• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

wetwired

I was gonna offer to do this but then I remembered that all our purchases are tracked and count against our yearly limit, and since I'm still in my "probationary period" my limit is half of what it normally is D:

We were supposed to get them today too, I was so excited to see them and then, hopes crushed. What DID come is was Spaceship^3, Minecraft: The End, and the new X-Men set. All Lego stores should have all the new sets by June 1st, with lots of places getting them before then.

All good, looks like amazon has it for preorder to AU

I'm gonna get the BluRay but I couldn't resist having it early. Michelangelo and Lincoln: History Cops needs to be a series, oh my gosh.

Edit: OH MY GOD some of the ships they show off in the Behind the Scenes when they talk about designing the vehicles AAAAAHHHH I NEED THEM

They also have a 3D turn around of the Chopper Coppers hnnnggggg

Holy shit they actually show Emmit's apartment building being assembled layer by layer, someone's gonna MOC that for sure once this gets a wider release. Wow.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dang you're making me want to buy it :(

Naa... must stay strong, that Blu-Ray version will be worth waiting for :( And it comes with a digital version so I feel like buying it now would be a waste for me.

leng jai

I have 2 in my cart at the moment but it comes in about $20 cheaper than it would to buy it at local RRP each.

Yep importing Benny's Spaceship from Amazon is a no brained for us Aussies. The expedited shipping is a very reasonable $25. Absolutely to wait for the local release.

EDIT: just tried to add the dropship as well but they won't ship it here. Weird.

Dang you're making me want to buy it :(

Naa... must stay strong, that Blu-Ray version will be worth waiting for :( And it comes with a digital version so I feel like buying it now would be a waste for me.

The digital version that comes with the BluRay is one of those damn insufferable "UltaViolet Streaming" things, which I hate, so that's why I got the iTunes version. But by this time next month I'll have the Lego movie in every available format so that'll be nice :D

This is the first time I've bought something from iTunes that has extras too, I think. Pretty nice, though I'm sure the actual release will have WAY more features.

I'm actually really looking forward to this. Potential awesomeness alert !

It's just the outside but I'm sure some crafty individuals will figure it all out. Once the movie hits in HD I foresee a LOT of the stuff from it getting made by fans. I'd like to see someone make the Super Cycle's jet mode, and the Chopper Copper designs are actually pretty different from the Agents copter - only the front and blades are the same. The body is empty [where the bike is stored] and it also has four little hover jet things like the Dropship.

wetwired

Yep importing Benny's Spaceship from Amazon is a no brained for us Aussies. The expedited shipping is a very reasonable $25. Absolutely to wait for the local release.

EDIT: just tried to add the dropship as well but they won't ship it here. Weird.

Ordered 2 :) I COULD add the mech but it seemed to jump the price of postage a ton so I'll wait til it's on special I think

The digital version that comes with the BluRay is one of those damn insufferable "UltaViolet Streaming" things, which I hate, so that's why I got the iTunes version. But by this time next month I'll have the Lego movie in every available format so that'll be nice :D

This is the first time I've bought something from iTunes that has extras too, I think. Pretty nice, though I'm sure the actual release will have WAY more features.

I like that the iTunes versions of things come with extras, but annoyed that you can only watch those extras on your computer and not through the AppleTV like you can the movie. At least it is that way with movies I have the iTunes versions of.

Zerojul

Sorry if this is old but the visuals for this year's Star Wars Advent Calendar are out in the wild :

RypVEoj.jpg

I can see a few complains already, that a lot of this is old stuff and not a lot of exclusives, but I'm pretty excited about it since it will be my first Lego Advent Calendar ever. And dat Santa Vader :)

Gonna also agree with Ghostmind about the annoying stickers in this Spaceship set...this is really the kind of set that shouldn't have had so many stickers...and not applying them just right makes things look a tad off...fun build so far though!

Chairhome

So, Comcast sent out an email about The LEGO Movie available on-demand (to own) for $10 (probably SD). I'd do it but I don't want to be tied to their system. Interesting note though, it says, "Own the movie 4 weeks before it comes out on DVD". So I think we can safely assume physical home release is June 17th? There's still no date for it on Amazon.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

It's just the outside but I'm sure some crafty individuals will figure it all out. Once the movie hits in HD I foresee a LOT of the stuff from it getting made by fans. I'd like to see someone make the Super Cycle's jet mode, and the Chopper Copper designs are actually pretty different from the Agents copter - only the front and blades are the same. The body is empty [where the bike is stored] and it also has four little hover jet things like the Dropship.

both digital versions are too limited on how you can play them back. I'd just get the bluray and rip it, then it'll play on anything I want.

although early release.... ohh

wetwired

Yeah I've ordered one too. There's release date here right? Last I Heard was August.

I've heard August in stores, I'm hoping it will be available at shop@home in June though

I have no real facts to back that up.

Anyway I did some more work on the Spook central rooftop...

