• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

wetwired

Has an actual release date been set yet for the ecto-1? I know it says June, but an actual day been set? (I have heard a rumor of June 1st)

Anybody have a good moc for slimer? I hope one day we get some ghosts to go with the set. A nice pollybag in the future would be nice.

June 1st, though I've heard some UK retailers have shipped them out to people (mainly via ebay)

ghostmind

Starting bag #3 of Spaceship^3 and taking a break for tonight. Tons of Classic blue and black and yellow... so far this build is sweet!

The Empire thanks Lord Business for his contribution in ensuring a safe and secure galaxy.

AjoBQ5B.jpg

bKEPI5D.jpg
This look great definitely on my to get list. Your perchance for the dark side is shining through. The black and white look great with the Stormtroopers.

Thanks! Gonna have to order online at midnight and head to the Lego store first thing in the morning. Is the limit going to be 2 when it first releases?
I'm not sure if there will be a hard limit. I mean, every set in the store has a soft limit to keep people from buying a ton and reselling them, but so far I haven't heard anything about a limit on the Ecto-1. If I had to guess I'd think they'd probably say something if you tried to buy like four or more, but I know a lot of people want 2 (1 to build 1 to save) and nobody's said anything so far. Not even the Sandcrawler had a limit, but that's a $300 set... Simpsons CMF had the 16-per-customer limit... I dunno. I'll keep you posted if I hear any different.

Rootbeer

Banned
Part of my May the 4th order was Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter ... looks like it won't ship till June 25th... it's a cruddy feeling... especially since it's on sale for $54 on amazon right now yet I paid $62 through LEGO. Just hope it doesn't get cancelled after all this waiting

If only S@H had an In Store Pick-Up option... that sure would be swell. Then I could go down to my local store and maybe get it sorted out through them, assuming they had it in stock.

Guys, is it weird to want to take advantage of Targets video game trade in promo just to grab a new set? I mean I don't know what game to grab anyway (other than Mario Kart 8) but I want to build something ya know? Do they have anything new yet?

I have a few games to get rid of, so I might hop on this soon.

Part of my May the 4th order was Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter ... looks like it won't ship till June 25th... it's a cruddy feeling... especially since it's on sale for $54 on amazon right now yet I paid $62 through LEGO. Just hope it doesn't get cancelled after all this waiting

If only S@H had an In Store Pick-Up option... that sure would be swell. Then I could go down to my local store and maybe get it sorted out through them, assuming they had it in stock.

You can cancel the order I am sure. I am having weird feeling about the set, because I got the same email that it's going to be even longer.
'
I might just pick up at Amazon since I have credit there. My local stores are all out of Jek with exception of TRU.

Rootbeer

Banned
You can cancel the order I am sure. I am having weird feeling about the set, because I got the same email that it's going to be even longer.
'
I might just pick up at Amazon since I have credit there. My local stores are all out of Jek with exception of TRU.

Can I safely do this? I already received part of my order which contained the Malak & poster, so I really don't care about getting it through LEGO.

They won't ban me from ordering in the future or anything harsh like that, will they?

Also, it sucks not having a Frys or Meyer close :( Miss out on some good deals.

neonglow

Can I safely do this? I already received part of my order which contained the Malak & poster, so I really don't care about getting it through LEGO.

They won't ban me from ordering in the future or anything harsh like that, will they?

You can still get on the Fry's deal online.

Jang finally reviewed the Dropship, cementing it as an absolute MUST buy for me. I want two, even. Then I'd have eight Robo SWAT guys, along with the three I have from the SSP polybags, the one from the Cloud Coo Coo Land set, and the three that come with the Super Cycle Chase. So that'd be 15 Robo SWAT, plus their Bad Cop commander. A proper army for sure. I think they'll only be rivaled by all the bugs I'll have from my Galaxy Squad obsession.

yeah the dropship looks awesome, i like how you didn't apply the stickers either Ghostmind, i think it really loses a lot of usability if you brand it with SSP logos all over! Generic awesome looking Sci Fi ship FTW

The new Imperial Dropship, with its smaller Republic cousin:

gXrTMgN.jpg

The LEGO Movie dropship is much better than the Star Wars dropship. DROPSHIP!
LEGO Movie dropship seems cleaner/sleaker and has more of a tank/solid look to it.

I have to be careful I don't accidentally shout "DROPSH*T!" around my kids.

Why would they banned you for order they can't fill in timely manner. You could always call customer services and see what they say. I have a feeling the set is being retired soon may be?

