do triple VIP again, do an order to shame everything else I have ever bought.

And ugh, new Mixels in June too. Ooooh. Why have those lil guys made me love them so?

Top Bottom