Rooftop_04.jpg

I have to do the pyramid and clear thing at the top of the stairs and seal off the sides somehow so you can't see in

gozer01.jpg

rbanke

So, Comcast sent out an email about The LEGO Movie available on-demand (to own) for $10 (probably SD). I'd do it but I don't want to be tied to their system. Interesting note though, it says, "Own the movie 4 weeks before it comes out on DVD". So I think we can safely assume physical home release is June 17th? There's still no date for it on Amazon.

Came out today on VuDu also, 19 for hdx (1089p). Attaches to your ultraviolet account so you aren't even stuck with Vudu if you don't wanna be (their service is actually really good)

I don't understand UV hate, several external services can attach to your UV account and you can download a copy of it. Vudu streams are high quality and on most devices, along with flixster, and other studio streaming services. I just don't see how people can think it's lesser to iTunes which can only be streamed to apple devices. I have hundreds of movies on my UV account and never even see the UV site, it's just a license vault as far as I'm concerned.

Chairhome

Came out today on VuDu also, 19 for hdx (1089p). Attaches to your ultraviolet account so you aren't even stuck with Vudu if you don't wanna be (their service is actually really good)

Yeah, I actually have a lot of movies on Vudu so its tempting, but my internet connection sometimes slows down and messes with the quality. I'll wait, unless my wife wants it early :-D. Thanks for the heads up though, are the special features available on vudu also or is that just an itunes thing?

rbanke

Yeah, I actually have a lot of movies on Vudu so its tempting, but my internet connection sometimes slows down and messes with the quality. I'll wait, unless my wife wants it early :-D. Thanks for the heads up though, are the special features available on vudu also or is that just an itunes thing?

There are some special features, not sure if they are different to the other versions. I saw at least 3 different features with it but haven't looked at what they are yet.

Edit: it includes 6 featurettes all in hd

I've heard August in stores, I'm hoping it will be available at shop@home in June though

I have no real facts to back that up.

Anyway I did some more work on the Spook central rooftop...

Rooftop_04.jpg

I have to do the pyramid and clear thing at the top of the stairs and seal off the sides somehow so you can't see in

gozer01.jpg

Beautiful lighting. Very cinematic.

nny

So...I'll be going to Chicago to a meeting and I'll have some free time to get to know the place. As it happens, there's a LEGO store not that far from my hotel. It will be my first time going into one (here in Portugal there are none). Is there something special that you can only get in-store or are these basically physical versions of the webstore?

Slightly changing subjects, I put together the 60010 Fire Helicopter and noticed some differences between my set and some pics I found online. For instance, brickset has this:

60010-1.jpg

This is my set:

The biggest difference is in the side pods. In the brickset pic you can see plenty of studs on the side, but none on mine. Notice also the difference in the way the "water gun" is connected to the Heli, or the step near the side entrance, yellow on the brickset pic and grey on mine (it's also a different piece). The interior of the Heli is also different, and I think there is also a difference in the type of wheels used. I don't know if this is a regional difference or how common it is, but I found it curious.

So watching the Lego Movie again, it seems that the majority of the sets are actually built to scale with what's in the movie, yeah? The notable exceptions being the Sea Cow, obviously, and I guess Lord Business' Lair since it's not technically a recreation of a specific movie scene. Honestly can't really tell with the Constructo Mech. Looking at the Super Cycle at work I assumed it was a smaller or simplified version but it appears to be the same, and the garbage truck, fire truck mech, castle ship thing and plumbing truck all look pretty much 1:1. That's pretty sweet.

So...I'll be going to Chicago to a meeting and I'll have some free time to get to know the place. As it happens, there's a LEGO store not that far from my hotel. It will be my first time going into one (here in Portugal there are none). Is there something special that you can only get in-store or are these basically physical versions of the webstore?

Essentially, anything found in the stores can be found on Shop @ Home, but not everything on S@H can be found in the stores.

Rootbeer

Banned
there's a penguin in the set too with the same style legs it looks like.

Yup! Wow the bootlegs are getting really close to parity these days... really awesome for minifig fans. They need to focus on more 'original' minifigs though, just look at sites that sell these bootlegs... sets that contain reproductions of convention exclusives and/or characters not yet officially released tend to sell best.

Doing Fantastic Four was a brilliant choice on their part. We need more like that from these outfits.

Could they make a decent looking Swamp Thing minifig? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

*edit* Okay I am going to have to partially recant... I just saw the bootleg Cap figs... wow the shield they came up with... is weird and all kinds of wrong. I can't get behind that. They need to fix it!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/digger318/14171140432/in/photostream/

Went back to my local TRU today and picked up the "Infearno Interception" (#70162) from the Ultra Agents. Also grabbed the new Spider-man polybag and a second Super Secret Police polybag.

I know I shouldn't have bought this Ultra Ageng set because looking at the entire series is really tempting me to buy the whole group.