The LEGO Movie dropship is much better than the Star Wars dropship. DROPSHIP!
LEGO Movie dropship seems cleaner/sleaker and has more of a tank/solid look to it.

I have to be careful I don't accidentally shout "DROPSH*T!" around my kids.

yeah, it does have an interesting look to it... Jang mentioned how he thinks this won't be as popular with AFOLs due to it being more of a playset and it not looking like much for display but i disagree here, i am mainly a display kinda guy and will probably get this set for looks ALONE! maybe set up a scene here and there with it...

Zerojul

yeah the dropship looks awesome, i like how you didn't apply the stickers either Ghostmind, i think it really loses a lot of usability if you brand it with SSP logos all over! Generic awesome looking Sci Fi ship FTW

Mmmh I kinda like both versions, with and without stickers. Buying two dropships wouldn't be reasonable. Would it ? :)

Kinda wish they had made at least one more, smaller set to go with the Lego Movie summer releases, since they're all so expensive. Thinking back over the movie it would have been cool to get a cheaper set with Vitruvious in it like the Pig Sled they use to escape the Old West, or they could have made the totally badass looking Copper Chopper helicopters with the pop-out motorcycles.

Or do Lego themes typically have a first wave of sets ranging from cheap to expensive, and then the second wave is typically all pricier sets? With Galaxy Squad, wave 2 had sets at $20, $40, $60 and $100, so Lego Movie is missing that sub-$50 set for wave 2.

Short of building EVERYTHING I don't really see a specific set that's missing. Maybe the sub or the Batmobile but those are both pretty hefty builds. Something with the game version of Angry Kitty would be cool, but admittedly take away from the one in the mech set.

neonglow

Kinda wish they had made at least one more, smaller set to go with the Lego Movie summer releases, since they're all so expensive. Thinking back over the movie it would have been cool to get a cheaper set with Vitruvious in it like the Pig Sled they use to escape the Old West, or they could have made the totally badass looking Copper Chopper helicopters with the pop-out motorcycles.

Or do Lego themes typically have a first wave of sets ranging from cheap to expensive, and then the second wave is typically all pricier sets? With Galaxy Squad, wave 2 had sets at $20, $40, $60 and $100, so Lego Movie is missing that sub-$50 set for wave 2.

The winter wave has the cheaper sets. The summer wave has the more expensive sets for the gear up towards Christmas. You can see it with Star Wars with both the AT-AT and ISD being over $100 in the normal line.

If you want the the police helicopters, it's based on the old Agents 8971 set:

8971-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

kapowza

I'd like a modular style Emmett's house but that wouldn't be cheap.

I was looking to turn my Crawler into something a bit speedier and found these instructions which turned out pretty well. It's got so much torque that the front jumps up under acceleration which is awesome. I'm working on bodywork myself but I'd like to improve the turning circle a wee bit, any ideas on how to fiddle with the steering setup to make it tighter?

http://bricksafe.com/pages/Leo1/rc_chassis_1

I have been buying the Simpsons mini-figures here and there with Toys R Us coupon and discount, I finally got almost the entire set but for the light of me I can't seem to find Apu. He should be easy with that soda cup but when I think I got him, it's end up being Ned (he is easy to tell with that red tool box) or Mr. Burns.

Ponn

Banned

A council meeting chamber. Simple circular build with the stadium seating. Emmet, Vitruvious and Green Lantern fig. The gimmick is you fill all the seats with your own fig collection. Garbage accessories included to throw at Emmet. Oh who are we kidding it's Lego, it would be flick missiles.

wetwired

testing a way of restoring old yellow bricks at the moment with some hydrogen peroxide and a black light, fingers crossed my old space baseplates come out spanking

A council meeting chamber. Simple circular build with the stadium seating. Emmet, Vitruvious and Green Lantern fig. The gimmick is you fill all the seats with your own fig collection. Garbage accessories included to throw at Emmet. Oh who are we kidding it's Lego, it would be flick missiles.

Considering that Council of Elrond ended up with three seats, I don't think Lego generally wants to make glorified display cases.

Went to the Lego store yesterday with an itch to scratch. Was hoping to pick up the VW Camper, but they were out of stock. Didn't feel like placing an online order and waiting so I picked up the Horizon Express.

Saw the Sandcrawler and Mixer on display. I was drooling over both. Almost bought the mixer but since it's new, it'll be around longer.