I swear, TLG does their best work on original themes.

yukonrye

I probably ruined someone's day at Walmart. Went looking for clearance sets, specifically the AT-TE and Jabba's Sail Barge. Looked through the LEGO section with no luck and decided to check behind the larger boxes. I immediately found a Monster Fighters Hearse and realized what I was dealing with. Checked behind more. Found an unopened case of Simpsons Minifigs purposely shoved behind some large Ninjago sets. Checked all over the section, no sign of the Star Wars sets I was looking for. I walked through the entire toy section and managed to catch sight of a LEGO Box poking out of the remote control car section. Pulled it out and it was an AT-TE. Searched through the rest of the RC car section and found another AT-TE box. Bottom shelf, crammed as far back as it could go. No sign of the Sail Barge. Walked back through the toy section looking for possible spots a squirrel could have hidden such a large box. Never found it. Before I left I went back to the Simpsons box, opened it up and setup the display and placed it in prominent view. I bought the 2 AT-TE sets for $35 each. The Sail Barge was supposedly marked down to $60. I hate when people do this shit, but on the flipside had someone not hidden away the sets I may have never had a chance at buying them.

I probably ruined someone's day at Walmart. Went looking for clearance sets, specifically the AT-TE and Jabba's Sail Barge. Looked through the LEGO section with no luck and decided to check behind the larger boxes. I immediately found a Monster Fighters Hearse and realized what I was dealing with. Checked behind more. Found an unopened case of Simpsons Minifigs purposely shoved behind some large Ninjago sets. Checked all over the section, no sign of the Star Wars sets I was looking for. I walked through the entire toy section and managed to catch sight of a LEGO Box poking out of the remote control car section. Pulled it out and it was an AT-TE. Searched through the rest of the RC car section and found another AT-TE box. Bottom shelf, crammed as far back as it could go. No sign of the Sail Barge. Walked back through the toy section looking for possible spots a squirrel could have hidden such a large box. Never found it. Before I left I went back to the Simpsons box, opened it up and setup the display and placed it in prominent view. I bought the 2 AT-TE sets for $35 each. The Sail Barge was supposedly marked down to $60. I hate when people do this shit, but on the flipside had someone not hidden away the sets I may have never had a chance at buying them.
You didn't ruin anyone's day that wasn't worth ruining. I despise it when people hide shit in stores. Just over a decade of retail worker annoyance boiling over there. If I find stuff people were hiding, I usually make a point to make sure someone else buys it, just to spite them. Of course, at Wal Mart you cant hold stuff, but at many other places the staff will hold merch for you to come back later and buy it, so it negates the need to hide stuff.

Either way, glad you got awesome stuff for a great discount.

yukonrye

Watching Lego Movie again and pausing to look at all the details, I KNEW they'd stick something in the attic during the Super Cycle chase scene
skeleton horse wearing a hat
ehehehe
I'll be combing through the blu-ray like a fiend when it comes out. I want to try and reconstruct the saloon. I wish that more Movie (or Movie inspired sets) would be released during the time until the next movie.

I immediately found a Monster Fighters Hearse and realized what I was dealing with.

Oh sweet Jesus, did you buy it??

I went to the Town Center Mall's comic store the other day and they had ONE Hearse for $40, two Ghost Trains for $109, and Dracula's Castle for like $130. I was so, so tempted to buy the Hearse but there's one on eBay for $36 that I have my eye on. Hnnnggg... decisions...

How much was the Hearse at WalMart?

I'll be combing through the blu-ray like a fiend when it comes out. I want to try and reconstruct the saloon. I wish that more Movie (or Movie inspired sets) would be released during the time until the next movie.

Yeah, The Lego Movie seems like a theme that they could just mine for a while, like City. If they hadn't blown their load on the first wave they could have stretched it out well into next year easily. As it stands the only stand out sets I can think of would be the Pig Sled, Copper Chopper, a shrunk-down version of the Submarine? Maybe some other 2-in-1 sets, an Emmit's Car poly bag...? It'd be sweet to see a movie-style Bat Wing or Batmobile but I don't know how they'd work the rights out to that.

yukonrye

Oh sweet Jesus, did you buy it??

How much was the Hearse at WalMart?

Yeah, The Lego Movie seems like a theme that they could just mine for a while, like City. If they hadn't blown their load on the first wave they could have stretched it out well into next year easily. As it stands the only stand out sets I can think of would be the Pig Sled, Copper Chopper, a shrunk-down version of the Submarine? Maybe some other 2-in-1 sets, an Emmit's Car poly bag...? It'd be sweet to see a movie-style Bat Wing or Batmobile but I don't know how they'd work the rights out to that.
The Hearse scanned at $25. I didn't buy it though. The same time I was there they had RGIS (Inventory scanners) there so I may go back tomorrow and see if I can locate the Sail Barge. It may be found during inventory scanning.

Should I have bought the Hearse?

The Hearse scanned at $25. I didn't buy it though. The same time I was there they had RGIS (Inventory scanners) there so I may go back tomorrow and see if I can locate the Sail Barge. It may be found during inventory scanning.

Should I have bought the Hearse?

GOOD GOD YES!! If you do go back tomorrow and it's still there could you buy it for me, and I'll pay you back plus shipping and other goodies or fees? If you want it for yourself then by all means go for it but if you're not too hot on it and wouldn't mind doing me the favor holy heck would I be grateful. :O

mrkgoo

What, Lego movie is available on itunes?!

I haven't seen it yet and it may still be playing at theatres here.

Probably not on NZ itunes....

Might be time to bust out my US account...

Top Bottom