Chairhome

I have been buying the Simpsons mini-figures here and there with Toys R Us coupon and discount, I finally got almost the entire set but for the light of me I can't seem to find Apu. He should be easy with that soda cup but when I think I got him, it's end up being Ned (he is easy to tell with that red tool box) or Mr. Burns.

I've been trying to find Milhouse and Ralph. I'm terrible at feeling those out. My wife wanted an Apu and we got one last night though. Apparently you can google "lego simpsons dot codes" and they are supposed to help you figure out what is in certain bags, but it didn't work for me (I believe the dot codes are different for later serial numbers)...

Yesterday I worked on turning an existing build into a diorama and realized that I needed to get a 48x48 baseplate. Problem is, they're rather big and cumbersome to ship.

Today there's a 25% sale on all Lego in the local supermarket. They only have a limited selection of City/Friends/Chima/Ninjago/Star Wars/Movie and only smaller items, but they did have baseplates. I also planned on getting the Friends Lemonade Stand, the Chima Legend Lion and a Legolas polybag.

After careful consideration I got three Legolases (Legoli?) (because who knows when we're going to have more elfs), the Lion, not the lemonade stuff (because I really just need the cookies from it) and two baseplates (because you can never have too many baseplates).

IronRinn

I've been trying to find Milhouse and Ralph. I'm terrible at feeling those out. My wife wanted an Apu and we got one last night though. Apparently you can google "lego simpsons dot codes" and they are supposed to help you figure out what is in certain bags, but it didn't work for me (I believe the dot codes are different for later serial numbers)...

Milhouse, Ralph, and Abe Simpson are a bit tough, as they all have the same square accessory. Have to feel for the shape of the heads. Ralph was the last one I got.

Mmmh I kinda like both versions, with and without stickers. Buying two dropships wouldn't be reasonable. Would it ? :)

It would be very unreasonable. If you buy more than one, you are building a fleet. What fleet only has 2 dropships? 3 or more would be reasonable.

Putting high demand minifigs like Vitruvious in a cheaper set is not part of LEGO's business plan. :) LEGO always has 1 or more minifig only in higher priced sets on purpose.

Does anyone gave experience with return S@H orders to an official LEGO retail store? Is that even possible? I have severe buyer's remorse with my "May the Fourth" order. Bought just enough for Revan, but it's all crap sets that I don't want. Can we return items where a promo was given away for free? My order was:

- Jedi Interceptor #75038
- Vulture Droid #75041
- Utapau Troopers #75036
- Death Star Troopers #75034

Rootbeer

Banned
Called S@H to cancel my backordered (Till June 25th, sigh) Jek14 Starfighter... then promptly re-ordered it from amazon for $8 less with free two-day shipping. Had to do it :(

Uh....

Does anyone know what the 7 lego Star Wars bundle competition had in it for may 4th?

I won.

WOW... you'll be hard pressed to win anything nicer in your lifetime :) Simply awesome. Please take pics when it arrives, it's going to be an EPIC haul. I hope you have room for it.

neonglow

Holy--I am in shock.

Congrats! As others mentioned, take a pic of that giant stack of sets.

Does anyone gave experience with return S@H orders to an official LEGO retail store? Is that even possible? I have severe buyer's remorse with my "May the Fourth" order. Bought just enough for Revan, but it's all crap sets that I don't want. Can we return items where a promo was given away for free? My order was:

- Vulture Droid #75041
- Utapau Troopers #75036

You can bring everything and your packing slip to any LEGO retail store. They will ask for Revan back, but if you don't have it with you, they may take $5 off the return amount grudgingly.

The only issue I have with returns to the store is that they will give you the lowest price in the system. If you bought a retired set for regular price and it turns out it was marked down, you will get only the clearance price back. This is why online, you will see out of print stuff at 50% off even if they it was never available for that price.

mojiimbo

- Vulture Droid #75041
- Utapau Troopers #75036
Those don't seem that bad aside from the Vulture Droid.

Bring the Revan with you if you still have it, they might ask for it back if they see it on the receipt.

If you don't have a receipt and it's sealed they can give you store credit on a gift card.

If you want the actual money back on your credit card you need a receipt or the packing slip and the card it was bought with.

They shouldn't give you any hassle unless the boxes are open.

I would kill for a pig sled!!!

On a side note after I get out of work and walk my dog I'm trading in a bunch of my games to target and seeing how much I get. All of it towards Legos, with one set most likely Lex Power Armor.

Top Bottom